v182 Update discussion thread.

Comments

• FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Because makes more sense to put it all in one place to make it easier to read

Oh really... go look at my original thread an compare it to this one an honestly tell me this is easier to make sense of than mine dont honestly think u can say this one is easier to make sense of
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    Elronia - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If things continue folks will start too leave, having cash shop items that can allow you too create an end game item is dividing the community. Any more taps of the GM's hammers it will break. Your creating a 'them an us' community. But in the end there will be just a few elitest people with endless wallets playing. Untill then, The rich will get richer. The poorer will get poorer. An people will continue too leave
    I pumped thousands of $'s into PW over the last 6 months or so. I worked very hard at creating the best wizzie i could an playing in the best way my charachter will allow me with in the limitations of the game engine. Now unless i pump 1000's more $ into PW within the next month i'd never be able too compete. Gold prices going insane...............
    Your creating an imblance within the community. I fear for whats left of it. Im pretty angry right now. The future is very black. I feel like i just wasted the last 12 months i played on here thanks, great jobb:angry
  • Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver
    Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:sad Why i still cant persuade myself to trust u...

Umm you know its bad when a lvl 100 is...b:sadb:sad about the amount of coin flow more or less...
    It doesn't give hope to the lower levels at all....b:surrender
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Because Ppl Like U Keep Spamming It Instead Of Trying To Give Opinions How To Fix This!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Because Ppl Like U Keep Spamming It Instead Of Trying To Give Opinions How To Fix This!!!!!

only way to fix is rollback

but it will never happened, let us do a minute of silence for PWI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Fixing the games doesn't mean adding coin boxes! Now gold will never be under 200k
    I understand that much. But see, they should not be adding those. They should be increasing the supply of gold and reducing the amount of coins players have access to in order to purchase said gold. If an item is too high, it won't sell. When it doesn't sell, the seller will lower the price until it is bought. People will not just throw away items unless that is the only option. That, and having 2 ways to get items/gold/etc is just stupid. That's 2 ways for cash to be generated while allowing for no openings to allow the same amount of cash to go out of the economy. If you had one way to get an item, and one way to dispose/recycle the medium with which you purchased/traded for said item, then it's going to decrease the value of the medium you are using to purchase items, effectively increasing how much you need to make it a fair trade.
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • Bittersweet - Harshlands
    Bittersweet - Harshlands Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    How to fix this:
    STOP CS-RELATED EVENTS.
    ..ಢಂಢೀ.
    edited September 2009
    The future is very black. I feel like i just wasted the last 12 months i played on here thanks, great jobb:angry

I feel the same way.... I've been play 6 months max and... it is looking bleak and like we wasted our money if they continueb:sad
  • Parody - Harshlands
    Parody - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:surprised I went to get a drink and this thread has grown like hell.

TBH the damage is done now, the only thing left is for them to either cut thier losses and fix all the economy problems, or stuck to thier guns and watch the game become a ghost town.

As usual a bland, clinical answer is to be expected b:chuckle

Oh and thanks sinfuldelite b:thanks
    There are three types of people in the world,
    Those that can count, and those that can't count.

パロディー b:mischievous
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    "thinks about next updateb:question" hmmm a cashop item that gets you to lvl 100 hmm lets put it on for 1month
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Grouping this into one huge post/thread is a horrible idea. I didn't read through 80% of the pages. I understanding what you tried to do, but you went about it the wrong way. You probably should have created 4-5 threads with proper category heads such as:

- Rising Gold Price
    - Frostcover Update
    - Upcoming Expansion
    - Anniversary Packs
    - Anniversary Mounts

Whats the sense of having a thread title if it's just a mix of 7 or 8 topics. It all becomes junk and looses teh massage. When I log in I like to scan the thread titles for a topic I am interested in. Not scan through 100 pages of repeated BS.

Good idea, but poorly executed.
    edited September 2009
    "thinks about next updateb:question" hmmm a cashop item that gets you to lvl 100 hmm lets put it on for 1month

BE QUIET

they may hear u!! D: don't give them ideas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Guepard - Sanctuary
    Guepard - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Interesting, no people known how to change Orders of Prosperity for money.
  • Sengashi - Harshlands
    Sengashi - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    How to fix this:
    STOP CS-RELATED EVENTS.
    ..ಢಂಢೀ.

Bitter you're hoping for to much. b:sad
    edited September 2009
    Oh and thanks sinfuldelite b:thanks

Very welcome*huggles* I put up a catshop and came to watch over this its more funb:thanksb:cute kind of sad when this is more fun than the game isn't it?
    Also, you right it will be a ghost town if they don't fix it...
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Grouping this into one huge post/thread is a horrible idea. I didn't read through 80% of the pages. I understanding what you tried to do, but you went about it the wrong way. You probably should have created 4-5 threads with proper category heads such as:

- Rising Gold Price
    - Frostcover Update
    - Upcoming Expansion
    - Anniversary Packs
    - Anniversary Mounts

Whats the sense of having a thread title if it's just a mix of 7 or 8 topics. It all becomes junk and looses teh massage. When I log in I like to scan the thread titles for a topic I am interested in. Not scan through 100 pages of repeated BS.

