Anniversary Pack Discussion

Options

Comments

• Fuzznutts - Sanctuary
    Fuzznutts - Sanctuary Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You know it's kinda funny, my girlfriend told me that when she hears the song "Funhouse" she thinks of PWI. I actually listened to it the other day, and I almost have to agree with her, the song kinda fits lol...b:faint
    If we always do what we've always done,
    We'll always get what we've always got~ (Unknown)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BladesFury - Heavens Tear
    BladesFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I do find it interesting that PWI could only wait a whole 13 days before putting the packs back into the CS. What anniversary are we celebrating this time? Too soon PWI...clearly too soon. September revenue must have spiked more than projected and the following decline in CS sales must have been lower than projected. This honestly makes me wonder if the game is on the downslide and PWE is milking everything they can while the player base is still here. Not flaming, just saying.

b:surrender

welcome to the truth (or not, you decide)

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=419612&page=7
  • Pint - Dreamweaver
    Pint - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    to open the chest of coins and get 1million coins you have to buy the cash shop hammer which is currently worth 2.5million? b:laugh

This is a really good statment imo. Possibly not in right thread but it certainly would be nice if some how some way PW gave u a way to get a hammer without going throu the boutiqe? I dont think this should be easy by any stretch of the imagination but make it possible???

And yea certainly some people have godly gear due to spending loads of money out of pocket already but so what? A coulpe of godly geared individuals wont win in TW against an entire faction. Helps am sure but its not like its complete domination. 1vs1 on the other hand yea lol thats going to hurt.

But I must agree with many of you that if we are to have these packs back np, but please turn Duke off /pleads
  • Belkas - Lost City
    Belkas - Lost City Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

I also think that part of the problem with F2P is that there are always going to be more ppl playing for free than compared to cash shoppers. Combine that with the current economy and you have a game that is surviving on the backs of the minority. I think I may reduce my playing time until this current sale is over...it's just too tempting to buy these packs when you see all the red system messages of items won. It makes me feel like a crack head looking for a fix.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I also think that part of the problem with F2P is that there are always going to be more ppl playing for free than compared to cash shoppers. Combine that with the current economy and you have a game that is surviving on the backs of the minority.

that is true. Well, this is the market of the F2P game anyway. One would have to look into innovative ways to generate money for the maintainence cost + profit. Besides, if you drive the non paying community away, with whom will the paying players be going to play?
  • ScatterHot - Heavens Tear
    ScatterHot - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    well no matter what any1 say, i don't think it will change the fact that the packs are out already, and all i can say is... Quitting is the best way to solve this problem....sigh....
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I do find it interesting that PWI could only wait a whole 13 days before putting the packs back into the CS. What anniversary are we celebrating this time? Too soon PWI...clearly too soon. September revenue must have spiked more than projected and the following decline in CS sales must have been lower than projected.

My opinion is that once you buy the game, there's nothing left to buy... except maybe dragon orbs. But people were +12-ing stuff before the packs, so, yeah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KillerMcD - Heavens Tear
    KillerMcD - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Since this is the Anni event all over again, i like the idea someone posted for having double exp weekends again too. A increase in drop rates of certain items would be awesome as well. Better yet make the anni packs a boss drop in game.
    Out of all the things I have lost over the years, I miss my mind the most.
  • Malley - Lost City
    Malley - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Today.

I tried to play, but I got about 5 minutes in and just thought to myself "what's the point? =/". Seriously, this last move by pwi was actually pretty insulting.

pretty much sums it up
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    that is true. Well, this is the market of the F2P game anyway. One would have to look into innovative ways to generate money for the maintainence cost + profit. Besides, if you drive the non paying community away, with whom will the paying players be going to play?

yeah pw is a F2P...

but it rather means free to PAY...

back to topic the most disgusting thing about the anniversary pack is that it is GAMBLING... b:shocked
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Belkas - Lost City
    Belkas - Lost City Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

I agree 100% with you Blades, we need a mix of both free players and CS players and this is the way F2P works. However, I think it is evident that there are way more free players at this time in PWI which is why the packs are back to entice those free players to pay.
  • ILIKETOSELL - Lost City
    ILIKETOSELL - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    And everyone else in this thread is assuming that the majority of the people that play this game is upset. And that the minority that post in the forums represent the player base.

So everyone is assuming something, usualy something that validates how they feel......
    80-90% of my freinds list has quit by now, you call that a minority?

Oh but of course that's not the entire population of the game so of course my arguement is invalid right? right?

Have you ever conducted a survey? Hmm? When a business conducts a survey, say, to see how customers feel about a certain product, they don't ask every single customer/potential customer do they? They take a small portion of potential customers with varying demographics and that portion represents their target group as a whole, because it's simply impossible to ask everyone in your target group.

