New Website and Feedback

Options

Comments

• Carni - Dreamweaver
    Carni - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    blue + white/grey is the standart skin for every cheap, new forum you set up, makes pwi look quite unprofessional.

The old skin/website had a few flaws here and there but the new side just looks like facebook or smth that has little to do with a game that has a certain flair.

Maybe your goal was to make it more community centered but I really, truely hate the new look.

Also, putting some more weight on our newest race is okay but I kinda expect it to turn back to ALL four races at some point rather than just highlighting a single one.

/end of rant ;)
  • Ember_s - Heavens Tear
    Ember_s - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Its too bright.. 90% I have troubles to read now. Plus I have the feeling it loads much slower :-(
    Please turn back to the dark background or make it at least available so we can choose it ourself. I want to read the forums without pain in my eyes and head b:shocked
  • Gaho - Sanctuary
    Gaho - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It looks exactly like every other free PHPBB board available on the net.

VERY disappointed, guys. annoy.gif

edit(4?): Okay, maybe for a change you will take our cumulative rage into consideration goodjob.gif

It didn't occur to me to examine the main site more closely - I was disgusted enough just with the forum changes. But man... when your web-designers fail, they fail HARD.

-Screenshots/Wallpapers/etc: "Upload your own"? Are you kidding? This isn't photobucket - if you're in need of good screenshots, have a GM take some. You are presenting an OFFICIAL, COMMERCIAL ENTERPRISE. Be professional, dammit.

-Wallpapers: again with the fecking tideborn! WE GET IT. You released a new race. Good for you. While your devs are busy FINISHING said race, how about remembering you have three other complete races playable? Eh?

-Buzz Stream: We are on a website for the game Perfect World International. If the news is somehow relevant to that, fine. Developer blogs, media releases featuring PWI, all well and good. Title it "PWI in the Media" or somesuch. Giving us Yahoo-homepage **** about Dubai's shark tank is beyond ridiculous.

-Featured Videos: What were you SMOKING?! Again, completely irrelevant to your COMMERCIAL GAME PRODUCT. I'd say more, but it would involve too much swearing.

-Login/Sign-up: A minor vexation, but this is already present at the top of the screen. Make it more compact, at the very least, or invisible if you are already logged in. Better yet, replace it with a simple ad: "Not already a member? Sign up today!" - again, invisible or hidden if one is logged in.

-Guides & Forum sections: This appears to be the only thing you've done even remotely decent with. Even so, it should be a side-light and take up only a small percentage of the page.

Constructive Suggestions:
    -Remove "Featured Videos" altogether, or redirect it to PWI's youtube channel.

-Remove option to upload your own Wallpapers & Screenshots. Fan Art is fine, provided it's moderated by somoene. Contest section should include winners & honorable mentions from the most recent contests.

-RESTORE the old flash-bar at the top. The new one looks like X-Box Live.

-Make the News section larger
    -Alter the content of "Buzz Stream" or remove it altogether

-RESTORE the very obvious links to past News, Events, and Patch Notes.

-Remove the flash ad at the top of these forums. Anyone with a modicum of sense will be running an ad-blocker, anyone without will just be annoyed. I saw one of the new design suggestions replace it with PWI's flash-based news-block. Good idea, use it.

-Fire your web designer. Seriously.

This. Seriously.
  • Swaze - Sanctuary
    Swaze - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    As long as you have the rankings down...

Could you possibly revamp the thing? I don't know about making it more than Top 50 (ie Top100) since that does take away from the prestige, but how about a class/race breakdown?

I know who the "Top" lvl and pk'ers are on my server but it would interesting to see how it all breaks down in class and race. For example: Top 50 Untamed, Top 50 Humans, etc.
    1st sage assassin in sanctuary. That's right, I jumped in with my eyes half closed. b:cute
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Omg lol

Almost 52 pages of purely anti-New look posts

Seriously i think i only saw liek three or four posts
    that weren't against this

xDDDD

anywho i actually don't mind the homepage
    there's extra stuff that isn't really needed
    but it's simpler and loads faster

however
    the forums
    are terrible

They look generic....

i do however liek that atleats the bear smileys look fine now
    b:bye
  • Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear
    Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    As long as you have the rankings down...

