Demons and Sages are not balanced

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've played this game 29 months. Mage was my first class I've played it over six months on PW-MY. I wrote the first mage guide on these forums. I think I know a thing or two about mages, and I gave you all the information you needed in the video.

Wake up pls. You really don't know what you talking about. I don't want to argue here come to mage forum and I clearly show you your mistake.
    And also. Pls log with your mage character ok?
    PS. What you posted on video? The fight of two demon mages? I really don't understand what information is in video that proves, that demon>sage.
    And for your information They are lv.150 and I can tell you that If I use undine+ sage BIDS against this mage at lv.150(me) and will critic and next 10s I will critic again for sure he would be death.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Lol@this thread.

Okay guys, here's the thing. If your demon - your probably lookin' to kill people in PvP. Maybe not... Maybe you went demon because you wanted some demon skillz?

If you went sage, it's quite possible that you wanted to be able to PvE more than PvP. Again, maybe not... Maybe you went sage because of the skillz.

Overall, both classes are equal. I could've went sage for the PvE element - more HP, better tankin' and all. I went demon for PvP - better crits, and dmg. Although a sage can PvP perfectly fine, and a demon can PvE perfectly fine. It's really just a matter of opinion.

No, TigerLily gave it to you straight, I gave it to you straight. Do not mix it. You are insinuating demon is for pvp, and sage is for pve and that is not the case!

Wake up pls. You really don't know what you talking about. I don't want to argue here come to mage forum and I clearly show you your mistake.
    And also. Pls log with your mage character ok?

Wake up, lol. Do you see a single sage wizard in that video? No. How many demon wizards do you see? Like 5+, and there's good reason for that. I'm not here to argue either I'm telling you how it is, and what kind of reading comprehension problem do you have, can you not read my mage is on PW-MY?

If you are wise you will listen, if not I could care less, I'm not the one going sage. Have fun, and enjoy the game. I'm not debating this with you anymore, I've wasted enough of my time already on this. Learn the hard way.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    No, TigerLily gave it to you straight, I gave it to you straight. Do not mix it. You are insinuating demon is for pvp, and sage is for pve and that is not the case!

Wake up, lol. Do you see a single sage wizard in that video? No. How many demon wizards do you see? Like 5+, and there's good reason for that. I'm not here to argue either I'm telling you how it is, and what kind of reading comprehension problem do you have, can you not read my mage is on PW-MY?

If you are wise you will listen, if not I could care less, I'm not the one going sage. Have fun, and enjoy the game. I'm not debating this with you anymore, I've wasted enough of my time already on this. Learn the hard way.

Of course you cannot argue because you don't have arguments. Or should I post some video where sage beats demon? You making conclusion of 1 video? lol
    And for your information They are lv.150 and I can tell you that If I use undine+ sage BIDS against this mage at lv.150(me) and will critic and next 10s I will critic again for sure he would be death.
    P.S I have to finish now i'm at work . I will come later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I haven't played a sage / demon yet, and IDK...

Spark, you save more damage.

If sage skills need to be beefed up, and that would take a lot of work lol. It would have to stay balanced...

And lets say spark...

25% damage reduction for 15 secs vs 25% attack rate increase for 15 secs...
    A lot of barbs choose sage, anyways... They have invoke the spirit, frighten, shape shifting intensity, wind shield (if they get skill from genie) and solid shield (same as wind shield), there are ways to endure attacks and sage spark is one of them. Asking for more than 50% damage reduction is too much.

On top of that, barbs HATE stomp of the beast king, so demon one should be no different, and sage one they might get because of extra chi. There are skills that affects the playstyle of the players.

Sage beastial rage seems unbalanced with demon one? Well for one 1 one targets, ok. But in AOE, sage barbs have it much better than demon barbs in AOE.

IMO sage / demon classes seem balanced. But that's just me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Lol@this thread.

Okay guys, here's the thing. If your demon - your probably lookin' to kill people in PvP. Maybe not... Maybe you went demon because you wanted some demon skillz?

If you went sage, it's quite possible that you wanted to be able to PvE more than PvP. Again, maybe not... Maybe you went sage because of the skillz.

Overall, both classes are equal. I could've went sage for the PvE element - more HP, better tankin' and all. I went demon for PvP - better crits, and dmg. Although a sage can PvP perfectly fine, and a demon can PvE perfectly fine. It's really just a matter of opinion.

^---- this

I'm going sage with both my barb and this BM avatar ;D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Of course you cannot argue because you don't have arguments. Or should I post some video where sage beats demon? You making conclusion of 1 video? lol
    P.S I have to finish now i'm at work . I will come later.

