[official unofficial speculation thread]New Race?Rumor?

Comments

• Feles - Dreamweaver
    Feles - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Meh unless one of the new classes is a soloest I could care less what they do to the game balance. You people worry to much about things you have no idea how they are going to work or have yet to be shown to be true.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    K what you want to bet?
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Feles - Dreamweaver
    Feles - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    a fool and his cash moment here? b:laugh and here I was thinking my other MMO's players was bad for this sort of thing eash. I'm going to sit in the shadows and watch to see how this one plays out more fun that way.
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    *cough* Weapons?

b:pleased
    I want a fishy woman charr which use whip b:chuckle in LA 90 or dark/sexy fashion could look sooo cooooool ...

YES for fresh air! Game is already unbalanced so crying about unbalancing new race is ... haven't sense. I'm a little boring now by this game, so new race is my dream. Something neew! x3 yatta!
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    As far as the Psychic goes, I'm guessing that it's going to be able to leach health/mana from mobs and players. It'd be fun if the class revolved around stacking DoTs (damage over time) spells, like I've seen in other games in the past. If it can out-damage an endgame wiz, I'm rerolling heh. I'll be a magical fishman. :P

----

For the assassin class, I'm not sure if they'd really have stealth, unless they add some kind of detection skill to counter to one of the other classes. It's probably going to be on the high-damage end of the melee spectrum, with low hp or something.

If the assassin class DOES have a sneak/hide skill that allows your yellow dot to disappear and the whole shabang, and is melee, I can see it being a huge problem for unsuspecting robe classes especially.

It's going to be really interesting, that's for sure. I'm looking forward to it and glad this game is still growing.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If you've played other mmos with an assassin type class, you'd know what we meant by overpowered.
    b:pleased
    I want a fishy woman charr which use whip b:chuckle in LA 90 or dark/sexy fashion could look sooo cooooool ...

YES for fresh air! Game is already unbalanced so crying about unbalancing new race is ... haven't sense. I'm a little boring now by this game, so new race is my dream. Something neew! x3 yatta!

Last MMO I played I was an assasin! I miss it! Would love it to be implemented here.

I quoted the 2 I did b/c finally... ppl will have something else to cry about than the "bugged" not bugged "glitched" not glitched PHOENIX!! Hurrah!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    K what you want to bet?

The contents of my pocket. b:chuckle
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    As far as the Psychic goes, I'm guessing that it's going to be able to leach health/mana from mobs and players. It'd be fun if the class revolved around stacking DoTs (damage over time) spells, like I've seen in other games in the past. If it can out-damage an endgame wiz, I'm rerolling heh. I'll be a magical fishman. :P

----

For the assassin class, I'm not sure if they'd really have stealth, unless they add some kind of detection skill to counter to one of the other classes. It's probably going to be on the high-damage end of the melee spectrum, with low hp or something.

If the assassin class DOES have a sneak/hide skill that allows your yellow dot to disappear and the whole shabang, and is melee, I can see it being a huge problem for unsuspecting robe classes especially.

It's going to be really interesting, that's for sure. I'm looking forward to it and glad this game is still growing.

If assassins does have stealth mode, I'm sure PW will also give them the ability to detect one another. Warrior should not have the ability to detect tho, it should be the assassins job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This is interesting im curious...........

This expansion will add more things probably from our suggestions or not......

I hope a revamp with the sqd mode amplify to 8 players at least it could make the things more easy

*sighs*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • XxHKSSxx - Heavens Tear
    XxHKSSxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    omg no pls no.. i played archers cause i thought we can use claws and have super fast atk speed. and now u come out assasin class when im near end game!! omgggggg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    b:puzzled Why would you choose an archer for melee combat? By definition an archer is a ranged attacker, considering the term archery refers to the use of a bow and arrow.
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If assassin will be fast attacking, hard hitting melee as expected, then I feel pity for fistmasters.
    edited August 2009
    I'd wager on them being a ranged/melee hybrid myself, with some metal and poison based skills.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Speculation: Psychics can "heal" mana, helping all clerics in game gain a ridiculous amount of MP back during battle.

b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FadedChaos - Heavens Tear
    FadedChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Maybe the Psychics will be able to use the "display attributes" button, that shows up when you right click on a players name.
  • Matche - Heavens Tear
    Matche - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Possible look for the new race?

20090817121128.jpg

Looks like these are the "staff holders", but again it could be just a dungeon decoration <.<
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Most likely assassin will have some "shadow step" type skills to speed them into and away from the enemy and some type of increase damage at the cost of defense "frenzy" skills. I'd expect their gearing to be high evasion reliant and their weapon types to be throwing weaps and daggers. (the whips I heard about being in other versions for heavy melee venos)

Psychic I'd actually predict as being a blender type class whose abilities are based more heavily off their target. Rather than the standard caster class, I predict more of a magic based off phys damage with a weapon that actually has the appearance of a structure of magic, hovering balls, that sorta thing. I'd assume heavily debuff skilled in combination with "skill theft" or skill cloning from opponents.

Neither of these concepts would really be overpowered, but would introduce new elements, especially into tw environments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It's hard to see where a new class would fit, without either stepping on someone's toes or becoming underpowered itself.

