Who thinks we need a new server and why?

Comments

• Psylos - Lost City
    Psylos - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    If we want a fare PvP system and not the strongest players kill the new ones they must put maybe a PK penalty when someone bigger lvl player kill a smaller one, maybe a debuff for some period or deactivate his PK mode for a period time dunno that is my suggest.
  • Zion - Dreamweaver
    Zion - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    If we want a fare PvP system and not the strongest players kill the new ones they must put maybe a PK penalty when someone bigger lvl player kill a smaller one, maybe a debuff for some period or deactivate his PK mode for a period time dunno that is my suggest.

thats a good idea, ive liked that feature in other games. I think if there is someone that is killing a lot of people or killing players that are much lower lvl, that it should announce their position to the world, and their dot should show up differently on the minimap so they cant hide from the ppl that are actually able to defend themselves.
  • Almy - Dreamweaver
    Almy - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I think with new classes coming, that it would only be fair to start a new server... it would hardly be fair to new classes to be thrown into a mix of already seasoned characters. New economy would be nice too b:laugh
  • heybigbadj
    heybigbadj Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I personally would LOVE a new server. New servers are very exciting, and the possibilities are absolutely endless as to what you can accomplish. Compare that to even dreamweaver, which already has players such a high level, and so rich, there is just NO COMPETING with them.

Needless to say, MANY people would flock to a new server, and I am sure that the gms would have a ton of zhen being charged as a result. So, I personally think that it would benefit everyone involved.It just really sucks playing on any of the servers now, because unless you started when the server WAS new, or you are an "oracle baby" you are gonna have to play for months and months to simply catch up. This is also especially bad for people on a pvp server. Who wants to start fresh on a pvp server when at level 30 you will then have level 90+ with TT90 +10 weapons one shotting you every time you go grind?
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Idea 1: new server
    More real economics time! You want gold to drop, merge servers, not split them, the only reason to start new servers is to lighten server load. Splitting servers actually increases overall gold inflation as fewer "spenders" are available to spend in the new economies and spenders are removed from the existing economies. New servers encourages new players, new players don't start wanting to spend money, so the only spenders you have initially are old players which creates a higher base gold price off the bat, when the new players become gold suppliers farther into the game's economy, they work off the already inflated gold price rather than lowering it.

Idea 2: Map Resets
    Another fail idea. This only creates player trauma, those who worked their asses off to achieve the status they managed to get find themselves as having worked for nothing. That's like starting a business getting it to a thriving franchise chain then having the government come in and say, thanks, we'll be taking your stores away from you now.

Idea 3: Map Expansion
    The current project is leading to this, however, as it will be a linked map rather than a multiple basis map expansion, It will most likely only result in a temporary base of operations. Imagine China suddenly decides that mongolia, a chunk of russia, and a few other nearby countries no longer hold any claim to their land, and through some magic wand waving those places now have no people in them, several peoples move in, China sees them as weaker and it has an urge to grow for "the fun of it", soon those newly established nations are kaput.

Idea 4: Staging grounds type Map Expansion
    I saw an idea like this one starting to take form elsewhere in the forums, and though initially I thought omg, dee dee dee, it's really a great concept. Picture 4 islands, each with 4 lesser territories, factions that don't believe they can take out the main faction attack these pve territories, once they own all 4, they must make a move to the "mainland" territories which forfeits the island's ownership if they win, however conquering the island gives them basic tw experience and a chance to grow. The mainland territories cannot attack the islands, and until a faction owns the island they cannot attack the mainland. This creates a cycling pve territory base, and a smaller scale quality pvp tw base. If the island owners do not take a mainland territory and move off the island in a month while maintaining ownership of the island, they lose all the territories and must start from scratch. (Doesn't fix the economy, but fixes the TW map situations)

Idea 4=Brilliant! Obey!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • Zion - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    most of ur theories are sound, but even tho i really dont care about the game economy, saying the gold prices would be higher on a new server is just incorrect. Sorry, but since noone has any coins at first, a gold buyer cannot charge 500k for 1 gold. When DW opened gold prices began at 50k because ppl had to farm to get coins into the market.

Eventually after a few factions have some land and 10 million coins appear out of nowhere for each land, the prices will go up. Thats just life. If you look at the price of gold on the current servers relative to the amount of coins on the server, 500k is probably cheaper than it was when it was only 50k.

