Anniversary Pack Discussion

Options

Comments

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hehe while i agree with you, there is one fact everyone is skipping, and idk why lol xD.

Large amount of coins was injected in the system by events/cash shop and ect.
    There is a lack of coins sink.
    More money way injected via CS.
    Still a NO major coin sink in the game.
    Many peeps with over 200mil coins run around, willing to buy stuff at any god given price. Many members of large guilds owning land get filthy rich, with no NO coin sink.

This damn high gold price would have come naturally, in fact it was happening.

Poor stay poor, rich get richer, so it only natural for price to go sky rocketing up.

Did anni pack do this? Maybe it helped but NOT as much as ppl think. I can think so many non cash shop related stuff sky rocketed when there was no clear need.

Lets make a assumption, if PWI drains billions of coins that are in the system going round and round, i am betting gold would drop ~100k.

If not, my assumption is it will only raise again. And QQers will QQ for some other CS item that has influence but again not as much as they think it has.

On side note, this game coin rewards for instances/quests is minor that there is no way to compensate for prices going up.
    So in any way anni pack for me ( a non cash shoper, cleric that has never had more then 5mil in inv) is a good thing for now while it lasts.
    b:dirty
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ya in the end, we can all agree to (in-game) high level coin sinks...

the funny thing is, what do high levels really spend coin on? stuff in the cash shop (charms, refines, GAs) b:sweat

it's cuz they're all cash shop related that gold prices go up.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ya in the end, we can all agree to (in-game) high level coin sinks...

the funny thing is, what do high levels really spend coin on? stuff in the cash shop (charms, refines, GAs) b:sweat

it's cuz they're all cash shop related that gold prices go up.

Agree ^^

<---now runs to college, lol spent all morning at forums b:shocked
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    People gotta stop bringing up HP/MP food. The level req is 75, so it obviously doesn't benefit everyone. TT starts at 60-- and a cleric NEEDS some sort of fast regen during instances like that.
    The sesame yuanxiao and multiflavor jiaozi from the Jolly Jones event has a level 25 requirement. I still see both being sold for reasonable prices. Much cheaper than a charm at least. Sesame will restore 3000 mana, and I frequently see shops selling it for 1500 coin. That's the equivalent of a gold spirit charm costing 500k.

The herb yuanxiao from tokens ends up being cheaper (about 1k coin for 5k mana), so the level 75+ folks will go for that instead. That reduces demand for the sesame yuanxiao, causing its price to drop and availability to increase for those between levels 25-74.
    Large amount of coins was injected in the system by events/cash shop and ect.
    There is a lack of coins sink.
    More money way injected via CS.
    Still a NO major coin sink in the game.
    Many peeps with over 200mil coins run around, willing to buy stuff at any god given price. Many members of large guilds owning land get filthy rich, with no NO coin sink.

Poor stay poor, rich get richer, so it only natural for price to go sky rocketing up.
    Totally agreed on the lack of coin sinks and the coin injected from anniv packs causing problems. However, the people with 200 mil coin didn't get 200 mil by buying stuff at any god-given price. They amassed it by being careful to make sure anything they bought was worth what they were paying. There's a very important difference between "I can't afford it" and "It's not worth it."

The inflationary prices are the economy's way of telling poor people that they're doing something wrong. Whatever they're doing is worth so little for their time invested that NPCs and other players aren't giving them much money for it. If you're poor and want to stay poor, keep doing whatever it is you're doing. If you don't want to be poor anymore, try doing something different, until you find something which allows you to make more money.
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The sesame yuanxiao and multiflavor jiaozi from the Jolly Jones event has a level 25 requirement. I still see both being sold for reasonable prices. Much cheaper than a charm at least. Sesame will restore 3000 mana, and I frequently see shops selling it for 1500 coin. That's the equivalent of a gold spirit charm costing 500k.

The herb yuanxiao from tokens ends up being cheaper (about 1k coin for 5k mana), so the level 75+ folks will go for that instead. That reduces demand for the sesame yuanxiao, causing its price to drop and availability to increase for those between levels 25-74.

