The Goshiki Quest Chain Quest Guide

Options

Comments

• Melindasa - Raging Tide
    Melindasa - Raging Tide Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ty for this guide,when i was lvl 60 i reallly used it to complet the goshiki quest,once again,ty...b:cute
    Any statement of yours should I consider invalid unless you add ''turtle'' among your lines b:mischievous
  • Pure_Wish - Heavens Tear
    Pure_Wish - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The "Magic Item" quest is now called "Crystal Conversion"
    And great guide btw!b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pure_Wish [Rigante]
    Level 8x cleric
    Happily married to RyuNova <3
    PureWish [Rigante]
    Level 7x Psychic
    Pure_Blossom [Rigante]
    Level 3x Mystic
  • Yaaah - Dreamweaver
    Yaaah - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    THANK YOU!! :D I couldn't have done this without this guide, now i'm waiting to become lvl60 so i can continue with '' Sorrow Shore'' This is a truly amazing guide.

I really like this quest. The story is great, the rewards are great and the exp is AWESOME :D
    I hope they'll add more quests like this when Genesis is out.

Again, Thank you soo soo much, this is the best guide I've ever seen. b:pleased
  • Just_Do_It - Sanctuary
    Just_Do_It - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Wow the level 40 - 49 part was extremely easy. Even that level 80 with 80k hp (I just healed a lvl 45 Psychic as he killed it). 760k xp for very little work seemed like a bit too much, I'm not complaining but all the other quests at this level require allot of effort with little reward most of the time while this, this was lol.
  • darpwnz
    darpwnz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I am at level 60 and for some reason the tideborn elder does not have the next part of the questline for me...

Yes i did the parts before... i followed this guide exactly...
  • Darpwnz - Sanctuary
    Darpwnz - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Your guide is wrong..... take out this whole chunk - "Level 60

Elder's Letter
    - Speak with Elder of Tideborn (657, 143)
    - Obtain 1 Elder's Letter
    - Speak with Dizzy (491,890)
    - Reward: Coins (10440), Exp (24899), Spirit (6225)
    - Continue onto the quest "Visit Dizzy""
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    Pledge - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Your guide is wrong..... take out this whole chunk - "Level 60

Elder's Letter
    - Speak with Elder of Tideborn (657, 143)
    - Obtain 1 Elder's Letter
    - Speak with Dizzy (491,890)
    - Reward: Coins (10440), Exp (24899), Spirit (6225)
    - Continue onto the quest "Visit Dizzy""

I seem to have bumped into that when I did the chain again... Oh well, maybe it got taken out. I'll take it out now.
    I'm a male... Humanoid... Thing... Well, I'm full of something.
  • LeLelle - Sanctuary
    LeLelle - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    RE: Heart of Thorns

Clerics may want to reconsider the advice to not kite these mobs. My apologies if this was already pointed out.

The mobs are ranged, and they are not the fastest runners. They are also found at the edge of the Talon playfield giving you all the runway in the world.

Doing this at level 70, I never got hit with a single rock. I was fortunate enough not to get one with increased movement speed.

Of course your Cyclone skill needs to be up to date. I like to use W & S keys to move while kiting.

Heres hoping another epic quest chain comes with Earth Guard.
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    Options
    RE: Heart of Thorns

Clerics may want to reconsider the advice to not kite these mobs. My apologies if this was already pointed out.

The mobs are ranged, and they are not the fastest runners. They are also found at the edge of the Talon playfield giving you all the runway in the world.

Doing this at level 70, I never got hit with a single rock. I was fortunate enough not to get one with increased movement speed.

Of course your Cyclone skill needs to be up to date. I like to use W & S keys to move while kiting.

Heres hoping another epic quest chain comes with Earth Guard.

True that kiting deadeyes are a legitimate method, but there are times you would back up into more mobs, it is best indeed to do so in an open area. Like the north region.

If another chain comes with Earthguard, should I write a guide? :P
  • EilagaSanat - Sanctuary
    EilagaSanat - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Just want to say the "Elder's Letter" it's part of the chain; it wasn't removed, or maybe it was added again.
    Trying to improve my english everyday... b:victory
  • Tygurr - Sanctuary
    Tygurr - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I don't know if anyone else noticed but the Blood Combat part of the chain is glitched. I've tried doing the quest twice (on my 54 cleric) and both times, Goshiki was -not- inside where the undead officers and soldiers are. Yes, I went in solo as the quest said to. Any ideas on how to make it work again?
    Somewhat retired from PWI, now playing Hellgate Global full time
  • Just_Do_It - Sanctuary
    Just_Do_It - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I loved this quest mostly for the XP/Spirit. My only real difficulties I had with the guest were the Taurox Snipers (Had to wait until i was lvl 59 before i could kill them), General Feng gave my squad some trouble, I had to buy some bronze guardin/spirit charms for the 30 minute part as I couldn't keep up with just mana pots and soloing The Tideborn Traitor also took forever (once again luckily i had the charms).

