v182 Update discussion thread.

Comments

• Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I posted my suggestions several times too, I'm not going back to check though xD. It went like this: "Add a useful coin sink".

We can only hope they're taking notes or something.

They are. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    They are. b:victory

About what is the question xD.
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    About what is the question xD.

positive and negetive feedback from players and compiling reports as already mentioned by Gm's in previous posts. When a solution has been determined we will receive the details as already mentioned by Gm's in previous posts.

*edit* it actually helps to go back through and check so that you would know that they are taking notes.
  • GriffinJ - Harshlands
    GriffinJ - Harshlands Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    rsin wrote: »
    positive and negetive feedback from players and compiling reports as already mentioned by Gm's in previous posts. When a solution has been determined we will receive the details as already mentioned by Gm's in previous posts.

*edit* it actually helps to go back through and check so that you would know that they are taking notes.

I hope they are doing it on a computer and saving it every few words... if they are doing it on paper then we might be minus a forest when the dust settles after this patch discussion is over.
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I hope they are doing it on a computer and saving it every few words... if they are doing it on paper then we might be minus a forest when the dust settles after this patch discussion is over.

As long as the most important issues reach the developers and things get resolved in a proper manner. It may take time, impatience is what gets the best of people though. Immediate *finger snap* solutions dont happen and really arent possible with issues of this magnitude. I'm playing the game, I'm enjoying the game. No plans of quitting anytime soon. And once again, Its back to the game for me.b:pleased
  • GriffinJ - Harshlands
    GriffinJ - Harshlands Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm playing the game, I'm enjoying the game. No plans of quitting anytime soon. And once again, Its back to the game for me.b:pleased

I am with you on that. I am switching back and forth from game to forum to check on update status and see what people are saying.b:pleased
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    As long as the most important issues reach the developers and things get resolved in a proper manner. It may take time, impatience is what gets the best of people though. Immediate *finger snap* solutions dont happen and really arent possible with issues of this magnitude. I'm playing the game, I'm enjoying the game. No plans of quitting anytime soon. And once again, Its back to the game for me.b:pleased

The problem is in this situation, time is of the essence. If someone is bleeding profusely, you dont look at them & gather a team & start to discuss how the bleeding problem should be addressed. When a building is burning to the ground, one doesnt sit there & take notes on what things caught fire quicker. With each passing second, the game economy is slipping further into crisis, as the rich/poor divide spreads further, and new money is constantly being poured into the system. They're fanning the flames with gasoline. If something is going to be done, it cant sit in committee for weeks, it needs to be done now, or there might not be anything left to save when they reach a solution.
  • Zanixx - Heavens Tear
    Zanixx - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If someone is bleeding profusely, you dont look at them & gather a team & start to discuss how the bleeding problem should be addressed. When a building is burning to the ground, one doesnt sit there & take notes on what things caught fire quicker.

LMAO i agree and that is a great analogy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Zanixx - Unstable - Heavens Tear
  • Zanixx - Heavens Tear
    Zanixx - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    but i still say they will not die. i just think they will lose quite a few players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Zanixx - Unstable - Heavens Tear
  • Fabric - Lost City
    Fabric - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I doubt PWI will actually "die." I wouldn't be surprised that the many players who have spent large amounts of time trying to get "end game gears" would quit PWI because someone who has spent money in the boutique got the gears so easily. However, PWE will find some way to get new players into this game... even though nothing will be the same as before.
  • Sellah - Sanctuary
    Sellah - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Its kinda wierd that people who do not buy gold get upset when people who pay to support there game get some extra stuff.

They dont wanna pay for anything, but wanna have it all and wine and complain everywhere and all day about it.

Im just laughing my **** off about all these silly complaint and winers.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Its kinda wierd that people who do not buy gold get upset when people who pay to support there game get some extra stuff.

They don't wanna pay for anything, but wanna have it all and wine and complain everywhere and all day about it.

I'm just laughing my **** off about all these silly complaint and whiners.

I buy Gold, but this update still fails.
  • Delia - Harshlands
    Delia - Harshlands Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited September 2009

They dont wanna pay for anything, but wanna have it all and wine and complain everywhere and all day about it.

I payed a lot of money to PWE, most recently last weekend. But the gold-coin market was an important part of this game, as was the strategy and work involved in getting decent gear. Real PvP (or what did exist), as well as the little challenge of PvE, has been removed from the game, and coin is now all but worthless as a medium of exchange.

