PREVIEW: Palace of Nirvana gear!

Options

Comments

• IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yea isnt it POINTLESS????

Not really. Seeing as upgrading stuff would, *gasp* Make it better? From my understanding, the 'normal' gear at that level is good enough, and the upgrading apparently rewards you for refining and sharding (not as much material needed, if I'm reading this right). So you just spend time on those items like you normally would, and then when you reach level 100 you have a nice little reward waiting for you.

You don't have to be able to 'upgrade' something the second you get it. That would be POINTLESS in itself, IMO.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    From my understanding, the 'normal' gear at that level is good enough, and the upgrading apparently rewards you for refining and sharding (not as much material needed, if I'm reading this right).

I think its the other way around. If its been refined and socketed you will need more mats to carry those over, but if unrefined etc you will not need any.

But thats just way I read it so maybe wrong
    Recasting your equipment without these materials will still upgrade your equipment to Palace of Nirvana gear, just without any of your existing attributes/refinement level/sockets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Musey - Lost City
    Musey - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Perfect!!!!

All level 100's is not hard to do!!

I cannot wait b:dirtyb:victory

Musey will save you, ijs
    "Please do not troll here, this is a warning"
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I bet it will be like tt for opening, however all the gear will have lv 100 reqs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    wait is this like TT and only the opener has to be 100? or the WHOLE squad has to be 100??

Confirm please spooonsss b:surrender *waves a totem spoon*

golden_spoon%5Bgaye%5D.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I bet it will be like tt for opening, however all the gear will have lv 100 reqs.

If not it will be a nice market for the lvl 1xx 's, selling upgraded gear to those than cannot enter ( all depending if it changes items reg lvl ofc )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Confirm please spooonsss b:surrender *waves a totem spoon*

golden_spoon%5Bgaye%5D.jpg

I can't confirm that, what you see is what I have at this point.
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The main reason for this addition is mainly because.... They want you to play more, now hear me out.

1. This addition means more play hours in order to hit lvl 100 in order to get a godly weapon
    2. Play more= more charms, more potions, money fashions, mounts,etc
    3. More charms= more people buying gold to capitalize on the excessive need of gold to buy different things
    4. More Gold into the game= stabilization of the gold prices, making it so they need to buy more gold in order to break even i.e gold will go down from 600k to like 100-300k, which means they need to buy more gold to "break even" with their previous gold price of 600k.
    5. Stablization of gold economy= A better, larger stream of gold/money flow going into the game and essentially into the Gms Pocket.

So in essence, this addition has produced more of an income for the gms then the anniversary packs will as well as bringing back the older players in order to get these weapons. So pretty much with all the new Mounts, Fashions, charms, teles, guardian angel sells, etc they bring out the more money they get simply because the game is getting played longer.

Idk about you guys but I think this is a win win for everyone XD

~Silver
    Perfect!!!!

I cannot wait b:dirtyb:victory

*looks at RedsRose Post* My point exactly XD
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I can't confirm that, what you see is what I have at this point.
    darn. i guess expecting the worse for now is safer.

*notes gold spoons work* \(. .)
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    so does tt90 and tt99 recast to the same things?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Musey will save you, ijs

b:bye Hi Musey
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Cryxtal - Sanctuary
    Cryxtal - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    yea a lil confusing !
    1)Since lvl 95 Helm of Holy / HeavenRageBoots are not lunar , so we cant upgrade these? Even though these 2 are uber high armours?

2) So for the re-roll thingy . Lvl95 Lunar weapon (Purgatory) gives -6% channeling. Means we can reroll that stat to try and get something else? or we can get more stats ON TOP of the -6% channeling?

Or issit just plainly like what u say "In terms of statistical differences, weapons will have no difference other than appearance" <-- then nirvana is useless
    Love Is Complicated.
    「愛は複雑だ.」
    Amor es muy complicado.
    《爱是复杂的》

Do not argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience. b:bye
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think its the other way around. If its been refined and socketed you will need more mats to carry those over, but if unrefined etc you will not need any.

But thats just way I read it so maybe wrong

Oooh, okay, did read it wrong. xD Either way, doesn't seem like there's much issue. I mean, you can carry it over anyways. Making it 90+ would just be like, "Oh, okay, lets all get all these mats and insta-upgraded weap. No need for waiting."

Meh, just saying, there's no real reason for anyone to be complaining about this-- what's the point of an expansion if you get no new awesome stuff? What were they gonna do, make more level 70 weapons?
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    level 100 entry only? naww b:surrender
    so wait... if we can only enter the cave at level 100... whats the point of making as low as 90+ gear upgradable?
    unless im missing the point here and some lvl 90 gears are better than higer levels...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Meh Its not quoting properly so nvm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oni_utsuki - Sanctuary
    Oni_utsuki - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    tt99-gold? or all tt 99?
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Oki wait a min..

