[official unofficial speculation thread]New Race?Rumor?

Comments

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I don't mind this either way I suppose, as long as the supposed new classes are only "new" and not "superpowered awesometastic god-like entities with skills totally above and beyond every other class in the game".

so in short not more venos?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    As far as the Psychic goes, I'm guessing that it's going to be able to leach health/mana from mobs and players. It'd be fun if the class revolved around stacking DoTs (damage over time) spells, like I've seen in other games in the past. If it can out-damage an endgame wiz, I'm rerolling heh. I'll be a magical fishman. :P

----

For the assassin class, I'm not sure if they'd really have stealth, unless they add some kind of detection skill to counter to one of the other classes. It's probably going to be on the high-damage end of the melee spectrum, with low hp or something.

If the assassin class DOES have a sneak/hide skill that allows your yellow dot to disappear and the whole shabang, and is melee, I can see it being a huge problem for unsuspecting robe classes especially.

It's going to be really interesting, that's for sure. I'm looking forward to it and glad this game is still growing.

That's pretty much what I was thinking with the Psychic. Just the name reminds of me something like a Mesmer, Necro, or Sorcerer class....with DoTs, plenty of debuffs, and/or HP leech. There aren't any other classes in the game that have this so far really.

As for Assassin...I say EXTREMELY high close ranged DPS, sleath, maybe not so many stuns, but IMO dependent on high crits just like Archers.

Sigh, not a big fan of the problems in this game already, but it's always nice to see something fresh. I'm getting bored of the map already.
  • Seinina - Sanctuary
    Seinina - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    One suggestion I have here. Some quests (bonus bean rebirth squads come to mind immediately as mentioned earlier in this thread) depend on having specific classes. If the requirements are adjusted to require the two new classes as well (assuming the squad is expanded to 8) then these squads will not exist until people using the new classes get to a high enough level. If they are not required then these classes might be considered relatively useless, particularly for these setups. On to the suggestion: Allow people who already have high level characters to create these new characters at a relatively high level, say allowing anyone with a character over lv 60 to create a lv 50 tideborn. That way these new classes can be quickly integrated into the game and us high levels won't be left hanging too long for them to catch up.

On a side note, this could be applied to the existing classes too, though it might be more critical for the new classes.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    One suggestion I have here. Some quests (bonus bean rebirth squads come to mind immediately as mentioned earlier in this thread) depend on having specific classes. If the requirements are adjusted to require the two new classes as well (assuming the squad is expanded to 8) then these squads will not exist until people using the new classes get to a high enough level. If they are not required then these classes might be considered relatively useless, particularly for these setups. On to the suggestion: Allow people who already have high level characters to create these new characters at a relatively high level, say allowing anyone with a character over lv 60 to create a lv 50 tideborn. That way these new classes can be quickly integrated into the game and us high levels won't be left hanging too long for them to catch up.

On a side note, this could be applied to the existing classes too, though it might be more critical for the new classes.

Gawd, I hope they are smart enough *NOT* to do this.

You'll just have to struggle through the lower levels with the rest of the Common Folk.

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I have to agree with RedMenace

and also where's the fun if u already skip levels with the new race
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I have to agree with RedMenace

and also where's the fun if u already skip levels with the new race

The fishy FB19 and the <20 quests for them would just be ignored...

I'm kind of looking forward to seeing the starter area swarmed like they all were on the first day of Open Beta. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If this new place beyond DWP is for this new race (if it exists). Then I'd probably try one just to see the quest lines and etc till it caught up with the rest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I actually hope they do that. That way i can be a lvl 87 wizard insteadb:cute
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    b:puzzled Why would you choose an archer for melee combat? By definition an archer is a ranged attacker, considering the term archery refers to the use of a bow and arrow.

with TT 99 gold light sleeves + boot and TT 99 gold phys def neck + belt..and any other negative interval equipment.. a archer can get up to a possible 5.0 attk rate with claws.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    As for Assassin...I say EXTREMELY high close ranged DPS, sleath, maybe not so many stuns, but IMO dependent on high crits just like Archers.

Oh dear, talk about BM's being completely replaced =/

Basically sounds like what a blademaster should have been, a "Blade", most likely lower vit but instead high damage and a high evasion and accuracy. Mebbe comes with attack power and attack speed self-buffs and high-damage melee skills.

