New Website and Feedback

Comments

• Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ughh the next day and it's still here.
    Seriously last night after I read the lulz and rage, and looked in the mirror-my eyes were bloodshot from looking at this shetty mess.
    BE GONNNEEE.
    And get rid of the ugly pale blue side bars to, at least make them a dark navy that doesn't look like a **** default board made by a ten year old.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Here's a question that will never be answered.

Why was the old forms changed in the first place? Its was better that way, and now certain color texts can't be seen anymore. Like the one i'm using right now the "Silver Text" color.

Also, why worry about how the forms look, when there's many bugs and other problems out there ingame that is making PW harder to play in.

Like the TideBorn face bug has that ever been fixed?

The Duel area that has been bugged up for over a year, and nothing changed has been changed about that.

So, when are you guys going to do something the real problems?

Because, this is just another problem that has been added on to a list of even more problems that have not be dealt with in PWI. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Untamedchaos - Sanctuary
    Untamedchaos - Sanctuary Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Why was the old forms changed in the first place? Its was better that way, and now certain color texts can't be seen anymore. Like the one i'm using right now the "Silver Text" color.

Also, why worry about how the forms look, when there's many bugs and other problems out there ingame that is making PW harder to play in.

The Duel area that has been bugged up for over a year, and nothing changed has been changed about that.

Because, this is just another problem that has been added on to a list of even more problems that have not be dealt with in PWI. b:surrender

This post had the most amount of win I've ever seen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] With a .25x multiplier = 423520 regular

Booyah.
    edited February 2010
    This post had the most amount of win I've ever seen.

I'm surprised that you where able to see it. b:surprised

(Since the new forms made it a lot more difficult for people to see my silver text.) b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Dark_Fate - Harshlands
    Dark_Fate - Harshlands Posts: 968 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    awwe my eyes hurts damn...
    how do i check rankings now btw?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    awwe my eyes hurts damn...
    how do i check rankings now btw?

I really don't know maybe the new forms mess it up. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Tylana - Heavens Tear
    Tylana - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:shocked the brightness is blinding me O.O
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Because why fix in game bugs when you can **** off players in the process of trying to attract more?

Didn't you know ugly, generic and eye-burning forums and disgustingly messy page layouts that have ANIME on them are all the rage? The anime is a cool way to draw in the kiddies and teens while the messy "here's some really generic and basic information so you don't know how many bugs we don't fix" attracts the adults.

/sarcasm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dark_Fate - Harshlands
    Dark_Fate - Harshlands Posts: 968 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    2 things....
    1.those colors hurt my eyes...QQQQ
    2. where are the rankings now? QQQQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Western - Heavens Tear
    Western - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:sad b:cry i want the old forum b:cry
    b:angry CLEAN isn't GREEN b:cry
  • Asfer - Heavens Tear
    Asfer - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Get rid of the Buzz section and replace it with PWE blog and get rid of Anime section altogether
    Want to know more about Forsaken World?
    Then go to:
    forsakenworldfans.blogspot.com
  • /Billion - Heavens Tear
    /Billion - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:cool yea i liked the old forum. It didnt blind me and the colors fit PWI!
  • TrueGamer - Lost City
    TrueGamer - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i personally think too that this new design is a little too bright
  • Wolfsfang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfsfang - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    OMG CHANGE IS BACK PLZ!!. i can do better with a free forum >.>
    GRAPHICS AND MOTION DESIGNER
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    As you may have noticed, the entire website has been revamped! ...

Let us know how you feel about all this, and we hope you continue to enjoy the PWE experience! b:thanks

Thanks for your hard work, FR, it's appreciated.

But, tbh, you went from one extreme to the next. As much as the old forum was too dark in terms of font colour (not enough contrast), this new interface is really too aggressive on the eyes and... well... it really hurts, esp after an intensive PWI gaming session.

Hope you find the right combo soon.

