Squading Assassin

12345679»

Comments

• Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Let me assure you that it's not self-inferiority complex. In this fine game, whoever has the gear wins most of the time. Providing that you are not stupid to begin with.

As long as sins get the drop on someone, the outcome is most likely to have been predetermined. No doubt genie skill can overcome that and gives you that slight breathing space. But it can be countered again as long as the sin is smart. Smart players on the field would bring luck and skills into play. But odds are not good for the other party.

As soon as I have read up on the skills of fishies, I have been thinking of strategies for the DD classes I play. But their stuns and teleports are the killers. On top of that, if they ever have triple spark, that is a world of pain for any robes and LA.

Even worse would be sins with 5 attk /s. Nothing can stop them as long as long as you are being kept stunned.

Also this game is not as balanced as you think. Right now, the slight handicap on distance that sins faced could have been negated by teleporting. The only thing that they cannot tank maybe bosses with p attk aoes. But hey, even Rankar has been tanked before. What's new?

Anway, it pointless to debate on whether fishies have their purpose in the game.

Here's some food for thought.

You're in territory war. You teleport in and stun your target, triple spark and ready to beat his **** to the ground.

You see a flash of light and a 10k crit pop up on your screen. Next thing you know you're back in town with a 30 second seal on you.

I know 1 v 1 theoretically they sound awesome. But theoretical battles are just that. Theory.

Very rarely do "planned" fights work out the way they want to. There's a million factors out there that can affect the outcome.

I don't doubt that whoever has the gear wins. Nor do I think this game is balanced. But do I think all the non-tideborn classes have been made obsolete by this new addition? No I do not.

There's only so many people that have enough income to spend so much on this game. There's only so many that can afford to +12 their gear, 4 socket everything with vit stones and get rank 8.

Your average assassin will not have 5 attacks per second. Not even close. No rank 8, no interval daggers. It's not bad, but definitely not the beasting powerhouse you speak of.

The 5 attacks per second is potential. That is, all factors optimal, and finance not a factor.

Let's face reality. Not everyone plays smart. Not everyone's rich. I'm sure somewhere in-between the heavily cash shopped sins and the arcane sins there's a leeway for other classes to make way.

And in the end, all of this 5 attacks per second stuff is potential - a dream if you will. How many people will actually reach this? I can count it on one hand most likely. One thing is for certain. I won't be needing my toes to add onto the count.

Let's not get too worked up over something that has yet to come? :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think he meant economics as in.. his macroeconomics lectures x_x

I should be watching my genetics lectures ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyve - Sanctuary
    Lyve - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    PvP wise I cant see anything unbalanced. As people have already stated some classes seem to be better at fighting other classes, this is no different with assassins. As far as arrogance, a few arrogant people on the forums hardly make up the player base. I have not seen any more arrogance in game from assassins then I have any other class. Arrogant people are.....that's right arrogant, and irregardless of what class they play they will always act as such. If you find yourself in squad with these people you have 2 choices, kick them from the squad or leave the squad yourself. Its never gonna change, there are arrogant and obnoxious people all around the world, but one or two obnoxious people in a group is hardly any basis for judging the group as a whole.
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    it should also be noted that not every single fist BM out there have anywhere near 5atk/sec. most of them dont have 400+ mill to spare either.

so i guess if you want you can say sins have higher Potential them fist BMs. people are just having trouble believing it because a sin has yet to acheive there full potential.
  • Nolasa - Dreamweaver
    Nolasa - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    As far as arrogance, a few arrogant people on the forums hardly make up the player base. I have not seen any more arrogance in game from assassins then I have any other class. Arrogant people are.....that's right arrogant, and irregardless of what class they play they will always act as such. If you find yourself in squad with these people you have 2 choices, kick them from the squad or leave the squad yourself. Its never gonna change, there are arrogant and obnoxious people all around the world, but one or two obnoxious people in a group is hardly any basis for judging the group as a whole.

+1 this right here. While i have been kicked from squads cause of my class (thankfully, that hasnt happend in the last coupla weeks), ive had several squads say they were glad i was there. Hell, i had a lvl 86 Herc'ed veno say she noticed a definite difference in the time it took to kill mobs in a TT run i was in. It was me, the veno, a bm, a cleric, and a barb there. In the bh runs ive been on over the last several weeks, ive noticed that, while my DPS is pretty good, where i can help the most is with my debuffs, specificly my atk speed debuff. That debuff makes things easier on the barb, making things easier on the cleric, making things easier for everyone. Now, does this mean that "oh, well, if you dont take me with you, youll all die"? hell no. it just makes things a WEE BIT easier. Like some of the previous posters have said, while our DPS potential is huge, the fact we wear LA is our achiles heel. Ive dueled bms and barbs, and ive YET to win against them unless im like, 10 lvls higher.

Also the stealth/tele skills? not as big an advantage as yall might think. Our 1st stealth skill has a very quick cooldown, true, but it can only be used out of combat. our escape stealth skill has a 90 sec cooldown, so its essential a 1 use skill. The 1st teleport skill we get has a max range of 30 meters, and a 15 sec cooldown, so it could be pretty useful in TW. But our stunning tele skill? costs a spark and has a 180 sec cooldown. So, while the stealth/tele skills Are useful, they are not OPed skills, making Sins a god class or something. Stay alert, and be quick with your skills, and youll have just as much a chance against a sin as any other class.