Untamed Cultivation Bug - post here

Options

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It comes down to this.

We can't promise you anything because we aren't the devs.

The devs have told us they are working on it.

When we know, you will know.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • boombastik
    boombastik Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ah tyvm :)

but since i am a lvl 14 veno and i have all quests done shouldn't i have that skill available?
    i checked the pet npc and i dont have it in tame pet menu :(

can u plz help to understand what have i done wrong?

ty
  • Zareh - Dreamweaver
    Zareh - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You said you activated the quest (Sacred Beast) But do you remember "Doing" it? You should have gotten the meat and then gone back to the NPC and gotten 3 nets. Then you have to go where the quest says and set the nets up in the flowers. You cook the meat over the fire and an antelope type monster should pop up. You have to kill it (catch it) and then go back to the pet skill trainer. You should get the skill book as a reward
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    tyvm
    that was the problem b:surrender

i'm really sorry to bother but these quests kinda confuse me a lot b:shocked

admin: u can close the thread plz ^^
  • Zareh - Dreamweaver
    Zareh - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Its fine haha, what server are you on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IAttack - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i like how all the level 9's are sitting here qq'ing like crazy because they just made their barb/veno and put in an entire 3 hours of gameplay to realize that ALL THAT HARD WORK OF SPAMMING A SINGLE SKILL WAS FOR NOTHING. DEAR GOD, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ALL OF THOSE POOR UNTAMED??? I ASK, NO, DEMAND YOU FIX THIS ASAP OR EVEN FASTER BEFORE YOU LOSE EVERY SINGLE LEVEL 9 UNTAMED ON PWI. THEY WILL WALK.

i read all 6 pages of this, and honestly if i was a gm i think i would have banned every whiny lamer in this thread. (especially ursa) the gm's are pretty level headed for not telling everyone to just stfu and gtfo.

i really hope this makes all the glitched players quit, cuz they really seem like an extremely whiny batch of new players.
  • PanDhamon - Lost City
    PanDhamon - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i like how all the level 9's are sitting here qq'ing like crazy because they just made their barb/veno and put in an entire 3 hours of gameplay to realize that ALL THAT HARD WORK OF SPAMMING A SINGLE SKILL WAS FOR NOTHING. DEAR GOD, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ALL OF THOSE POOR UNTAMED??? I ASK, NO, DEMAND YOU FIX THIS ASAP OR EVEN FASTER BEFORE YOU LOSE EVERY SINGLE LEVEL 9 UNTAMED ON PWI. THEY WILL WALK.

i read all 6 pages of this, and honestly if i was a gm i think i would have banned every whiny lamer in this thread. (especially ursa) the gm's are pretty level headed for not telling everyone to just stfu and gtfo.

i really hope this makes all the glitched players quit, cuz they really seem like an extremely whiny batch of new players.

I like how this person thinks they have the authority to pretend that there is anyone in the right or wrong on this issue.

GM's, I would like to issue an extreme thanks on behalf of all players, both new and old, that have made complaints about the untamed lvl 9 culti bug. You guys have taken our **** quite well, and your patience is outstanding.

Now here is how this works. On one end, we the players have a right to complain. Many of us are actual customers, who have used real money for this game. Not everyone plays for free, IAttack, so that means that the customers who actually pay for a service, and don't get it, are well within their right to complain.

On the other hand, the GM's aren't the ones who can fix the problem. They only know what their superiors tell them, and they are only allowed to tell us what they're told to tell us. No one needs to be getting mad at them for something they don't have control over. They are doing exactly what their jobs are, and that is basically to answer what questions and issues we may have with the game to the best of their ability.

Over all, what is going on here is simple. We the customers are unsatisfied with the level of service being provided. The GM's are here to reassure us that while there is not an IMMEDIATE fix to this problem like we all would like, their information tells them that the problem is being properly handled by the appropriate professionals.

So, it has already been answered that if you keep playing your barbarians and venomancers (as I have been doing) that you WILL be able to go back and do your lvl 9, 19, 29, etc... cultivation quests. This is fortunate news, even though the timeliness of such a fix is unfortunate. So lets at least be grateful for what we do know, and quit complaining for the time being. When the new patch is out, if the issue is still an issue, then I think it might be appropriate to begin questioning the GM's for more information on the problem.
  • subarugirl
    subarugirl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Before i start i'd like to say that i understand and appriciate the GM's work :) Keep it up!
    As a veno i would like to know if i continue on to higher lvls, will it will **** up the cultivation quests? im lvl 14 right now.
    and
    will the patch be automatically installed or do we (those effected) have to manually install a different patch?
    Much thx, 'Australian' the veno. <3
  • Novawolf - Dreamweaver
    Novawolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I like how this person thinks they have the authority to pretend that there is anyone in the right or wrong on this issue.

