Bms vs. Barbs -Major Respect Lack

archalo
archalo Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Personally i've been wondering this. Why are bms treated so poorly. One day im out farming and there's people who needed a bh51 tank badly. So on the third tele i decided to help them i am a 8x bm. Next thing you know the lead sees my class and kicks me from the squad. Where the hell is the respect?? Did they expect a barb or veno herc? They're lucky to have even gotten a tank. I want some of those people to post here why they look down on bms so much as unable to pvp or tank. 1st was the one where sword bms were no good until eventually the high ones started to own all the other classes easy and now alot of people are dissing bms as no good for tanks. Btw is this happening just on the harshland server? On a later note to all the noobs on harshlands server - since barb culti is broken for most new barbs who dont have tiger form and only one skill. Appreciate the help of bms. We dont havta help you get your quests done at all. Respect people cuz to raise a barbs phys def up to tank level you need both bm and cleric buffs. Barbs aint no tank class without us and if anyone says they rule pvp it's a lie. Bms wont die as fast as barbs proven fact i killed a demon barb while i was at level 81. Can someone give me a good reason why these these 5x 6x 7x noobs are all dissing bm class? They've played long enough they should've learned by now.

P.s. - Stevvo on harshlands plz redo your class/character. If you can't respect the class you even play than don't play it all thank you.
Post edited by archalo on

Comments

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well, you're potentially not as good a tank as an equal levlled barb.

But geeze, an 8x in 51? You're more than good enough. Certainly better than a 6x herc.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I can tank most of 51 and im a freaking cleric b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    An 8X bm should have no problem tanking that, although a barb will always be the better tank. I had a lvl 80 BM tank Qiangi in BH59 and our party got wiped. Plus its much harder to steal aggro from a good level barb
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
    edited September 2009
    An 8X bm should have no problem tanking that, although a barb will always be the better tank. I had a lvl 80 BM tank Qiangi in BH59 and our party got wiped. Plus its much harder to steal aggro from a good level barb

Hard to steal agro from a BM 10 lvls higher then u also and even harder when they have alpha male
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • archalo
    archalo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The thing is it isn't just me. I've heard people taunting bms as fails all around the server. Even some of the bms on my friends list were kicked from squads or not invited to fbs becuase of their class. This isn't right to be getting all this hate on a single class. The dumbest thing so far was my friend getting uninvited to a bh29 as last slot and he was 88 and even told them. Any easier way to say soloable bh? Anyway i want to hear their excuses for hating bms. Not just lil things like bm ewwww bye bye. Lolz ty to all those who understand but to those who don't please learn because people who have dissed me have not gotten any help from me, and in fact if they need a boss and im the tank. It's either me or them and i don't like doing that but you gotta respect or else in the future most bms are going to have you kicked from squad or leave if you dissed them before. Learn and don't make enemies it comes at a bad price.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Hard to steal agro from a BM 10 lvls higher then u also and even harder when they have alpha male
    I've managed to do it.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    They are idiots. I'd love see them running around like chickens with their heads cut off when 1 mob in 51 gets away from the barb or when patrols come alone and barb's roar is in CD. 51 is BM friendly since it's not wined and there are patrols everywhere. I tanked 51 in higher 60's. Sure, a same lvl barb will be the better tanker, but if you are 8X then ffs, they are idiots for not taking you. Even more idiotic if they don't have a barb already. Sure, we can't hold aggro as well, but Alpha Male helps and good DD's know how to attack differently depends on the tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009

A barb can only keep aggro by spamming his aggro skills, and even then will lose aggro to a same level BM if they don't hold back. In fact, only way a good BM loses aggro, is if a barb uses their aggro grab skills. If they stick with normal damage dealing ones, they will never take aggro. And a good BM won't be losing aggro to any other DD, unless there is a serious equipment power difference.

EDIT: Also, be happy when they boot you out of there group for being a BM. Chances are if they don't realize a BM can tank it, then they are really terrible players with no knowledge of the game. It's why they are looking for specific classes that are 30+ levels higher than needed; it makes up for their inability to play. So they do as the stereotypes tell them to; is this the kind of people you would actually have fun playing with?
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    only thing you need to tank as a bm is unmmm that agro genie skill, cant remember it atm.