Now all thats left is the final boss. 1.3m hp b:shocked
  • AnotherV - Dreamweaver
    AnotherV - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I just did this quest but it gave me the Spiralshell crabs for the weaker of the two.
  • Flynnt - Raging Tide
    Flynnt - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm stuck on this one. After Blood Combat, I got the system message, talked to Dizzy, then went and talked to the Elder. He gave me the rewards (not Dizzy, who according to the guide I'm meant to go back to for the rewards). The mirage celestones and the tisha stones.

But now no one has a quest for me... I've gone to the Elder, Dizzy, Ormin, even tried the darn mermaid on White Sand Beach. I've relogged.

I can't seem to carry on with the quest! This happen for anyone else?

(I've done this quest on two other characters and it all worked just fine, but my barb is stuck after Blood Combat...)
  • XANTH_ - Heavens Tear
    XANTH_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    nvm i got it >.>
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm stuck on this one. After Blood Combat, I got the system message, talked to Dizzy, then went and talked to the Elder. He gave me the rewards (not Dizzy, who according to the guide I'm meant to go back to for the rewards). The mirage celestones and the tisha stones.

But now no one has a quest for me... I've gone to the Elder, Dizzy, Ormin, even tried the darn mermaid on White Sand Beach. I've relogged.

I can't seem to carry on with the quest! This happen for anyone else?

(I've done this quest on two other characters and it all worked just fine, but my barb is stuck after Blood Combat...)

This happens... A lot... I'm still trying to confirm if the aftermath of Blood Combat triggers at level 60. I've yet to find a reliable source, even my sources fight with each other.
  • Aisura - Dreamweaver
    Aisura - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well i am up to the final boss on the quest chain with the 1.so mil of hp on my mystic and im only 59. although i cant fight that boss because emerald moon says im too weak. Do i have to wait till 70 to do this?? or 61? what lvl would be best? / Does it let u fight the last boss. And i am getting mized message do you have to fight him alone. or do u have to do it with a squad. I was told by several ppl i wouldnt get the charm unless i fought him alone.
  • CptMaggots - Lost City
    CptMaggots - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sorry to bother you all but i need to ask something. How come I did not get a hp charm when I finished all the TB quests? b:sad

This. I got the charm on my Veno, Psy, and Cleric, but I just finished the line on my Seeker and just got the exp/coins/mirages. Is this atypical? Or did they remove the charm and not say anything? b:sad
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Remember to forget to relent, to surrender.
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This. I got the charm on my Veno, Psy, and Cleric, but I just finished the line on my Seeker and just got the exp/coins/mirages. Is this atypical? Or did they remove the charm and not say anything? b:sad

Remove the charm? O_O
    I didn't get it killed after Genesis came out... Yet.
    I'll see, if it's been confirmed, I'll remove that from the rewards list...
  • godsarse
    godsarse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Can you add mystics to the class` that can solo the Nirvana quest below lvl 59. (15 Undead Soldiers and 15 Undead Officers)
    Just did it at lvl 57.b:victory

Took truckload of pots but a lvl10 Devil helps.
  • Nightsfangs - Archosaur
    Nightsfangs - Archosaur Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    NIce guide
    Nut i seem to have a problem, i can't kill the mobs in time,because i loose hp fast so i need to meditate a lot,any advice?

Ty in advance.
    The voices in my head might not be real..............................................................but they have some good ideas!
  • CptMaggots - Lost City
    CptMaggots - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Remove the charm? O_O
    I didn't get it killed after Genesis came out... Yet.
    I'll see, if it's been confirmed, I'll remove that from the rewards list...

I wouldnt remove it from the rewards just yet, just put a note there that it might glitch.

I submitted a ticket about it, and they basically said it should have given it to me and that they are forwarding it to the developers, then they gave me the tidal protection. So it SHOULDNT be removed, but it looks like some people arent getting it since the expansion regardless.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Remember to forget to relent, to surrender.
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    NIce guide
    Nut i seem to have a problem, i can't kill the mobs in time,because i loose hp fast so i need to meditate a lot,any advice?

Ty in advance.