GM's, I would like to issue an extreme thanks on behalf of all players, both new and old, that have made complaints about the untamed lvl 9 culti bug. You guys have taken our **** quite well, and your patience is outstanding.

Now here is how this works. On one end, we the players have a right to complain. Many of us are actual customers, who have used real money for this game. Not everyone plays for free, IAttack, so that means that the customers who actually pay for a service, and don't get it, are well within their right to complain.

On the other hand, the GM's aren't the ones who can fix the problem. They only know what their superiors tell them, and they are only allowed to tell us what they're told to tell us. No one needs to be getting mad at them for something they don't have control over. They are doing exactly what their jobs are, and that is basically to answer what questions and issues we may have with the game to the best of their ability.

Over all, what is going on here is simple. We the customers are unsatisfied with the level of service being provided. The GM's are here to reassure us that while there is not an IMMEDIATE fix to this problem like we all would like, their information tells them that the problem is being properly handled by the appropriate professionals.

So, it has already been answered that if you keep playing your barbarians and venomancers (as I have been doing) that you WILL be able to go back and do your lvl 9, 19, 29, etc... cultivation quests. This is fortunate news, even though the timeliness of such a fix is unfortunate. So lets at least be grateful for what we do know, and quit complaining for the time being. When the new patch is out, if the issue is still an issue, then I think it might be appropriate to begin questioning the GM's for more information on the problem.

This.

Much like Blizzard Entertainment (World of ********) or Sony (Everquest), if you sign up for this kind of job, you'll be dealing with a majority of players who are very likely under the ate of 18 and have to be able to put up with complaints of all sort. I imagine that they simply filter out every 'Bawwwww' post and they'll fix it when they get to it. You think devving a game is easy? Hell, for a year old, PWI certainly exceeded my expectations.

If you're gonna quit over such nonsense, gtfo already and don't drag it out like a drama-queen. Or, you can just wait until they fix it by doing something else. I highly doubt PWI is the only thing on your computer. Or, level an alt! I love alts.

I'm always amazed when I see threads like this and never an angry GM. Major props. b:victory

In related news - It's good to hear that I wasn't the only one with this problem. I'm slightly ashamed I filed a ticket on the matter; at the time of me filing the ticket, I was the only one I knew who had that problem. Over the course of the next day, I realized that every Untamed who visited the Taoist couldn't get their Spiritual Cultivation quest. Whoopsie.

If only I could recall that ticket ;-; It would make the Dev and GM's workloads look a little smaller.
  • Redrider - Lost City
    Redrider - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i began i think on wednesday as a veno and i was able to fight my way upto level 24 almost 25 if u just do the quests and mabie fight in squads it helps
    so lets just hope that the patch comes soon until then mabie try working together plus i think that the one skill i do have is pretty good...

ps. plus there probly loosen more players over the anniversyer boxes then anything. my screen is allways filled up with the duke talking altthough it has setttled down a bit latly

pss. one skill... more of a challenge rite guys? b:question
  • Anamous - Lost City
    Anamous - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i think this one skill issue sucks ya but it makes it interesting i meen i like the challenge but i do hope its fixed soon its gettin hard lvl 25 now and this one skilll is beggining to make it quite difficult i keep dieing lol well hope its fixed soon :) but till then all the new people should just keep fightin threw it im still new to the game too and it does suck but i aint quitin yet;)
  • boombastik
    edited September 2009
    Options
    hehehe
    i'm in dreamweaver (i guess like u ^^)

my IGN is Kokin b:pleased
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ... but the problem is that the GMs aren't even sure if they are going to fix this or not...

Seriously, does anyone here believe that there's any chance that the devs are not going to fix a bug this important?
    Let's break down the steps:
    1) Identify the problem
    2) Fix it

There's no testing in your plan, if they'd been following your plan the problems and bugs introduced by fixes would have overwhelmed the developpers long before release.
    ... if i was a gm ...
    You aren't. And for good reasons :P
  • Sansloveless - Sanctuary
    Sansloveless - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    k, let's stop nagging
    1) we're no gm's (they can have their job, i wouldn't want it just to meet people who nag all the time)

2) if you know it so well, then start working for this company (and prevent what you're facing now)

3)thought this was a game for adventure, see the challenge (or use glasses to see them)

4) a week really will kill you now (i got 3 untamed, can't do their fbs, but at least they can lvl and have fun!)