Other then that your fine i think unless you have archers or wizards activily trying to steal agro your fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Tangent: At what level can a Blademaster tank FB70, with 1 cleric?

I ask for purposes of organizing BH squads.
  • Lady - Harshlands
    Lady - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think it's probably because you keep saying "dis, dissing, and dissed" every 5 seconds and it's 2009.
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2009

i had a lvl 89 bm tank my fb70's need your cleric to be good tho, not a low lvl 7x.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
    edited September 2009
    i had a lvl 89 bm tank my fb70's need your cleric to be good tho, not a low lvl 7x.

With 2 clerics, can you have a lower level Blademaster tank?
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Are you talking about fb 69 or fb 79?
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Fb69 / Fb70.
  • shlomo2
    shlomo2 Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    As my main account is banned I made another to post here but ended up trying harshlands with a new character. well... I've got to tell you SEVERAL of the highest levels and highest ranked PKers are newbies compared to the "carebears" I used to play with. Considering this I think it's perfectly normal to get kicked/denied when joining FB, BH and TT.

@Mizorie
    I don't think that BM would lose aggro to a much lower lvl archer.
    I'm King_Solomon, from Heaven's Tear server.

If you're willing to join another online game, do NOT join any game hosted by K2 NETWORK. Wanna know why? See BBB complaints.
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i think you can use a lvl 7x bm to tank fb69 if s/he has enough hp
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    archalo wrote: »
    One day im out farming and there's people who needed a bh51 tank badly. So on the third tele i decided to help them i am a 8x bm. Next thing you know the lead sees my class and kicks me from the squad. Where the hell is the respect?? Did they expect a barb or veno herc?
    Are you sure you were kicked because of your class? My guess is the leader got a pm from a lower level tank, and kicked you to improve the chance of getting drops.
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I had a lvl 80 BM tank Qiangi in BH59 and our party got wiped.

Most likely it was the cleric's or the DD's (in case of stealing aggro) fault. Every non fail lvl80 BM should be able to tank FB59 bosses without a hitch.
    I've managed to do it.

As a DD you have to know when/how to hold back your damage. b:bye
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I know plenty of BMs and archers that know how to tank, that know how to DD with a barb holding aggro, and know how to pull and *assist* the squad - like every member should.

As I barb, I know that my life depends on the rest of my squad, not just me alone. I depend on them, and they depend on me. I respect BM's and archers until they prove to me otherwise.

That said, I've been partywiped more often by BM's who thought they can tank and archers "only there for the crits" more than any other reason.

Maybe they've had bad experiences too, and prefer not to gamble with their exp. Their loss.

Then again, if you want to be a tank, roll a barb.

RedMenace

\just prefers a good crew, that admits when they don't know something
    \\I sure do, if I don't know something
    \\\still snorting at the last squad of venos from the weekend
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2009

at my lvl i have tanked it, basically any bm 80+ cans, never knew about a 7x doing it though (about other fbs like 59 or 79, we can tank them at their same lvl)

getting on the topic, this is sooo true sometimes, ive had to BEG so they let me tank a boss that i dont need, everybody says: "OH is a BM dont let him tank" of course i dont want to tank sometimes, but, come on, i can tank almost every boss except maybe krimson and manta.
    im hoping all the noobs who see this will get more respect to bms, is really annoying to always get ignored cus barbs can hold aggro better
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited September 2009

As a DD you have to know when/how to hold back your damage. b:bye

Perhaps but would I rather have a BM who I have to sit there and hold back my damage and take longer to kill the monster or have a barb that unless I actually try to steal aggro I don't have to hold back?

All it takes to steal aggro from a BM is a good series of crits.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Perhaps but would I rather have a BM who I have to sit there and hold back my damage and take longer to kill the monster or have a barb that unless I actually try to steal aggro I don't have to hold back?

Barb is preferred of course, but you preference has nothing to do with "know when/how to hold back your damage".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
    edited September 2009

Same can be said for a barb tanking but as a DD ur job is to make sure u dont pull agro just like when the barb pulls multiple mobs its his job to grab agro on all before i heal if he doesnt his death. I rant on but in simple if the squad knows what they r doing *cough* not u *cough* then BM can tank easy.