Top of the page -> Search this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anberlin - Lost City
    Anberlin - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited September 2009

You say that as if you genuinely believe any player suggested will actually be implemented.

You're joking, right?
  • Parody - Harshlands
    edited September 2009

- Rising Gold Price
    - Frostcover Update
    - Upcoming Expansion
    - Anniversary Packs
    - Anniversary Mounts

Most of these issue are pretty inter-related, such as ann. packs and gold prices. The mounts aren't a major issue, and its not as if they will give us info about the expansion is it. b:chuckle

EDIT : and yeah, im afk in arch too : )

• Notbad - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    scan through 100 pages of repeated BS.

b:question update
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    u don't understand, golds are NEEDED especially for TW GUILDS who have to use a MASSIVE amount of them and they can't just stop buying and lose to guilds that did buy at the insane prices

and since tw guilds can buy them at those prices most gold sellers just keep their crazy prices and keep increase when they feel it's justified

on the contrary, i understand quite well - they bought the server *shrugs shoulders*

LOL, at the early stages of Dreamweaver, i was convinced that a requirement for joining Calamity was to be a zen buyer : P
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Parody - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    mogwai wrote: »

LOL, at the early stages of Dreamweaver, i was convinced that a requirement for joining Calamity was to be a zen buyer : P

I loled at this b:laugh

• Notbad - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    you sad a lunar weap was in the cs whats in the cs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited September 2009

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/23245

These things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Like others, i wanna gratz andra on having so much patience.

From what I've seen, I can sort of see where the gm's/devs are coming from.
    That is, if a certain body of players are moving to another game(s), they need to make maximum money before that group leaves.

BUT

By trying to gain as much money as possible before the 'big leave' they have CREATED the big leave, or even increasing the number of leavers, with many people angry about gold prices and unfullfilled promises.

just my 2cents...b:surrender

Random trivia: I'll start out by saying I hope this doesn't break the forum rules, apologies in advance if it does. Out of all the "MMO killers" to have been released in the US since 1997 (when I started paying attention to them), only two have been successful those being EQ and WoW.

Although it's quite likely the upcoming game that shouldn't be mentioned will create a short term spike in players, as most new MMO's do, the odds are very much against the game retaining players for a decent period of time.

Infact, in the last couple of years I can think of several games that failed, some of which did what was thought to be impossible for an MMO... they didn't make a profit (or atleast break even). Vanguard in late 2007 went bankrupt. Warhammer Online in 2008 recovered it's initial costs but inside of about 6 months lost 75% of it's peak subscriber base, and about 85% as of now. Tabula Rasa did so poorly most of its copies ended up in a landfill shared with the Atari 2600 game ET, and did so bad some employees didn't even get fully paid for their work on the game.

The idea of PWE trying to milk every last dollar from players, expecting some permanent mass exodus in a couple of months is well, ridiculous. Even if that upcoming game does well, it's only going to siphon off a small percentage of players from PW just like it will siphon off from every other game.

I really don't understand this line of thinking at all, the way the MMO market has developed has the odds very much against this game being some runaway success that leaves several dead games in its wake.
    edited September 2009

cash shop boxes that give u a random item like warsouls/chips/lunar/frost/tt100/grade9gems

what else ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    haha, well it's true...folks that are in TW factions that DON"T buy zen, merely "hold the door" for those that do.

ie: armies, if you will
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Guepard - Sanctuary
    Guepard - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    >.< Waiting for known where can I get money from Orders of prosperity, it is the worse that I never see, developers try to deceive us.

1- make us lose our curvades for a few measly coins
    2- hide where change orders for coins

b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Katz - Lost City
    Katz - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i played this game for 12 months without spending rl money and i really enjoied it
    now it looks like they found out about me and and finally managed to stop me

GG pwi staff b:laugh
    meow?

b:bye
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    ~gets a rolled up newspaper~ b:angry bad gms bad!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bittersweet - Harshlands
    Bittersweet - Harshlands Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I know Seng.. I know.. b:cry
    I'm trying to farm ultimate substances right now cause it's the only way for me to earn money.. but even THAT is impossible. =\
    Some people are getting HH90 gold things that usually are rare to get.
    Lets say GX; all Cash shoppers have GX now for (future) use, which are used to be hard to get.
    People have lunar weapons which are supposed to be like HH (farming etc.) but even THAT got ruined.
    And now; with the chip boxes molds' price decreases.

PS: Gold price has reached 900k here in Harshlands at 3:54 pm 2-09-2009.
    b:bye

*Edit: naww it dropped at 450k already; lets see how long this will take.
This discussion has been closed.