Look here. Both wizards and every wizard in the video is DEMON. It isn't a lulz look here a demon beats a sage.../boggle

You apparently can't even see the point of the video. It isn't one video I can show you 10 videos of demon wizards with ridonkulous channeling speeds. The point of the video is channeling speed and damage a sage can never reach!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQWUtAwt_tU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyEo9dV0KiY

That any clearer? Now really...I'm done.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Again, it's all a matter of opinion. There is no fact that Sage is < Demon for any class. Videos don't back up your opinion. The skillz for both Sage/Demon have equally valuable things that do balance eachother out.
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    For most classes Demon has better pvp skills in general which is why more people goes for demon. Juts go count fairy's and hamburgers lol

There are more demon; clerics and bms for that reason.

There are 100% more demon; barbs and archers for that reason.

I think its rather dumb creating 2 path where 1 is so much more alluring skill wise that everyone picks it. Kinda makes it pointless with sage/demon for some classes.

Most demon classes are also just as good as sage in pve since pve in this game is rather easy mode now, while sage is weaker in pvp. Just doesn't add up to me.

I think developers thought people would be more into challenging pve aspects of the game, why they made sage classes the way they look.
    But all pve in this game has been incredible nerfed since developers made the sage skills, so the sage paths kinda needs an update now.

Back in the days there was 100% more mobs in TT, you didnt have a 10% blessing, Lunar Glade took 6 hours, Only a few of the better geared people could finish 86+ Rebirth without genies and Frost before omg you really had use of extra chi and defense skills as sage. But today endgame pve is rather easy making the sage path very out dated.

Alltho sage venos are just as good as demon in pvp, maybe even better b:cute

Edit: I find it rather funny with demon players in this tread saying "go go you can pick sage its just as good as demon and very balanced".
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The point of the video is channeling speed and damage a sage can never reach!

On single targets perhaps.
    However nothing can beat sage aoe spike damage. Also, demon masteries are garbage.

And which guide did you make? Some of the earlier ones were pretty terribad.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This thread clearly shows who is flexible with their ideas and skills, and who is narrow minded.
    Those narrow minded pple,

they will not see,

what they do not beleive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    which would you rather have on your mage...

extra 5% damage + tons of mdef debuffs?
    or
    extra 1% crit + channeling reduction?

personally, i'd rather have the 5% damage, cause in my eyes, 1% crit means nothing on a puremag mage

here's the point i'm making:
    both paths have their upsides and downsides, both paths can outdo the other if you KNOW WHAT THE **** YOU DOIN...

then again, that's just me, i don't see how either path is so "uber" over the others
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited February 2010

or

personally, i'd rather have the 5% damage, cause in my eyes, 1% crit means nothing on a puremag mage
    Eh.....

Demons have a harder hitting sandstorm.
    Demons have a better stone barrier.
    Demons have a stone rain that stuns.
    Demons have a better blade tempest.

I'm a sage btw.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010

or

here's the point i'm making:
    both paths have their upsides and downsides, both paths can outdo the other if you KNOW WHAT THE **** YOU DOIN...

then again, that's just me, i don't see how either path is so "uber" over the others
    eye of observation shows the masteries stack, and they dont have mdef debuffs, they have small fire and water resistance debuffs... which both suck compared to undine because they are less and dont stack.

last i checked, - channel and crit = amazing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Eh.....

Demons have a harder hitting sandstorm.
    Demons have a better stone barrier.
    Demons have a stone rain that stuns.
    Demons have a better blade tempest.

I'm a sage btw.

sage has aoe stun
    sage has aoe seal
    sage has the ability to chain all three ultis in one macro

ijs :P
    eye of observation shows the masteries stack, and they dont have mdef debuffs, they have small fire and water resistance debuffs... which both suck compared to undine because they are less and dont stack.

on a puremag mage, +1% crit is relatively useless compared to +5% damage
    on a light armor mage, +1% crit is awesome compared to +5% damage
    and yes, undine is better for the reduction amount, however the skills themselves deal great damage
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010

If a wizard has 8% crit, it'll have 11% with masteries. That's not a huge difference.

Also, I don't understand why everyone thinks that demons chant faster. Sages have skills that have -channeling as well. That's assuming you aren't talking about the wellspring bonus for demons; I don't really know anyone in their right mind that would waste a spark for that.
    sage has aoe stun
    Eh....if you're talking about Mountain Seize, demons have that too.

I know what bonus's sage wizards have, I was just making a point. There are many demon skills that are superior to their sage counterparts.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    If a wizard has 8% crit, it'll have 11% with masteries. That's not a huge difference.