Edit: And a staging ground/island TW thing would be a cool idea if they could make it work out right. I'd love to see that implemented, but we'll have a new server before they can finish that lol.
  • Sweetangle - Lost City
    Sweetangle - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    yes that would help the TW thing, but realy no 1 wants to start over if u got a high lvl on a server well i know i would not leave Lost City, and if u got Zen in game it is on all servers on that acc. so that dont help.b:sad
  • Xiao_Qian_ - Sanctuary
    Xiao_Qian_ - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I think they could reset a few things in the old ones.

And it would be cool to have a new server with character transfer feature b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Its not Eion anymore its Unknown]
    Done by ForsenX
  • heybigbadj
    heybigbadj Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Idea 1: new server
    More real economics time! You want gold to drop, merge servers, not split them, the only reason to start new servers is to lighten server load. Splitting servers actually increases overall gold inflation as fewer "spenders" are available to spend in the new economies and spenders are removed from the existing economies. New servers encourages new players, new players don't start wanting to spend money, so the only spenders you have initially are old players which creates a higher base gold price off the bat, when the new players become gold suppliers farther into the game's economy, they work off the already inflated gold price rather than lowering it.

No, there would not be higher gold prices on a new server. The reason is simple:on a new server, there are not yet enough coins available to be able to charge high prices with ANY success.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    heybigbadj wrote: »
    heybigbadj wrote: »
    No, there would not be higher gold prices on a new server. The reason is simple:on a new server, there are not yet enough coins available to be able to charge high prices with ANY success.

You must not have been around when HL and DW went live.....

Also keep in mind that gold sellers do not dictate how much gold sells for, coin sellers dictate how much gold sells for, since they are the ones buying it.

Within 2 weeks their gold was 50% higher than on the older servers. And up until the AnyPacks, their gold was averaging 100k higher than on the older servers...

Remember, there will be fewer gold seller, causing coin sellers to try to outbid eachother, raising gold prices very fast, and most of the people that will go to the new server are high levels from older servers, so they know how to farm coin. That alone will drive prices up the roof. On top of that, all the strong players will get together, so you will see a one color map for TWs.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Zion - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    gold prices on DW were 120k for months after the release. they only went up for the events.
    edited November 2009
    gold prices on DW were 120k for months after the release. they only went up for the events.

At that time gold was sub 100k or just around 100k on the older servers... On the first JJ event after DW went live, gold went to over 300k, on older servers stayed at less than 200k.

And currently, gold is about even in all servers, so creating the new servers did not make their economy any different after a period of time. So using economy as a reason makes no logic sense.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The amount of time before we see the same problems rising on a new server is irrelevant.. It could take 24 hours, or 3 months, it wouldn't change the fact that sooner or later the new server would face the same problems. Then what? Start a new server? lol

They just need to fix the TW system and introduce more coin sinks.
  • Zion - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    yes i know, thats why i have said already in this thread. i dont care about the economy, and i havent said that it would be better on a new server. Because as soon as they do one JJ event it will be just like the rest.

And i also mentioned the fact that they need new coin sinks as well

And i have also provided various solutions to every problem everyone else has mentioned, and i have done so while also trying so show how the devs could make money from it.

I have put a lot of thought into this and it is frustrating that ppl keep posting the same issues when i have already addressed those issues. If you think my ideas are bad thats fine, they are only ideas and theories. but noone needs to hear the same issues repeated 15 times.
  • Lieal - Dreamweaver
    Lieal - Dreamweaver Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Zion, you guys wanted new servers to come out back when there were only three - you got Dreamweaver and Harshlands. Your quit shortly on Sanctuary and came back to play on Dreamweaver, quitting shortly after again. Now unhappy about these two, you're asking for more; now, tell me what you will do if the servers do come out, and turn into exact copies of DW and HL - putting aside your ideals about the perfect server, please honestly think about what will happen and what will you do then, because we can't keep on doing "trial and error".

You say that there is a chance that a new server wouldn't turn out like 4/5 of the others - I say, what if it does? What happens then?

What's going to prevent people from taking over land in TW, oracling their levels, spamming World Chat, spending tons of money on the game? It's happened on every server, there's going to be people doing so here now, hoping to "rise up" and "be the best".

On a side note, I like Lypiphera's TW idea - I agree that we need something better for the TW system, and not just a system reset, since the same factions will rise up again - it will only take them several months and a lot of angry people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zion - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Zion, you guys wanted new servers to come out back when there were only three - you got Dreamweaver and Harshlands. Your quit shortly on Sanctuary and came back to play on Dreamweaver, quitting shortly after again. Now unhappy about these two, you're asking for more; now, tell me what you will do if the servers do come out, and turn into exact copies of DW and HL - putting aside your ideals about the perfect server, please honestly think about what will happen and what will you do then, because we can't keep on doing "trial and error".