And 80+ BM can tank just make sure cleric purify ASAP unlike a barb BM can only take 2 or 3 hits with the debuffs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Bm's can tank fine, the biggest problem is the other squad members not being willing to adapt their style to suit.

DD's just need to control their dmg output, hey it might take 5mins longer to kill a boss, but thats better than waiting an extra 30+ mins to find a barb tank.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Only the other day I had a 6x cleric tell me that I'd "better never tank, ever" because my calamities were burning me and she "didn't trust it"

I have 5700 hp unbuffed, I've tanked krimson, tt's, fb59, fb69 and a huge list of other bosses. Krimson was interesting too, I was at lv77, with a watching cleric saying "she'd wait around to rez us after" a barb saying "he'd watch for fun" another barb who just lol'd and my own team calling it "suicide".

I actually pump my hp a little higher than most BM's purely because I want to be able to survive longer and be of as much help as possible to my faction and friends. Yes I could have rolled a barb, but I like the BM class a lot.

tbh, I know well a good barb my level is a better tank and archers and wiz WILL rob my agro, if there's a barb there I will step down and DD (that's what I love about the BM class, multi-purpose lol), but sometimes the barb just plain sucks or cleric hiccups (I've taken many bosses and tanked them fully after the barb died) or a barb simply isn't available (very common)

Best bh squad I ever went on was a 5 bm 1 cleric squad. Absolutely mauled that bh. Continuous roar-aoe lock on mobs. The problem is so many BM's don't know their class that we're kinda given a bad name =/
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Spoken like a true noob.

As a DD it is your responsibility to make sure that you don't out aggro the tank. Bottom line. Sometimes you can't always come across a barb, so what do you do? You make the best with what you have, and that means a lot of times you go in with a BM tank. A pro squad doesn't have any problems with this. Having to hold back is much better than causing your party to wipe or not getting anything done at all because you kicked your BM tank out of the squad. When I play my cleric I do tend to prefer a barb tank, ;D but as a pro cleric I have absolutely no problem healing a BM for the same job so long as it gets done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    archalo wrote: »
    Personally i've been wondering this. Why are bms treated so poorly. One day im out farming and there's people who needed a bh51 tank badly. So on the third tele i decided to help them i am a 8x bm. Next thing you know the lead sees my class and kicks me from the squad. Where the hell is the respect?? Did they expect a barb or veno herc? They're lucky to have even gotten a tank. I want some of those people to post here why they look down on bms so much as unable to pvp or tank. 1st was the one where sword bms were no good until eventually the high ones started to own all the other classes easy and now alot of people are dissing bms as no good for tanks. Btw is this happening just on the harshland server? On a later note to all the noobs on harshlands server - since barb culti is broken for most new barbs who dont have tiger form and only one skill. Appreciate the help of bms. We dont havta help you get your quests done at all. Respect people cuz to raise a barbs phys def up to tank level you need both bm and cleric buffs. Barbs aint no tank class without us and if anyone says they rule pvp it's a lie. Bms wont die as fast as barbs proven fact i killed a demon barb while i was at level 81. Can someone give me a good reason why these these 5x 6x 7x noobs are all dissing bm class? They've played long enough they should've learned by now.

P.s. - Stevvo on harshlands plz redo your class/character. If you can't respect the class you even play than don't play it all thank you.

Then what we are?b:lipcurl

Are you sureb:puzzled

Only two things could happened, or that barb was a n00b or you ganked himb:chuckle

Barbs = huge hp die slow got agro skills
    Bms = low hp die faster doesnt have agro skills

Now about you being kiked on a FB51 at your level its not BM problem cause they tank it easily.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    BM's are ok, it's all about what can kill something, not what's optimal. That said, I prefer a barb, I can outaggro a BM about as easily as I outaggro my pet, but that's to be expected really, barb>all for tanking.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Then what we are?b:lipcurl

Are you sureb:puzzled

Only two things could happened, or that barb was a n00b or you ganked himb:chuckle

Barbs = huge hp die slow got agro skills
    Bms = low hp die faster doesnt have agro skills

Now about you being kiked on a FB51 at your level its not BM problem cause they tank it easily.

... or maybe the barb didn't have a charm on him and couldn't hit the bm because his accuracy sucked... :/ I swear you guys never think of this stuff...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
This discussion has been closed.