Untamed Cultivation Bug - post here

Comments

• Mudflo - Lost City
    Mudflo - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Um just wondering to add on and I haven't read the whole thread but....
    Is the WHOLE point of spiritual cultivation so that eventually you can become a celestial? I mean it could be cut out really couldn't it? There could just be a one off quest to become celestial. I started a Veno, then re-started a Veno, then realised that I wasn't doing anything wrong it was just messing up for all untamed this was really annoying. If it isn't too hard too cut out spirit cult then they should -the devs I mean-. I really think spirital cultivation is a waste of time and is just another part of the game at risk of annoying glitches it should be disposed of.b:angry
  • Prosh - Harshlands
    Prosh - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i have my fingers and toes crossed hoping they will fix this tonight b:cute

luckily i was away from home all weekend ~ the waiting has been easy for me so far b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Mmm noodles!
  • Kokin - Dreamweaver
    Kokin - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    What compensation are you talking about? It is FREE game. b:chuckle

Well, as aponivi says, very well:
    aponivi wrote: »
    ...Although I am not able to level up normally which makes it harder due to the lack of ability... I would like to play the game though I would like to play the game at its full extent...

So, what i meant to say was, if are we getting anything for being leveling in such hard conditions.. things like exp scrolls (if any exist) or whatever that gives us some boost leveling..

I ask this because we have been leveling slower than the normal and even in FBs i think we'll get less exp and less drops if we do them at high levels, right?

I'm new at this game but in the other FREE games i've played, when some huge bug like this happened, we usually had exp/drop events to compensate the problems we had with those bugs (it worked like an apologise).

So, even if the game is free or not, i think that the users should feel satisfied for playing it, right?
    Ah, and even in "free" games, if a user isn't satisfied he won't buy gold. If no one buys gold they won't have the funds to continue developing the game, and if this happends i'm sure the game won't be online anymore.. so the "it's a free game" doesn't work as an answer for me..b:victory
  • Capitolina - Lost City
    Capitolina - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So what i can say after reading all of this is that the developers are trying to solve the problem asap but they don't promisse that it will be solved with the next patch. Is that it?
  • KainRaynier - Heavens Tear
    KainRaynier - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ketsura wrote: »
    Hmm..Well I haven't been able to do any sprit cult. quests cause my first one disappeared from the beginning. I'm well over level 19 and well over 80 rep. I got all the darkbreed wolfkin quests (Kill 5 and get the heart) but no FB Call of Duty Xenobeast's blood quest. So I'm guessing it's because of the bug or maybe it's a whole seperate new bug lol who knows! But I just keep going on and I'll just eventually catch up when they fix it^^

oooo okay the COD is the FB? Okay well I haven't been able to get that yet *Sweatdrop* Sorry hehe i was a bit misleading in my post lol
  • Kokin - Dreamweaver
    Kokin - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm new at this game and i never done any FB, but what i found is that, with the cultivation bug u can't also do any FB because FB needs some minimum char lvl and cultivation lvl. So if u can't make the lvl 9 cultivation quest u can't either have the cutivation lvl needed to make FB.

I just hope they have this bug fixed in this next patch ^^
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2009
    So what i can say after reading all of this is that the developers are trying to solve the problem asap but they don't promisse that it will be solved with the next patch. Is that it?
    That is correct, yes.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• caitz
    caitz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Thank you for dealing with all the b.s. of the ungrateful players that whine about the bug. I was wondering how you will be alerting everyone when the bug is fixed? Also i was toled that today (tues. sept. the 8th) the bug will be getting fixed....is this right ...or true ...or is it a rumor?
  • sakkiii
    sakkiii Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Gms said they will try to have the problem fixed tonight and by wednsday morning problem fixed but no promises. :D

Btw Gms how is it looking.
    Good?
    Bad?

I really hope its the 1st one XD
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    We have just been informed it will not be fixed in tonight's patch.

Please be patient.