You say that there is a chance that a new server wouldn't turn out like 4/5 of the others - I say, what if it does? What happens then?

What's going to prevent people from taking over land in TW, oracling their levels, spamming World Chat, spending tons of money on the game? It's happened on every server, there's going to be people doing so here now, hoping to "rise up" and "be the best".

On a side note, I like Lypiphera's TW idea - I agree that we need something better for the TW system, and not just a system reset, since the same factions will rise up again - it will only take them several months and a lot of angry people.

li, go read the thread b4 u insult me please.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    nightsky72 wrote: »
    I feel like we need a new server. I feel the economy is out of whack, at least it is on dreamweaver. I also feel that new players don't really have a chance to be successful against the much higher, already established servers. Also, the new expansion is coming out. New characters of the new race and classes will be at a severe disadvantage of ever having the joy of a TW or one that is within the reasonable means of success. They will most like die instantly to stronger factions.

If you would like to respond, please leave constructive posts only on whether why or why not a new server should be opened. Please don't flame/troll/post negatively. Just because someone posts against your stand point doesn't mean it's a negative attack against you. This is simply a debate.

(X_X)'
    silly human reasoning.....
    just because your house is on fire doesn't mean you just abandon ship, go to a brand new house, and forget about it.....you put out the fire and fix it. b:chuckle
    also stop being so lazy....just because you don't want to play fair doesn't mean you should bring down everyone whos already established themselves.
    b:surrender

as for TW there was that little suggestion about island TW where people with territory on teh mainland can't have land there. (o.O)
    me think that suggestion shows promise. d(^.-d) it'll be a way to help balance out the system. (^.^) of course that place is going to be a warzone all the time. xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    just because your house is on fire doesn't mean you just abandon ship, go to a brand new house, and forget about it.....you put out the fire and fix it.

More like flee the burning house with a torch in your hand, and go to your brand new house and set that on fire too. Like the gerbil said, you have to put out the fire, not just run away from it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
    edited November 2009
    like The Gerbil Said.

Lmao........
  • Lieal - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    li, go read the thread b4 u insult me please.

I am not insulting you. I am merely asking what you will do if a server comes out, brand new and just like the rest of the other servers without any of your suggestions implemented, because there is always the plausible chance of that happening. You're looking at the one side where the server starts with all your suggestions there and GMs and Devs actually work hard to keep it balanced - I'm just merely looking at the other side where they don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zion - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    I am not insulting you. I am merely asking what you will do if a server comes out, brand new and just like the rest of the other servers without any of your suggestions implemented, because there is always the plausible chance of that happening. You're looking at the one side where the server starts with all your suggestions there and GMs and Devs actually work hard to keep it balanced - I'm just merely looking at the other side where they don't.

i never said that. all i ever asked for was a new server. if they improve it then great.

Thats why i told u to go read the thread, cuz u already admitted u havent read it. And you clearly have no idea what i have said in it.
  • Abide - Harshlands
    Abide - Harshlands Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Truthfully i wouldn't want a new server to come out because theres already enough as it is, but if player count increases and servers became laggy ( Which i hope not since PWi has beast server ) then there would be a need for another server. All economys are going to turn out the same dont we all k
    now? So why argue about it guys.

Thats my 2cents. ^^

All economys are going to turn out the same dont we all k
    now? So why argue about it guys. Unless something crazy happens that'll i'll never think of. Cause there seems to get something bad happen to a good online game.
    ~! Pkers Cons !~
    Pking Noobs = Raging Noobs = Noobs get high level ( Also feeling sorry that level 30's getting pked by 80s+ = Them same Noobs that was being pked and now is a higher level Thurst bang them same high levels that were pking them = Hurting the Clans that pk low level noobs because in the long run them same noobs might would of want to join your faction but now they think otherwise and go to another faction.

This is the life line i will live.

완벽한 세상이 프로.
  • Lieal - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    i never said that. all i ever asked for was a new server. if they improve it then great.

Thats why i told u to go read the thread, cuz u already admitted u havent read it. And you clearly have no idea what i have said in it.

No, I have read it, several times over and all I see are the same arguments. If you won't prove your ideas past the first few points to me or to anybody else, then that's fine - this is my last post on this thread.

Goodluck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zion - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    No, I have read it, several times over and all I see are the same arguments. If you won't prove your ideas past the first few points to me or to anybody else, then that's fine - this is my last post on this thread.