If 90% of forums users disagree with these packs, then I find it safe to say aproximately 90% of people in-game do not support these packs as well.
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    People who leave this game just because of anniversary packs are cry babies that keep going on omg the in game economy is ruined,ya IN GAME. Clearly the people who spend there money on these things are the not so very smart people no one has to buy them like no one has to buy charms and other stuff you chose to do so. If you don't buy gold then the gold prices will go down but clearly idiots seem to play this game.

Like my leader said in my guild,"the strong go on why the weak stay behind"!!!!
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    People who leave this game just because of anniversary packs are cry babies that keep going on omg the in game economy is ruined,ya IN GAME. Clearly the people who spend there money on these things are the not so very smart people no one has to buy them like no one has to buy charms and other stuff you chose to do so. If you don't buy gold then the gold prices will go down but clearly idiots seem to play this game.

So people who spend money on the game aren't smart now?

That generalization isn't going to make you any friends here...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You know it's kinda funny, my girlfriend told me that when she hears the song "Funhouse" she thinks of PWI. I actually listened to it the other day, and I almost have to agree with her, the song kinda fits lol...b:faint

That's gonna be the second song I listen to when I quit. So What is first. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lucy___ - Sanctuary
    Lucy___ - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well i was so happy that the first anniversary event was over and now the same again...if i ever will get my tt-mats for my armor with that high gold prices??? i have to grind a lot of weeks or month to get the coins for the mats b:angry
    It makes no fun to play only for grinding to get enough coins for paying the stuff you need...not with that prices...

so if pwi wants to have back the anniversary packs for a further month so they shall increase the amount of coins you can drop from mobs and also the sale price of the DQ drops at the npc during that event.

and the oracle scrolls should be removed from the AP's because too many ppl are going camping near that DQ bosses for hours or days or weeks >.< and so other ppl have to wait days or weeks till they can use their scrolls. I've seen ppl there which had over 500 oracle scrolls b:shocked

I think that the developers can't get new ideas to make the game more enjoyable so they bring back that stuff which the ppl bought mostly, and that were the anniversary packs...

but...why the hell do so many ppl buy these packs when so many players voted that they hate these packs and don't wants to have them back? i really can't understand this b:cry

i also bought some packs in the beginning but it were only 10 packs...
    i think it's not only the gm's mistake for bringing them back..but rather the players which are still buying them....

btw: for that money i spend in pwi till yet, i could play a.ion for 2 years....
    you can buy so much in pwi but how often do you will get that what you really wanted? everything is random here..you need more luck than judgement >.<
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

and i thought i made my final post...

this is a "Get With The Times, Or Get Left Behind" moment in pw.

sure you dont have to buy anything in game, can wear npc gear and use level 60 pots forever. Will you be able to PVP with everyone else?
    NO, unless you like being one-shotted every time. If thats the case, more power to you. Have fun being an easy target, as well as called a noob and such by the people that kill you. I bet that will be fun for you.
    The reason gold is being bought so much is because this sale is introduced as a limited time offer. If this sale lasted forever, there wouldnt be a need to buy as much as you possibly can before time runs out. Thats the genius behind these packs.. they told us is was only for a month the first time. So everyone went out and got as much as they possibly could before the time ran out. We'll, here we are again.. a second time and guess what.. its also a limited time offer. FOR HOW LONG PW? till we see these packs again? next month? I wouldn't be surprised.
    So have fun thinking your all smart by not buying gold.... i tried that the first time we had this sale. It didnt matter one bit.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yep I love how people say gold isn't neccessary. They obviously haven't done PvP charmless with unrefined gear.

b:laugh i have lots of timesb:victory
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • Bobimaster - Heavens Tear
    Bobimaster - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    anniversary pack = game destruction pack
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    never give up! If you can look in the future never look back!
  • Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver
    Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Then please go play that failed game then,IMO perfect world international is way better then that game.

Agreed. And Lucy or whatever shouldn't be avoiding the word filters, anyways.

And now my two cents. I was going to stay away from this, but what the heck. Re-adding the anni packs is an obvious show of PWI/PWE, whoever, trying to milk the cash cow. But that's okay I guess. It doesn't really bother me. Wait, gold prices at 500k? Seriously? Oh hell...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well i was so happy that the first anniversary event was over and now the same again...if i ever will get my tt-mats for my armor with that high gold prices??? i have to grind a lot of weeks or month to get the coins for the mats b:angry

Or you could just go into TT and grind for the mats themselves and get them much sooner than a month...
    and the oracle scrolls should be removed from the AP's because too many ppl are going camping near that DQ bosses for hours or days or weeks >.< and so other ppl have to wait days or weeks till they can use their scrolls.

So you want them to remove Oracle scrolls so other people can't have them so you can do yours?

