v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Evga, the company (I strongly doubt it's the customer service department... which gm's are, that adds items to the cash shop) adds the items to the shop. Players end up wanting or not wanting those items which influences demand. PWE basically supplies the players with the tools to determine gold demand. Players are entirely responsible for the supply.

like i said is it possible for any tw players to not wanting all those stuff? are you nuts? regardless of how much skill a player has. facing a +8 warsoul/frost/lunar weapon with one of those +attack lvl gem in there will pretty much mess up any player without the equivalent defense.

moreover the gm are so nice as too put usable item and not just fashion item into this event. There is a huge difference, fashion well it won't ruin the game for non cash user, but usable item pretty much ensure, if you have money you win.

and i actually thought of putting 400 into the game before the end of the event. but i realize, this isn't a one time thing... it will happen again and again and again... and if at anytime i don't have gold stock up or cash at hand i'm pretty much going to be lagging behind in terms of tw capability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm not silencing you. Made this thread didn't I? I'm just shutting down the spam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver
    Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Wow by the time i typed in my really random,long user and pass this thread increased by 4 pages xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ppl just need to complain about everything though u knwo that andracil
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    you put it in a harsh way but , sadly enough your totally right :(
    altho the unexperienced in marketing i doubt that
    they prolly have a whole team all brainstorming on how they can f*ck us even more and steal our money , yup they're not dumb they have devoted teams to manipulate us and make us pay money b:surrender

so PWI devs listen to this smart guy and do something about your greed b:cry
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Omg Ppl U R Posting In A Thread Tell Ur Opinions Here For Christ Sake!!!!
    stop doing the antiQQ knight dan

talking about the gold prices I think the whole thing started to stinks when Xarfox said they were draining out coins from the economy while hiding the amount of GAs sold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bittersweet - Harshlands
    Bittersweet - Harshlands Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    PWi, Giving a new meaning to F2P: Fee to Play.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    stop doing the antiQQ knight dan

talking about the gold prices I think the whole thing started to stinks when Xarfox said they were draining out coins from the economy while hiding the amount of GAs sold

omg they can post what they want but they r complaining they have no where to psot while they r posting b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    omg they can post what they want but they r complaining they have no where to psot while they r posting b:angry
    eh I know :S
    Warsoul weapon in cash shop = HUGE FAILURE
    spend 1000 dollar and u can own everyone.

@!0N here we comeb:bye
    lu-lu-ludicrous kill kill kill...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    *this is my 5th server counting CB.

* i enjoy this game enormously.

*i have many alts at or above lv 45.

*sometimes i do make small zen purchases (total $40 USD so far).

*i have caused much more gold to be bought through game coins.

*in the month that i have been back, i have only bought 2 gold with coins, as it had nearly doubled in the 2 months that i was gone.

*never yet, even above lv 75, have i needed to buy charms, mounts, TT mats, event packages, etc.

*if players want the numbers to become more balanced, simply raise your prices to compensate for the rise of gold. we'll just have to get used to dealing with higher #'s *gets calculator*

* i realize that mobs wont be dropping any more than normal & that people will still sell at lower prices for a quick sale, but that's how it was anyways huh?

*bottom line, if gold is too expensive for you, don't buy it - it will drop.

mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Karst - Dreamweaver
    Karst - Dreamweaver Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I just know their response is going to be something along the lines of
    "We're working on a solution to make everyone happy. We appreciate all the feedback. We here at PWE, aim to BLAHBLAHBLAH.
    In the meanwhile, please be patient ;)"
  • BattleFairy - Lost City
    BattleFairy - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    this game is DEFINITELY

PAY TO PLAY

just think of those noobs who wanna get hammers (dumb)
    The Swarm is imminent...
  • Anberlin - Lost City
    Anberlin - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    andracil wrote: »
    And another thing : Rest assured that when the GM's log on today, I'll refer them to this thread. Knowing them, they WILL read it.

Knowing them, they WILL make some lame post like "sorry you're upset guys, we'll look into it!" and that'll be the end of it.

The major flaw in this game (even worse than the need for IRL money) has always been the distance between the customers and the developers. b:sleep
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    See, what's happening is is that they ARE trying to fix the economy.. They were putting items out so that it would decrease the demand for them, hoping that it would balance out the other items... But what they have not realized is that by having these items go up for RL money is just ADDING currency to the economy in there.. I mean, with 1 gold it's now 300k+, and there is not very many items out there that would take that amount back out of the game. It's a balance and they haven't found the fine tune yet with it.

Start to pull currency out of the game PWI. Adding more items to just add money to the game is not going to work. You need to implement a plan to start reducing the avg amounts of money that people are getting and holding onto. Sell pots/1 time use items/etc for in game currency and DO NOT have it in the CS, or vice versa. Keep the demand of items to a certain medium.