Goodluck.

well if you dont understand what we've been talking about, i really dont care. But bringing up my history (which you dont know btw, cuz ur wrong) has nothing to do with this thread.

And the point of this thread to whoever is reading it, is to discuss reasons why, or why not, people feel there should be a new server. If you disagree with a reason thats fine. And by argueing your point, better ideas are generated so i encourage it. But straying from the topic, personally attacking other people that post, and restating the same ideas over and over are all useless to the thread.

I'd like to thank everyone that has contributed to this thread, and the others on the topic. I think a lot of good ideas have come from debating it back and forth
  • Jsin - Sanctuary
    Jsin - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I do not currently play PW but I did on Sanctuary when there was just 2 servers. I quit a long time ago because I was busy with work. Now I'm back into getting into a new MMORPG and there's nothing out atm that appeals to me. I saw on an MMORPG website that PW was coming out with new classes so I checked this website and I am excited. It will be a good opportunity for me to get back into the flow of the game with a fresh new class/race that no one else has yet.

However, the server issue comes into play. I most likely will not play PW (despite my excitement for a new class) unless a new server comes out. I briefly read some threads on these forums about how the economy is and how hard it is for new players.

I hope the new expansion comes out soon and a new server along with it. I would love to play PW again as there wasn't anything wrong with the game when I decided to quit.
    edited November 2009
    I do not currently play PW but I did on Sanctuary when there was just 2 servers. I quit a long time ago because I was busy with work. Now I'm back into getting into a new MMORPG and there's nothing out atm that appeals to me. I saw on an MMORPG website that PW was coming out with new classes so I checked this website and I am excited. It will be a good opportunity for me to get back into the flow of the game with a fresh new class/race that no one else has yet.

However, the server issue comes into play. I most likely will not play PW (despite my excitement for a new class) unless a new server comes out. I briefly read some threads on these forums about how the economy is and how hard it is for new players.

I hope the new expansion comes out soon and a new server along with it. I would love to play PW again as there wasn't anything wrong with the game when I decided to quit.

Good luck with your search for a new game to play.
    I hope you did not really think that a new server would really change anything in the economy... If anything it will make it worse, since it will further reduce the number of gold sellers per server.

In the other hand, maybe they will, with a different timezone, which would make sense, and have some JJ event to celebrate, so people would be able to get to level 80 in 2 or 3 days.
  • Acheron_ - Dreamweaver
    Acheron_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I agree with getting a new server. But first some things need to be done abt economy and TW and other stuff.

First off, i rate the island/mainlaind TW idea. that can work for TW probs.

Economy- i'm suggesting a gold price cap of 250k or so..

Leveling- i STRONGLY SUGGEST deleting oracles from the system, that messes up everything as people can reach lvl80 in a day or so. No game at all should make it anywhere easy to lvl like that. THAT IS COMPLETE ****...bad move on developers part...

well thats abt it i bleve, anything else pops up in my mind i'll post it
    Bring your all your attacks against my armor b:pleased
    edited November 2009
    Economy- i'm suggesting a gold price cap of 250k or so..
    it

There is already a cap ingame for gold, and we have not reached it.

Also, why 250k? Why not 260k? or 500k?

Gold sells for as much as people are willing to buy it at. If you were to do what you suggested, there would had been no gold for sale on any server since september..... since all the gold sellers would just buy packs, than sell the tokens for much much higher than they sell for now. It is all about math, if what you get out the sale was worth more than 250k, they would simple stop selling gold. That in turn would make every single item in CS go for much higher, since they would know that you were stuck buying it from them.
  • Acheron_ - Dreamweaver
    Acheron_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    in fact there would be gold sales. As i'm sure alot of persons know that at the beggining of servers the price for gold generally starts at abt 50k and gets up to 100k...so obviously ppl were selling gold. and if they are willing to sell for 50k and 100k, i doubt 250k would b a prob now would it? :)
    Bring your all your attacks against my armor b:pleased
    edited November 2009
    in fact there would be gold sales. As i'm sure alot of persons know that at the beggining of servers the price for gold generally starts at abt 50k and gets up to 100k...so obviously ppl were selling gold. and if they are willing to sell for 50k and 100k, i doubt 250k would b a prob now would it? :)

So you telling me that greedy coin sellers should get the benefit, while the people that actualy support PW should get penalized?

Also, you have it backwards. Its coin sellers that set the gold prices, not gold sellers. Coin sellers are the ones that buy gold at 50k when they first start, and rigth now, coin sellers are buying buying gold at 500k, so why would you penalize the gold sellers so the greedy coin sellers can get even more for their coins?