Untamed Cultivation Bug - post here

Options
xtvpgmmr
xtvpgmmr Posts: 2 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Support Desk
On one of my venos I got the 'talk to taoist' quest for 50 exp at level 9 but not the actual spiritual cultivation - 'take certificate to the recluse' quest. I've tried restarting, unequipping my genie, but nothing has worked and without the quest I can't get any new skills. Help?
======================================
image.php?u=979167000&dateline=1236632668Surtr says:
Update as of 9/10/09

The developers in China are aware of this bug. They are aware of the cause, and are working on a fix, and assuming everything goes smoothly from here on out we can fix it on the live servers as early as Monday. This is *NOT* a promise that it will be fixed on Monday. As I've said earlier, it depends on a variety of factors. Once we've confirmed that the bug is fixed, we will let you know and give you a solid date on when the fix will be applied.

Here's some general information which should answer any questions you may have:
  • This bug applies to ALL Untamed cultivation quests, not just the level 9 one.
  • Once the bug is fixed, you will NOT have to restart your character. You should be able to simply return to the proper NPC and pick up where you left off, regardless of whether you've leveled up since then.
  • Quests for Call to Duty tablets, the level 30 flying quest, the Wraith's Ploy questline, and Venomancer pet quests are not affected by this.
image.php?u=976000&dateline=1222983605Kantorek says:
Howdy all,

I just wanted to apologize to everyone who is waiting for this fix. I know how much it sets you back but we are sitting on our hands waiting for a fix just as you all are.

What I could recommend you guys do in the meantime is head over to our cultivation guide located here, scout out the cultivation quests that await you, and do some practice runs. This way when the issue is fixed, you'll breeze right through it (not to mention get a little extra EXP and Spirit while you're at it. I hear we're doing bonus EXP and Spirit weekends all month b:laugh). Just a thought. Thanks again, and we'll give you some info updates as we get it.
Post edited by xtvpgmmr on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Known issue and has been reported to the developers.

We apologize for the inconvenience, we really do.

b:surrender
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • xtvpgmmr
    xtvpgmmr Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Thank U :)
  • klova
    klova Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    so just out of curiosity, will there be a way to fix this, or do have to completely restart my character? cause i would really like to avoid that...
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2009
    Options
    We're hoping to have it fixed in the next patch.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Xymantha - Dreamweaver
    Xymantha - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    klova wrote: »
    so just out of curiosity, will there be a way to fix this, or do have to completely restart my character? cause i would really like to avoid that...

this too I am wondering about with my (currently level 12 barbarian) character that I started last night before maintenance began.
    I'm a man
  • tibsun
    tibsun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »
    We're hoping to have it fixed in the next patch.

By next patch do you mean the weekly ones every Wednesday, meaning we need to wait a week or is there going to be a new patch as soon as the problem is fixed?
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Last I heard here in the office, next Tues night into Wed morning (if that is the day chosen for the patch update) will be when the next patch is released.

However, we are not promising this will be fixed, although we are pressing for it to be and are crossing our paws. b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • PanDhamon - Lost City
    PanDhamon - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So we're just supposed to not play our new characters until you fix the problem? What was even done to cause it in the first place? I had to waste 20k on my venomancer to shout in world chat that I needed a gm to whisp me and you guys didn't even reply then. So whats the deal? :(
  • orangebanana
    orangebanana Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I filed a ticket and they sent it to me stating and I quote, "We are aware that the City of the Lost Taoist is preventing Untamed players from completing their Level 9 Spiritual Cultivation. This will be fixed in our next patch." Emphasis on will I hope. I also wasted my entire day determining that I couldn't do this at level 19 either. What a lovely surprise that was. I hope they fix all the spiritual cultivations, not just level 9...
  • brentbest
    brentbest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    cant u guys fix it and make a new patch i mean every one who is untamed cant do cultivation thats a major problem
  • Tanglesson - Dreamweaver
    Tanglesson - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Please fix ASAP, my friend was just starting a Veno, and she is a little reluctant to continue PWI now. Gives a kind of bad impression after what - 2 hours of careful gameplay ?
  • OrangeClaw - Dreamweaver
    OrangeClaw - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Especially for those newer users who would like to spend money, but figure it might not be worth the wait. Yet anyone that wants to play any other race will be fine, so I'm sure they won't mind losing all the business from the untamed.
  • realbot1
    realbot1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Same problem here... there is a solution for this issue??
  • brentbest
    brentbest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    hello? GM's can u answer plz cuz i think a whole week is to long
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    you gotta be kidding me.
    is this happening for real????
    PWI...that's just a new low.
    I can't believe my eyes that the above is true...and a patch is expected "next tuesday"...and even that timeframe has a "if" on it.
    For ****'s sake ...