I guess they could introduce a whole new gameplay mechanic/area and have them be best at that. The obvious choice would be underwater fighting. Every current class pretty much loathes it. If this class had, say, much better underwater movement (perhaps something as simple as being able to sidestep like we can on land) then that would make them nicely unique in an area that no class currently dominates. (Well, barbs have underwater movement speed, but it's hardly their class defining feature)

The game would have to add a LOT of underwater content, though. A class that is only good for 10 quests would be un-fun. Not to mention the single underwater instance.

Another possibility would be to make them a good solo class. It doesn't matter how good they are at it, by definition it doesn't step on anyone's toes. (Though it might make some Veno's reroll, and done wrong might mess up the economy)

But we already have 'best healer' 'best tank' 'best DD' and the three cross-classes 'healer/tank' 'dd tank' and 'healer dd' (cleric, barb, archer, veno, bm, wizard)
    The 'other' features, luring buff and debuff are distributed fairly evenly as well.
    I guess there's room for a three way class (dd+tank+healer) but it'd be third-rate at all three (or just stupidly overpowered) - and that makes it a soloer.

Looking at what some other games have done with having many classes, and seeing something this game doesn't currently have: Charm.
    A pet-class which doesn't *own* a pet, but instead *temporarily* takes control of a monster. Thinking about it, that could very well be the psychic.

Oh - and hate-list wiping. We don't have much in the way of crowd-control in this game yet. Pretty much just luring and "Hate me the most!" Some kind of "Ok, go back to sleep" spell would be interesting.

Alternately, perhaps temporary constructions - summon an immobile pet that has an aoe, sort of thing.

There's no in-air or underwater transformation, but two land transforms. This would be mostly graphical, but could also be class-defining in the way tiger-form currently is.
  • __Necro__ - Sanctuary
    __Necro__ - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    200th post on this thread :D b:victory

I like the class ideas personally, but I don't think they should be added to the current servers.
    OmgPwnage
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It could make the balance issues worse, obviously. Other MMOs nto to be named release whole patches in order to fix issues with OP skills/class abilities, etc. but I have never ONCE seen a PW skill get nerfed/improved.

Flesh ream, for example b:cute

Bramble guard and bramble hood got nerfed. Swim mastery got taken out.

Alacrity has a 50% chance to freeze now, another barb skill got a 50% stun and a 3rd skill never misses now.

That's 6 that spring to mind, not counting dozens of genie skills.

Flesh ream brings in the dough, so it won't get fixed.

Edit: Oh and on topic... *imagines the new fb19 with mantavip and 2 DoDs at the end*
    muahahahaha, rick roll'd fishies! /pinky finger
    b:dirty
    edited August 2009
    It's hard to see where a new class would fit, without either stepping on someone's toes or becoming underpowered itself.

I fail to see why there can't be a class that's equally good at doing the same job of an existing class, whether it be tanking, nuking, or healing. Not any better or worse at doing the job, just goes about doing it in a different way. Sure, one might think "Well why would I want to play that class when this class can already do the job?" the real question is "Why not?" If both classes can do the same job equally well, then you get something that's very important, variety. If they added a class that could tank just as effectively as a barbarian, you'd now have a choice, do you want to play as a tanking tiger, or the new class? Now of course, I'd prefer to see the new classes each have their own job. I like the idea of a class that focuses on buffing and debuffing, freeing up the other classes to focus more on doing what they do best.
  • ShoeFury - Sanctuary
    ShoeFury - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hmmm... Interesting. A new magic class to tryb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Joined Aug 2008 on HT--
    Just lurkin' the forums these days and makin' occassional stupid posts
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I fail to see why there can't be a class that's equally good at doing the same job of an existing class.

Because, in practice, it's almost impossible. (Well, you could just add new models to an existing class, but that is more easily done as fashion items)

So whatever you do, the new class will be slightly better or slightly worse in some areas, and the playerbase WILL find those differences, and shout and cry about them (magnifying their importance massively)
    edited August 2009
    And how would that be any different from what the players do with the existing classes?
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Speaking of, I think it's high time the untamed got more true forms.
    Enough with the white tigers and foxes everywhere -_-
    b:dirty
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Speaking of, I think it's high time the untamed got more true forms.
    Enough with the white tigers and foxes everywhere -_-

b:chuckle i want free charms for clerics XD
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    b:chuckle i want free charms for clerics XD

How about a free fist for your face!

Mages get the charms in the expansion, and everyone knows it. Clerics get moth balls to throw at guys that walk up to everyone saying "buffs plzzz" after 13 seconds of standing there.

On topic, if the Psychics heal mana I'm gonna **** my pants. Anyone who plays a class that heals mana probably going to be even more cranky than a high level cleric or barb.
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Sounds interesting. More content = good, don't knock it until you've tried it, imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    How about a free fist for your face!

Mages get the charms in the expansion, and everyone knows it. Clerics get moth balls to throw at guys that walk up to everyone saying "buffs plzzz" after 13 seconds of standing there.

On topic, if the Psychics heal mana I'm gonna **** my pants. Anyone who plays a class that heals mana probably going to be even more cranky than a high level cleric or barb.

o sry did u get kicked in a fb to get replaced by a cleric?b:cute

ON TOPIC: i would lowe them if they would heal mp ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    how about decreasing the mp % required for charm ticking from 75% to 50% so a cleric can actually use pots and apoc **** to pump mp and keep the charm alive for bad situations
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.