I quit PW because of this. The only reason I ever log on is because my best friend hasn't quit.
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Typical moronic statement. We all support the gold system and "extra stuff" is extremely down playing the magnitude of the items people are getting.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Every non paying player that has bought gold through the trader has paid. If not for that person paying gold, you wouldn't have bought that gold to sell it. The trader effectively makes everyone contribute money to keep the game going (and make PWE money) while leaving the bill ultimately only in the hands of a minority of players.

Anyways, one thing I think you're missing is that due to the low odds, the only way to really get something good is to spend A LOT of money. Spending even $100 on just this event (that's $100 for a months play, other MMO's are ~$15 for a month) is an insane amount for an MMO and the odds are still stacked against you by quite a bit. That's the issue (as I see it atleast), the event basically says all the minor cs'ers might as well just play for free because you both get the same benefit, I have to say it's quite discouraging to spend money on the game and get nothing out of it due to the randomness of the event.
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    so many QQers about this and that just can't take it hmm well to damn bad reason why there is end game gear in anniversary pack is becaz they will prob raise lvl cap and bring in better stuff so stfu stop saying ur going to quit deal with it just a game
    also for ppl who spent money and got nothing good well the money helped for something new things for the game so either stop paying and get nothing new for the game or keep playing and keep expecting newer things
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    so many QQers about this and that just can't take it hmm well to damn bad reason why there is end game gear in anniversary pack is becaz they will prob raise lvl cap and bring in better stuff so stfu stop saying ur going to quit deal with it just a game
    also for ppl who spent money and got nothing good well the money helped for something new things for the game so either stop paying and get nothing new for the game or keep playing and keep expecting newer things

So many QQers QQing about other people QQing.
    edited September 2009
    So many QQers QQing about other people QQing.
    watever u say high lvl wannabe who played one year strait and now has no life
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009

Pot calling the kettle black.
    edited September 2009
    Personal attack.
    no, i just call them how i see them
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    No, i just call them how i see them.

Yeah, you're a troll.
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, you're a troll.
    okay then thanks for the complement
  • lmaonade1xp
    lmaonade1xp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    stop with the pointless flame war.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    successful-troll-is-successful.jpg

I HEART TEN CHARACTERS
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Lioneo - Lost City
    Lioneo - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ok i never post in the forum but for this i had to make an exception.

first off i dont know why everyone is complaining about gold prices being so high? if people didnt pay those prices they wouldnt be where they are!!

second people have been saying the game is gonna fail and they are gonna quit the entire time i have been playing but i still see the same people playing and STILL saying they are gonna quit.

third all of the older people like me should see whats going on with game economy. right now everything might looked messed up but with gold prices so high people are dumping millions of coin to get gold for CS after a bit (not instantly) those people are going to start running out of coin which means they wont be able to afford to pay those prices. which means people will be forced to lower there gold prices. which means the economy will stable out and go back to normal.

forth the possibility of of everyone running around with lunar anything is gonna be rare considering the % rate that you will get what you need from the packs is freakn extremly low.

fifth for everything else people are saying is the end of the world as we know it its really not that bad.

ok theres my post for the year time for me to go back to the game and see if ive turned 2k coin into 2Mcoin yet (making coin isnt hard just gotta take your time)

later enjoy this post or throw your rants b:bye
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ok i never post in the forum but for this i had to make an exception.

first off i dont know why everyone is complaining about gold prices being so high? if people didnt pay those prices they wouldnt be where they are!!

second people have been saying the game is gonna fail and they are gonna quit the entire time i have been playing but i still see the same people playing and STILL saying they are gonna quit.

third all of the older people like me should see whats going on with game economy. right now everything might looked messed up but with gold prices so high people are dumping millions of coin to get gold for CS after a bit (not instantly) those people are going to start running out of coin which means they wont be able to afford to pay those prices. which means people will be forced to lower there gold prices. which means the economy will stable out and go back to normal.

forth the possibility of of everyone running around with lunar anything is gonna be rare considering the % rate that you will get what you need from the packs is freakn extremly low.

fifth for everything else people are saying is the end of the world as we know it its really not that bad.