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dtz
    dtz Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Right, because they can just flip a switch and fix it and patch it without causing any additional bugs in the process, and they're just waiting because they're greedy and NOT fixing a major bug is somehow making them money.

I swear, the stupid people are just coming out of the woodwork this week.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild.
  • AngelicArrow - Harshlands
    AngelicArrow - Harshlands Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    QQQQQ my beautiful baby barb will not be able to go tiger mode =/
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    dtz wrote: »
    Right, because they can just flip a switch and fix it and patch it without causing any additional bugs in the process, and they're just waiting because they're greedy and NOT fixing a major bug is somehow making them money.

yeah, riiight.
    well mr/mrs imperial drone, that bug makes impossible to play that class, it's a gameplay issue, and yes it should be fixed asap, even if for nothing else. Or investigated and a workaround posted and advertised ingame.
    Yeah, I swear, the stupid ppl are just coming out of the woodwork now. Congrats!

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxShuroxX - Sanctuary
    XxShuroxX - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So we're just supposed to not play our new characters until you fix the problem? What was even done to cause it in the first place? I had to waste 20k on my venomancer to shout in world chat that I needed a gm to whisp me and you guys didn't even reply then. So whats the deal? :(

I agree with PanDhamon we all need to know if you actually plan on fixing this or if your going to leave us in the dark, like Gms normally do. this time is different none of us can do anything and its upsetting. But all we hear is we can't tell u if its going to be fixed????????? and 10-1 it was the screwed up patch tht was put in tht caused this.
  • surtr
    edited September 2009
    Options
    yeah, riiight.
    well mr/mrs imperial drone, that bug makes impossible to play that class, it's a gameplay issue, and yes it should be fixed asap, even if for nothing else. Or investigated and a workaround posted and advertised ingame.
    Yeah, I swear, the stupid ppl are just coming out of the woodwork now. Congrats!
    Any fix we get for this issue would have to be tested thoroughly to make sure that it doesn't cause a worse bug in the process. You wouldn't want to have the cultivation issue fixed if it meant you couldn't zone into any instances, now would you? Rest assured too that if we do find a workaround for this issue we will immediately make it known.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• hoodieninja
    hoodieninja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Any fix we get for this issue would have to be tested thoroughly to make sure that it doesn't cause a worse bug in the process. You wouldn't want to have the cultivation issue fixed if it meant you couldn't zone into any instances, now would you? Rest assured too that if we do find a workaround for this issue we will immediately make it known.

Obviously the patch that caused this bug wasn't properly tested either.
  • hoodieninja
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If this is affecting all untamed (33% of the races); there should be some type of quick fix implemented! It's not like this is only affecting 1% of the PWI population is it?
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It is affecting a lower amount then people think. Due to the size of such a game, even if you have a small army (30-60) of testers, you won't find everything in each new patch.

When we have thousands of players playing through the game, then things can get found quicker that may slip through.

That is why we highly appreciate you guys telling us so that we can pass it along to get it fixed.

b:victory
  • hoodieninja
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It is affecting a lower amount then people think. Due to the size of such a game, even if you have a small army (30-60) of testers, you won't find everything in each new patch.

When we have thousands of players playing through the game, then things can get found quicker that may slip through.

That is why we highly appreciate you guys telling us so that we can pass it along to get it fixed.

b:victory

Is there a workaround available for those of us who are unable to learn any spells until we complete the [bugged] spiritual cultivation quests? Obviously the permanent fix will take some time for you to properly test; but how about a workaround for right now in the interim?
  • surtr
    edited September 2009
    Options
    We do not currently have a workaround, but if we discover one rest assured we will immediately make it known.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• hoodieninja
    edited September 2009
    Options
    We do not currently have a workaround, but if we discover one rest assured we will immediately make it known.

Is it possible to make it so that any of the Taoists can give you the quest? that way if one is bugged hopefully the others wont be?
  • hoodieninja
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Don't FB's require Spiritual Cultivation quests to be completed first? If so then this bug will prevent untamed from getting their FB19/29 quests, is that correct?
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You guys playing Untamed will have to wait.

Changes like this on the game can not be made without bringing the servers down.

It is being worked on.
  • iownthechat
    iownthechat Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    dtz wrote: »

im a little ok with the waiting for the next patch thing to come out and fix it but the problem is that the GMs aren't even sure if they are going to fix this or not...it's like if its not an important issue for them to have. Just think about it that's 2 classes taken away from the game for new comers that's a big loss.
  • iownthechat
    iownthechat Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

tell me about it i made 3 different barbs a level 36, 21 and 9 trying to find out wats wrong with this
This discussion has been closed.