Untamed Cultivation Bug - post here

Options

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    nvm i saw the thread but heck why wait till a patch, ppl will TOO high then and it might not show if theyre halfway or more to 20

That statement just proves that you havent read the thread yet.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • KotaroX - Dreamweaver
    KotaroX - Dreamweaver Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Tuesday night this week, the culti will be fixed, unless something goes wrong. theyre trying. Like i did, just bring forth whatever patience you have left.
    95% of teens would freak out if the saw The Jonas Brothers on a 247 foot tall building about to jump. 5% get popcorn, a chair, and a video camera and yell Jump @#$&! jump!
  • bboz
    bboz Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Known issue and has been reported to the developers.

We apologize for the inconvenience, we really do.

b:surrender

So, it's not such a "PERFECT WORLD" huh.... If I'd had known about this "BUG" I would not spent my time on a Veno...
  • bombtik
    bombtik Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ketsura wrote: »
    If you learned English and re-read every single one of my posts you'd realize I haven't complained about anything. I'm only describing what the bug is and why people should understand why others are so upset about it. Please re-read, thanks.

You complained in your previous post about how you are not inexperienced. Long story short they can't fix it in the speed of light? What u gonna do about it? Btw English is my 4th language and i like to think i speak it quite well ty.
  • dragonstryder
    dragonstryder Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I kinda thought this would of been fixed by now..this affects a massive amount of people. I understand that they are busy with the new things coning out soon but maybe they should postpone that a week to take care of this. This should be a priority to fix.
  • lostsoul1213
    lostsoul1213 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Any word from the devs on the status of fixing this for an entire race?

Any updates on if the patch will deal with it?

Possible go around...

Last time one of my teams saw something like this was years ago. Simply see if you can send the item via auto mail. Set it to splice in with the chain, showing you have the letter. Theoretically, just flying to lost city recluse would continue the chain since it should show you have the letter.

Of course it is a guess, but usually manually adding the quest item on email to anyone who is level 25 and below who started in the last two weeks ought to solve the issue. let it go directly in the quest item page and presto.

Better explanation,

I assume you guys use item numbers to keep up with everything. Most quests want to recognize the part before. Ie the letter you get from miao. If the game thinks you spoke with him, the code believes it (the letter once shipped in in game mail, would trigger you have completed the previous step. If done the way most games are the if then box would register item # xxxxxx is in the person's quest items and to continue.

Should be a matter of a few dozen lines of code to bypass miao the taoist on the broken quest step and just count the letter once you get it.

Note. This was for dev team not a fix.. It will probably work once dev team tries it.
  • Imarth - Dreamweaver
    Imarth - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    if that would work they would have to send it out to more people im lvl 32 and i didnt get the quest.
  • bastach
    bastach Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    But by complaining about the people who are complaining, in which it is their right... Aren't you being just as bad? xD

rofl now that's amusing b:victory
  • bastach
    bastach Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It comes down to this.

We can't promise you anything because we aren't the devs.

The devs have told us they are working on it.

When we know, you will know.

Thank you, for clarifying I understand.
  • LunaCryst - Sanctuary
    LunaCryst - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So we're just supposed to not play our new characters until you fix the problem? What was even done to cause it in the first place? I had to waste 20k on my venomancer to shout in world chat that I needed a gm to whisp me and you guys didn't even reply then. So whats the deal? :(

Why would you do that rather than checking the forums? It's not their fault you wasted your money. b:chuckle
  • boombastik
    boombastik Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    hi.

i'm currently lvl 26 veno and i was wondering.. doesn't it affect my exp/drops from doing fb at higher lvls then the normal?
    If yes, are we going to be compensated from that in any way?

ty b:victory
  • PyroFoxie - Dreamweaver
    PyroFoxie - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    boombastik wrote: »
    hi.

i'm currently lvl 26 veno and i was wondering.. doesn't it affect my exp/drops from doing fb at higher lvls then the normal?
    If yes, are we going to be compensated from that in any way?

ty b:victory

What compensation are you talking about? It is FREE game. b:chuckle
  • h420
    h420 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    barb cant get true forme, im lvl 14 and i cant get it, the spirit cult quest is done and my spirit cult didnt raise
  • OrangeClaw - Dreamweaver
    OrangeClaw - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    What compensation are you talking about? It is FREE game. b:chuckle

I'm sure what this person means is, if they haven't bought gold of course, are they going to be compensated with in game items/coins/exp that they missed because of this. Now if this person purchased gold that no longer makes it a free game, which in this case wouldn't apply because no purchased goods were lost, so I'm not sure why you would even think that.
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Untamed Cultivation is broke atm Read This :)
  • Archosauzer - Lost City
    Archosauzer - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Okay, Dear Administrators, I didn't carefully read all posts (mb this idea was told), but can you roll back servers to temporary fix problem? And when problem will be solved, you'll reinstall update..

HAHAHAHA wtf, tnx for make me laugh... you not serious hum? b:laugh
    edited September 2009
    Options
    HAHAHAHA wtf, tnx for make me laugh... you not serious hum? b:laugh

For a bug that's adversly affecting as many players as this is that's actually a good suggestion, plus from the other complaints about this update I think it would be a good idea.
  • ChesireLeo - Dreamweaver
    ChesireLeo - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    For a bug that's adversly affecting as many players as this is that's actually a good suggestion, plus from the other complaints about this update I think it would be a good idea.