Meh. It's too early to talk economics. :( I hope someone reads and understands what I'm saying.
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I just know their response is going to be something along the lines of
    "We're working on a solution to make everyone happy. We appreciate all the feedback. We here at PWE, aim to BLAHBLAHBLAH.
    In the meanwhile, please be patient ;)"

I wouldnt mind seeing a rollback and refund everyones money because even i have to say this is kinda crappy b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Karst - Dreamweaver
    Karst - Dreamweaver Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I wonder what's for sale next week.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    They could just close the cash shop for a week and leave the gold trade open o.o I mean the prices might go down a few k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Faildom - Harshlands
    Faildom - Harshlands Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lets all quit this game until the GMs get some brains....
    its getting worse every weekb:shocked

and yeh F2P my ****!
    edited September 2009
    Options
    mogwai wrote: »
    *this is my 5th server counting CB.

* i enjoy this game enormously.

*i have many alts at or above lv 45.

*sometimes i do make small zen purchases (total $40 USD so far).

*i have caused much more gold to be bought through game coins.

*in the month that i have been back, i have only bought 2 gold with coins, as it had nearly doubled in the 2 months that i was gone.

*never yet, even above lv 75, have i needed to buy charms, mounts, TT mats, event packages, etc.

*if players want the numbers to become more balanced, simply raise your prices to compensate for the rise of gold. we'll just have to get used to dealing with higher #'s *gets calculator*

* i realize that mobs wont be dropping any more than normal & that people will still sell at lower prices for a quick sale, but that's how it was anyways huh?

u don't understand, golds are NEEDED especially for TW GUILDS who have to use a MASSIVE amount of them and they can't just stop buying and lose to guilds that did buy at the insane prices

and since tw guilds can buy them at those prices most gold sellers just keep their crazy prices and keep increase when they feel it's justified
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i haven't even logged on,so your telling me weapons are now in the cash shop b:sad? Whats in their?
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
    edited September 2009
    Options
    See, what's happening is is that they ARE trying to fix the economy.. They were putting items out so that it would decrease the demand for them, hoping that it would balance out the other items... But what they have not realized is that by having these items go up for RL money is just ADDING currency to the economy in there.. I mean, with 1 gold it's now 300k+, and there is not very many items out there that would take that amount back out of the game. It's a balance and they haven't found the fine tune yet with it.

Start to pull currency out of the game PWI. Adding more items to just add money to the game is not going to work. You need to implement a plan to start reducing the avg amounts of money that people are getting and holding onto. Sell pots/1 time use items/etc for in game currency and DO NOT have it in the CS, or vice versa. Keep the demand of items to a certain medium.

Meh. It's too early to talk economics. :( I hope someone reads and understands what I'm saying.

Fixing the games doesn't mean adding coin boxes! Now gold will never be under 200k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    andracil wrote: »
    I'm not silencing you. Made this thread didn't I? I'm just shutting down the spam.

there was only a handful of threads that was being actively posted on the others were dying an falling to the back pages wat was so wrong with leaving the active ones open an allowing people to voice their opinions on that thread of discussion..each discussion(thread) had different but similar complaints. those are now all on page 2 an 3 so no one will see them unless they go digging for them.. i understand the need to stop spam on the forums but a post with over 50 replies mostly from different people can u really an honestly consider that spam?
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    They could just close the cash shop for a week and leave the gold trade open o.o I mean the prices might go down a few k
    No one would buy the gold because the CS is closed.
    Way ahead of you. b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Korren - Lost City
    Korren - Lost City Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

b:sad Why i still cant persuade myself to trust u...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blackcid4
    blackcid4 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    WHERE CAN I CHANGE ORDERS OF PROSPERITY FOR MONEY!b:angryb:angry
    THIS UPDATE IS FOR ANYTHING OT ONLY FOR MAKE HUNGRY PEOPLE?
    edited September 2009
    Options
    there was only a handful of threads that was being actively posted on the others were dying an falling to the back pages wat was so wrong with leaving the active ones open an allowing people to voice their opinions on that thread of discussion..each discussion(thread) had different but similar complaints. those are now all on page 2 an 3 so no one will see them unless they go digging for them.. i understand the need to stop spam on the forums but a post with over 50 replies mostly from different people can u really an honestly consider that spam?

Because makes more sense to put it all in one place to make it easier to read
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Spoons tends to go over every new post when he logs on. He may not open every thread, but he definitely sees them, and anything he should read, he will read.
    And trust me, everything that was said in those threads will be said here before long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver
    Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I wouldnt mind seeing a rollback and refund everyones money because even i have to say this is kinda crappy b:surrender

or even something of the like. Something to fix the balance and then just put a max amount you are aloud to charge for gold"shrugs" best i can think of.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    careful using logic in this thread andra might confuse the flames

Well idk we shall see
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    they should would help alot

and yeh F2P my ****!
    b:sad Why i still cant persuade myself to trust u...

there there b:sad feel srry for you and i'm gonan get mad when i logg in._.
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.