The Return of Anniversary Pack Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I hope this time they actually honor the time limit..like last time they said they would be taken out the next Tuesday and it ended up being there for the next month.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • ShiroiAurion - Heavens Tear
    ShiroiAurion - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Awesome! The game just became Free to Pay. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MissHeron - Dreamweaver
    MissHeron - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    So they want more cash for holidays, yey for anni packs which 90% of players hate.
    Always be ready to speak your mind, and a base man will avoid you.
    William Blake
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    pwrd_anniv.png

can i haz PW sharez pleaze??
  • DollParts - Sanctuary
    DollParts - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    so this is going to be the never ending trend with pw.

Sales go down, anni pack time.
    so much for limited time offer (isnt that what they were the first time?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShiroiAurion - Heavens Tear
    ShiroiAurion - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Agreed...ugh...today's just been...

...it's gotten to the point where I don't even feel like trolling today.

So, somewhat-serious time. When Anni Packs first came out, I felt horrible. I felt like all of my work and dedication and love for this game...just went out the window, and relied solely on how much I was willing to spend to gamble on Anni Packs. I did...and I lost. Nothing but tokens. So I took the tokens, spent them on Oracles, leveled up to 89, got a squad together, became a Sage...then quit. That was my goal, and I reached it. I got Sage, and I got Sage Pyrogram, Gush, and Stone Rain. To me, I had beaten the game, and I was happy, so there was no more need to play it.

...and so I moved on to another MMO...that infamous one that was getting some free publicity from QQ'ers in PWI. It was my first P2P...and it was amazing. I loved every second of playing it...and even though it was the beta, I knew it was going to be even more of a blast come the actual launch...I preordered it, got the extra-special package...and waited.

But it seemed that Nature had intended a different path for me. On the day the game was scheduled to launch...my laptop died. The hard drive fried, and it was all gone. My parents gave me a new laptop, but this one didn't have the ability to play said P2P MMO. I was crushed. I know it seems a little...nuts...but to me, I kinda need to have some MMO to lean on right now in my life. I don't have much of a release emotionally...busy with school, work, family issues...but whatever; that's my business, and I'll deal with it. At least in MMO's, I can create my own character, make him look just like me and put myself into the game...and just let it all go from there.

THAT'S what I play these games for. Not to be the best, or have the best gear, or be the richest...but to have fun, and relax. Every now and again, I'll visit some of the home cities here and just role-play for a good hour or so. Some people think I'm nuts for doing that...but it makes me happy. And trust me, if I didn't have that, I'd probably be long gone by now.

Now I'm back here at PWI, and once again, Anni Packs have returned. But I honestly could care less. Yes, I still feel a tinge of envy to those who get lucky and get the amazing gear...but to each their own. I'll stick with my new shiny TT90 gear (that I pretty much got all on my own), and my awesome weapon...and just play the game that I want to play it...as a release.

I like this =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    So they want more cash for holidays, yey for anni packs which 90% of players hate.

ummm 90% of the people dont hate them or they wouldnt have sold that well last time they were here, everyone just QQs because they want to fit in with the 10% of people who actually hate them
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ummm 90% of the people dont hate them or they wouldnt have sold that well last time they were here, everyone just QQs because they want to fit in with the 10% of people who actually hate them

I honestly can say I HATE THEM with a passion o.o

Look at nifty sig i made O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    There's so much I'd love to say regarding my opinion of the devs that I will keep to myself to avoid a ban.

That is all.

You were going great. New expansion...awesome quests...new server....amazing content. Twice now the best F2P mmo out there. And twice you manage to wreck it. Astonishing O_o

EDIT: Simply from the announcement alone, gold on Sanc has jumped from 400k to a whopping 492k in a matter of minutes. Infact, I actually bought some 385k gold only yesterday.

hehe i was one of them who dump all my coins into gold when i heard ani packs are back :P 140 gold b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    Psytrac - Raging Tide Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    hehe i was one of them who dump all my coins into gold when i heard ani packs are back :P 140 gold b:dirty
    Xeian = 2k coins
    Psytrac = 0 spare ALL faction bank

yea.. I didn't have that option unfortunatly..
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

You have lots of virtual moneyz...I'm very impressed.