Could you possibly revamp the thing? I don't know about making it more than Top 50 (ie Top100) since that does take away from the prestige, but how about a class/race breakdown?

I know who the "Top" lvl and pk'ers are on my server but it would interesting to see how it all breaks down in class and race. For example: Top 50 Untamed, Top 50 Humans, etc.

I'd like this, would make the lvl/pvp rankings less cluttered and too filled, since there's sooo many 100+ now b:surrender
    Wanna see how each race stacks up individually~
    but for now Imma be avoiding the forums a bit X_x; Im really not liking all this white
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i dont even look at the game website. seems like a bunch of cash shop advertisements to me.
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i dont even look at the game website. seems like a bunch of cash shop advertisements to me.

It's actually more vile, if you can believe that. Boutique ads would be an improvement.
  • Kinrest - Sanctuary
    Kinrest - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ok folks. In case you didn't know, there's another thread asking what we think they should change about it.

Perhaps we could stop repeating ourselves and post some constructive criticism there, hmmm? We get it, it's bright. We know the front page sucks. We are all sick and tired of the TB overload. *sigh* T_T

The Devs actually want to take our thoughts into consideration for once! Give them color schemes! What to add, remove (and don't say THE WHITE!!) >_>

• Gaho - Sanctuary
    Gaho - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Actually I'd like to point out that most people that have complained over on this thread have already posted on the improvement thread ^^
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ok folks. In case you didn't know, there's another thread asking what we think they should change about it.

Perhaps we could stop repeating ourselves and post some constructive criticism there, hmmm? We get it, it's bright. We know the front page sucks. We are all sick and tired of the TB overload. *sigh* T_T

The Devs actually want to take our thoughts into consideration for once! Give them color schemes! What to add, remove (and don't say THE WHITE!!) >_>

Hate to point out...

We've already posted on that thread too.

This is our "QQ until your face turns blue" thread. Don't tell us not to post on it, because should this thread be locked or removed, the other "this is what we would like to see change" thread would turn into a "QQ until your face turns blue" thread and then where would we be?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MrsSpanky - Heavens Tear
    MrsSpanky - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Not much i can say about the new forum but...b:cryb:cryb:cryb:spit
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ^lol looks like she QQed until her face turned green
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • WriteWrong - Heavens Tear
    WriteWrong - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i don't mind it, the last one was a little too dark for my eyes so this is fresh. are there other skins we can use?
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Whats sad is I bet just cause a few trolls, and visually insane people agreed that they like the blinding white mass;
    that it'll end up staying this way because of
    "popular vote."
  • Sunaro - Lost City
    Sunaro - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Oh please, dear God, change it back to the old site... Please, I beg of you... b:cry
    Zektera - Blademaster
    Djeserit - Assassin
    TranquilSoul - Barbarian
    Torsti - Cleric
    Heartbourne - Seeker
  • _Whisper_ - Raging Tide
    _Whisper_ - Raging Tide Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Im sorry but what the hell happened here and who can i talk to so i can get my old page back. This design almost made me fall over from the brightness XD

.....Seriously
    [SIGPIC]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/skyeuser/Whispercopy.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I got my Fishy Gills, And my Flippy Floppy's. Im a fish on land, no one can stop mehb:chuckle
  • Kinrest - Sanctuary
    Kinrest - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hate to point out...

We've already posted on that thread too.

This is our "QQ until your face turns blue" thread. Don't tell us not to post on it, because should this thread be locked or removed, the other "this is what we would like to see change" thread would turn into a "QQ until your face turns blue" thread and then where would we be?

Well obviously not everyone has, if you look at the page difference... b:surrender I didn't want to be rude or anything... It's just that the other thread seems to be more like another QQ thread too. b:shutup

Eh. Forget I said anything. >_<
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    2 words... hate it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • zikler11
    zikler11 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    old look was 8.9/10

new noob **** look 3.7/10

this is horrible, where my server time on main page. this looks like a new grad from programin skool with no sence of creativity. b:surrender utter fail.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Not going to mention names but you all remember that going round the forum filter is a bannable offence?

*needs to bother *someone* to give her a template for warnings"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zikler11
    zikler11 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ...i cnt think of a worst possible layout then this so called new look.

its soo bad my vocab is not colorful enough to say how i feel . . .

however the old layout was really top class to the detail design.