Sorry to be a buzzkill b:cryb:surrender
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • brentbest
    brentbest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    u kidding ? how long after this patch wat if u dont fix next week , ... u had a week to fix one prob and instead u did some other ' probs' theyre are so many people playing untamed and now they cant do a thig till next week , nicely done
  • KainRaynier - Heavens Tear
    KainRaynier - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    *sighs* Well guess i gotta wait now v.v
  • ChesireLeo - Dreamweaver
    ChesireLeo - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    then pardon me but why not roll back the damn servers? the thing is there have been so many movement glitches that came with the patch but so many people are stuck on worrying about this detail that they aren't addressing it ...my gf got stuck in between a wall and a waterfall.. i got stuck in between a wall and the edge of a pond... yes it was in etherblade and i was a human...
    b:scorn what i ask is not impossible is it? and when the problem is solved then return the new patch to the users? because as one person said this patch wasn't properly tested... if it was then we'd have less than we do now... the spiritual cultivation and movement bugs are really irritating... my gf has cancled her level 15 winged elf archer because of the glitches going on there.... she can't see text above her head, can't see fairies, and had problems seeing npcs and other players... but i could see her... it was rather rough... i have to agree that the tideborn info is cool and all.. with it being a new expansion, but with stuff like this happening i ask "is it truly worth it?"
    as you can see i'm not hounding.. just a little frustrated and trying to find a possible temporary solution...
    one thing i may never do again is fall in love... but oh well....

least i can be a lone wolf err... lion in this case and help my friends :P
    edited September 2009
    brentbest wrote: »
    u kidding ? how long after this patch wat if u dont fix next week , ... u had a week to fix one prob and instead u did some other ' probs' theyre are so many people playing untamed and now they cant do a thig till next week , nicely done
    are you completely stupid... listen.. gm means game moderator not game maker... the game developers are trying to fix it.. in the meantime users like me who have a little experience programming are trying to tell them of a possible work around... so please.. stop complaining and taking up space if you don't know what the hell your talking about... the game moderators are doing their best... you want to complain to who's responsible go talk to the developers b:laugh if you can!!b:laugh just sit tight while the experienced people take care of it.. i know i'm a level 9 barbarian right now... i deleted because of **** going on.. my winged elf was having trouble.... so was my gfs... so we had everything forwarded to our new accounts.... our untamed are wealthy now... but i still can't turn into a tigerb... do you hear me whining and asking "when is it going to be? if it's not fixed i'm quitting!"? no you don't.. because i did a little amateur programming in high school in visual basic c++ and that was for little apps like a talking mouth.. and that was hard! so imagine how these guys feel! stop complaining and think about how the gms and the gds are feeling about how much your complaining..

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    For the possible technical issues, please send in a ticket (like not being able to see genie effects, graphic effects and such) to Tech Support.

Follow the directions here for getting log files to us:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

As for the other issues, some seemingly simple things to fix can easily be broken once they are fixed without making sure other things don't get broken.

This can take more time then we'd all like, but all we can do is wait it out.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • brentbest
    brentbest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    waiting,waiting, getting bored , gonna quit,...
    edited September 2009
    For the possible technical issues, please send in a ticket (like not being able to see genie effects, graphic effects and such) to Tech Support.

Follow the directions here for getting log files to us:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

As for the other issues, some seemingly simple things to fix can easily be broken once they are fixed without making sure other things don't get broken.

This can take more time then we'd all like, but all we can do is wait it out.
    yo darth even though i am on a new account i played the game at the start of when it came out... but unfortunately i was off for a while and forgot my email and the account... but still i'm cool now.. i've always admired the developers work and i know it'll be fixed.. my gfs glitches don't occur on untamed or human ironically... listen darth i'm on your side trying to help die down the blasting from users... just be cool ok? kind of hard for me to be with people not understanding how hard programming actually is... i may not know of everything but hey.. at least i know something XD

edited September 2009
    brentbest wrote: »
    waiting,waiting, getting bored , gonna quit,...

there you go crying again.. listen if you quit you'll never see the new expansion... listen i'm upset about the bug to but i'm not crying and gonna quit over it... my motto is kankuronaisa... live today for a brighter tommorow.. the sun may set but it shall rise bringing with it a new day and age... so just be patient... all of you just be patient.. things will go more smoothly... and if you have a problem please post it politely or at least apologize for any inconvenience you are causing with your irritation.... i've had to learn this with a lot of anger problems... take it from me it's much much easier being polite and patient..

