The Return of Anniversary Pack Discussion Thread

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    No one got banned. Other mmorpg names listed in this thread have not been removed. I honestly don't think a GM is monitoring this thread at all.

Do you really think it is even worth it for anyone to read this thread? Is anyone posting any "new" information?
    Lots of the people posting here and saying they are will ragequit or just complain about the packs are pretty much the same ones that have posted about it the last 3 times packs were out.

Meanwhile, people are buying packs like hot cakes. (or things that come from packs, like subs, teles, shards, etc). Which in turn makes it very attractive for the company to keep bringing out the Anypacks.

When they released all the other types of packs, lots of peole were complaining about them, since no other packs gives tokens as "consolation" prizes. Tokens are extremely useful, and people will buy the tokens or the things the tokens can be exchanged for, therefore perpetuating the cycle.

So I think we might as well get used to have the Anypacks make an appearance on a very regular basis, since they are indeed popular, and they sell alot....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You all do realize that there are PLENTY of organizations (and the like) that celebrate Anniversaries/Birthdays/etc for longer then a day right?

Examples -->

Disney (ALL THE TIME...EVERY YEAR IS A YEARLY CELEBRATION....this is one example)

Harvard

Other on-line games with Year long Activities (can't name names sry)

San Fransisco Museum of Modern Art (<3 Epic Museum...really its awesome)

Simpsons

ANYWAYS...I am just saying...you do not have to look at the Boxes in the Boutique....You do not have to purchase them....they are hear and you will survive b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    They might as well rename them to "Ultimate Packs" (or something like that) and make it a permanent boutique item. We were told they would be removed for good the last time and they obviously lied. I believe it's only a matter of time before it does become permanent.
  • DollParts - Sanctuary
    DollParts - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ANYWAYS...I am just saying...you do not have to look at the Boxes in the Boutique....You do not have to purchase them....they are hear and you will survive b:surrender

of course we dont.

however.. everything i started farming for before the first anni pack, is now worth next to nothing.
    Whats worse for me, is some items that i did purchase with gold arent even being sold ingame at the current price of gold .. so even if i wanted to sell say... a clothing item worth 1 gold, its being sold for half of the price of gold...so yea.. fun times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    of course we dont.

however.. everything i started farming for before the first anni pack, is now worth next to nothing.
    Whats worse for me, is some items that i did purchase with gold arent even being sold ingame at the current price of gold .. so even if i wanted to sell say... a clothing item worth 1 gold, its being sold for half of the price of gold...so yea.. fun times.

<
    View level

You do not think that many of us at the higher levels were farming for months for what we have? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Darksmiley - Heavens Tear
    Darksmiley - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    <
    View level

You do not think that many of us at the higher levels were farming for months for what we have? b:surrender

agreed O.o
    Darksmiley - A.K.A PWI's old ****

A look at my time: Chaosgods-->Lostsoulz-->Titans-->Triad-->(break from pwi)-->Caesar-->(break from pwi)-->Hikary-->Titans -.-
    I don't TW atm b:surrender

Shoulda rolled a PVP server -.-
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    <
    View level

Of course you were. You had a right to be moderately upset with the first outcoming of the packs. However; I think everyone at this point OTHER THAN cash shoppers are disgusted with how the game keeps getting ripped apart. The economy is suffering in game for no reason. Its due to the greed of a wealthy corporation.

If it wasn't for the bh/treasure hunt/whatever is next quests, mats wouldn't hardly even sell anymore. They cost so much now its rediculous. And why did price of them go up? They are still free to mine in game (at least at this point).

I've said for months no matter what I'd stay because this is after all free to play. However; the point has got to where if you'd like to play after lvl 60 you MUST buy a cash shop item (charm) or most squads don't want you. Therefore, it is no longer free to play.

I quit spending my bulk of money on this game after the first anni packs came out. Now I'm done all together.
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    Psytrac - Raging Tide Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    <
    View level

even some of the rest of us are farming for months... for what we have (67 veno, not my 29 psy)
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    <
    View level

+1

That's really the crappiest part of this. I know MMOs are supposed to be easier for people who come in later, but that's supposed to be due to other things, not the fact that the ease comes from how big your wallet is.
    edited December 2009
    +1

That's really the crappiest part of this. I know MMOs are supposed to be easier for people who come in later, but that's supposed to be due to other things, not the fact that the ease comes from how big your wallet is.

yah, we all know that the most popular MMO in the world or that new one have no way for players to buy their way to max level with top tier level... right... they have.... if you are willing to pay RL money you can have someone level your character for you.. and buy gold... and any possible item in game....

