"Legends" of Sanctuary

Options
lesspewpewmoreqq
lesspewpewmoreqq Posts: 24 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
So I read something interesting on one of the threads here on the sanctuary server symposium. Someone was referring to people as "legends" of sanctuary. Throw you nominations of these so called "legends" of sanctuary here, both past and present b:victory

Here are my votes:

Nistara - probably one of the best pk'ers of his time. A name known throughout the entire server, hated and respected by many. Left for another game many months ago.

LadyCam - a very controversial vote here. Was a straight up a-hole but one of the best and thoughest venos i've ever met. Left after the duke rose set glitch

Geogaddi - former war tactician of Nefarious. Some considered him a genius, others considered him a pompous jacka**. Either way, a legend in his time. Left after the duke rose set glitch

Crystalized - Former highest veno of the server. Complete monopoly of the rare pet market at the beginning of the server. Probably one of the richest ppl on the server. One of the coolest people ever. Left for RL reasons

Sinanju - Top cleric of the server. Considered one of the best PvE clerics on the server and a b**ch to kill in PvP. Still farting around in game.

SayuriSasaki - sorry if i misspelled that. Original leader of Nefarious. Hated my many but cannot be discredited for his accomplishments on this server. Left for RL issues

PurpleScar - monster pvp'er. monster gears. Would probably have been the top veno on the server if he/she hadn't left. Left for [reasons i do not know]

DarkRings - married to the monster above. Was one of the top barbs in the server. PvP dominator. Switched his build for TW and became unstoppable. Left for [reasons i do not know]

Ayano-chan - top pker in the server. Became infamous with his rants and taunts in PK but can not deny his mastery in his class. Left for anniversay patch.

sarendena - biggest mouth sanctuary has ever seen. Was known throughout the land for his full dex + refinement 10 xbow build. Hated by many but still a "notorious" legend in his time. Left for [reason i do not know]

xAsch - monster HP with equally monster gear. Was leader of the biggest underdog story of sanctuary. Left for RL reasons.

Aco - another big mouth in WC. One of the best outfitted venos during his time. Left for duke rose gold glitch

the MisTi's - can never find one without the other. RL couple who have dominated the top lvl rankings since the beginning. Left or still around, not sure.

dietyofrain - a no name that appeared one day in the server and almost over night popped up on the top three lvl ranking. Was accused of botting and/or multiple people playing. Either way, fastest lvler ever in sanctuary history. Left for Harshlands.

Templar - highest barb in the server. Highest HP in the server. Best gear in the server and a near impossible to kill cat puller in TW. Still farting around in server.

Heleina - was highest veno in the server. His nix was hated throughout the pvp world and one of the slickest venos in pk. Left for [reasons i do not know]

Zeline - one of the highest wizzies of the server at her time. Master of the market and crazy rich, giving her monster gear. Left for RL reasons

eacher - one of the best archers during his day. respected by many. Left for [reason i do not know].

unibow - another top quality archer back in the day. Left to make a veno. Status unknown.

boynxtduh - gosh so many archers...lol. Currently top archer in the server. Real fast leveler and a very painful archer when facing the tip of his arrows. Still farting around in game.

Akasera - was one of the tactical geniuses of Legendary back in the utmost prime. Leader of Legendary at one point and a top notch veno. Left or leaving...?
BlackyBetty - one of the highest venos at the time he still played and also one of the best veno pkers that actually shined before nixes were implemented. Had the same caution instinct as me of hitting "T" button non-stop in case of gangs since he refused to turn pk off despite being in a PVE server b:chuckle . Oh ya ,1 more thing : UGLY CHARACTER !!!! the final redish look was very good but that was a little before he quit :P . Left for harshlands.
..sorry for forgetting you blacky >.<

imakeyouqq wrote: »
Vincent_son - best pvp cleric on sanctuary and good in pve as well.Fast reactions,knowing what to do,who to take out 1st w/o being told to do so,like I usually have to tell every1 in my squad what to do when pking...kill who etc which is annoying when being focus fired by 3-4 ppl,he also knew when to throw a couple of heals and rebuff when needed ,never needed to tell him to do anything. He quit a while ago though,and there went another leet pker I could work with.

zzzKyantezzz - he's actually one of the few bms that know's to utilize his class well,he's one of the few that could do the bm job and keep off me enough for me to do my job :P He's quitting due to anni packs I think.

BuriedBladeX - I didn't pk with him much,just against him when I was lower but I know he's as good or even better than kyan. Idk if he's quitting or not.

forgot about these three buttheads xD
TheDan - highest hp bm..leader of regi..still around

endZpk - never white (or blue) named, big mouth..if u were looking for him...u shud go to sp!he was always there..i dun get in what point he was lvling/TTing lol!!BM
i feel the BM love
Swoosh.

