Who thinks we need a new server and why?

Comments

• Acheron_ - Dreamweaver
    Acheron_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    well, capping it at 250k would help the people who don't have alot of money (mainly the lowbies who don't buy gold with rl money alot) to get stuff from the cash shop without blowing all their PW savings. errm what exactly are coin sellers O_o?
    Bring your all your attacks against my armor b:pleased
  • Acheron_ - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    So you telling me that greedy coin sellers should get the benefit, while the people that actualy support PW should get penalized?

Also, you have it backwards. Its coin sellers that set the gold prices, not gold sellers. Coin sellers are the ones that buy gold at 50k when they first start, and rigth now, coin sellers are buying buying gold at 500k, so why would you penalize the gold sellers so the greedy coin sellers can get even more for their coins?

plus the gold prices have an effect on the prices of other stuff in game such as mats, gears and such, so that really throws a newbie or a lowbie into a hard economy right off the bat. Kinda like throwing a bleeding human into a tank of bloodthirsty sharks XD. no money to buy mats/gears and other stuff tsk tsk tsk b:surrender
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    well, capping it at 250k would help the people who don't have alot of money (mainly the lowbies who don't buy gold with rl money alot) to get stuff from the cash shop without blowing all their PW savings. errm what exactly are coin sellers O_o?

Let's try an example here.

Gold is capped at 250k.

Gold is worth 500k.

Gold is no longer sold in the AH. AH is empty.

Instead, WC is spammed with "WTS 5 gold, 500k each, PM me what you want to buy".

How does that solve anything? People requesting a cap on prices don't understand that if something is worth more than the cap, the players will find ways around it. Especially with player-to-player trading of Boutique items.

So please stop requesting caps. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009

The flip side of gold sellers. Some people sell coins in exchange for gold, while other sell gold in exchange for coins.

There are lots of players that make a living buying gold with in-game coins, than buying goods when they go on sale (like dragon orbs), than they sell those CS items at regular prices once the sale goes away. That can give them anywhere from 30% to 100% profit margins.

Those are, in fact, the players that dictate how much gold sells for. They do not charge a single dollar for zen, and just play the game for free, and make a killing playing the market.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Acheron_ - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    hmm, didn't kno there was a way to sell gold besides the AH, please educate me on how to do so =)
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    hmm, didn't kno there was a way to sell gold besides the AH, please educate me on how to do so =)

Player 1 WorldChats about selling gold.

Player 2 PMs them, asking to buy 5 gold. He tells Player 1 the item he needs with the 5 gold.

Player 1 buys the item with 5 gold and trades Player 2 for the price of the 5 gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Acheron_ - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    hehe, i planned on doing something like that. but completely prevented because of the current prices of everything and my low amount of money ( 2XK >.> don't laughb:surrender)
  • Acheron_ - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Player 1 WorldChats about selling gold.

Player 2 PMs them, asking to buy 5 gold. He tells Player 1 the item he needs with the 5 gold.

Player 1 buys the item with 5 gold and trades Player 2 for the price of the 5 gold.

ahh ty ...... XD
  • Acheron_ - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    ok, we are going off track again... bringing out a new server alongside the arrival of the Tideborn will b good, gives them a chance to compete with other classes and gives every1 a chance to begin anew. And the disposal of oracles would make things far more even and fair now wouldn't most ppl agree with me? =D
  • iluvqq
    iluvqq Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    What i saw in this thread is, many want new server to play. people who said that "we dont need new servers" are high levels from a pvp server. actually they are worrying because old server population will reduce a bit if new server comes and they cant pvp more in old server.
  • heybigbadj
    heybigbadj Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The problem with that is that PW can't just "try" and then say "oh this doesn't work nevermind". It all relates back to money. It costs money to start a new server, to pay people to monitor it, etc. They can't "try" and see how it works out and not lose money if it fails.

Businesses have to decide if they think their idea will make them money before they implement it. They don't just try a new product without deciding that it would make them money first.

A new server will never fail, unless pwi as a whole fails. Better arguments please.
    edited November 2009
    heybigbadj wrote: »
    A new server will never fail, unless pwi as a whole fails. Better arguments please.

A new server costs money, which if you do not have the population, it will not get covered. Better?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • h4x0nq
    h4x0nq Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ofc new server after update = all people that left, were bored, etc will try 1 more time on fresh server = fresh start where everybody can think he ll be top1 ..., for pwi that means more money because of the "rat race" to the top.

If the new server would be set to european time zone that would bring even more players from europe because of time issue some of them didnt even bother to try this game and some left because they couldnt get fair chances ingame.

About server cost, the only cost is in resources that pwi probably have since machines for sure are virtualized and run many applications. The only cost that may be important for them is making few changes in website by adding new realm + rankings, 1 copied db structure, 1 copied server application that will be running. That can be done by 1 person in less than 1 day.

