Where did your name come from?

Comments

• IlIuminous - Archosaur
    IlIuminous - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    well i like bunnies...and bears aint cute...so i replaced CareBear with CareBunny b:victory im so smart

Lol yet she uses bear smiles! Har har har :P
  • Stilled - Archosaur
    Stilled - Archosaur Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Stilled, from Robert Jordan book series, Wheel of Time. When an Aes Sedi was punished and had her powers taken away she was "Stilled."

Stilled.jpg

Plus it took forever to come up with a name for a cleric, but i had about 6 others to pick from, lol! I was this close (<
    >) to being WhiteCell.
    PWI: Where not only are you judged for what you say, but how you say it. Keep up the grammar. Respect.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"In my day, we didn't have BH/Goshiki quest/Tokens to buy Oracles and we had to level the hard way, by grinding. Uphill. In the snow. With carpal tunnel. AND WE LIKED IT!" -ACLuciusb:mischievous
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    for a moment i thought i was looking at the constitution
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    for a moment i thought i was looking at the constitution

lol same....

Stilled, are you a cleric master of freeze/silence? 'Youve been Stilled!' b:shocked Stunlock by a cleric eeeeek
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Stilled - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    lol same....

Stilled, are you a cleric master of freeze/silence? 'Youve been Stilled!' b:shocked Stunlock by a cleric eeeeek

Eh... sure...go to this link to see the Wheel of Time Glossary that I really just failed at posting for you all. XD Mechanism helped me pick "Stilled" rather than "WhiteCell" and it was a close call. lol
    http://www.wotmud.org/game/glossary.html
    PWI: Where not only are you judged for what you say, but how you say it. Keep up the grammar. Respect.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"In my day, we didn't have BH/Goshiki quest/Tokens to buy Oracles and we had to level the hard way, by grinding. Uphill. In the snow. With carpal tunnel. AND WE LIKED IT!" -ACLuciusb:mischievous
  • Mechanism - Archosaur
    Mechanism - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Mechanism: A means to bring about whatever outcome is required.

In sociology; a mechanism is a set of rules designed to bring about a certain outcome through the interaction of a number of agents.

In biology; a mechanism is part of an answer to a question about why some object or process occurred.

Within a machine or machinery; any mechanical means for the conversion or control of motion, or the transmission or control of power.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stilled - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    Mechanism: A means to bring about whatever outcome is required.

In sociology; a mechanism is a set of rules designed to bring about a certain outcome through the interaction of a number of agents.

In biology; a mechanism is part of an answer to a question about why some object or process occurred.

Within a machine or machinery; any mechanical means for the conversion or control of motion, or the transmission or control of power.

Show off. >.> I'm telling you guys: Brits know their English... eh... no pun intended? o.O;

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• V/mpi - Archosaur3
    V/mpi - Archosaur3 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It's the nickname my fiancee gave me when we first started dating.
  • Stilled - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    It's the nickname my fiancee gave me when we first started dating.

Sooo... how would you pronounce that? "Vampi"?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Thecashman - Archosaur
    Thecashman - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Cashman is my last name... and I kind of took from TheDan about putting The in front of it symbolizing, the one the only Cashman.b:thanks Cant believe it wasn't taken.b:victory
  • _Mizandry - Archosaur
    _Mizandry - Archosaur Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    misandry

means hatred of males.

It's really just a joke though...... Im straight :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Too cold for you to keep her, Too hot for you to leave her <3
  • Sinalee - Dreamweaver
    Sinalee - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    <<< the name out here under my avatart was because venos couldn't be male and because PWI didn't take enough letters for me to use my IGN from my old MMO xD. used to be called SinOfTheWolfs so yeah then a little combo of D.Grey Man i guess =x lets just say that and tada Sinalee. Some ppl still call me with my old call name "Sin" soem use "Sina" so yay almost as before ^^;.
  • _Kazamir_ - Archosaur
    _Kazamir_ - Archosaur Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well Kazamir is an old Russian name that means Strength...and was the originally the name of my barb on RT...

soo when i came back and was like imma pew pew on squishies...Whisper/Ghostz said i should stick w/ the name

...and there ya have it
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    misandry

means hatred of males.

It's really just a joke though...... Im straight :)

thats...scary. ijs.
  • _Kazamir_ - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    Nahk stop hating on us that have a reason behind our names D:
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    Nahk stop hating on us that have a reason behind our names D:

Stop bashing me and my creativity! Your just jealous! b:angry
  • _Kazamir_ - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    me?? Jealous??

please i leave that for the nubs like Meatbunz b:chuckle
  • Kohana_Chan - Dreamweaver
    Kohana_Chan - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Kohana means Little Flower.
    And It kinda represents myself because I look much younger than I am and people tell me that I am not "blooming" yet.
    I felt like giving that name to my veno.
    Now I really feel related to her b:chuckle
  • Nosirrah - Archosaur
    Nosirrah - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It's my real name, Harrison, backwards :)
  • Assburger - Harshlands
    Assburger - Harshlands Posts: 785 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i know i've been on this thread before but i'll say why i chose Seattle for my bmb:surrender...i was born there b:bye
    Harshland's everlasting cleric L.uckyrose and damn proud of it

Should be back very very soon...two weeks from now at most b:bye
    ~Pst...imma girl barb ;-P
  • \Hysteria\ - Dreamweaver
    \Hysteria\ - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    name of a song by my favorite band Muse w00t
  • aronpl
    aronpl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    My in game name is _Achaya_ .. I was thinking how to name my veno and I thought about Achaja - girl from book with same title, made by Ziemianski.. One of the best fantasy books Ive ever read :)
  • Circeia - Archosaur
    Circeia - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Circe, the witch from the Odyssey that turned Odysseus' men into pigs or some kind of animals. Considering the fact that I always have All-Class pets I thought it would be cool. :D

the "ia" at the end is because of the shared database. I don't like underscores, numbers, X's, etc in names.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Wife of MarsUltor, There's nothing better about the game than playing it next to my irl boyfriend. <3
  • Boofs - Archosaur
    Boofs - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Self explanatory
  • Claciusvile - Archosaur
    Claciusvile - Archosaur Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well I couldn't think of any cool names, so I decided to look through the Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion Guide book....look at a few of the names, seen this one..and picked it as my name on here o.O
  • captainsmash
    captainsmash Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It is my name spelled backwards
  • Warmheart - Archosaur
    Warmheart - Archosaur Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Just thought, this would be nice...
    My second idea was: McDonalds but I thought thats weired... xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fail Archer with no bow.
  • GenericBrand - Archosaur
    GenericBrand - Archosaur Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    RisingTide was taken already, due to the shared database I suppose :\

Generic brand: Cheap knock-off of the real thing... with a funny after taste. Sums up my play style pretty much b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaloissa - Archosaur
    Kaloissa - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Mine means Pisces in some language, i belive its Finnish but don't hold me to that. What could be than a celestial fish eh?
  • insanez
    insanez Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    my real names asher and i like to get \/\/astedb:laugh
This discussion has been closed.