v182 Update discussion thread.

Comments

• Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver
    Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This. If yer wantin' to flame andra here, yer gonna have to flame through me, too.

from what i see one not 100+ on it most look for a thread in the general area. Two there is only maybe a dozen out. Three main thing patch fail*shrugs* They have to fix the economy of the game or its in real trouble is what the bottom line is
  • l0rdy0shi
    l0rdy0shi Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I for one will actively refuse to participate in the Anniversary Box event. Gold prices doubled literally overnight. If the devs really cared about the gold exchange, they would have made the box available for IN-GAME COINS ONLY, not like Jolly with the GAs. It's not like the gold would get any lower than 180k/ea what with the stupid chest of coins addition...
    edited September 2009
    See? You can have nice events without implementing anything CS-related. If they launch CS-events the gold price will shoot through the roof; and result in people leaving this game. b:surrender
    They just need to do the CS events in stride they have done to many in a row. As someone already said they have a steady fan base if they keep pushing its going to ruin it. They should probably do more patches that don't involve the CS things. If they do more CS events after this they probably screwed in a manner of speakingb:shutupb:surrender
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Don't forget the christmas event. b:cute One of the best ones.

the christmas event was actually really nice the snowman droped usefull stuff that we all need for our genies now.jus the snow was bad.I;d rather have snowman then this huge mess!b:angry
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I SAID IT?! HOW MANY?!

Player greed kills games, never let players control prices! No one wants to listen. NOW LOOK AT THINGS!

All I have to say is I told you so!
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Llewellyn - Lost City
    Llewellyn - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ok, then i place the exact same message here as they close my old one (lol they are so freaking corrupt)

Well as the title says, you can get a warsoul weapon for about 1000 dollar now (maybe abit more or lesser) but the event npc trades 8 lucky tokens (normal ones) for a pack of 10 mysterious chips wich means you can get about any item in game now with cash, theres plenty ppl who dont mind spending 3-5k dollar on 1 +12 item, now warsoul is a walk in the park for them

Realy starting to hope PWI killed themself after today

(Title said: Get your warsoul weapon for 1000 dollar now! but they closed it lol)
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    OK i saw a thread somewhere about gold prices going up through the roof so i'll post here about it.

Gold Prices are controlled by Players not GM's or dev's. The content PWI releases indirectly affects gold prices yes, but the main thing that control's it is the player.

Gold is a item, and like any item players will sell it for profit. Players buying items have a price that the will not go over for the item, and sellers have a price they wont go under to sell their product.

This is what's happening now to gold. There has been a lot of new content and items in the cash shop that has stimulated a large deman for gold. Because of that players who buy gold w/ their own cash, sell that gold for a high price because they know the deman is higher and that they can ask for more coin in return. so when you see gold prices peak at 400k-500k that's not the GM's putting that price there, it's the players who are selling it doing that.

The Jolly Jones event and this anniversery event as well are meant to suck money out of the pwi economy. Why you might ask? So that prices will fall.
    Players right now in PWI have a lot of money to spend, infact too much money. PWI doesn't want inflation, which means you'll have to pay more coin for the same product. Basically if players spend all their money on these new and some limited time products, then they will have less to spend on other things. This means that people selling things at a high price will have to lower that price because their buyers no longer afford there product that they are selling.

You have not seen lower prices because money is still being taken out of the pwi economy. Once enough money has been taken out you should see a big drop in the price of most things.

So in short, plese do not get mad at dev's or GM;s for bringing you new content and new items in cash shop. New content is a good thing that promotes growth and activity. Players control the price, if you dont want to pay 500k for gold, dont buy it.
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • kitane
    kitane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Huge mess? HUGE? lolunderstatement

QQQQQQQQQ
    edited September 2009
    l0rdy0shi wrote: »
    I for one will actively refuse to participate in the Anniversary Box event. Gold prices doubled literally overnight. If the devs really cared about the gold exchange, they would have made the box available for IN-GAME COINS ONLY, not like Jolly with the GAs. It's not like the gold would get any lower than 180k/ea what with the stupid chest of coins addition...

yeah but 180-200k was a medium in the economy at least as long as it didn't get worse they would have been ok in a way but they just screwed up.... The economy of the game went in a start of a heading down spiral from one patch... They really need to fix it...
  • Katz - Lost City
    Katz - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    how about making some indinspensable items, like HP/MP charms not CS related so we can continue **** playing?
    is that too much to ask? i thought so
    meow?

b:bye
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have three things to say.

1. Andracil = win. Thank you for being polite, even when we are all acting like animals.

2. While Gold Prices are through the roof, putting a little bit of real money into the Pack allows you to have epic rewards. Good and bad. Not complaining. I put 30 bucks into it, and all I got was the crappy reward every time. Yet it still was enough to give me all I needed to learn all my 79 skills... Minus the bloody spirit. As well as a nice stockpile of things I've been lacking. Like healing items. Which brings me to 3.

3. Why did those of us who actually ran Frostcovered City get screwed? Offering us 10k for items that sold for 100k, and 1 Million is just not fair. Not to mention, it was my favorite place in the game for farming pots alone. When you spend months farming a place nobody else touches, only to end up with tokens which can't do anything, but are supposedly worth 201k... You kinda get very angry. Can you explain what happened?
    edited September 2009

Player greed kills games, never let players control prices! No one wants to listen. NOW LOOK AT THINGS!