Edit: OK, I hate it, it's utterly ugly.
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i thought it was funny when the mod complained
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Mistyfied - Sanctuary
    Mistyfied - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I like the old one better. b:cry
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    new website?

you mean pwi didn't pay their lease bills and migrated over to a free forum layout, this is cheep tacky and horrible

cant believe you call it "new"
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ○__○ sucky.
    Gotta find somethign else to read while doing WQ's, cos this is too bright, and doesnt fit at all.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Get rid of the Buzz section and replace it with PWE blog and get rid of Anime section altogether

As a majour anime fan I should find that offencive but I seem to be finding my self offended by PWI's choice of anime. I mean really season 2 of Shugo Chara come on seriously, I enjoyed the first season to an extent but the second season isn't even based off anything it's just random **** thrown together by a bunch of animators. Next time I suggest they try looking into anime that actually good not random **** they think will bring in people even though there are much better sites with anime that is actually woth watching.
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • CJseven - Raging Tide
    CJseven - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    im assuming its been said already but im not reading 50 pages of "change it back". this new forum looks just like ever free forum on the net, at least the old one looked original and not like a quick copy paste forum design. ive been in factions with better looking forums then this
    edited February 2010
    Since were changing the site, why not give us the option to change our icons to something we want. I mean if your going to take away our wonderful layout then take away the icons because they don't match att all and it's unsightly to look at along with this new lay out b:scorn

Also the preview button is broken, seriously fix it now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

• Lenaura - Sanctuary
    Lenaura - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The new forum takes to long to load, adverts up the top are annoying. Its to bright, only read a few pages and have a headache.

Please change it back. I know you guys are only trying to make things better but this is one thing that should be left alone.
    edited February 2010
    There are somethings in life you should not mess with. For example your sister in a bad mood and our wonderful layoutb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Updated my first post, since this would never be read on page 51...
  • Rubassin - Dreamweaver
    Rubassin - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Updated my first post, since this would never be read on page 51...

Bad Luck .. XD i readed . , b:victory

I like new site :P but still has things to improveb:thanks
    b:byeb
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Did you read my updated post on the first page, though? Hm...? ponder.gif

That's the one that matters.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It looks exactly like every other free PHPBB board available on the net.

VERY disappointed, guys. annoy.gif

edit: Not that I expect anyone to actually care or take any of our feedback seriously. The miles-long anniversary-pack threads taught me that much.

It didn't occur to me to examine the main site more closely - I was disgusted enough just with the forum changes. But man... when your web-designers fail, they fail HARD.

-Screenshots/Wallpapers/etc: "Upload your own"? Are you kidding? This isn't photobucket - if you're in need of good screenshots, have a GM take some. You are presenting an OFFICIAL, COMMERCIAL ENTERPRISE. Be professional, dammit.

-Wallpapers: again with the fecking tideborn! WE GET IT. You released a new race. Good for you. While your devs are busy FINISHING said race, how about remembering you have three other complete races playable? Eh?

-Buzz Stream: We are on a website for the game Perfect World International. If the news is somehow relevant to that, fine. Developer blogs, media releases featuring PWI, all well and good. Title it "PWI in the Media" or somesuch. Giving us Yahoo-homepage **** about Dubai's shark tank is beyond ridiculous.

-Featured Videos: What were you SMOKING?! Again, completely irrelevant to your COMMERCIAL GAME PRODUCT. I'd say more, but it would involve too much swearing.

-Login/Sign-up: A minor vexation, but this is already present at the top of the screen. Make it more compact, at the very least, or invisible if you are already logged in. Better yet, replace it with a simple ad: "Not already a member? Sign up today!" - again, invisible or hidden if one is logged in.

-Guides & Forum sections: This appears to be the only thing you've done even remotely decent with. Even so, it should be a side-light and take up only a small percentage of the page.

Constructive Suggestions:
    -Remove "Featured Videos" altogether, or redirect it to PWI's youtube channel.
    -Remove option to upload your own Wallpapers & Screenshots. Fan Art is fine, provided it's moderated by somoene. Contest section should include winners & honorable mentions from the most recent contests.
    -RESTORE the old flash-bar at the top. The new one looks like X-Box Live.
    -Make the News section larger, alter the content of "Buzz Stream" or remove it altogether
    -RESTORE the very obvious links to past News, Events, and Patch Notes.
    -Remove the flash ad at the top of these forums. Anyone with a modicum of sense will be running an ad-blocker, anyone without will just be annoyed.
    -Fire your web designer. Seriously.

well, what to say more other than QFT b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Rubassin - Dreamweaver
    Rubassin - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010

>< xD i give up :P b:surrender
    edited February 2010

I read it and love it..........I also love the tiger emotesb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]