Pwi will undoubtedly use the cover of "lower hp as a weakness so not OP" while players will instantly compensate with citrines and refines.
  • Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Replying to the closed thread:
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/newsubpage/frostcovered-city-update-5791

With all the stuff thats been posted and such. Would make sense if the thing on the left of that pic is

new race. Looks like it would be. Fits into everything we know so far. Pure speculation but think so.

FYI, those aren't the new race... Those are mobs that already exist in Frostcovered City. (go figure?)

Glacix: Elemento

Glacix: Aeolian Shadow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trevieeeee
    trevieeeee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If you look at the map theres a massive area to the south that's unused and 1/2 of it is water it could easily be turned into a new starting town and areas from 1-19 lol
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Psyhic could easily be seen as a god to venos. It's all about how PW chooses to skill them. Psychics use thier own mind to control the world around them. I could think of them having "pets" like venos, controlling mobs to attack eachother, sleep, stun, healing, dps, tanking, vitality skills.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    it would be fun if new races came out ^^ i would certainly make a alt

maybe theyre nto gona ahve dmg rediction in water but tehyre gona have some on land?since theyre water creatures?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Archville - Sanctuary
    Archville - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'd like to see the Assassin using Katars, thats the classic assassin weapon in most MMO i played that had them.
  • Remedicus - Sanctuary
    Remedicus - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well to be honest, I think adding new classes will be SUPER dumb. Remember this is my opinion.

Its already super rediculous getting stuff, gettign mats and getting coins and this and that, then to add more different types of classes and equipment and stuff. I mean It sounds cool but when i get down to it, its gonna be more of a hassle. I think This expansion is geared towards to New Players and not the ones with High level characters, cuz the time spent working on ur main is enough for me in my eyes LOL. b:surrender
  • Eremedy - Dreamweaver
    Eremedy - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    So we would have to start from level one if the do come?

Well then again... If I had a great intrest in it... Levelling isn't actually THAT hard in this game.
    I think i could catch up my current char in 2-3 months if I played as hardcore (just because now I know what are the tricks to levelling :D).

What I have noticed in this game, races don't oppose each other - as in many other games there are 2-4 "factions" or "races" or "states" that will oppose each other and if they are in different ones, they can't interact with each-other much.
    Still idk how that kind of a system would... Naah, probably not.

But what was meant in that video by "will you choose them or fight them" or something? :O
    Maybe some kind of a shattering WILL be occurring! :O

Oh I must say I'm pretty excited :)
    Realized that there is soo much to look forward to in this game as it still seemes to be in its baby shoes :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well TBH I think, No, I KNOW this isn't going to happen.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    b:scorn

All talk, no bite, eh?
    ~bites~
    Speaking of, I think it's high time the untamed got more true forms.
    Enough with the white tigers and foxes everywhere -_-
    but what will happen to foxy grandpa?
    How about a free fist for your face!

Mages get the charms in the expansion, and everyone knows it. Clerics get moth balls to throw at guys that walk up to everyone saying "buffs plzzz" after 13 seconds of standing there.

On topic, if the Psychics heal mana I'm gonna **** my pants. Anyone who plays a class that heals mana probably going to be even more cranky than a high level cleric or barb.

