PREVIEW: Palace of Nirvana gear!

Options
eatwithspoons
eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
PoN_Gear.jpg

Recasting System

Introduction

The Rising Tide Expansion brings with it a new dungeon called the Palace of Nirvana. Through this dungeon, players will gain access to a new tier of gear/equipment. As players battle the many bosses that inhabit the Palace of Nirvana they will attain various materials that can be used to “recast” your existing weapons, armor, and materials.

Recasting is an ancient Tideborn method for upgrading equipment. It allows individuals to upgrade their existing gear into new gear, while still maintaining their original attributes, refinement level, and sockets. Essentially through the use of this system, players can take their existing high level equipment, and transform it into Palace of Nirvana gear, and without losing any of the hard work they’ve already invested into their gear. This process of course requires certain materials. Recasting your equipment without these materials will still upgrade your equipment to Palace of Nirvana gear, just without any of your existing attributes/refinement level/sockets.

How does Recasting work?

1) Original Equipment
Not just any piece of equipment can be recast into Palace of Nirvana gear. Only the highest quality equipment is capable of being transformed through this system.

The following are capable of being recast:
Level 90 – Twilight Temple – Headgear and Robes
Level 95 – Lunar Glade – Armor and Weapons
Level 99 – Twilight Temple – Armor and Weapons
Level 100 – Twilight Temple - Weapons

2) Materials Required
The amount of materials required to recast a piece of equipment is determined by its current status. What is the current refinement level? How many sockets does it have? How good are the stones that rest within the item’s sockets? All these factors determine how much material is required to recast that particular piece of equipment.

3) Recasting/Transformation
Any piece of equipment that is recast will be transformed into a Palace of Nirvana piece of equipment within the same “family”. For example, Dual Axes are part of the Axe & Hammer family. If a player recasts the Lunar Glade Dual Axes, they will transform into a Poleaxe, Polehammer, Dual Axes, or Dual Hammers.

Lunar Glade gear and Twilight Temple gear will transform into two completely different sets of Palace of Nirvana gear, each with their own unique look. Lunar Glade equipment will have a more heavenly look to them, while Twilight Temple gear will have a darker feel and theme.

In terms of statistical differences, weapons will have no difference other than appearance, but this is not the case for armor. Recast Lunar Glade armor will have higher base defense. Recast Twilight Temple armor will have a new stat that increases armor by a percentage instead of a flat value.
Lastly, both Palace of Nirvana armor sets will have set bonuses. As you attain more and more pieces of each set, you will unlock Attack Level bonuses, up to Attack Level 10. This will effectively increase your damage output by 10%.

4) Upgrade Stats
After you’ve attained your Palace of Nirvana gear, you have the ability to upgrade its stats. Palace of Nirvana gear can have two random additional attributes, one major and one minor. Major attributes are associated with equipment types, while minor attributes are completely random. Players can “re-roll” the two additional attributes until they find statistics that meet their needs.

Where do I go to get started?

The materials required for the recasting process are attained through the completion of boss encounters within the Palace of Nirvana. Players can only enter the Palace of Nirvana a certain number of times per day. Three entrances are granted for free, another entrance granted via a quest, and finally a fifth entrance per day is granted via the Bounty Hunter.

Q: What is the level requisite to enter the Palace of Nirvana? How many times can I enter per day?
A: The requisite level to enter the Palace of Nirvana is 100. You are granted three entrances per day, but players can trade their Bounty Hunter and Crazy Stone quests for another two chances of the Palace of Nirvana entrances.

Q: Will it transform randomly? What if I like having duel axes because it looks cool and it transforms into a poleaxe instead?
A: The transformation is not random; you can pick whichever item you want, just as long as they are in the same category/family.

Q: Once I recast an item, can I ever revert it back? Will the items be bound to my character? Can I trade materials/items?
A: No, recast items can never be reverted back. If you are recasting a piece of gear that is bound, it will continue to be bound to your character after it is upgraded. Materials from Palace of Nirvana will be tradable.

Q: In addition to upgrading gears, will you be able to obtain new gear without having the pre-existing gear?
A: No, upgrading existing gear is the only way to attain Palace of Nirvana gear.

Q: Will new gear drop in the instance or will the drops only be materials used to upgrade?
A: The drops in Palace of Nirvana will be similar to the current Twilight Temple drops. You’ll be receiving materials as well as other gems.

Q: What does it cost to “re-roll” for new stats?
A: The materials used for upgrading Palace of Nirvana gear are found within the Palace of Nirvana.

Q: When a player recasts their equipment into Palace of Nirvana gear, is it given a minor and major statistic by default, or does a player need to upgrade it again before receiving these random stats?
A: No, the player must first recast their gear into Palace of Nirvana gear. After the transformation is complete, they can then upgrade the equipment in order to receive a major and minor statistic. Re-rolling the major and minor statistics will require substantially less materials.
Post edited by eatwithspoons on

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hmm..... interesting.

No OHT gear =(

EDIT: Oh, I think I get it now. Never mind.
  • HikaruXI - Dreamweaver
    HikaruXI - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    hmm agreed

not to fond of the new gear but dungeon seems interesting but thats just me
    I'm a Guy watch it

~It doesn't matter if I am fighting alone or not, I will always fight for those who need me"~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MaeDawn - Sanctuary
    MaeDawn - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I actually think this is kinda nice.
    Especially since I'll be sticking with TT weapons
    and the more "darker/demonic" feel to my weapon
    will be a nice effect since I'll be going demon
    b:pleased not gonna lie, I'm excited for this part.
  • poverty
    poverty Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    interesting
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    wrote:
    Only the highest quality equipment is capable of being transformed through this system.

but Lunar glade lvl100 weps cant be upgraded

you make me laugh but once again you have fked me over, thanks a bunch pwi.. thanks so frikin much!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Q: What is the level requisite to enter the Palace of Nirvana? How many times can I enter per day?
    A: The requisite level to enter the Palace of Nirvana is 100.
    Great, that kicks 3/4 pple off my flist b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    level 100 requisite to enter??!!

things will be expensive
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Interesting, I'm gonna love this

Level 100 requirement? b:cry

Time to level up as fast as possible b:dirty
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Perfect!!!!