5) think of the first month of this game, this bugg is so tiny compared to when pw started, or will we start complaining that bad players also are a bugg?
  • Keresmia - Lost City
    Keresmia - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Seriusly guys....
    The Gms and Devs are doing their best. A bug like this is hard to fix guys. They are doing their best. Besides, if yuo keep complainign it will take longer tiem to fix it, since they have to awnser you all
  • Raithwal - Harshlands
    Raithwal - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »
    Yes.

You can't get the level 19 one until you've done the level 9 one.

I've already done the spiritual cultivation lvl 9 quest and my cultvation lvl didn't increase because of the bug. will I be ablle to do it again if it's already been completed.
  • Raithwal - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »
    Yes.

You can't get the level 19 one until you've done the level 9 one.

will I be ablle to do it again if it's already been completed?* forgot the ? mark

Or will I recieve it again? because I didn't go to an NPC to recieve the spirtiual cultivation quest, I got it upon reaching level 9 as usual.
  • Casario - Lost City
    Casario - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    you gotta be kidding me.
    is this happening for real????
    PWI...that's just a new low.
    I can't believe my eyes that the above is true...and a patch is expected "next tuesday"...and even that timeframe has a "if" on it.
    For ****'s sake ...

QFT i mean comeon. its 1 thing to have a broken quest like water/fire orbs or sumthing but a broken SPIRIT CULTI!!!. at lvl 9 no less =.=
    jesus how fked up can this game get. i know the GMs have no power but still mayb they should be given some if it takes a whole week to fix a problem as big as this. This ruins the game for any new untamed-.- emergency maintenance now pl0x. oh and u can shut the duke up while u fix this too.
  • Invasion - Dreamweaver
    Invasion - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    QFT i mean comeon. its 1 thing to have a broken quest like water/fire orbs or sumthing but a broken SPIRIT CULTI!!!. at lvl 9 no less =.=
    jesus how fked up can this game get. i know the GMs have no power but still mayb they should be given some if it takes a whole week to fix a problem as big as this. This ruins the game for any new untamed-.- emergency maintenance now pl0x. oh and u can shut the duke up while u fix this too.

Omg you guys! Can you Just STOP IT! Perfect World International is just a game! EVERY1 CAN DO MISTAKES! Just do a game your self and we will some how much mistakes you will do! JUST APPRICIATE WHAT THEY ARE DOING FOR U! Be happy for the events and that they are fixing it so STOP DAMN COMPLAINING!
  • Aki_Rose - Heavens Tear
    Aki_Rose - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Come on guys give the GM's a break. There doing what they can, and when the patch comes out then its out, and if we have to wait for what a week so big deal learn a little patience its not going to kill you.
    In the mean time go farm, or go do quests, or go try a new class out till they fix this issue, or go to another game if this is really upsetting you, not like you'll be missed.
  • moskama
    moskama Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Im a level 12 barbarian and i want spiritual cultivation adept and it won't let me buy the skill from my strainer :(

Can someone tell me when the next patch will be out?
  • Werebeasts - Sanctuary
    Werebeasts - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i agree leave gms alone this there annviery and players are pissing them off enough in world chat and there trying the best they can and btw this is a free game give gms a bit of credit heh :)
  • sakkiii
    sakkiii Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well not like the ppl dont have a right to complain.
    Plus u know this is their job to have game running right or the Devs or w.e.
    Usually bugs like the waterfall at etherbalde and such im ok with but this bug prevents u from getting any new skills or your other cultivations.
    Its a major issue worth complaining about.
  • Pokemonzoo - Dreamweaver
    Pokemonzoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    sakkiii wrote: »
    Well not like the ppl dont have a right to complain.
    Plus u know this is their job to have game running right or the Devs or w.e.
    Usually bugs like the waterfall at etherbalde and such im ok with but this bug prevents u from getting any new skills or your other cultivations.
    Its a major issue worth complaining about.

Yes. Yes it is. But the GM are NOT in control of fixing bugs. Therefore they cannot fix the bug. Because they cannot fix the bug.

Because they are not in control of fixing the bug. Did I say that they cannot fix the bug?

The developers are very busy right now with the expansion pack and other bugs. I'm sure they're working on it. I understand that it's frustrating, but unfortunately complaining isn't doing anything.