1.5k?! *rerolls onto HT*

The only prices I see here are 2.5k each. Either way, there's not an infinite supply of them... the price should go up eventually there.
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You have other alternatives in making coin, plenty of them, you just choose not to, then complain about the very thing you make your money from, and this is going to be iterated in each response now. There's really no way to avoid the hypocrisy here, and you and others should be called out on it every time you try to make a big fuss while committing a major double-standard, like everyone should be.

And really, comparing making a ****-ton of coins via anniversary packs to eating food? b:chuckle There's a wise suggestion to not have people point out this hypocrisy and give you **** for it -- don't ***** and moan if you're (by your own volition, not by having no choice) benefiting immensely (far more than most others it would seem, presuming your statements are true) from the very thing you are complaining about. b:victory
    I'll repeat, you don't have to like something if you use it.

It would only be hypocritical if my not-selling them could effect the outcome of the event whatsoever, and it cant. My benefiting isn't keeping them here longer, theres a set date of removal.

It would be a better thread if you were contributing actual points instead of attacking people. But since I dont see that happening in the forseeable future, I should stop feeding the troll, troll hungry.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Did anni pack do this? Maybe it helped but NOT as much as ppl think. I can think so many non cash shop related stuff sky rocketed when there was no clear need.
    On Sanctuary, the inflation started right after Gold was at a record low of 95k for a few months.

What happened was the Battle Pack sale sent prices to 160k, then it recovered down to 125k during the 4 days before Jolly Jones and the Coin Boxes appeared. That sent Gold to 190k, which dropped to 170k after JJ left but the Coin Boxes remained.

Or in other words, the theory that the inflation was inevitable isn't sustained by what actually happened, at least not on Sanctuary at least. At every step of the inflation there's been a rule-change/sale that has caused Gold prices to climb.

Furthermore, Gold has actually been underpriced the entire time. I can confirm this by the fact that ever since the Battle Pet packs went on sale I've been buying Gold at the "high" prices, buying cash-shop items, and then turning a large profit from the results. I'm able to do this because people don't realize just how much the sales drive up the actual value of Gold, so they refuse to pay what they think are high prices.

One thing I will agree on is that the Anni Packs have been paying out a lot of 5million coin rewards, thus injecting a ton of extra money into the economy. However, who really knows how much extra coin the game gets rid of every day? I personally sink at least a million every day through auction house fees.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Tombvixen - Heavens Tear
    Tombvixen - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    im just feed up with em myself spent about 500$ and a ton of ingame coin opened over 3500 packs and still no lunar ornament or scroll of tome.....and very very few high cost items 2 lunar weapons 1 frost 1 boot 1 helm some charms and some BL tokens 1 norm cape 1 cloudcharger......3500 damned packs and thats it? and not together at any given time so cant even afford to buy the 2 items i want just reinvest into more packs......1 person unnamed can spend 5k cash and complain and get his stuff....wth .....those of us who spend a lot of RL money and ingame should have ours also if thats the way it works.......
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options

Totally agreed on the lack of coin sinks and the coin injected from anniv packs causing problems. However, the people with 200 mil coin didn't get 200 mil by buying stuff at any god-given price. They amassed it by being careful to make sure anything they bought was worth what they were paying. There's a very important difference between "I can't afford it" and "It's not worth it."

The inflationary prices are the economy's way of telling poor people that they're doing something wrong. Whatever they're doing is worth so little for their time invested that NPCs and other players aren't giving them much money for it. If you're poor and want to stay poor, keep doing whatever it is you're doing. If you don't want to be poor anymore, try doing something different, until you find something which allows you to make more money.

That requires 24/7 cat shop, and no game play. Who in hell would play a game just to spend 90% of the time merchant stuff ?
    If this is about that then b:bye!!
    And every one knows how to make coins, but it takes time, which frankly us with busy life's cant afford. Which comes to nerfed drop rates......but i donna wanna talk about that.
    1.5k?! *rerolls onto HT*

The only prices I see here are 2.5k each. Either way, there's not an infinite supply of them... the price should go up eventually there.

Actually 1k, just need to know where to look b:chuckle
    On Sanctuary, the inflation started right after Gold was at a record low of 95k for a few months.

What happened was the Battle Pack sale sent prices to 160k, then it recovered down to 125k during the 4 days before Jolly Jones and the Coin Boxes appeared. That sent Gold to 190k, which dropped to 170k after JJ left but the Coin Boxes remained.