All MMOs are the same, the difference with PWI is they figured out a way to remove the middlemen from the gold buying/selling and powerleveling, and keep all the RL money in PWI, instead of making some coin farmer/character seller filthy rich by selling coins or leveled characters to players for RL money outisde the game.

Have you noticed as, for a really popular game like ours, we are devoid of gold seller bots????
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    I've said for months no matter what I'd stay because this is after all free to play. However; the point has got to where if you'd like to play after lvl 60 you MUST buy a cash shop item (charm) or most squads don't want you. Therefore, it is no longer free to play.
    <never bought a charm

and I never will. squads will have to accept that, or I'll go where I can be acceptedas a goodpsy/veno/wiz without one.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    even some of the rest of us are farming for months... for what we have (67 veno, not my 29 psy)

Not saying no one else did, but some of the higher level instances (ie - Lunar) has dumb drop rates and then to have rings and the like "given" out with other end-game gear affected higher levels mostly. I was not affected all that much but some people I know farmed Lunar for months and then got hit in the face with being able to "buy" the time(s).
    Of course you were. You had a right to be moderately upset with the first outcoming of the packs. However; I think everyone at this point OTHER THAN cash shoppers are disgusted with how the game keeps getting ripped apart. The economy is suffering in game for no reason. Its due to the greed of a wealthy corporation.

If it wasn't for the bh/treasure hunt/whatever is next quests, mats wouldn't hardly even sell anymore. They cost so much now its rediculous. And why did price of them go up? They are still free to mine in game (at least at this point).

I quit spending my bulk of money on this game after the first anni packs came out. Now I'm done all together.

I never said I was not upset. First it was exciting, then it became annoying, now it is just there.

People can complain, but it is not like they have to buy the packs. People can still farm if they choose.

The one main issue for many (more at en-game) is what is there left to do? We could farm for the items or we could use irl/in-game coin to gamble for the item or we could do nothing.

I am at the point now where I am indifferent to the packs all together. However, I do like the tokens b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Xprestigex - Harshlands
    Xprestigex - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ive been in harshlands as long as it came out, never felt like quiting, but now i do, these aniv packs are just getting stupid, im going to start my search for a new game and if i can find one better, bye bye pwi

Edit: if anyone knows any free games that would work please pm me :D, ive been thinking about darkfall but i hate paying to play a game, but ive been watching that game way before it came out, any other games out there that are good? pm me your answers, gms don't like game names
    Our GMs, which art invisible,
    Hallowed be thy Alma,
    Thy kingdom come, thy will be done in godless valley,
    As it is in fb29.
    Give us this day our daily quest.
    And forgive us our banning,
    As we forgive those who ban us.
    And lead us not into random pk,
    But deliver us from Hell
    For yours is the Perfect World, the power and the glory,
    Untill the server crashes
    Amen.b:thanks
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    ive been in harshlands as long as it came out, never felt like quiting, but now i do, these aniv packs are just getting stupid, im going to start my search for a new game and if i can find one better, bye bye pwi

Bye bye b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I want to thank everyone who has tried to stay civil in this thread. I can't really express enough how much I appreciate it. As long as things stay civil I'm going to keep this thread open. I'm going to go through the thread now, I hope I'm not forced to ban too many people, it's not really the highlight of my day. b:surrender
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I want to thank everyone who has tried to stay civil in this thread. I can't really express enough how much I appreciate it. As long as things stay civil I'm going to keep this thread open. I'm going to go through the thread now, I hope I'm not forced to ban too many people, it's not really the highlight of my day. b:surrender

Better pack a lunch and put some coffee on. You're gonna be here awhile.
    edited December 2009

Have fun spoon man!

and if you need a pick me up....

i recommend java chillers from sonic.. those things are delicious.

A look at my time: Chaosgods-->Lostsoulz-->Titans-->Triad-->(break from pwi)-->Caesar-->(break from pwi)-->Hikary-->Titans -.-

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Have fun spoon man!

and if you need a pick me up....

i recommend java chillers from sonic.. those things are delicious.

We haz no sonic
    edited December 2009

Edit: if anyone knows any free games that would work please pm me :D, ive been thinking about darkfall but i hate paying to play a game, but ive been watching that game way before it came out, any other games out there that are good? pm me your answers, gms don't like game names

Good luck finding a MMO where RL money does not trump all... even in P2P games RL money rules everything, since it lets you have multiple accounts, or just buy gold or just pay someone to level up your character..... You will also find gold bots are the norm in pretty much all MMOs, except for PWI.