• Nevarra - Sanctuary
    Nevarra - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    At the very least, if they have it fixed before next tuesday, they should do emergency maintenance, and not make us wait an entire week. Untamed have already lost out on one double exp weekend, and at this rate, it looks like it's going to be two. I understand coding is hard and takes time, but shouldn't this be towards the top of the devs priorities?
    edited September 2009
    At the very least, if they have it fixed before next tuesday, they should do emergency maintenance, and not make us wait an entire week. Untamed have already lost out on one double exp weekend, and at this rate, it looks like it's going to be two. I understand coding is hard and takes time, but shouldn't this be towards the top of the devs priorities?

well if you consider that the bug is only affecting one race while movement glitches and graphical glitches are affecting everyone there is a lesser priority but not by much... besides like darth said glitches like this aren't easy to fix

• widgin989
    widgin989 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Just gonna have to wait, that's all there is to it. If it was a simple little bug, it would have made the patch, since it didn't I suspect there is more to it than a quick fix can handle. So give it time and just be patient.
  • sakkiii
    sakkiii Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well if you consider that the bug is only affecting one race while movement glitches and graphical glitches are affecting everyone there is a lesser priority but not by much... besides like darth said glitches like this aren't easy to fix
    Even though this bug only affects 1 race i think not having ur lvl 9 cultivation is much worst than having a movement glitch cause with those movement glitches at least u can still walk around and still get places and they dont happen that much.
    As for not having your lvl 9 cultivation means no fb19+
    You cannot get any new skills!!!
    It just ruins the gameplay so much.
    I've been waiting a week for this to get fixed x-x
    GMs can u please rush the ppl who are fixing this please because its starting to get pretty silly. I don't think I'd want to stay with 1 skill for 2 weeks.
  • _Miku_ - Lost City
    _Miku_ - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Can you give a new estimated time of when this problem will be fixed because I'm getting fed up.

Srry double post but i just changed my profile pic and new i cant edit my comment O.o
    Strange....
  • bboz
    bboz Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009

I second this !!! Do I hear all in favor?
    b:sad
  • _Miku_ - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    GMs it might be better if u gave the venos and barbs that have to suffer through this a gift ;D
    That might make the waiting less painfull and make us less irratated.

I still wana know when you think its gona be fixed tho >:O
  • hcmetal
    hcmetal Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I don't know if this question has been asked, But will we be able to redo the quest if he have such a high level?
  • Dzevad - Sanctuary
    Dzevad - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    my veno would of been like lvl 42 by now but using one skill sucks and walking slowly everywhere fcukin sucks
  • Dzevad - Sanctuary
    Dzevad - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    its one quest how can it be that hard
  • _Miku_ - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    yea no cultivation means no flying w/o zen(gold) which will also suck because now you wont be able to get more quest and lose one of the things that make perfect world so awsome. -___-

please rush it
    I mean 1 week!!! Comon!!
  • dunewidow2
    dunewidow2 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I was lvling up a Barb a while back and stoped around lvl 18 to try out the
    Veno. With all this trouble in the Cultivation quests I thought i'd see if I could get the Cultivation at lvl 19 with the barb. because he already finished the first one at lvl 9. Sure enough I got the prompt for the lvl 19 Cultivation quest.

I hope this might be able to better pinpoint the problem. Seems to me it is only the first lvl 9 Cultivation is the one that needs fixing. I'm no tech I just like to play.
This discussion has been closed.