Didnt know much about her, since I didnt know much about her faction.
how could i forget swooosh. Leader of Carebears (this is of course, the original swooosh)
Asterelle(fitting color ain't it? :D ) - Official PWI jester,pro forum troll,huge archer fan,girl at heart b:cute,flat chested character. Was leader of legendary since Akasera passed it to him till the anniversary packs.
...lol, miss you 'elle xD

..cant think of anymore. gotta get back to work xD. Fill in the rest ye people of sanctuary b:cute
Post edited by lesspewpewmoreqq on

Comments

• TheHunter_ - Sanctuary
    TheHunter_ - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    TheDan - highest hp bm..leader of regi..still around

endZpk - never white (or blue) named, big mouth..if u were looking for him...u shud go to sp!he was always there..i dun get in what point he was lvling/TTing lol!!BM
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Of all those people listed, I've only know of Ayano_Chan, boynxtduh, and Templar.

And I hear my faction talk about xAsch [were former guildmates of his]. Damn, I feel new to this game. >.<
    Belligero
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    We have enough egoism on this server. Begone ye thread of idolatry!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • lesspewpewmoreqq
    edited September 2009
    Options

why don't you like fun?

join the dsl bandwagon!
  • imakeyouqq
    imakeyouqq Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Ast is sad cuz SHE* didn't see HER* name on that list.

Here I'll do ittttttttt !!!!!!

Asterelle(fitting color ain't it? :D ) - Official PWI jester,pro forum troll,huge archer fan,girl at heart b:cute,flat chested character. Was leader of legendary since Akasera passed it to him till the anniversary packs.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Another ego thread?
    So far from reading the list being a legend equals one of these below
    -you pvp
    -you have alot of ego and pple know it
    -you are in a big faction
    -are only associated with the OP and the posters in the thread
    -you lvl fast
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Another ego thread?
    So far from reading the list being a legend equals one of these below
    -you pvp
    -you have alot of ego and pple know it
    -you are in a big faction
    -are only associated with the OP and the posters in the thread
    -you lvl fast

Isnt that how most people are recognized in games? No one recognizes or remembers some random person thats in the middle of the crowd. You have to be in the center (or the top) of the drama to become known.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Isnt that how most people are recognized in games? No one recognizes or remembers some random person thats in the middle of the crowd. You have to be in the center (or the top) of the drama to become known.

"a collection of stories about an admirable person. Today a legend can also be a person or achievement worthy of inspiring such a story—anyone or anything whose fame promises to be enduring"

This is a legend. Not someone who advertises themselves, not someone who stands smack in the middle of 1K after newly bought gear to show off, not someone who PKs anything that moves in SP or stalks them, not someone who grinds 24hrs, etc etc.

The only pple I actually see worth of noting for admireable reasons are:
    Nistara
    SayuriSasaki
    Akasera
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • imakeyouqq
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The pvpers will always shine over the carebears,fighting another human behind the PC take's allot more skill than just an npc . + in this game you waste allot of coins pvping so it's only natural that the ppl who do it will attract crowds.

I need not say that I'd probably have uber gears and be super rich by now if I never pk'ed at all,without using rl $$$. But fighting AIs from lvl 1 to 99 just ain't my style b:laugh ,I'd get bored .
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The pvpers will always shine over the carebears,fighting another human behind the PC take's allot more skill than just an npc . + in this game you waste allot of coins pvping so it's only natural that the ppl who do it will attract crowds.

I need not say that I'd probably have uber gears and be super rich by now if I never pk'ed at all,without using rl $$$. But fighting AI's from lvl 1 to 99 just ain't my style b:laugh ,I'd get bored .
    lol why you not go on your ayano avatar, thers only a handful of posters on sanc forum >_>
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    We all have different definitions of Legend, and they all seem acceptable. I was going to write in this thread, and started to, but then I realized that I felt far too inclined to include my whole Friends List, so I'm going to keep out.
  • imakeyouqq
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lol why you not go on your ayano avatar, thers only a handful of posters on sanc forum >_>

It's banned lulz,I lured jewels to lost and advertised it in wc just cuz I didn't care anymore since the last patch.Whatever happens to my character doesn't concern me anymore.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It's banned lulz,I lured jewels to lost and advertised it in wc just cuz I didn't care anymore since the last patch.Whatever happens to my character doesn't concern me anymore.
    SHAME ON YOU!!!

..........for not youtube-ing it
  • lesspewpewmoreqq
    edited September 2009
    Options

^This.

and you ask that I inputed only people that I know and associate with? Of course I did. Never was it my responsibility to keep check on everyone on the server, hence my last line, fill in the rest sanctuary.