All level 100's is not hard to do!!

I cannot wait b:dirtyb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    but Lunar glade lvl100 weps cant be upgraded

you make me laugh but once again you have fked me over, thanks a bunch pwi.. thanks so frikin much!
    36 minutes between cool new feature and QQing about said new feature.

That's probably not even close to the record, but a good effort nonetheless!b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hmmmm level 100 to enter (not sure if that high is good or bad idea tbh cus kinda pointless being able to do lvl 90 stuff if not allowed in to do it, but not going to moan about it, added incentive to level)

Ok will Recasting an item higher its pre-req level ?

Ie: You recast a level 90 TT helm will it become a level 100 Req helm ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    36 minutes between cool new feature and QQing about said new feature.

That's probably not even close to the record, but a good effort nonetheless!b:chuckle

because ive just spent ages working my **** off to get the lunar glade 100 wep from the 95 one knowing it should be upgradable.

now the run around and say Only the best can be upgraded, im sorry but since when was lunar glade lvl100 weps not as good as the lvl 95 weps?

im a little pissed off because ive just wasted so much coin and time for nothing
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    No wonder we have the exp events....b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    No wonder we have the exp events....b:surrender

^ Ding ding ding
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    because ive just spent ages working my **** off to get the lunar glade 100 wep from the 95 one knowing it should be upgradable.

now the run around and say Only the best can be upgraded, im sorry but since when was lunar glade lvl100 weps not as good as the lvl 95 weps?

im a little pissed off because ive just wasted so much coin and time for nothing

You can still do the recasting with the lvl 95 Lunar weapons too, that's what you're talking about right?
  • VirusArcher - Dreamweaver
    VirusArcher - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Can we Recast the Gold Lunar weapons from the Botique Agent?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You can still do the recasting with the lvl 95 Lunar weapons too, that's what you're talking about right?

I don't think they read through the entire thing...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Edit nvm: Santa posted below
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You can still do the conversion with the lvl 95 Lunar weapons too, that's what you're talking about right?

i am working on the lunar 95 wep to get the lunar 100 wep, the 95 has preset extras which are nothing special but the lvl 100 has 3 random extras that can make or break the wep, so i am chancing my luck with it.

so if i did stick with the 95 wep and upgrade that id have to put up with the rubbish extras it has through its g13 & g15 lifetime.

so id preffer i could upgrade my lvl100 lunar wep with its better extras, but now i see i cant :(

EDIT: re reading Point 4) does this mean that i can replace the 2 extras on the lunar 95 wep when upgrading it?
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    so if i did stick with the 95 wep and upgrade that id have to put up with the rubbish extras it has through its g13 & g15 lifetime.

(

If I read it right upgrading it will remove those 95 extra's, you can then roll and reroll until it has extra's you prefer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver
    Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    AHHH!!! more incentive to spend endless hours playing to lvl up!!!!! (my family is not going to thank you) :)

but I will :) thanks
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If I read it right upgrading it will remove those 95 extra's, you can then roll and reroll until it has extra's you prefer

ok maybe i did miss that, can this be confirmed because its really what is bothering me
    edited November 2009
    Options
    possible to lower the requite to like 90 or something? >____>;;
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited November 2009
    Options
    A: The requisite level to enter the Palace of Nirvana is 100.
    wait is this like TT and only the opener has to be 100? or the WHOLE squad has to be 100??
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    possible to lower the requite to like 90 or something? >____>;;

Would make sense tbh, since being able to upgrade level 90 items but not allowed in till 100 is kinda pointless.

Tbh Its more than likely 100 since thats what is carried over from the original code for the Chinese version, which I would gather have so many more level 100's than PWI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The main reason for this addition is mainly because.... They want you to play more, now hear me out.

1. This addition means more play hours in order to hit lvl 100 in order to get a godly weapon
    2. Play more= more charms, more potions, money fashions, mounts,etc
    3. More charms= more people buying gold to capitalize on the excessive need of gold to buy different things
    4. More Gold into the game= stabilization of the gold prices, making it so they need to buy more gold in order to break even i.e gold will go down from 600k to like 100-300k, which means they need to buy more gold to "break even" with their previous gold price of 600k.
    5. Stablization of gold economy= A better, larger stream of gold/money flow going into the game and essentially into the Gms Pocket.

So in essence, this addition has produced more of an income for the gms then the anniversary packs will as well as bringing back the older players in order to get these weapons. So pretty much with all the new Mounts, Fashions, charms, teles, guardian angel sells, etc they bring out the more money they get simply because the game is getting played longer.

Idk about you guys but I think this is a win win for everyone XD

~Silver
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • RisingPanda - Sanctuary
    RisingPanda - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:dirty cant wait it come out
    WTB lvl b:surrender for my main (98bm)
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    wait is this like TT and only the opener has to be 100? or the WHOLE squad has to be 100??

No, you have to be exactly level 100.

Sorry, it's too late for you, Lady Deceptistar.

=)
  • Charoula - Heavens Tear
    Charoula - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Would make sense tbh, since being able to upgrade level 90 items but not allowed in till 100 is kinda pointless.
    Yea isnt it POINTLESS????
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yea isnt it POINTLESS????

Char get leveling hun b:shy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.