So, the only thing I can tell you is good luck on your search, and have fun.

PS- Maybe you should look into FPS, they do not tend to be so much CS heavy, although you will have to deal with hackers and auto-aim programs.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Agreed...ugh...today's just been...

...it's gotten to the point where I don't even feel like trolling today.

So, somewhat-serious time. When Anni Packs first came out, I felt horrible. I felt like all of my work and dedication and love for this game...just went out the window, and relied solely on how much I was willing to spend to gamble on Anni Packs. I did...and I lost. Nothing but tokens. So I took the tokens, spent them on Oracles, leveled up to 89, got a squad together, became a Sage...then quit. That was my goal, and I reached it. I got Sage, and I got Sage Pyrogram, Gush, and Stone Rain. To me, I had beaten the game, and I was happy, so there was no more need to play it.

...and so I moved on to another MMO...that infamous one that was getting some free publicity from QQ'ers in PWI. It was my first P2P...and it was amazing. I loved every second of playing it...and even though it was the beta, I knew it was going to be even more of a blast come the actual launch...I preordered it, got the extra-special package...and waited.

But it seemed that Nature had intended a different path for me. On the day the game was scheduled to launch...my laptop died. The hard drive fried, and it was all gone. My parents gave me a new laptop, but this one didn't have the ability to play said P2P MMO. I was crushed. I know it seems a little...nuts...but to me, I kinda need to have some MMO to lean on right now in my life. I don't have much of a release emotionally...busy with school, work, family issues...but whatever; that's my business, and I'll deal with it. At least in MMO's, I can create my own character, make him look just like me and put myself into the game...and just let it all go from there.

THAT'S what I play these games for. Not to be the best, or have the best gear, or be the richest...but to have fun, and relax. Every now and again, I'll visit some of the home cities here and just role-play for a good hour or so. Some people think I'm nuts for doing that...but it makes me happy. And trust me, if I didn't have that, I'd probably be long gone by now.

Now I'm back here at PWI, and once again, Anni Packs have returned. But I honestly could care less. Yes, I still feel a tinge of envy to those who get lucky and get the amazing gear...but to each their own. I'll stick with my new shiny TT90 gear (that I pretty much got all on my own), and my awesome weapon...and just play the game that I want to play it...as a release.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
    edited December 2009
    We haz no sonic

oh too bad....

oh and spoons.. your sig is busted

nm.. he fixed it now

• Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    PS- Maybe you should look into FPS, they do not tend to be so much CS heavy, although you will have to deal with hackers and auto-aim programs.
    I tend to beat those bots, it's standby that pisses me off (read up on HALO 2 standby)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Well said!!!
    Agreed...ugh...today's just been...

...it's gotten to the point where I don't even feel like trolling today.

So, somewhat-serious time. When Anni Packs first came out, I felt horrible. I felt like all of my work and dedication and love for this game...just went out the window, and relied solely on how much I was willing to spend to gamble on Anni Packs. I did...and I lost. Nothing but tokens. So I took the tokens, spent them on Oracles, leveled up to 89, got a squad together, became a Sage...then quit. That was my goal, and I reached it. I got Sage, and I got Sage Pyrogram, Gush, and Stone Rain. To me, I had beaten the game, and I was happy, so there was no more need to play it.

...and so I moved on to another MMO...that infamous one that was getting some free publicity from QQ'ers in PWI. It was my first P2P...and it was amazing. I loved every second of playing it...and even though it was the beta, I knew it was going to be even more of a blast come the actual launch...I preordered it, got the extra-special package...and waited.

But it seemed that Nature had intended a different path for me. On the day the game was scheduled to launch...my laptop died. The hard drive fried, and it was all gone. My parents gave me a new laptop, but this one didn't have the ability to play said P2P MMO. I was crushed. I know it seems a little...nuts...but to me, I kinda need to have some MMO to lean on right now in my life. I don't have much of a release emotionally...busy with school, work, family issues...but whatever; that's my business, and I'll deal with it. At least in MMO's, I can create my own character, make him look just like me and put myself into the game...and just let it all go from there.

THAT'S what I play these games for. Not to be the best, or have the best gear, or be the richest...but to have fun, and relax. Every now and again, I'll visit some of the home cities here and just role-play for a good hour or so. Some people think I'm nuts for doing that...but it makes me happy. And trust me, if I didn't have that, I'd probably be long gone by now.