Don't try to criticize just for the sake of critcizing. If you don't like it, don't participate. Your nose nor opinion really isn't necessary everywhere, even if you think it is. thanks
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It's banned lulz, I lured jewels to Lost and advertised it in WC just 'cuz I didn't care anymore since the last patch. Whatever happens to my character doesn't concern me anymore.

Did you actually get him inside the City? I never could Q_Q, and he's chased me there countless times.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ^This.

and you ask that I inputed only people that I know and associate with? Of course I did. Never was it my responsibility to keep check on everyone on the server, hence my last line, fill in the rest sanctuary.
    wrong name on title then
    Don't try to criticize just for the sake of critcizing. If you don't like it, don't participate. Your nose nor opinion really isn't necessary everywhere, even if you think it is. thanks
    If thats the case, nobody could post anywhere on this forum lol b:chuckle especially server forums
  • imakeyouqq
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Did you actually get him inside the City? I never could Q_Q, and he's chased me there countless times.

I tried to bring him down as much as I could but he didn't go all the way down to reach the players and AOE them b:cry .

Oh ya btw,about pvpers having more fame than others .... well all I can say is:

"The selfish blood run's through my veins,I gave up everything for fame!"

Innerpartysystem > don't stop

<3 the song,most suitable for my "PWI journey" xD . Maybe they'll start new servers so I can start another :D 4-6 months on a new pvp server after this sale is over and I'm happy,I'd get to experience what I missed on not choosing lost city server...or at least a part of it,I never cared much about late game anyway.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Oh yea. From dictionary.com:

legend:
    6. a collection of stories about an admirable person.
    7. a person who is the center of such stories:

admirable: excellent; first-rate.

Therefore, the top pkers, levelers, drama people, most known all fit into this topic.

endzpk, dan, the old dawkins?
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Oh yea. From dictionary.com:

legend:

admirable: excellent; first-rate.

Therefore, the top pkers, levelers, drama people, most known all fit into this topic.

endzpk, dan, the old dawkins?
    i kinda laughed for real no pun intended
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I lol'ed @ seeing Geogaddi's name on the list. What a stupid kid he was.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hey, stupid people make the game "fun" to play. (Although not fun to be in the same squad/faction with) Take wizzeled, or saren's world chats for example. b:chuckle
  • ZzzKyantezzz - Sanctuary
    ZzzKyantezzz - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    damn endzpk and briandawkins in there too b:laughb:laugh
  • ZzzKyantezzz - Sanctuary
    ZzzKyantezzz - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I lol'ed @ seeing Geogaddi's name on the list. What a stupid kid he was.

go back to ur sever noob b:chuckle
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    go back to ur sever noob b:chuckle

What sever? And I quit Harshlands/PWI...not fun anymore. b:surrender
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This list is missing Wizzeled and Zidane_ and BigPb:chuckle
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lol, we should give em names for their title too. So, each has a unique title. Like someone being famous for using their credit card a lot.
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This list is missing Wizzeled and Zidane_ and BigPb:chuckle

Thread is about Legends, not attention seekers. b:shocked (Excluding BigP)
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options

Well the way Legend was defined earlier was:

Legend

(I wonder what 1-5 were >_>)

And admirable was defined as; excellent and first-rate.

Certainly _Zindane is an admirable OmNomNom-er, who is the center of such stories as: "I remember when I BlackListed that guy ~_~. Damned update reset my BL!"

While we are on the subject of people of dubious distinction, lets not forget Verticoli, who was known for many things, and Tekkblade too who is still doing it big in Harshlands: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=402362 . (A Legend on two servers!)
    edited September 2009
    Options

(I wonder what 1-5 were >_>)
    Here you go. b:cute
    1. a nonhistorical or unverifiable story handed down by tradition from earlier times and popularly accepted as historical.
    2. the body of stories of this kind, esp. as they relate to a particular people, group, or clan: the winning of the West in American legend.
    3. an inscription, esp. on a coat of arms, on a monument, under a picture, or the like.
    4. a table on a map, chart, or the like, listing and explaining the symbols used. Compare key 1 (def. 8).
    5. Numismatics. inscription (def. 8).
    8. Archaic. a story of the life of a saint, esp. one stressing the miraculous or unrecorded deeds of the saint.
    9. Obsolete. a collection of such stories or stories like them.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well initially i only had 3 real pple on a serious note, but then all kinds definitions or perceptions of legends seemed acceptable from where the talk lead, even the OP only listed his own circle cause he wasnt obliged to list every single person on the server that fit to b:pleased