WAT HAPPENed ?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? OMG OMG OMG b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Mr_Smith - Lost City
    Mr_Smith - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:angry were some of you board with anwsering tickets and solving actuall problems with the game and just wanted to mess with something new other than what your jobs in tail you to do why not figure out ways to cut down on lag for the players that dont have super computers in west arch or idk maybe take care of the rubberband glitch thats gotten me personally killed/pkd by mobs several times or by all means try to do something the players actually suggested you might try out i dont like the new page and from the several posts that i read no one else does either i agree too bright the adds for things that have absolutley nothing with the game=pointless page space taken up i for one would like to know half the winners on half the contests i never saw any announcments for anything for them since before the x2 event the old one was much better much easier to navigate and less time consuming to find anything useful you might b looking for have you ever heard of the saying if it aint broke dont fix it well heres your sign looks like somebody got the big idea that the page wasnt good enuff or up to date enuff and took a big roll a duct tape and wrapped the whole page in it as if it would help ty pwi for another dissapointmant i do enjoy the game greatly but latley it seems rather boring even for some one like myself thats an avid gamer heck even more wraith attacks would make the in game play a little funner idk when the last time i saw one on the LC server anyways only time there is one anymore is if its secret letter at dwp or 1k streams once when i first started playing there was a wraith attack on archo and i was onl lvl 18 at the time and hadnt even made it to the city yet but try to think of more things like that to do in your spare time than messing with something that everyone already has no problem with b:angry im srry but im tired of being a paying customer and having the people that play the game whine about you guys not doing anything but lining your pockets so heres the point prove us wrong for the first time ever in the history of your employment for pwi do something that matters and we need and want and have asked for time and time again and put some thought into it make events that everyone actually has a chance on even the lvl 1 noobs that barely just figured out how to install the game have a chance to win in game
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    TOO bright!! Dx
    Very bright.
    b:tired

Previous design was better.

How you think - brown buttons at white paper - is good ?

You must be using at least buttons with light colors ...

And where is your background ?

Look at http://pwi.perfectworld.com/expansion, for example.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devil_Vergil - Lost City
    Devil_Vergil - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    OK lol THANK GOD the couple pages of this thread ive read agree with me...the old look of the forums was actually pretty badass....it sucks that all u devs and GMs WONT see this as a SERIOUS question..but it is...

What the hell were u guys thinking when u changed it from something beautiful to THIS garbage????

The forums look like ****, and look like every other free website that any ten year old could probably design and make.

so as the 1millionth person to say this HOLY **** PLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZ change it back!!
  • Dosinn - Dreamweaver
    Dosinn - Dreamweaver Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I much preferred the old layout of the website and forum. Frankly, the new layout sucks bigtime. Especially how there are sections on the main page that have absolutely NOTHING TO FREAKING DO WITH PWI!!!!!!!! I mean, come on guys! Theres enough stuff in game that needs fixing that yall shouldnt be **** around fixing sumthin that wasnt even broken to begin with!! CHANGE IT BACK, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!b:angry b:infuriated b:angry b:infuriated
  • karmielkid
    karmielkid Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    My apologies to the site designers. However, this is one of the worst looking game related sites I have ever seen.
    Design looks like a Blog

1. Brightness.
    2. Advertisements at top of page.
    3. Irrelevant material throughout the site.
    4. No real fan site content?
    5. Buzz Stream ?
    6. Featured video?

This is just awful please go back to the old layout.

b:angry
  • qsaco
    qsaco Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i miss the server clock on the top. i dont live in usa so it was much easier to know server time this way. also some posts have things written in white color. have to select all text to read it properly. dont want to offend anyone but pls bring back old layout
  • Marian_anna - Heavens Tear
    Marian_anna - Heavens Tear Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Why was it even changed in the first place? And why are the fish STILL up! b:angry There are other races to put up or make a wallpaper background with all the races together =/
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hey Guys,

As you may have noticed, the entire website has been revamped! Make sure to clear your cache and reset your browser so that it all shows up properly.

Also, make sure to check out the new Fan Content page, where you guys can submit your own screen shots, wallpapers, and fan art!

Let us know how you feel about all this, and we hope you continue to enjoy the PWE experience!

b:thanks

**** too much white put back the other...