1-tt99gold weps only or green ones too.
    2-I am losing the TT99 Armor stats if I recast that right?
    3-Is the level of the armor and weapon changing above 100?
    4-To keep existing attributes/refinement level/sockets, We just need more of the Items from Nirvana? And if we have plain gear we just need few less items?
    5- two random additional attributes are the attributes that come as if you have tt99 set additional attributes? And how many parts of armor you need to get there?

Ok example

TT99 Set gold (since 99% of 100 players have tt sets)
    It gives this bonuses:
    2 items give Attack interval -0.05
    4 items give Vitality +15
    6 items give Critical +3%

Now when we upgrade 2 4 and 6 parts to Nirvana gear how do bonuses work compared to tt99 set? And Do WE Lose the TT99set bonuses or not?
    b:surrender
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ok example

TT99 Set gold (since 99% of 100 players have tt sets)
    It gives this bonuses:
    2 items give Attack interval -0.05
    4 items give Vitality +15
    6 items give Critical +3%

Now when we upgrade 2 4 and 6 parts to Nirvana gear how do bonuses work compared to tt99 set? And Do WE Lose the TT99set bonuses or not?
    b:surrender
    If it turns into a diff gear, with diff. lvl, and diff. grade lv and diff. looks..........i would assume its a completely diff. item already...
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    but how many parts you need to get 2 recast ones? is it 1 2 parts? 4 parts?
    all 6?

also wth cant we upgrade event robes.. wth is that grrrrr i have both tho lol
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    [IMG][/img]Q: What is the level requisite to enter the Palace of Nirvana? How many times can I enter per day?
    A: The requisite level to enter the Palace of Nirvana is 100. You are granted three entrances per day, but players can trade their Bounty Hunter and Crazy Stone quests for another two chances of the Palace of Nirvana entrances.
    well that makes it challenging....... wat if there was four squad wipes >_>
    do we respawn at the beggining ,like frost......... or do we go the nearest town >_>

and then wats the point of not letting 9x in there, since the robes and helms can be recasted >.>

since it lvl 100 req......ummm...... y not add lvl 100 lunar xD
    Perfect!!!!

UHHHHHHHHHH HUUUUUHHHHH................. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Tombvixen - Heavens Tear
    Tombvixen - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    hmm purely lvl 100 dungeon? there isnt nowhere near enough lvl 100s in the game to merit this. so what we have to look forward to is a month or 2 of dbl exp drops and sp just to get enough 100s? yeay like the markets arent screwd up enough. ty pwi for another fail decision (losing old frost). yes im flamin and i do not care .......its stupid PERIOD
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Wait it says TT90 Twilight temple, Headgear and robes.
    The following are capable of being recast:
    Level 90 – Twilight Temple – Headgear and Robes

This new system gives magic classes the edge and leaves heavy/light armor uses behind? What?
    How is that fair o_O
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)
  • Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver
    Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Wait it says TT90 Twilight temple, Headgear and robes.

This new system gives magic classes the edge and leaves heavy/light armor uses behind? What?
    How is that fair o_O

Robe = Cape b:chuckle
    Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    im smelling LOTS & LOTS of oracle noobs ........................... >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    But robes are also arcane armor...as well as the capes. That is in their description =/
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Can see it being bad on PvP servers if the dominant faction(s) have most of the lvl 100's and only them being able to upgrade their gear ...........
  • Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver
    Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    But robes are also arcane armor...as well as the capes.

"Robes" is what arcane armor is referred to by players. Officially, robes are capes and arcane armor is...well...arcane armor.
    Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    no our chests are called arcane robes ...............and capes are called robes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • espionis
    espionis Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Okay, wait, so does that mean if your weapon is one socket, the upgraded weapon will also be one socket? The only way to get 2 socket weapon is to have your base gear 2 socket, or socket the new weapon costing like 20k socket stones? Is there any way to randomize the sockets instead of try to keep it what it is? Also, are refines / gems / sockets kept through the same materials, or different materials for each of the three? (Aka, refine mat, gem mat, socket mat) or is it just "Mat".

Sorry for rant, I'm extremely uncomfortable with just having a 1 socket wep for the rest of my life.
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    O.o

Dont you high levels know that TT helms and capes are maximum level 90? Considering there is only ONE TT cape available atm, which favors either LA wizards or LA clerics. Mind you, in the xpansion site, they did mention that they will be releasing new armor as well. So therefore, that would explain why lvl 90+ gear can be modified. Not to mention, there are TONS of people who have TT90 gear that is pimped out, because of its +vit stats.

This system will essentially allow for many people to have more of a variety of gears, instead of everyone having the same ****.

Im really psyched, I cant wait to see how it will all work b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.