Yeah, I'm with the others here, go play that game you got around the filter to say (which is bannable).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I agree 100% with you Blades, we need a mix of both free players and CS players and this is the way F2P works. However, I think it is evident that there are way more free players at this time in PWI which is why the packs are back to entice those free players to pay.

yeap, but having 2 ani packs back to back is really pushing the limits, i agree, we need more paying customers, but not at the expense of driving away the F2P players.
    yeah pw is a F2P...

back to topic the most disgusting thing about the anniversary pack is that it is GAMBLING... b:shocked

thumbs up

and to the trolls above, keep it to topic, or cant you at least read what the title is before jamming those keypads of urs?
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Get back on topic guys and take your discussion to pms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Options
    to get the conversation back to topic..

yeap, but having 2 ani packs back to back is really pushing the limits, i agree, we need more paying customers, but not at the expense of driving away the F2P players.
    yeah pw is a F2P...

thumbs up

Or you could just go into TT and grind for the mats themselves and get them much sooner than a month...

So you want them to remove Oracle scrolls so other people can't have them so you can do yours?

Yeah, I'm with the others here, go play that game you got around the filter to say (which is bannable).
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Last warning guys. Stop this nonsense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Winddagger - Harshlands
    Winddagger - Harshlands Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Take the Anni Packs Off the Boutiques, I had enough of constant annoyance from the Duke, and i bet tons of people do as well....plus the consistence of 1-3 players always...ALWAYS getting there names shouted every 2 seconds annoys the **** outta people -.-

I myself am a gold buyer, and I say take it down geez, Its horrible =.=, once is good enough, now bring it back...Stop torturing us =.=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roar of the dragon, burning with my soul
    Shall hear the tremor and fear in the shadows
    Let my darkness of my heart consume you all
    Your insanity is my sanity, let it eat away at your soul
    The blitz of the firery night ...
  • Yuufa - Heavens Tear
    Yuufa - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Xarfox and all the GMs, you guys really need to tell the boss over there to fire the marketing team if there's one.

Serious businesses go for projected and long term constant growth and not spikes.

Thats the problem there, these free to play mmo's are designed with a limited lifespan in mind, leech as much money in the 2 years the ganme is popular as fast as possible, cuase by then they will have a new game entering the market letting pw die, and reaping the same **** from the new game

Really thats how i see it, with graphics technology and pc's improving all the time theres only so long they can flogg a dated game for, so they reap as quick as they cane while working on something new. If they dont have something new theres another 50 mmo company's who DO have something "breathtaking" that will steal PW players away.
    I have no use for signatures... hypocrisy aside xD
  • Winddagger - Harshlands
    Winddagger - Harshlands Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Thats the problem there, these free to play mmo's are designed with a limited lifespan in mind, leech as much money in the 2 years the ganme is popular as fast as possible, cuase by then they will have a new game entering the market letting pw die, and reaping the same **** from the new game

Really thats how i see it, with graphics technology and pc's improving all the time theres only so long they can flogg a dated game for, so they reap as quick as they cane while working on something new. If they dont have something new theres another 50 mmo company's who DO have something "breathtaking" that will steal PW players away.

This fact is so true, I my self am a game hopper before and i seen it happen continuously to many gaming companies, ridiculous how they just " throw out the trash" and expect us to clean it or follow them to the ends of the earth to leech more money in there new games o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roar of the dragon, burning with my soul
    Shall hear the tremor and fear in the shadows
    Let my darkness of my heart consume you all
    Your insanity is my sanity, let it eat away at your soul
    The blitz of the firery night ...
  • Brentena - Heavens Tear
    Brentena - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    make the packs go away b:shocked

how could we possibly miss out the first time, they've been here for a month and after 2 weeks they're back as if they've been gone for ages!

pls not until november, start an awesome halloween event instead
  • AzaraxGore - Harshlands
    AzaraxGore - Harshlands Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Give it up you guys. I read a few pages back that they GMs/Mods probably just made this to have use keep all the QQing and complaining in one thread. Yeah they may read it, and yeah they're edit/delete/move etc etc any posts they wish. But I've yet to see any REAL response to why the devs still have these packs out.

It's pointless to go at it with other players over stupid ego boosts that I've seen some of the HL and LC players doing. Stop it with your immature feats and go do something more productive than bother someone you don't even know.

Go back to your server forums or better yet stop posting on the forums and get back to work, your boss will be pissed when he sees your internet cookies/history list. b:victory

I've said what I had to say and I got some of what I wanted to hear from Spoons, I'm somewhat satisfied with it but I'd much rather have my "Lottery" idea put into play.

Make some of those people with Lunar and Frost stuff lose it all in a game of chance just like how they got it. Make the CS'ers line your wallets more as you take away something precious and dear to them. I bet that'll keep the game entertaining and make it worth while to see that red text from Duke Blacke. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.