Or in other words, the theory that the inflation was inevitable isn't sustained by what actually happened, at least not on Sanctuary at least. At every step of the inflation there's been a rule-change/sale that has caused Gold prices to climb.

Furthermore, Gold has actually been underpriced the entire time. I can confirm this by the fact that ever since the Battle Pet packs went on sale I've been buying Gold at the "high" prices, buying cash-shop items, and then turning a large profit from the results. I'm able to do this because people don't realize just how much the sales drive up the actual value of Gold, so they refuse to pay what they think are high prices.

One thing I will agree on is that the Anni Packs have been paying out a lot of 5million coin rewards, thus injecting a ton of extra money into the economy. However, who really knows how much extra coin the game gets rid of every day? I personally sink at least a million every day through auction house fees.

Sales just boost up the process and not by any means are they the cause of it.
    The fact stays, much more coins stays in game then the amount of coins that gets drained and resolute of that boost upped price.

Now thats one reason, 2nd reason is the attachment of CS and the game.
    Example perfect hammers and cube 1mil reward.
    That will fix the gold at ~200k no matter how you QQ. You know that greed makes excellent salesman lol well this is it.

In fact anni packs is a good concept for ones spending $$, just for 1$ you get much more then with everything else.
    Cons are, no drain for the injected coins, and what i wrote above.

I am sure you can agree that if you remove just few items from the packs that make the biggest fuss it would be the greatest thing that hit the CS market so far.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'll repeat, you don't have to like something if you use it.

It would only be hypocritical if my not-selling them could effect the outcome of the event whatsoever, and it cant. My benefiting isn't keeping them here longer, theres a set date of removal.

It would be a better thread if you were contributing actual points instead of attacking people. But since I dont see that happening in the forseeable future, I should stop feeding the troll, troll hungry.
    You seem to be under the impression you have to like it in order to be a hypocrite. Liking or not liking has absolutely nothing to do with it. Fact is, you don't have to sell and profit from them, which removes whatever fault-less game you're trying to play, and that's an actual point, since I don't know or care about you, I'm attacking the actions not the person, who is taking it personally.

Benefiting greatly from anniversary packs, on your own volition (not by some invisible force vicariously making you sell/profit greatly from them), then turning around and ******** about it, that is indeed 100% hypocritical since your statements belie your actions, and you'd be in the funny position of falling into the category of what you complain about. That's the very definition of hypocrite. This discussion between you and I is like catching a kid with their hand in the cookie jar and them adamantly denying it up and down. If pointing out said hypocrisy and making an example of it is trolling, then find me my bridge, because you sure have a sensitive troll itch. b:chuckle
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You seem to be under the impression you have to like it in order to be a hypocrite. Liking or not liking has absolutely nothing to do with it. Fact is, you don't have to sell and profit from them, which removes whatever fault-less game you're trying to play, and that's an actual point, since I don't know or care about you, I'm attacking the actions not the person, who is taking it personally.

Benefiting greatly from anniversary packs, on your own volition (not by some invisible force vicariously making you sell/profit greatly from them), then turning around and ******** about it, that is indeed 100% hypocritical since your statements belie your actions, and you'd be in the funny position of falling into the category of what you complain about. That's the very definition of hypocrite. This discussion between you and I is like catching a kid with their hand in the cookie jar and them adamantly denying it up and down. If pointing out said hypocrisy and making an example of it is trolling, then find me my bridge, because you sure have a sensitive troll itch. b:chuckle

Are you trying to tell me that people should take responsibility for their actions instead of claiming someone else did it? (or made them do it, or that they were not doing because xyz even though they were doing it)

That view will not be very popular around here....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Sales just boost up the process and not by any means are they the cause of it.
    The fact stays, much more coins stays in game then the amount of coins that gets drained and resolute of that boost upped price.
    Except that on Sanctuary deflation was what was happening. Gold was getting cheaper and cheaper, even though players were reaching the highest levels, loading up on loot, raking in TW bonuses, completing Gamma, etc..., etc...