Sorry if I sounded rude, but people need to stop bugging the game moderators :/
  • sakkiii
    sakkiii Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well complaining isn't gona fix it but they should speed it up what not >.>
    My char is a veno so im sorta ok with it cuz i have my slaves... i mean pets XD to do my killing but for barbs it must be a pain.
    This problem has been going on for days now and i know its not the Gm's fualt cuz i said gms or devs or w.e.
    And if you think of it this way in a world where ppl cannot complain is a world with out freedom :3
    If we dont complain than what if they think its just ok to mess up the gameplay and take their time x-x
    Its a bit over exagurated (miss spelling XD) but its true.
    Plus we cant really go to anyone else with the problems other than gms :P
    Its one of their ever so important jobs ^^ (Love the Gms)
  • Raithwal - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Come on guys give the GM's a break. There doing what they can, and when the patch comes out then its out, and if we have to wait for what a week so big deal learn a little patience its not going to kill you.
    In the mean time go farm, or go do quests, or go try a new class out till they fix this issue, or go to another game if this is really upsetting you, not like you'll be missed.

What? I wasn't complaining, I just wanted to know if I'd be able to do that spiritual cult quest again, because I didn't get a cultivation lvl up when I completed it.
  • Casario - Lost City
    Casario - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    my main is a level 95. i have been loyal to this game for 10 months and have frequently charged zen to suppot the game even though i originally told myself i would never spend a penny(cent w.e) on this. Ive defended it when people slagged it off due to poor ecomony and planned to stay when everyone else quit for the 'other' game. however ive been a little upset with the recent patches and now to find THE most important quest in the game is glitched for a third of players... well what can i say.. i guess ive just lost all trust in pw. yes i will quit soon if nothing is done and true i probly wont b missed but im just sad to see what was once a great game fall this low.
  • Valintine - Heavens Tear
    Valintine - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    my main is a level 95. i have been loyal to this game for 10 months and have frequently charged zen to suppot the game even though i originally told myself i would never spend a penny(cent w.e) on this. Ive defended it when people slagged it off due to poor ecomony and planned to stay when everyone else quit for the 'other' game. however ive been a little upset with the recent patches and now to find THE most important quest in the game is glitched for a third of players... well what can i say.. i guess ive just lost all trust in pw. yes i will quit soon if nothing is done and true i probly wont b missed but im just sad to see what was once a great game fall this low.

You do realize that the GMs have done everything they physically can do, correct? Oh, that's not to say I'd be miffed if I were back as a low level Veno or Barb and got stuck on this quest. But I'd be pointing my anger/hate-mail/"I quit because I've lost all trust" speeches towards the developers who glitched the coding in the first place.

In the developers' defense, I get a headache just thinking about how many lines of code must go into programing something like Perfect World. Saying that, I also think its a moderate case of stupidity to go back and mess with any coding that has to do with heavily important quests that are already confirmed to work right.

To sum up my QQ before it gets too long: Give the GMs a freakin' break! They physically cannot fix the problem and have done everything they can to flag the devs down and say, "Fix this, please!". If you wanna be a Tank, give Blademaster a try. Venos, give Wizard a try. Or Archer, or even Cleric (because the world knows we don't have enough Clerics). Create a secondary character and be patient while the devs, not the GMs, work on fixing the problem.

...Sorry, second person I've seen tonight giving the GMs slag when they're honestly innocent bystanders in all this. And from the way you worded your post, Casario, it sounded to me like your aggravation was/is aimed at the GMs.

I'll.. just get off my righteous anger high-horse and shut up now. b:surrender
  • Saluqi - Heavens Tear
    Saluqi - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well, I guess that explains it.
    Crushed by the gold prices, playing my cleric has become too costly.
    Hearing all the cries of "if you're poor, just make a veno."
    I finally said, "what the heck, why not reroll, and enjoy the low-level life for a change"

>.< ha ha, touche, PWE

Secretly in my heart I'd like them to shut down and roll back to the previous patch, the one where the anniversary boxes hadn't messed up the economy and a veno could get more than one skill.

Of course having no other option...we wait and waste a perfectly good 2x exp weekend :/
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Secretly in my heart I'd like them to shut down and roll back to the previous patch, the one where the anniversary boxes hadn't messed up the economy and a veno could get more than one skill.

Of course having no other option...we wait and waste a perfectly good 2x exp weekend :/
    you mean 4 skills lol (tame, heal, revive and scarab)

I only really use scarab and my pet anyway lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.