LOL you know the psychics are gonna get pissed asap :P

g2g >_> and what will happened to rebirth order then? 8 in a team o.O how could you get the 500....and you know alot of people will rage quit if this comes out b:bye
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    People want new content, changes.
    But cry about it when they get it.
    Yes, we all are use to the way things have been and that is the reason why most dont want to accept the changes. How can anyone jump to conclusion and assume that it will be unbalanced or overpowered when we dont even know how any of it will work. Yes psychics have mind control and all but it doesnt mean that the new race will be a cookie-cutter class either. Open your mind to possibilities that you may not think possible because people are to busy complaining about "unbalanced, OP, Im gonna quit if we get a new class etc etc". Its just like all the veno hate from before. What people need to realize is that everyone has the option to create the same type of character and class as anyone else. Each client has 8 slots. If you think the new class is unbalanced then create you one and use that to your advantage. Nothing is unbalanced. It is all made the way the developers planned on making it. And everyone has the same options as everyone else. get use to it.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    rsin wrote: »
    People want new content, changes.
    But cry about it when they get it.
    Yes, we all are use to the way things have been and that is the reason why most dont want to accept the changes. How can anyone jump to conclusion and assume that it will be unbalanced or overpowered when we dont even know how any of it will work. Yes psychics have mind control and all but it doesnt mean that the new race will be a cookie-cutter class either. Open your mind to possibilities that you may not think possible because people are to busy complaining about "unbalanced, OP, Im gonna quit if we get a new class etc etc". Its just like all the veno hate from before. What people need to realize is that everyone has the option to create the same type of character and class as anyone else. Each client has 8 slots. If you think the new class is unbalanced then create you one and use that to your advantage. Nothing is unbalanced. It is all made the way the developers planned on making it. And everyone has the same options as everyone else. get use to it.
    ppl here are crying and asking devs to fix bugs, balance and try to fix golds if possible or at least don't create [removed] like the coin boxes

and ur tip sucks cuz we can't all take the veno since it's imbalanced... who's gonna tank and heal after ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hmm the rumors are quite interesting. :)

I have looked on the PW Database and have seen under the Weapons tab that there is a "Whips" section. Perhaps this could be used for the assassins?

I have also wondered if the Psychics could be able to use magic weapons (major guess says yes), because to me anyway, unarmed would be pretty appropriate for them (only using their hands).

I also can't help but wonder what the flying mounts would be for them. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Archville - Sanctuary
    Archville - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hmm, personally i don't think a whip would fit Assassins. o,o perhaps daggers or Katars but...thats just me. :x
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited August 2009

was that really necessary? I don't seem to recall any veno remarks while I continually helped you as you first started playing. I'll leave it at that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hmm the rumors are quite interesting. :)

I have looked on the PW Database and have seen under the Weapons tab that there is a "Whips" section. Perhaps this could be used for the assassins?

I have also wondered if the Psychics could be able to use magic weapons (major guess says yes), because to me anyway, unarmed would be pretty appropriate for them (only using their hands).

I also can't help but wonder what the flying mounts would be for them. ^^

Unarmed would look pretty awesome, but there's also the unused staves category as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    was that really necessary? I don't seem to recall any veno remarks while I continually helped you as you first started playing. I'll leave it at that.

i was just saying that venos are that powered as u described lol xD and i apreciate u helpin me stil dob:surrender

so sry if i ofended u in a wayb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hmm, personally i don't think a whip would fit Assassins. o,o perhaps daggers or Katars but...thats just me. :x

Actually entanglement and serous injuries can occur with a normal RL whip much less a fantasy one with gods know what power. I also made post a while back asking about said whips and I think they indicated it was on the way but we all figured it was waiting for another class due to the odd requiremnts matched no class currently. I think we came down to currently it was good for archers which would negate thier skills.
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    and ur tip sucks cuz we can't all take the veno since it's imbalanced... who's gonna tank and heal after ?

Actually, what does imbalanced have to do with squad based stuff. Because in a squad if something is imbalanced then that works towards the advantage of the whole squad. The only imbalance Ill ever understand anyone complaining about is in PvP situations where its player vs player. Otherwise imbalances dont effect anyone else. My point is that everyone gets to choose what class and role they play and we all have that same option. Its been that way since the beginning. get use to it.
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I still vote for the whips being a in the chain whip category that would make sense for a assassinish character.
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    rsin wrote: »
    Actually, what does imbalanced have to do with squad based stuff. Because in a squad if something is imbalanced then that works towards the advantage of the whole squad. The only imbalance Ill ever understand anyone complaining about is in PvP situations where its player vs player. Otherwise imbalances dont effect anyone else. My point is that everyone gets to choose what class and role they play and we all have that same option. Its been that way since the beginning. get use to it.

Great point very well said! :D

Every class has their own way of being broken because of their own advantages, of course it really depends on how the player uses them. I'm pretty sure that if there is a release of this new race that they will have their advantages and are broken in their own way, but there has to be at least one way that they balanced. For example: How do we know that this potential race is more broken just underwater not on land? Maybe they have the major advantage just underwater like swimming mastery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
This discussion has been closed.