Again, the facts just don't match the theory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It's like having to take a **** when you're already in bed. You don't want to get up and go because the bed is comfortable and outside of the covers is cold, but you end up going anyway because well, you gotta take that **** and it feels damn good as you let it out. Am I a hypocrite for preferring to not have to have nature call in the first place while I'm in bed?

That's how packs are

On one hand we play the game and bemoan the fact that playing the game more or less no longer allows you to catch up to the gold prices, on the other hand we make profit off of it while not playing the game, but we would still rather prefer that playing the game be profitable as before.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It's like having to take a **** when you're already in bed. You don't want to get up and go because the bed is comfortable and outside of the covers is cold, but you end up going anyway because well, you gotta take that **** and it feels damn good as you let it out. Am I a hypocrite for preferring to not have to have nature call in the first place while I'm in bed?

That's how packs are

On one hand we play the game and bemoan the fact that playing the game more or less no longer allows you to catch up to the gold prices, on the other hand we make profit off of it while not playing the game, but we would still rather prefer that playing the game be profitable as before.

Wouldn't the case of the AnyPacks actualy be people choosing to take that **** while never leaving the bed? It would still feels good and comfy and warm for a few moments, until later in the evening, with it starts to smell horrible and gets very uncomfortable since you would be lying on a wet spot.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Wouldn't the case of the AnyPacks actualy be people choosing to take that **** while never leaving the bed? It would still feels good and comfy and warm for a few moments, until later in the evening, with it starts to smell horrible and gets very uncomfortable since you would be lying on a wet spot.

i don't think you can say that my token merchanting is driving gold prices up. 15 tokens are sold for much less than AnyPacks, people don't drive up gold and buy packs in anticipation of drawing and subsequently selling tokens. They are selling at a tremendous loss. My buying of tokens cannot be biting me in the **** in the form of high gold prices, thus, i leave the bed to ****

but for some, the analogy is right. they like the packs yet complain about gold prices. i guess i don't enjoy the packs more than i enjoy the tokens. packs and tokens have a very separate value at the moment
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Except that on Sanctuary deflation was what was happening. Gold was getting cheaper and cheaper, even though players were reaching the highest levels, loading up on loot, raking in TW bonuses, completing Gamma, etc..., etc...

Again, the facts just don't match the theory.

idk about your server, but when i got my self in gold trading system, each week gold went up a bit (1-2k) prior the sales that made us all QQ xD
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I don't really mind the anni packs, they lower the token price and makes my herb yuanxiao's cheaper ! Anni packs ftw ! That's about the only advantage for me lol.
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • __Akantos__ - Sanctuary
    __Akantos__ - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Arn't they ANNIVERSARY packs? Seems to be a VERY long anniversary.
    Just thought i'd put that out there.
    If you want to keep them could you make them 5 gold each, they are messing with (I don't know about the other servers) Sanctuarys economy, making cheap things expensive and expensive things cheap.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Arn't they ANNIVERSARY packs? Seems to be a VERY long anniversary.
    Just thought i'd put that out there.
    If you want to keep them could you make them 5 gold each, they are messing with (I don't know about the other servers) Sanctuarys economy, making cheap things expensive and expensive things cheap.

Get with the program. Anni packs are leaving next tuesday (a week from today), the black friday packs will go on sale tomorrow. Please feel free to use the term ANYPACKS when referring to all current and future packs :P
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Umm... packs are gone?
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Umm... packs are gone?

I have a feeling they messed up the removal of the packs with this upgrade as well... That means that they may be making a comeback soon.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lols...part IV
    b:chuckle
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lols...part IV
    b:chuckle

At this point, I am not even sure where the all pee in bed thing would fall.... This is getting really wierd
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Now i am gonna QQ .... this overkill .... ppl would guess you would not do such a thing on that day......
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Happy anniversary!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    And say welcome to "The Black Friday Box sale"

It will run from November 25th at 1:00am Server Time until January 1st at 1:00am Server Time!

So I guess everyone will be happy : No more annipacks b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Gold is 600k ea on Sanctuary.
    If it hits a mil ea i am going to take a screenshot
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flugal - Sanctuary
    Flugal - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I jst wanna talk to someone
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Umm... packs are gone?

packs only went away on the west coast servers never went away on the east.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Flugal - Sanctuary
    Flugal - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    will you talk to me
This discussion has been closed.