What they should do Zoe I think is put a marker on max amount allowed to price it... then let the players price as they wish. Than they can keep it from going to a bad economy to a medium to good one
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited September 2009

*gives Zoe a torch, a pitchfork and a robe*

b:laugh
    b:dirty
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I been saying it for a long time GM'S need to take control of the gold prices! remeber my post b4 the maintence? and all of u said im QQing blabla now look! RAWR KIKYO ANGRYb:shocked
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm no economist, but I believe that if they stopped adding money options in the CS, limit the items going out, and keep the cash flow under control (ie. making certain vendor items cost a bit more for a little while) and start taking some of the currency out of the economy, while decreasing the input of currency, and it will eventually trickle off. When items are bought, but resold at 10x + the amount, it's just decreasing the value of individual coins....

The rich get richer while the poor get poorer.
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • ssilly
    ssilly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Is there no way to bring down da gold prices ? b:embarrass
    the CSgold price rises is way too much b:spit
  • kitane
    kitane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Katz, I think it actually IS too much to ask. Devs/GMs = only thinking of making a profit, even at the expense of player happiness :/
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Perhaps a better way to have introduced the anniversary packs would have been to award the long time players with them instead of this ugly mount perhaps 2 a day for those who have been here longest and 1 a day for those who havent played as long, or even the amount of packs daily related to how many months u have been playin . TAKE THEM OUT OF THE CASH SHOP before the game is completely RUINED for all.....
  • Calestine - Lost City
    Calestine - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Why this event REALLY sucks for me:
    They're giving out lunar glade weapons, just like that? For people that spend money on the game. Where as before there was like...Maybe one or two had a lunar glade ring before this? These items being HANDED OUT to cash shoppers are items that shouldn't be handed out period, let alone on a server only a year old. It's like giving a gun to a 12 year old.

END GAME WEAPONS, ARMORS, AND ORNAMENTS INSTANTLY! Can I stress that point enough? Items that aren't usually farmed until there are substantial numbers of level 105s on the server. Perfect shards when the only real source of them before was world bosses? It's like they're trying to throw us head long into the point the Malaysian version is now, all at once. Not to mention the asinine way they're doing it, giving it to a select few that spend money on the game.

Really if this isn't fixed soon, I can see the server being only cash shoppers running around ticking each other's platinum charms with lunar weapons perfect sharded.
  • boca12
    boca12 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well most ppl r complaining about the game and wanting to leave so i say let them go less QQ more pew pew.

Also do what i do when a new patch comes out go farming or grind or something just to chill and let things settle because if no one buys the gold they will go down.

Also u dont need CS items to enjoy this game and u need veyr little to be good at it. MP charms u dont need it get MP recovery gear and throw a few pots and u can throw BB just like u had a charm.

So ppl less complaining more looking forward to the new classes u were all wanting

This thing does not work...been there,done that...nothing will change.
    U will need to waste money on charms we are not all clerics...lol.
    And what about TW u will say to me now that i dont need HP charm on TW.b:shutup
    If PWI dont setup max price of gold in AH this game going down for sure.
    Thats the reason that i will not invest any more money in this game bcs ive seen how this things ends.
    Only way to stop disaster is to set max gold price in AH.
    Until this thing happend they will not receive money for even 1 gold from me.
    Now i feel like all my invested money in this game is thrown in trash can.
    So all this ppl who spend thousands bcs they want to be best will end up in empty servers..then i will laugh on them bcs i lost just few hundreds...but they....hehe..they will feel so stupid...with good reason.
    b:laugh
  • Bittersweet - Harshlands
    Bittersweet - Harshlands Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    2. While Gold Prices are through the roof, putting a little bit of real money into the Pack allows you to have epic rewards. Good and bad. Not complaining. I put 30 bucks into it, and all I got was the crappy reward every time. Yet it still was enough to give me all I needed to learn all my 79 skills... Minus the bloody spirit. As well as a nice stockpile of things I've been lacking. Like healing items. Which brings me to 3.
    There are people who are unable to spend their real life money into this game due to age (Like me b:surrender). Therefore; I have spent $0 on this game and I'm doing fine, until now. 500k goldprice.. moommmyyyy b:cry
  • Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver
    Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    They should have made the anniversary packs drop from mobs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    To those asking me:
    No, I'm not closing leaving threads. If I do, it broke forum rules, or was more about the update than about leaving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    this so much better than having 20+ threads about the same problem.now to read posts from people who actually have something helpful an constructive to say about the subject i have to read 20+ posts to get to the ONE that actually has a real thought about the current problems with the updates
    edited September 2009
    They should have made the anniversary packs drop from mobs

Oh now that would be fun and it could have been random or even in certain areas only there is a % of dropping there
  • Malilizi - Harshlands
    Malilizi - Harshlands Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Thank you for completely belittling any sort of accomplishments that we have made in this game.
    edited September 2009
    Thank you for completely belittling any sort of accomplishments that we have made in this game.

I'm not belittling I'm just stating fact. If the economy of the game stays bad they are screwed. You should understand this. 'T's sad you do not
  • ssilly
    ssilly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Face it, rich gets richer & poor gets poorer b:cry
    edited September 2009
    this so much better than having 20+ threads about the same problem.now to read posts from people who actually have something helpful an constructive to say about the subject i have to read 20+ posts to get to the ONE that actually has a real thought about the current problems with the updates

This is not productive but*glomps and huggles* I couldn't resist =3 hehe
    Ok I'm happy now*solutes* lol
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    KA-BOOOOOOM o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.