AGREED... unfortunately it's caused so many movement glitches (i keep landing and appearing in the air... running in place... and getting stuck in between a wall and water) how in the hell can that happen? seriously!! and all this about me not being able to cultivate... i wanna be able to have my rl gf on perfect world ride on my back!!! with her as a fox or her normal veno!! so please!! get this fixed!! and if you have to roll back the server so be it... thing is... i wanna get married to her on this game :3 a substitute till we're together in rl to do the real deed... b:quiet
    one thing i may never do again is fall in love... but oh well....

least i can be a lone wolf err... lion in this case and help my friends :P
  • ylah
    ylah Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    idd i also spent the whole day to see if it was fixed in lvl 19..... but though its very irritating that i dont have the skills, i knew i wasnt doing anything wrong, and im sortof glad to hear that i was right about the annoying bug thing... GET IT FIXED PLEASE!! i need those skills!
    ^^
  • ketsura
    ketsura Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    bombtik wrote: »
    You complained in your previous post about how you are not inexperienced. Long story short they can't fix it in the speed of light? What u gonna do about it? Btw English is my 4th language and i like to think i speak it quite well ty.

Since when is asking a question complaining? Someone's not the brightest crayon in the box!

Oh, here's a new update to the bug. You can't do any FB's without the spirit cultivation quests either XD -- That's not complaining either, that's just called enlightening others my dear idiotic friend.
  • Bearpaw - Dreamweaver
    Bearpaw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    yea i started a veno last night
    and didnt get my cultivation
    so i tried to get to 19 see if that worked
    i tried dying
    nothing worked
    can you plz fix asap
  • bombtik
    bombtik Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Since when is asking a question complaining? Someone's not the brightest crayon in the box!

Oh, here's a new update to the bug. You can't do any FB's without the spirit cultivation quests either XD -- That's not complaining either, that's just called enlightening others my dear idiotic friend.

You are obviously a simple minded child. Therefore i shall discontinue this conversation. Thank you come againb:victory
  • kainusagi
    kainusagi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

actually I was able to do my lvl 19 FB... *Shrug* I dunno maybe i'm mistaken but everyone else i know that's been playing it for a good year or more says it was.
  • fable61636
    fable61636 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    yeah, it happened to me on my barb, and i was shocked to see it. i have a veno that it didnt affect at all at level 20 but it affect my barb...which was odd.

also, im still working on my barb (lvl 15 right now) and i hope the bug is fixed so that i dont need to do all that work all over again, but here to hoping ^^""

~Fable
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hopefully we have a fix for this tomorrow or Wednesday as some of the GM's have stated is a possibility.
  • aponivi
    aponivi Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm actually a new player to PWI and have only been playing a week or so around my busy schedule. I, too, have this cultivation quest problem and have submitted a ticket despite it already being known. Although I am not able to level up normally which makes it harder due to the lack of ability, I do understand that nothing is perfect and things can only get close to. We're all human and the game is only as good as the human nature can allow it to be made. This has many factoring variables and one of those variables is the 60 beta testers vs thousands of players. Anywho, I hear a new patch is coming out. When, possibly tomorrow or Wednesday though no one knows yet. If by some chance that it cannot be fixed (sometimes bugs have that effect), I'd like to know if I could get my $30 USD refunded for the Cloudchase Gryphon I bought just a few days ago for my Barbarian character. Yes, I probably couldn't get a refund though I'd like to know. The reason why I ask is this: I would like to play the game though I would like to play the game at its full extent. Having a major unfixable bug in the way would ruin the game play in the long run. So, would I be able to get a refund if the bug isn't fixable?
  • ketsura
    ketsura Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    kainusagi wrote: »
    actually I was able to do my lvl 19 FB... *Shrug* I dunno maybe i'm mistaken but everyone else i know that's been playing it for a good year or more says it was.

Hmm..Well I haven't been able to do any sprit cult. quests cause my first one disappeared from the beginning. I'm well over level 19 and well over 80 rep. I got all the darkbreed wolfkin quests (Kill 5 and get the heart) but no FB Call of Duty Xenobeast's blood quest. So I'm guessing it's because of the bug or maybe it's a whole seperate new bug lol who knows! But I just keep going on and I'll just eventually catch up when they fix it^^
  • Nevarra - Sanctuary
    Nevarra - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well, since it's now tuesday morning, and we were told to expect a patch sometime tuesday night, I was just wondering if any of the GMs have heard anything from the devs as far as whether or not it will be fixed tonight?
  • KotaroX - Dreamweaver
    KotaroX - Dreamweaver Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    im sure the devs will let them know ASAP. it should be 100% accurate whatever the devs say, thanks to the test server at the office. hopefully they'll pull it off without any problems at all. all we can do is wait ad hope for the best.

about 20 more hours...
    95% of teens would freak out if the saw The Jonas Brothers on a 247 foot tall building about to jump. 5% get popcorn, a chair, and a video camera and yell Jump @#$&! jump!
  • DanWhy - Harshlands
    DanWhy - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    However, we are not promising this will be fixed, although we are pressing for it to be and are crossing our paws. b:pleased

I have the same prob on my alt (Barbarian) and luckily I didn't get any false expectations thanks to that reply. I hope you fix this bug asap.

I'll be playing on my main in the meanwhile.

Cya
This discussion has been closed.