/sarcasm
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    No, the packs set up the perverse situation where you must buy them just to stay even. Because of the coin inflation they cause, if you don't buy them, the purchasing power of the coin you're sitting on decreases.

So even if you hate them, you have to buy them to keep up with the Joneses.
  • Anavere - Heavens Tear
    Anavere - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    What is so bad about anni packs? I'm new to the game so I've never encountered them before. The description on the item in the shop doesn't really say much.
  • Dark_kuma - Sanctuary
    Dark_kuma - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Why don't they just say they are a perminant fixture to the game? The point of them being there for the yearly anniversary has long since passed and now they appear to be all this game is about. Instead of doing instances for gear and skills, people just buy tokens and pack items. Infact at this rate I myself am finally considering buying some pack items, quitting and only coming on for TW, this games lost the point in doing it's end game instances to the full.

EDIT:

And for the ignorant idiot who thinks 90% of people love the packs and 10% hate, I'd say it's the other way around, it's not popular demand at all. Barely anyone QQ's when they are gone, if people cared THAT much they would post the moment they are removed, I don't think I've seen MASSES of people do that yet, I see MASSES of people complaining when they are put back in or taken out late.

I'd rather PWI was like the chinese server and made P2P, then event's like this wouldn't be so abused. But aw well, soon they will have to come out with a new expansion when they bring out Nirvana mats in packs and everyone has no need to do the new instances.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    What is so bad about anni packs? I'm new to the game so I've never encountered them before. The description on the item in the shop doesn't really say much.

Basically they either give 15 "tokens of luck" which you can trade for a massive variety of rare and hard to get items...or a small chance of getting pretty much every single piece of end-game and insanely rare high level gear. For the price of 1$. Thanks to the anniversary pack, with enough money and without putting in any work or real gameplay you can literally buy a level 100 character with the best equips in the game at max refinement.

As a side effect of this, it drastically drives up the demand for gold, pretty much more than doubling the price of any boutique item, including all fashion, mounts, charms, aerogear, refinement aids, legendary pets... and so on, making the only option for obtaining them to spend real life cash.

That's the general opinion of it anyway. Fortunately you can still play for fun easily enough without packs, but they still annoy the majority regardless. (We used to have a game where the economy was so stable almost anything in the boutique was affordable with ingame coin if you saved up enough)
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    They need to choose a direction. Either take the packs out and leave them out like they have repeatedly told us was going to happen, or just leave them in there and admit they are permanent.

At this point I think the deception and lies are making people much angrier than the packs themselves, as everytime we think they are over, they get shoved back in our faces.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Why don't they just say they are a perminant fixture to the game? The point of them being there for the yearly anniversary has long since passed and now they appear to be all this game is about. Instead of doing instances for gear and skills, people just buy tokens and pack items. Infact at this rate I myself am finally considering buying some pack items, quitting and only coming on for TW, this games lost the point in doing it's end game instances to the full.

EDIT:

And for the ignorant idiot who thinks 90% of people love the packs and 10% hate, I'd say it's the other way around, it's not popular demand at all. Barely anyone QQ's when they are gone, if people cared THAT much they would post the moment they are removed, I don't think I've seen MASSES of people do that yet, I see MASSES of people complaining when they are put back in or taken out late.

I'd rather PWI was like the chinese server and made P2P, then event's like this wouldn't be so abused. But aw well, soon they will have to come out with a new expansion when they bring out Nirvana mats in packs and everyone has no need to do the new instances.

Nirvana stuff is better then wat comes on packs (gears), but packs decreases the prices of shards, skill books, ulti subs, event pots nd a few more important stuffs... There is always a positive side of things, so lets not forget that :)
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    They need to choose a direction. Either take the packs out and leave them out like they have repeatedly told us was going to happen, or just leave them in there and admit they are permanent.
    I agree they would do less damage if they were permanent.Taking them out for 2-3 weeks then putting them back they are really taking us for fools and ignore what they do to players ingame.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I agree they would do less damage if they were permanent.Taking them out for 2-3 weeks then putting them back they are really taking us for fools and ignore what they do to players ingame.