I think these are reasonable reasons
    Huh ...
    edited November 2009
    h4x0nq wrote: »
    Ofc new server after update = all people that left, were bored, etc will try 1 more time on fresh server = fresh start where everybody can think he ll be top1 ..., for pwi that means more money because of the "rat race" to the top.

If the new server would be set to european time zone that would bring even more players from europe because of time issue some of them didnt even bother to try this game and some left because they couldnt get fair chances ingame.

About server cost, the only cost is in resources that pwi probably have since machines for sure are virtualized and run many applications. The only cost that may be important for them is making few changes in website by adding new realm + rankings, 1 copied db structure, 1 copied server application that will be running. That can be done by 1 person in less than 1 day.

I think these are reasonable reasons

You know that there are version of PW in Europe already, right? I am sure there are some limitations on what PWI can do in Europe..... However, I do agree that the only thing that would make sense when it comes to adding new servers would be to make them GMT or Asian timezones.
  • h4x0nq
    edited November 2009
    You know that there are version of PW in Europe already, right? I am sure there are some limitations on what PWI can do in Europe..... However, I do agree that the only thing that would make sense when it comes to adding new servers would be to make them GMT or Asian timezones.

Define what u mean by pw in europe, u may be talking about pw ms that is located in europe but as its name says its MULTILANGUAGE not european and pwi means Perfect World International.

The ms thing is that they fall behind, almost died. I was playing there and i can only say that they have alot of bugged things that simply doesnt work, lags even for european players, alot of ms players left so its only ghost server atm, no updates. Sry to say but i demand more as a player and customer than cr*p left to death.
    Huh ...
  • laaaawl
    laaaawl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Define what u mean by pw in europe, u may be talking about pw ms that is located in europe but as its name says its MULTILANGUAGE not european and pwi means Perfect World International.

The ms thing is that they fall behind, almost died. I was playing there and i can only say that they have alot of bugged things that simply doesnt work, lags even for european players, alot of ms players left so its only ghost server atm, no updates. Sry to say but i demand more as a player and customer than cr*p left to death.

excactly. MS is dead. and they dont keep their words :o
    breit gebaut, braun gebrannt, 100 kilo hantelbank.
  • h4x0nq
    edited November 2009
    laaaawl wrote: »
    excactly. MS is dead. and they dont keep their words :o

yeah i forgot about their "problems with keeping given word" but that was 1 of the reasons why people left them. So all in all there is no PW server in europe, for european players and atm pwi is only company that can make one if they care about european players.
    Huh ...
  • Acheron_ - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    So looking at what most of these ppl are saying and the opinions/facts/etc. it was QUITE OBVIOUS that a new server would b rather approriate at this momemt, would b nice if it could come out alongside Tideborn buti wouldn't mind it coming out next year june when i'll have loadsss of time to play b:chuckleb:laugh
  • laaaawl
    edited November 2009
    yeah i forgot about their "problems with keeping given word" but that was 1 of the reasons why people left them. So all in all there is no PW server in europe, for european players and atm pwi is only company that can make one if they care about european players.

i still remember the majority of my old guild qqing cause they were having TW at 2am (i do too) and like 80% quit cause of that -.- half of my friends were even staying on pwms because of the time
    So looking at what most of these ppl are saying and the opinions/facts/etc. it was QUITE OBVIOUS that a new server would b rather approriate at this momemt, would b nice if it could come out alongside Tideborn buti wouldn't mind it coming out next year june when i'll have loadsss of time to play b:chuckleb:laugh

now would be perfect. :D got my next job set for feb. :D
  • Acheron_ - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    meh but if it comes out now i would have to make another bm to lvl quickly instead of a barb >.< ahh well b:laugh
  • laaaawl
    edited November 2009
    meh but if it comes out now i would have to make another bm to lvl quickly instead of a barb >.< ahh well b:laugh

you can lure for me in zhen :p (idc if wb or wr)
  • Acheron_ - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    you can lure for me in zhen :p (idc if wb or wr)

eh, i'm not sure if zhen is cost effective tho =\, think i prefer aoe party >.< that is a bm and a cleric in NightScream :P
  • laaaawl
    edited November 2009
    eh, i'm not sure if zhen is cost effective tho =\, think i prefer aoe party >.< that is a bm and a cleric in NightScream :P

zhen for wb / wr is profit :o
  • Featal - Heavens Tear
    Featal - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The economy on all of the servers is indeed out of whack (Thank anni packs for that), I don't think economic balance is enough for a new server. No matter what they do the big cash shoppers are going to control the flow of the economy. As long as those people remain greedy then inflation is bound to keep happening no matter what server its on, (Either that or PWI goes Pay to Play. So long inflation, hello economic balance). Though I think with the up and coming release of this new Tideborn expansion, for balance as well as fair play, a new server would not be a bad idea. However I don't feel it as necessary.

With the new arrival of these Public Quests, the higher levels are going to have a HUGE advantage over the lower levels (So level up and dominate as well?). Though I can't rightly say that either since it will likely be tiered quests by level instead of an all level's sort of deal. At least I would hope it's level based.

