[official unofficial speculation thread]New Race?Rumor?

Options

Comments

• DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Assassin's use daggers. In every MMO I've played assassin's used daggers.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I can totally see their mounts being a surf board or a flying dolphinb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I still vote for the whips being a in the chain whip category that would make sense for a assassinish character.

no it wouldnt make sence rofl
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    boo4u wrote: »
    shuttt uppppppp

WHINE MOAR!!!!111oneone!!11
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i vote that they give the new race a good reason to exist.
    i vote that they also fix necessary glitches in the game.
    i vote for all fairness though. fix the glitches, not just the ones that dont benefit us individually but those glitches that do benefit us. If it is glitches and things that ppl complain about then go ahead and let the developers fix them all. Fix fleshream etc. while they are at it though...also fix the glitch that everyone doesnt complain about for some reason. that being the glitch that allows veno's to pull mobs. let other classes have a chance at pullin mobs for a change. Then its not only about who's gonna tank or heal but also about who's gonna pull. Have fun bringing the whole group of mobs back to the squad if they do fix that glitch also.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    rsin wrote: »
    Actually, what does imbalanced have to do with squad based stuff. Because in a squad if something is imbalanced then that works towards the advantage of the whole squad. The only imbalance Ill ever understand anyone complaining about is in PvP situations where its player vs player. Otherwise imbalances dont effect anyone else. My point is that everyone gets to choose what class and role they play and we all have that same option. Its been that way since the beginning. get use to it.
    I missed where they did wrote that veno use a lot of bugs to play correctly while choosing class sry :(

and venos can be called "imbalanced" also on a PvE side, so my question stands still... who should heal and tank if most ppl grabs the OP class ?

just give a look around at those who whine cuz of the lack of barbs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    no it wouldnt make sence rofl

O_o how would it not make sense? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain_whip that is so an assassin weapon >_<
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i play a veno, i play a barb and i play a cleric. so im not whining about lack of anything. Im enjoying the game the way i have been since i started playing it. i dont stick to one character. they all have op advantages and bugs. they all can do things that other classes cant. I do my best to adapt to that and switch roles when needed. Also helps that some of us have 2 or more computers and accounts. I can play barb and cleric at the same time if i choose to.

and its not just the veno who plays with the bugs...its also the squad that calls for the veno to pull who uses bugs to play too.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    rsin wrote: »
    i play a veno, i play a barb and i play a cleric. so im not whining about lack of anything. Im enjoying the game the way i have been since i started playing it. i dont stick to one character. they all have op advantages and bugs. they all can do things that other classes cant. I do my best to adapt to that and switch roles when needed. Also helps that some of us have 2 or more computers and accounts. I can play barb and cleric at the same time if i choose to.
    *facepalm* that is all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    *facepalm* that is all

*leaps in, supporting facepalm*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    O_o how would it not make sense? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain_whip that is so an assassin weapon >_<

It's Perfect World...it doesn't have to make senseb:chuckle. There are a lot of things in this particualr game that really have no logic behind it like the fish mount XD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    *joins in*
    3650992347_6a708a5871.jpg
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It's Perfect World...it doesn't have to make senseb:chuckle. There are a lot of things in this particualr game that really have no logic behind it like the fish mount XD.

But.... but chain whips.... they're chinese... ish? They work!! b:angry
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
    edited August 2009
    Options
    *joins in*
    3650992347_6a708a5871.jpg

b:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    That's a lot of facepalm
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Why so much fail..QQ

Head%20in%20Hands.jpg
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

It doesn't really make sense that tigers/lions/wolves/pandas walk on two feet and all transform into white tigers either b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Assassin's use daggers. In every MMO I've played assassin's used daggers.

In one I play they use throwing stars, bandits use daggers.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It doesn't really make sense that tigers/lions/wolves/pandas walk on two feet and all transform into white tigers either b:angry

sure it does. And do you know why?
    1235421655368.jpg
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
    edited August 2009
    Options
    1235421655368.jpg
    I love portal and HL2 mods!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Ok, just a quick thought that has nothing to do with the classes directly, but rather the starting areas. If they are underwater, how were will the herbs and mats be? Will they have small islands that have harvistable stuff on them? Or will the herbs and tree stumps magically be able to grow underwater?

For the classes, I have no opinion about the sins, since I'm a magic user through and through, but the psychic looks interesting. I'd love it it they're able to use telekinetic powers to hurt enemies (think lifting them up high with mental power, then letting them drop. hehehe.) Maybe a few sleep and stun debuffs as well (YoU aRe GeTtInG sLeEeEePy.) Or, how about the ability to make a mob think it's a ballet dancer ( Think about it, seeing spider or a mantid suddenly trying to do a pirouette).Yes, I DO have a sick, twisted mind, thanks for asking.

And, as for the people who are QQing about the new classes, all I have to say is:

THIS!!!!!

Seriously people, why are you complaining? There's nothing to complain about. If you want to complain about them, then wait until they're out, and you have played them. Then we'll talk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    1235421655368.jpg

Ohh. Didn't think of that. Well in that case, it makes perfect sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Miiko - Dreamweaver
    Miiko - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Wait wait wait... what is that person in this picture? :o
    this.jpg
    Am I just an idiot, or is that the new race? b:surrender
    Miiko: a Venomancer powered by coffee. c[_]

Dynasty recruiting people level 75+ ^-^
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Wait wait wait... what is that person in this picture? :o
    this.jpg
    Am I just an idiot, or is that the new race? b:surrender

I don't think your an idiot for thinking that. But to me it looks like an elf that dyed her head feathers or something (I have a theory about these head feathers and the connection to the wings, and this falls into it nicely, BTW (am I over thinking things here?)). While it's possible that they'll look like that, I don't think an underwater race will have the same features as the humans and elves do. Plus, she doesn't have gills or anything, which should be present in an underwater race, IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Miiko - Dreamweaver
    Miiko - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I don't think your an idiot for thinking that. But to me it looks like an elf that dyed her head feathers or something (I have a theory about these head feathers and the connection to the wings, and this falls into it nicely, BTW (am I over thinking things here?)). While it's possible that they'll look like that, I don't think an underwater race will have the same features as the humans and elves do. Plus, she doesn't have gills or anything, which should be present in an underwater race, IMO.

But... On the same pages, the feathers are drawn completely differently. >.>; Not just the color, I mean. :P
    Miiko: a Venomancer powered by coffee. c[_]

Dynasty recruiting people level 75+ ^-^
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    But... On the same pages, the feathers are drawn completely differently. >.>; Not just the color, I mean. :P

I suppose it shall remain a mystery until we actually know what the new race looks like. It is interesting to think about though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    Ascii - Harshlands Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    well you got GMs saying we should be getting chuffed for soon to be updates, he might aswell just put

"This cannot be confirmed, but hang tight becose something BIG is coming oh yes o.- o.- o.- o.- *wink* o.- o.- *nudge* o.-"

would be cool but i gaurentee that one of them classes will be like the Modo from jade dynasty, cashshop it and it becomes unstoppable.
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    would be cool but i gaurentee that one of them classes will be like the Modo from jade dynasty, cashshop it and it becomes unstoppable.

We have venos for that in PWb:chuckle
    Ascii<3
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
This discussion has been closed.