ok theres my post for the year time for me to go back to the game and see if ive turned 2k coin into 2Mcoin yet (making coin isnt hard just gotta take your time)

later enjoy this post or throw your rants b:bye

this would happen and probably is but it would take longer than the month this even is on for to do that.. all the people receiving the coin will circulate it back for items the non-cs users have for sale. also the drop rate for best luck tokens is fairly decent so people are getting 10million coins for every 2 of these tokens.

prices will likely sit where they are (~400k on LC) until the even ends then return to around 200k again after. (depending on the next sale)
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Silvia_Xenth - Lost City
    Silvia_Xenth - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    lol i only want 2 play with a LOT off ppl not a half SERVER u knew how hard it was doing BH yesturday or THAT the w
  • citadels
    citadels Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    *Two weeks after the end of the event*

ANNOUNCEMENT: WE WILL HAVE A NEW SUPER ANNIVERSARY BOX+, INSIDE YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO OBTAIN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
    -Remove one random end-game equipment acquired from the previous event
    -Force an auction limit for gold to be set at 200k coin or less
    -Provide your character with a "super QQ emoticon"
    -You may even obtain the ultimate "rollback scroll" - *It'd be like the anniversary event never existed!* (Chance to obtain - 0.00000000000000000000001 percent)

Price: 1337 Gold

Developer's Note: Why should we fix our mistake when we can make you pay us extra to fix it yourself?

See, it's brilliant! They can make more money off of the threat of losing customers. This approach seems to be right up their alley

Someone hires Person A to smash Person B's windshield. Person A does the job, then as Person B comes out to see what happened, Person A strolls by and goes "Oh dear, it seems like you have a windshield problem, but I happen to fix windshields professionally for a fee." <--- Best business model ever!
  • RevanKhaos - Dreamweaver
    RevanKhaos - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I do congratulate Perfect World International for their 1 year Anniversary.

But I will say, that Duke rubbing it in everybody faces of how lucky everybody else in the game is, kinda makes most people feel like they aren't lucky at all.

1 Gold to get 10,000,000 coin if your lucky is a good idea. 1 Gold to get the endgame gear if your lucky, is a bad idea. Yeah, they can buy it with their Millions... but this way, there aren't MORE and MORE of the rare gear out there.

Since we aren't that far along in this Anniversary... I vote for a rollback. At least an Item Rollback. Or an item replacement. Give X amount of coin or gold to players with the Endgame gear.

The thing about endgame gear is... it's supposed to be rare and extremely valuable, not "OMG I won the lottery, I get my precious gear without having to work for it or find people to buy it from" and so forth.

And Duke... please shut up. Please? It's nice that people are getting all lucky and getting their "Best of Luck" tokens... But some people don't have "Best of Luck" and kinda feel crappy because of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reallydisappointed
    reallydisappointed Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I happen to charge zen all the time.I have put hundreds if not thousands of real life money in this game. It just so happens that i have gold sitting on my acct now that i could very easily spend on these anniversary packs but i simply refuse to do so because i see the imbalance that is being created by them. When people spends 100's of hours in an instance to obtain materials to craft an item that is at one point rare and well deserved because they worked for it that is a "natural" imbalance of power . The anniversary packs are dumping these "rare" items into the game and causing an unnatural imbalance. The other thing i see these packs doing is FLOODING an already flooded market with billions of in game coin. The economy does not need more coin in it to fix it. It needs to be drained of the coin that is already present. While i do agree that the price of gold is a problem it is only the tip of the ice-berg as far as problems go. People are upset some have left the game some are waiting to see what will be done about the current problems and have plans of leaving the game if nothing is done, others arent really bothered by the current events and have no intentions of leaving. My concerns are for both long term and short term players alike. Long term players are being essentially told their time and efforts to obtain awesome gear was for nothing charge some zen get the item u once had to work hard for. Short term players dont stand a chance of having nice things unless they charge zen and sell the gold in the AH for an overly inflated price. GM's and Dev's need to get this problem under control and taking a week to compile information and evidence is not a good way to fix the problem. I am very relieved that these guys are not Dr.'s and we the patients if that was the case we would all be dead by the time they "gathered" enuff information about our current situation. Yes fact gathering does take time but honestly how long does it take to see that the economy is floundering esp after 159 pages of posts i think that is apparent it is also apparent as to why the economy is in the state it is in now. How long does it take to see the anniversary packs contain items that will create an unnatural imbalance of power in the game. How long is it going to take PWI to put a bandage on this gaping wound that THEY have created..............and when they do will it be enough???
This discussion has been closed.