In the future, maybe. However right now I don't think a new server is needed. Even with the up and coming expansion, a new server would just turn into the same thing as the others and people will be asking for a new server all over again.

I am for the idea, I like the concept of being one of the first high levels in a new server. Though that is about my only reason.

So forgive me if I reiterate a bit. A new server at this point in time is not necessary. Despite how appealing it may be.
  • h4x0nq
    edited November 2009
    The economy on all of the servers is indeed out of whack (Thank anni packs for that), I don't think economic balance is enough for a new server. No matter what they do the big cash shoppers are going to control the flow of the economy. As long as those people remain greedy then inflation is bound to keep happening no matter what server its on, (Either that or PWI goes Pay to Play. So long inflation, hello economic balance). Though I think with the up and coming release of this new Tideborn expansion, for balance as well as fair play, a new server would not be a bad idea. However I don't feel it as necessary.

With the new arrival of these Public Quests, the higher levels are going to have a HUGE advantage over the lower levels (So level up and dominate as well?). Though I can't rightly say that either since it will likely be tiered quests by level instead of an all level's sort of deal. At least I would hope it's level based.

In the future, maybe. However right now I don't think a new server is needed. Even with the up and coming expansion, a new server would just turn into the same thing as the others and people will be asking for a new server all over again.

I am for the idea, I like the concept of being one of the first high levels in a new server. Though that is about my only reason.

So forgive me if I reiterate a bit. A new server at this point in time is not necessary. Despite how appealing it may be.

well my idea was to connect new server idea with server for european players idea so both groups would be happy because of that, well personally i had lvl 90 barb and cleric on harshlands but everyweek tw in middle of night was 1 of reasons i left, new server with european timming would be something that people like me to start playing in this game again.

Well if that wont happen i wont cry atm im w8ing what will do pwi if new server wont show up i ll just pickup other game where european server will be avaiable. Good time for me since many games will end open betas in upcomming future
    Huh ...
  • Featal - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    So you are wanting them to make a server to accommodate a specific time frame? That's a bit selfish no? This is Perfect World International. Not Perfect World European.
  • laaaawl
    edited November 2009
    well my idea was to connect new server idea with server for european players idea so both groups would be happy because of that, well personally i had lvl 90 barb and cleric on harshlands but everyweek tw in middle of night was 1 of reasons i left, new server with european timming would be something that people like me to start playing in this game again.

Well if that wont happen i wont cry atm im w8ing what will do pwi if new server wont show up i ll just pickup other game where european server will be avaiable. Good time for me since many games will end open betas in upcomming future

pm when you found one ^^ i was tired and went back to HL :p tried to start a new character but with the current prices i can't even buy charms / dolls / mijis / flying mount. so lvling up for me is a pain. especially when i see ppl just buying their way up thanks to oracles.
    So you are wanting them to make a server to accommodate a specific time frame? That's a bit selfish no? This is Perfect World International. Not Perfect World European.

lol'd yes, it's pw international. but since when is USA international?
  • Featal - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    pm when you found one ^^ i was tired and went back to HL :p tried to start a new character but with the current prices i can't even buy charms / dolls / mijis / flying mount. so lvling up for me is a pain. especially when i see ppl just buying their way up thanks to oracles.

I agree with what you say here. People are buying their way up to level but they only hurt themselves in a way. 1. takes no skill 2. they are screwed on reputation 3. prices of equipment ect.

Also, I made it to 80+ in less than 3 months the old fashioned way. And I am a cleric. Less QQ more Pew Pew. Put a little elbow grease into it. Grind you some DQ items, do DQ quests or just sell them. New flyers, mounts ect are not a necessity, they are an accommodation. If you can no afford one now then save up until you can. That's how I do it and the rest of us who do not have the money to constantly cash shop do it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Featal - Heavens Tear

USA is not International? Zomg where have I been?
  • laaaawl
    edited November 2009
    I agree with what you say here. People are buying their way up to level but they only hurt themselves in a way. 1. takes no skill 2. they are screwed on reputation 3. prices of equipment ect.

Also, I made it to 80+ in less than 3 months the old fashioned way. And I am a cleric. Less QQ more Pew Pew. Put a little elbow grease into it. Grind you some DQ items, do DQ quests or just sell them. New flyers, mounts ect are not a necessity, they are an accommodation. If you can no afford one now then save up until you can. That's how I do it and the rest of us who do not have the money to constantly cash shop do it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Featal - Heavens Tear

USA is not International? Zomg where have I been?

usa only is not international. plus - i know how to lvl and 8x in 3 months is just bad.
  • Featal - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    International - concerning or belonging to all or at least two or more nations; "international affairs"; "an international agreement"; "international waters"

Perfect World International is International. Meaning more than one nation is involved in its gameplay. The US is involved in this gameplay therefore it is considered as another nation involved with other nations in one aspect, ergo, PWI. Therefore, in this case, the US is part of the International.

Thank you, come again. Keep this on topic.