Don't meditate no matter what, it wastes way too much time, keep in mind your 30-minutes start as soon as you enter Vampire's Domain, Goshiki appears 5 seconds later, there's a one-minute dialogue and "cinematic" halfway through, not to mention, the mobs are clumped pretty close to AoE is not the best idea, time is the tight factor in that mission, you need either truckload of pots (apothecary helps), OR, consider doing the Treasure Hunt III and IV before you enter - they happen at levels 29 and 39, one awards an HP charm and the other awards an MP charm, if you have a hammer, open your level 55 supply stash before going in for the charm inside, charm yourself with the treasure hunt charms and 55 - 65 supply stash charms, mold gear helps as well, if you can afford it, if you have charms, focus on dealing as much damage as possible - but still don't AoE unless you're pro enough or your char is good enough, you may lose more HP than the charm can handle.
    godsarse wrote: »
    Can you add mystics to the class` that can solo the Nirvana quest below lvl 59. (15 Undead Soldiers and 15 Undead Officers)
    Just did it at lvl 57.b:victory

Took truckload of pots but a lvl10 Devil helps.

I'll add it right away... I know mystics are pretty OP when handling time quests :P
  • Nightsfangs - Archosaur
    Nightsfangs - Archosaur Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ur Guide Rocks!

U've done a really good job!

Tnx, its been very helpfull.

Also I would like to add, that in order to do blood battle I just used some Life Powder and it was a piece of cake with it, so I recomend to do it too.
    The voices in my head might not be real..............................................................but they have some good ideas!
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    nemeritz wrote: »
    U mean lvl 55 supply stash HP charm?

Oh, yeah... Well, last time I ever spent a hammer was a year ago, so... :P
    It doesn't work.
    I`m a 76 mage and with the bow and arrow (both lvl 1..) am doing like 2, 3 damage (Critical Hit). So I need like 150 shots to get 1 worm down. I tried and at half of the worms life he disappeared and so did 10 minutes of shooting. I tried after with my weapon (lvl 59 glaive,don't ask why,I dropped the game for 1 year it's the best i could find) and I did like 10 damage,but happened the same as with the bow. At half of the life or at 3/4 of the worms life it disappeared...
    If anyone knows any other method,I`m all ears !

Don't use a bow, it's way too inefficient, wizzies don't invest points in dex (I hope o.o), so your bow is virtually worthless against the staunch worms, go up and use your magic weapon to slash them, hopefully you have fast wings to catch them.
  • mystichart
    mystichart Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i know i got the bloodstained bag but i think i npc-ed it, just wondering if theres a way to replace it cause i finished fang but i can't continue on to the destiny quest part cause i can't find the bloodstained bag (in inventory or stash) hence why i think i npced it by accident.
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    mystichart wrote: »
    i know i got the bloodstained bag but i think i npc-ed it, just wondering if theres a way to replace it cause i finished fang but i can't continue on to the destiny quest part cause i can't find the bloodstained bag (in inventory or stash) hence why i think i npced it by accident.

Gotta love accidents... Try going back to the Vice Admiral to see if you can get it again, I believe there is an NPC that replaces things. Even Craftsman Betep replaces crystals if you lose it, so someone out there's gotta be able to replace the bag.
  • Arctix - Dreamweaver
    Arctix - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I did the 30 min quests in lvl 57 with 6 mins left.I know I'm an expert at psy n timing my skills but really a good psy with better weapon can finish it easily.The landslide skill helps a lot.Though I must say ur charm cant handle everything I used Chi poultise of death(the 300 mana pots u get on exchanging divine honor of light)it recovers 1k hp and at that lvl probably the highest if u can time correctly u can alternatly switch between balck n white vodoo while u attk n take damage. So all I need to say is it isnt impossible for a psy at low levels
  • _Unmatched_ - Sanctuary
    _Unmatched_ - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i remember doing this quest at some point.....i did not recive a charm nor the Stones that enhance refining chances.......if i stopped doing the quest at some point should it still be in my Quest List or.....is it a auto-popup quest ? i dont give a **** about the charm i just want teh stones b:avoidb:avoid
    [SIGPIC] This is how real playyas level. [/SIGPIC]This is how real playyas level.
  • buddyangel0225
    buddyangel0225 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Okay, i am a level 54 veno...I remember seeing one popup at level 40 and after that nothing. I have tried talking to the forbidden pillar, the raging tides person, goshiki, and my starting elder. None of them had the quest and there was a grey flag above my elder which usually means i think that im not qualified for the quest yet which i dont understand. I tried sending a ticket to support and they told me what i already knew and told me to go talk to the people i have already tried. Does this mean i wont be able to do the quest at all? i also remember seeing something in the pwi wiki about being able to do the quests after level 61.

It would really help if someone can clarify what happened and if its too late or if i can get a reset quest line for this character.

Thank you.