Also, I don't understand why everyone thinks that demons chant faster. Sages have skills that have -channeling as well. That's assuming you aren't talking about the wellspring bonus for demons; I don't really know anyone in their right mind that would waste a spark for that.
    their 3x spark has -25% channel, and alot of their moves have reduced channel time.

@alex
    having all 3 = 3% more not 1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    their 3x spark has -25% channel, and alot of their moves have reduced channel time.

yea, this ^

but that's hardly an issue when you are dealing insane damage per hit as a sage mage...

again, its about your build and playstyle, as well as personal preference

@waffles- then its +15% damage or +3% crit... i would still go with the damage as a puremag mage, or crit as a light armor

personally, i'd never build my mage for LA, so sage will always be better for ME, but then again, other people have different opinion because they have different playstyle and/or build
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010

@alex
    having all 3 = 3% more not 1.
    Let's think about it.

Big shiny red flash = STUN THAT ******

Relying on a spark usually equates to getting ****-faced
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    yea, this ^

but that's hardly an issue when you are dealing insane damage per hit as a sage mage...

again, its about your build and playstyle, as well as personal preference

@waffles- then its +15% damage or +3% crit... i would still go with the damage as a puremag mage, or crit as a light armor

personally, i'd never build my mage for LA, so sage will always be better for ME, but then again, other people have different opinion because they have different playstyle and/or build
    demons have the moves that have damage +'d on them, its not as if their DPH is really any different. demons have the better dps though

the crits stack, the 5% bonuses do not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    demons have the moves that have damage +'d on them, its not as if their DPH is really any different. demons have the better dps though

sage has greater DPH overall, demon has greater DPS overall...

you also have to realize, sage path would require puremag build and heavy refines in order for it to make a noticeable difference

its the same basic deal, overall you'd be doing +15% damage, just like overall you'd be doing +3% crit
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    sage has greater DPH overall, demon has greater DPS overall...

you also have to realize, sage path would require puremag build and heavy refines in order for it to make a noticeable difference

its the same basic deal, overall you'd be doing +15% damage, just like overall you'd be doing +3% crit
    which makes it like demon vs sage archer... where the sage has to go berserk on refines to make any noticable difference between the two. this is kind of a demons game :o

and its not the same dif, you cant really compare apples to oranges to bananas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    which makes it like demon vs sage... where the sage has to go berserk on refines to make any noticable difference between the two. this is kind of a demons game :o

and its not the same dif, you cant really compare apples to oranges to bananas

well see thats the thing, once you reach endgame, you're going to put those refines on your weap, so in the end, it still comes down to personal preference, playstyle, and build b:victory
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    but an equally refined demon is more scary than a sage! to me this whole 'its a matter of personal playstyle' is just a blind eyed cop out to ignore the realization demons are for the most part better on all but venos and clerics O_o.

on them it doesnt matter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    but an equally refined demon is more scary than a sage!
    How? Sage has superior ultimates and can cast the first tier skills at a faster rate than demon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    but an equally refined demon is more scary than a sage! to me this whole 'its a matter of personal playstyle' is just a blind eyed cop out to ignore the realization demons are for the most part better on all but venos and clerics O_o.

on them it doesnt matter

it dont matter, if both have +12'd weap, sage will still do much higher DPH, and demon will do much better DPS... they balance eachother out, and it comes down to how you play your character as to which path you choose b:laugh
    How? Sage has superior ultimates and can cast the first tier skills at a faster rate than demon.

sage can also chain all three ultis in one macro ... ijs
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    sage can also chain all three ultis in one macro ... ijs
    You say that, but I don't see the practicality of using that against another wizard. I'd just as soon Sutra + D-Pyro for fire debuff + BT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    You say that, but I don't see the practicality of using that against another wizard. I'd just as soon Sutra + D-Pyro for fire debuff + BT

lol, you wouldnt use that against another wizard. you'd use that in TW
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    cast the first tier skills at a faster rate than demon.
    no they cant, gush has no reduced, pyro is faster on demon. stone rain is the only one in this category.
    has superior ultimates
    only black ice dragon
    the other two both have chi related or stupid effects.
    sage will still do much higher DPH,
    only at times your black ice dragon goes off, for the most part demon wins :V
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    no they cant, gush has no reduced, pyro is faster on demon. stone rain is the only one in this category.
    Errmmm.......

Only pyrogram has reduced channeling. And the channeling reduction on stone rain for sage is larger. So sage is faster on the first tier skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    what the **** kind of logic is that?
    demon pyro > sage in terms of channel
    gush has NO increase on either

how is sage faster on all of them, when its only faster on one?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]