Now I'm back here at PWI, and once again, Anni Packs have returned. But I honestly could care less. Yes, I still feel a tinge of envy to those who get lucky and get the amazing gear...but to each their own. I'll stick with my new shiny TT90 gear (that I pretty much got all on my own), and my awesome weapon...and just play the game that I want to play it...as a release.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited December 2009
    Well said!!!

b:cute

Thanks...this troll can have a heart, too, y'know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • DollParts - Sanctuary
    DollParts - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    o o o.. i know some games that are still balanced between cash shopers and free players. However, you dont get the luxury of leveling without grinding. (cant say them here tho)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    b:cute

Thanks...this troll can have a heart, too, y'know.

b:cute Yes, yes....I know. Good to see it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited December 2009
    b:cute Yes, yes....I know. Good to see it!

b:victory

b:heart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Xprestigex - Harshlands
    Xprestigex - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Good luck finding a MMO where RL money does not trump all... even in P2P games RL money rules everything, since it lets you have multiple accounts, or just buy gold or just pay someone to level up your character..... You will also find gold bots are the norm in pretty much all MMOs, except for PWI.

So, the only thing I can tell you is good luck on your search, and have fun.

i did play a fps for about a year, but they get old after a while, its just doing the same thing over and over again, and i don't care to much about money ruleing everything its just very annoying having the anni packs back and im tired of pwi trying to suck every penny out, i know that other games try to do that too but pwi seems to go to the extreams, i want a new game that i can have fun with, and not have to deal with a cs that sells every item in the game, but ill end my talking in this thread so spoons dosn't close it...
    Our GMs, which art invisible,
    Hallowed be thy Alma,
    Thy kingdom come, thy will be done in godless valley,
    As it is in fb29.
    Give us this day our daily quest.
    And forgive us our banning,
    As we forgive those who ban us.
    And lead us not into random pk,
    But deliver us from Hell
    For yours is the Perfect World, the power and the glory,
    Untill the server crashes
    Amen.b:thanks
    edited December 2009
    i did play a fps for about a year, but they get old after a while, its just doing the same thing over and over again, and i don't care to much about money ruleing everything its just very annoying having the anni packs back and im tired of pwi trying to suck every penny out, i know that other games try to do that too but pwi seems to go to the extreams, i want a new game that i can have fun with, and not have to deal with a cs that sells every item in the game, but ill end my talking in this thread so spoons dosn't close it...

Good luck on your searches and have fun. After all that is why we all play these games, to have fun.
  • Eremedy - Dreamweaver
    Eremedy - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I knew it!

My problem - Not directly interested in the packs, tho I did enjoy the mp food I could buy. I was pissed on the shards first, because I bought my sets for new gear a week before the packs came, so I could have bought a level higher gems in there... Yeah, my own problem.

In the new server - there is NOTHING in the packs I could directly use in the next 6 months.

I was thinking about grinding some coin and getting some faster wings and inventory stones... But I guess I can forget that aswell for the next 6 months (until I'll be able to reach the level of coin-earning in-game).

Generally I'm tired of this... Because there is no possible way I actually could charge zen. I honestly would - for the airgear, stones and a few charms maybe to help me go around.

I must have left in september (I was pissed on the gems & wanted to try another game out, but it sucked). I came back 2 months later. Ironically enought right about that time the anni packs were on sale again. I didn't care about it then anymore - the gold price was too high for me already and I thought to take it easy. It referring to the game.

Now with the new server I thought I could take it as a "new game". Planned to do it easy, ignoring the oracle racers and their TW... Still don't see what people would do with the packs there - cash-shoppers and oracle-men are another category, of course. I guess they will stack them and use and sell them once they see it has a good market for the non-cash players (which means, once they start to reach the higher levels, which will surely take 2-3 months at least (and I'm talking about WITHOUT oracling))

Guess, in a sense, regards to the new server, there's an even better time for the packs to come back - the Valentine's Day e.g :)

Also, another thing I realized when they were around for the first time... With the gold price rising, a lot of people who hadn't payed for it before must have done so now. I'm sure, anyone, who had the chance (owning a credit card etc), did just so. I would have done so, only because I needed some stuff like GAs and Charms, Extentsions etc, but not owning a credcard... See?

And for the last but not least, for the new server, for who will win in TW - factions where there are most cash shoppers. Otherwise they will even have trouble with getting to lvl 2 :)
    I couldn't see myself leading a faction without being a cashshopper. Well, I would, but it definately wouldn't be much help in TW.

I'm on vacation now - can't play, but I guess I see you IG on Saturday or some time after.

PS. I'm not mad or pissed, I'm even ideally relaxed and fine - for all you pissed people out there - take it easy, relax, eat some chicken or carrots and you too will realise, that everything is really OK!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]