However, if you know that, how can you be fooled? Only if you let yourself be fooled.... Just assume that the packs will be available for sale every 3-4 weeks and you are set. No difference.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • DollParts - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Nirvana stuff is better then wat comes on packs (gears), but packs decreases the prices of shards, skill books, ulti subs, event pots nd a few more important stuffs... There is always a positive side of things, so lets not forget that :)

untill nirvana packs right?

for alot of the casual CSer/non-payers, items that are sold threw the anni packs used to be a good chunk of their ingame income.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    However, if you know that, how can you be fooled? Only if you let yourself be fooled.... Just assume that the packs will be available for sale every 3-4 weeks and you are set. No difference.
    It's not about getting fooled.I was raising money to buy wildfire wings that a few hours before the packs were about 5.5 mils on average after ppl are selling for 8 mils.There's not much one can do about it.
  • DollParts - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options

where does it say 90%? i must read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    However, if you know that, how can you be fooled? Only if you let yourself be fooled.... Just assume that the packs will be available for sale every 3-4 weeks and you are set.
    Because anniversary packs come from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not assume the packs will be on sale every 3-4 weeks.

But you must have suspected I would have known the packs' origin, so I can clearly not assume the packs will not be on sale every 3-4 weeks.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Because anniversary packs come from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not assume the packs will be on sale every 3-4 weeks.

But you must have suspected I would have known the packs' origin, so I can clearly not assume the packs will not be on sale every 3-4 weeks.

I b:chuckle'd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • BlindApathy - Lost City
    BlindApathy - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Forget the Anni packs just change the new packs to give tokens! Or just put tokens in with the Socket Stones 15 for a Dolla lets go GM's! b:chuckle We want cheap shards b:sad
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I honestly can say I HATE THEM with a passion o.o

Look at nifty sig i made O.o

Very nice, much better than the one I made, mainly because I don't know how to make animated ones.
  • Igetyouwet - Dreamweaver
    Igetyouwet - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    im in a better mood
  • _azure_ - Sanctuary
    _azure_ - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    wait what's this now, 4th or 5th time they've brought em back? Geez can the devs try not be anymore pathetic then now? Give em time, im sure they'll work on it.

I've actually being keeping tabs on when they would eventually come bk, since they were removed near enough the 1st week or so of december, pls correct me on this as I've forgotten the offical date. BUT since they were removed a minority of players have asked to have them back because of all these other packs which hold huge amounts of **** thats completely worthless and from the minority of complaints I saw on the forum, ppl complained about the new packs because even with all the useless ****, ppl still prefered the tokens you get from anni packs.

Unfortunetly in a dev's mind, packs= cash for them and I'm guessing because of the ultimate fail of all their other new packs, the only way they can have a nice amount of cash is by bringing back the dreaded anni packs AGAIN.

Look like the majority of the playerbase I agree that those things should have never come bk but lets face it, the devs are cash hungry and idiots and will NEVER listen to the player base because they really dont give a rats **** about us or the fact they've killed everything about the game concerning on working for our armours and weapons, it's a business after all and they'll put whatevers on offer to get a paycheck.

Simple solution: Just don't buy em, stick 2 fingers up to the devs and don't buy em. It's either that or quit and find another game. We can complain, ragequit, shout from the bloody heavens but devs who say they will listen will eventually go bk on their word and the process repeats itself.

In the end there will come a time when maybe PWI won't have a playerbase and a lot of serious negativity who knows? But as long as they continue to kill the game for ppl who want to work for what they earn, it's headin that way.

Just don't buy them, end of, that's all
  • Reno - Harshlands
    Reno - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

definitely, i know many people that have left and say, ill come back when anni packs are gone. it seems with all this uncertainty that they keep throwing at us there losing more players than they would if they jst admit that they...dare i say...permanent....b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I think anniversary packs are a pritty cool guy, eh raeps the economy, gives cs'ers endgame gear previously unobtainable, levels from oracles to noobs who cant be assed to grind and doesnt afraid of anything.
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions