The Return of Anniversary Pack Discussion Thread

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I love when stuff like this happens and suddenly everyone is an economist b:chuckle

I am not an economist, but I stayed at the Holiday Inn last night and I switched my insurance to Geico.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I am not an economist, but I stayed at the Holiday Inn last night and I switched my insurance to Geico.

OMG, this was perfect. Bonus points for you b:victory
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited December 2009

ROFL!!!

That was awesome. xD
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Narin_ - Sanctuary
    Narin_ - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You people are talking like idiots. You CHOOSE TO PLAY THIS GAME. Stop complaining. You want the gold prices FIXED? Stop BUYING it.

And NEWBIE mat prices are upped because of the TIDEBORN not outrageous gold prices, although due to gold prices they aren't capped like they used to be.

You have no right to demand refunds. You spent it willingly and didn't realize that eventually, by buying the product like the addiction it seems to be, the seller would want more money. Demand a refund? TOO BAD. Buy something that's actually WORTH something, invest it.

I, for one, don't appreciate the heightened gold prices, but gold prices don't really matter. The methods for making money are still the same. Hell, the anni packs make some people MORE money. *is unlucky in opening packs but appreciates the tokens immensely* You want mats? Go TT. Go farm them. The current prices are what people who spend the time farming deserve. And if you want to spend money on the game, GO AHEAD. Reach game-end faster and get bored, then quit and give me your stuff. b:pleased
    Go spend money, open a couple packs, sell me some tokens, so I can get cheap MP foods and Citrine shards, and them sell them for a profit later. b:laugh
  • Tidelord - Dreamweaver_1386746192
    edited December 2009
    ulrejaz85 wrote: »
    People buying gold at those sky high prices are idiots.

If buyers all band together and set gold at a low buying price, gold sellers (people who are too lazy to grind or farm mats for their coins) will no choice but to sell gold at low price.

Gold sellers need the coins, gold buyer have the coins... DO THE FREAKING MATH!!!

SO STOP COMPLAINING THAT GOLD IS TOO EXPENSIVE!!!!

that is all...b:bye

Acutally gold is stable, the auction prices aren't.
    Buyers band together? Funny...but wake up.
    And I buy gold cuz I don't go to school anymore, I work, I'm stressed at the end of the day and IF I then decide to play the game, I want to relax. Which grinding won't do...
    I'm not a pure oracle user, I detest that. But I use oracles, and not afraid to admit it b:victory
  • Nicolaya - Heavens Tear
    Nicolaya - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I don't know, if the anni. packs are enough to make like... alot of players quit PWI then maybe they would give up on the idea until the next anni. Of course we all know thats not going to happen, so complaining about the anni. packs is basicly pointless. We just have to deal with it and move on b:cute
  • Lucas_sxc - Harshlands
    Lucas_sxc - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:cry Ani packs are boring, DONT bring them back please!
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009

Yeah like... couldn't they give us a Christmas event instead o.o

I mean since we've had the anni packs soooo long and all xD

Or call them Christmas packs instead of anni packs <.< just saying since they insist on bringing them back and all...
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Too late, it's already done. Enjoy the fail.
  • Darcwolf - Lost City
    Darcwolf - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Im happy they are bringing back tokens.... not packs really. At level 99 I cant even find the barb buff book, tokens gives me a way to get that. Plus any 99+ knows how hard it is to get the armor b:angry

Tokens let you get chips, and chips let you get the gold mats....... By the way I wont buy 1 pack, I will let other suckers do it, then buy and sell tokens b:chuckle
    edited December 2009

Or call them Christmas packs instead of anni packs <.< just saying since they insist on bringing them back and all...

Yah if they would call them that, NOBODY would complain....(sarcasm btw)
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009

I would lol if they called them christmas packs and gave them a 10% chance of containing coal.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Yah if they would call them that, NOBODY would complain....(sarcasm btw)

Lol that's why I said "since they insist on bringing them back"

I know what you mean though.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lucas_sxc - Harshlands
    Lucas_sxc - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2009

-.- it shouldn't be on pwi for so long wasn't it supose to be cause pwi was 1 yr old?
  • kikirani
    kikirani Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You people are talking like idiots. You CHOOSE TO PLAY THIS GAME. Stop complaining. You want the gold prices FIXED? Stop BUYING it.

And NEWBIE mat prices are upped because of the TIDEBORN not outrageous gold prices, although due to gold prices they aren't capped like they used to be.

You have no right to demand refunds. You spent it willingly and didn't realize that eventually, by buying the product like the addiction it seems to be, the seller would want more money. Demand a refund? TOO BAD. Buy something that's actually WORTH something, invest it.

I, for one, don't appreciate the heightened gold prices, but gold prices don't really matter. The methods for making money are still the same. Hell, the anni packs make some people MORE money. *is unlucky in opening packs but appreciates the tokens immensely* You want mats? Go TT. Go farm them. The current prices are what people who spend the time farming deserve. And if you want to spend money on the game, GO AHEAD. Reach game-end faster and get bored, then quit and give me your stuff. b:pleased
    Go spend money, open a couple packs, sell me some tokens, so I can get cheap MP foods and Citrine shards, and them sell them for a profit later. b:laugh

Yes but if you don't want to give them to her you can give them to me instead lol.
    Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. --- Helen Keller

"For the people who love to complain, whine, cry, and moan over every little detail of their life. Build a bridge and get over it. Or I'll push you in the river you made."

Epic Failure--To the Avatar that won't show.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    kikirani wrote: »
    There are oracle's in the boutique. All people would have to do is buy them and spend 3-4 days to get to level 80.

I have a wonderful idea. They can quit spending oracles and offer lvl 90 and 100 characters for sale in the boutique for 500 gold. Its much easier than standing in line for oracles anyways. No, seriously. This would really work for the people who like the easy way out!
    kikirani wrote: »
    I don't think they do a refund anyway

If a court of law deems that PWI has indeed used a bait and switch tactic, then yes.. they will do refunds.

How many times have they told us they were taking them out for good? Yet, they are back. Idk.. just sayin.

I got lost.. I did not read it all too much **** there. But some of us have invested a year of our time playing. Some of us have invested real life money. Some of us have invested the extra 10lbs we gained from sitting here eating a midnight snack waiting for maintenance to finish.

We earned the right to complain, thats what a forum is for incase you didn't know that. Its here so that the community may talk and express its concerns and excitement about the game. And I can't quite figure out why you say WE'RE talking like idiots. You are in the same thread on the same forum.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    -.- it shouldn't be on pwi for so long wasn't it supose to be cause pwi was 1 yr old?

mmmhmmm. That's why I said switch the names... although i still don't get why bring them back when the rest of the packs offer just about the same things~!

And I like the coal idea. Kudos!
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Echelon - Heavens Tear
    Echelon - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I can't wait for Warsoul weapons to come in packs b:victory

God Imagine Gold prices then.......b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shelle - Lost City
    Shelle - Lost City Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I dont mind the packs i never have used them. But i will when its time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Forsakenx
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Oh and you guys know they came out with a new Event right... lucky winners get 5 levels <.<;

How's that for Merry Christmas? LOL. One contest I will not take part in but wish all well those that do.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Korsov - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009

PWI's christmas gift should be to give everyone a no lvl req warsoul wep for a day.
    edited December 2009

I don't think they will do that, becuz that will affect other boutiqe items, and would probably be a loss for them in the long run. No matter what price u can ask for Warsoul, it's still not going to be the same as what u need to pay for making them.

So don't worry 'bout that, won't happen.
  • Shelle - Lost City
    Shelle - Lost City Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Holy ****, this thread is on page 32 and no sign of that magic hamster b:shocked

It's his ebil plan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Forsakenx
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Lol that's why I said "since they insist on bringing them back"

I know what you mean though.

At your request, the packs formaly known as Anniversary packs will now be known as AnyPacks. The pack that can come out at ANY time.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • EternalSiege - Dreamweaver
    EternalSiege - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have a wonderful idea. They can quit spending oracles and offer lvl 90 and 100 characters for sale in the boutique for 500 gold. Its much easier than standing in line for oracles anyways. No, seriously. This would really work for the people who like the easy way out!

If a court of law deems that PWI has indeed used a bait and switch tactic, then yes.. they will do refunds.

How many times have they told us they were taking them out for good? Yet, they are back. Idk.. just sayin.

I got lost.. I did not read it all too much **** there. But some of us have invested a year of our time playing. Some of us have invested real life money. Some of us have invested the extra 10lbs we gained from sitting here eating a midnight snack waiting for maintenance to finish.

We earned the right to complain, thats what a forum is for incase you didn't know that. Its here so that the community may talk and express its concerns and excitement about the game. And I can't quite figure out why you say WE'RE talking like idiots. You are in the same thread on the same forum.

When you give people the power to be anonymous they become all brave and Mr./Ms. Tough Guy and throw around the word idiot and QQ even when there's no real need for it.
  • kikirani
    edited December 2009

Don't give them ideas b:avoid
    Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. --- Helen Keller

"For the people who love to complain, whine, cry, and moan over every little detail of their life. Build a bridge and get over it. Or I'll push you in the river you made."

• Korsov - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Well they do offer them for 500 gold on the private server I used to play xD

but then again.. on that server it was 40k gold ALL the time and gold replenished itself for us :P

But that was the past T.T

If there was ever a good place to admit playing a private server, it's in a 30+ page QQ thread that will never be read b:chuckle
  • kikirani
    edited December 2009
    When you give people the power to be anonymous they become all brave and Mr./Ms. Tough Guy and throw around the word idiot and QQ even when there's no real need for it.

And give entertainment for people who browse the forums.

• _River - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    At your request, the packs formaly known as Anniversary packs will now be known as AnyPacks. The pack that can come out at ANY time.

OhNoes!!! The AnyPack!! *dies* So that means they are ALL seasons in one!! Dx whatever shall I doooooo????

Go on as normal :P I've seen both sides of the argument so I'm just gonna go with the flow. I may not like it, but eh, I know I don't have to participate and money makes the PWE world go round.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• somnium
    somnium Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009

b:cry *agrees*

And to those people griping about my griping and telling ME to get a life... lmfao.

I DO want a refund. I willingly spent my money but the parameters changed. It's like paying for a service, right? Well.. not really.

It's like putting money into a charity because the charity means something to you, but then you realize the charity was **** you and lying about what they were gonna do with their money. This SEEMED like a good thing to support with my spare change fund, but it LIED TO ME.

It told me it would feed hungry afghani children but it only fed its own fat face.

I mean.. I thought it was more stable when I -started- putting nickles and dimes in... but then when it added up to hundreds and got all **** I realized it wasn't the organization it looked like it was going to be when it was young. Therefore, no more money for you, fatty.

Go on a damn diet.

I like the money sinks idea actually. It's true there is a lot of benefit with the anni packs but the inflation is outta hand. More money sinks might level out the playing field.

Maybe Archosaur should have "Anni pack buyer eating monsters" that only roam arch and pilfer stuff from your inv if it contains and anni pack and gives it to people who don't/never have. b:laugh