[official unofficial speculation thread]New Race?Rumor?

Options

Comments

• Juggernaut - Harshlands
    Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    12,500 views and counting. b:laugh

I think a new race would be pretty awesome. I would imagine that it would take a lot of work to balance anything like that they bring into the game, but I really don't think it would be so bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SultryShade - Dreamweaver
    SultryShade - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well because I'm lazy I didn't read all 30 pages of posts but here's my thoughts if this were to be true, which I doubt.

The Tideborn race are going to be a race highly skilled in debuffs.

Assassins: Physical attackers with lots of damage debuffs: poison, bleed, burn, freezerburn (b:chuckle), etc etc. Their main weapon will likely be fists/claws and/or swords/blades.

Psychic: Magic attackers/debuffers. Their magic will likely be either all/multiple element or no element at all. Their debuffs will focus on status effects such as sleep, stun, seal, freeze, and confuse.

This is what I can think of, but in all honesty I doubt it'll happen.
    I will not hesitate to beat you over the head with your own stupidity.

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • AkuNeke - Heavens Tear
    AkuNeke - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Oooh I look forward to having new classes would give a new chance at learning a new class for once in a long while. And if we do have an expansion to the map maybe have a city underwater? merchants and all under there I think it would be a good idea.
  • Liushan - Heavens Tear
    Liushan - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    hmm... well, i hope assasin have katar :) Ragnarok player know that weapon.. but still... maybe i'll try that new class
    LiuShan 8x HT TheEmpire (last stop)

Fy, KrispyKreme, pandarilla, Gaheris, Pendekar
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well if they do make these classes, from my exprience in MMo games, i can expect

Physic- The ultimate Mind controller/ debuffer class. This class has the power to debuff their enemies offense and defense as well as control their opponent for short periods of time (Veno) To making them sleep or making them lose motor skills (cleric) but though it is made primarily of these to classes, their debuffs and mind control are even more powerful then those of any other class. This class may not be the hardest hitting of the magic classes, but if you know how to use them right, together with debuffs and using your head, this class will be a force to be reckon with.

Assasian- To the Best DD this side of the world. This class will have high dps also having high crit rate (archer) but rather low defense which it makes up for in evasion. This class will not have many Stuns like the bm or not the hp of a barb, but its Super High dps makes this class close to unstoppable. This class will be known as the Stealth killer, for it will probably have some either short invicniblity to short invisiblity, which gives it a upper hand in pk/pvp. This class will also be either using debuffs as the physic or using self buffs to give it an upper hand to its opponent. This class will be hard to learn, but once learned, it is hard 2 be stopped, watch out :).

Now I have no clue if this is right, but i would think this would be a great overview if they make this class.

Personally i would love if they made these new classes considering A. it will give a whole new outlook on this game which means a better storyline, and pretty much more people coming to this server. I know this would mean more people will rage quit because they didnt have a shot a this class when they were "Noobs" but this also brings in a new viewpoint of this game. These classes mean an all new tatic to the game, from the way people form parties, to the way people pvp in general. These classes are a sign of new oppurnities and new hope, and for veterans, a new found fun and hope for this game. So this is my unofficial class overview, hope you find it interesting. Till Next time

~Silver
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Wait wait wait... what is that person in this picture? :o
    this.jpg
    Am I just an idiot, or is that the new race? b:surrender

Photoshop fail down there much? b:chuckle

Also, that's been around as long as PWI has, if not longer.
    I'm pretty excited to see what comes of this

Me too. b:victory
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm pretty excited to see what comes of this

Aren't we all? b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Personally im excited for the new strageties needed to be made up in pk, i mean this is going to be a whole new twist on everything
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    hmm... well, i hope assasin have katar :) Ragnarok player know that weapon.. but still... maybe i'll try that new class

Next thing you know, they may implement whips like the dancers and the gypsies.

....OH WAIT A MINUTE......
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Hey guys...I went exploring to the "unavail" sec of the map on the bottom near the underwater temple and I found this....

Is this the new area of the race, the capital city perhaps? b:laughsuki_tideborncity.jpg[/IMG]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    suprisingly, i think u found the land of the tideborns, gratz :)

~Silver
  • Kylley - Sanctuary
    Kylley - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    O.O I'm so going there next time i log in b:thanks
    Hi! =^.^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Main pets:
    Rayder, Sharptooth Wolfling: main pet
    Lyro, Guardian Wolf: magic tank, dder
    Kowlin: lurer
    Flameche, Blazing Pheonix
    BigBro, Crystalline Magmite: tanker (Yes i finally have a magmite, my bro gave me his cause he got a Walker b:surrender )
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yeah, that does indeed seem to be the capital. We took a flyby of the island (I was Girasole in that picture) and there's more to it, even.

I have a few more screens of the island, I could post them if anyone is interested. Let me know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Kylley - Sanctuary
    Kylley - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yeah, that does indeed seem to be the capital. We took a flyby of the island (I was Girasole in that picture) and there's more to it, even.

I have a few more screens of the island, I could post them if anyone is interested. Let me know.

Please pictures b:cute b:thanks
    Hi! =^.^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Main pets:
    Rayder, Sharptooth Wolfling: main pet
    Lyro, Guardian Wolf: magic tank, dder
    Kowlin: lurer
    Flameche, Blazing Pheonix
    BigBro, Crystalline Magmite: tanker (Yes i finally have a magmite, my bro gave me his cause he got a Walker b:surrender )
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options

The thread "new place" is all about that place...I think it has screenshots as well. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Hmm yeah, that thread has some good pics, they're probably better than mine. :P Head over there. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I wonder if new race means:

-new FB19 place? as all races have
    -squad size increased? to be able to have all classes in squad
    -new weapons?
  • Spinehealer - Sanctuary
    Spinehealer - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    invisable wall =s i see the land ramp but thats it i want to get closer howww....

max out distances lol duh

well this pretty much conferms it
  • SultryShade - Dreamweaver
    SultryShade - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I actually find it interesting none of the posts mention that pwdatabase.com has a section under weapons for whips and the possible correlation there, or if they did meh...
    I will not hesitate to beat you over the head with your own stupidity.

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yes there is whip weapons which means that this class was long time coming...suprisingly. At first i didnt think much of it but now.....

~Silver
  • Reane - Sanctuary
    Reane - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Honestly i find it a little fishy about the new classes. the first picture looks like nothing more than a barb using that discipline genie flying skill, along with having some blue armor. the one in ether just looks like a mage using relentless courage genie skill...
    Reane-archer-82
    HeavensRage-blademaster-65
    HeavenSorrow-venomancer-74
    Abby_G-assassin-57
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Nah i heard from a good source that there has been some hard work being put into the new classes so.....

~Silver
  • Reane - Sanctuary
    Reane - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Nah i heard from a good source that there has been some hard work being put into the new classes so.....

hope its true, new classes would make a great alt b:pleased
    Reane-archer-82
    HeavensRage-blademaster-65
    HeavenSorrow-venomancer-74
    Abby_G-assassin-57
  • wynke
    wynke Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm looking forward to this! I'm not in love with the amphibian look tho. Made me get that old southern song "Frog Went a'Courtin'" stuck in my head :/

I really enjoyed playing a rogue/assassin in another mmorpg, and I'm likely to try this new class/race out ASAP. Bring it on!!
  • FadedChaos - Heavens Tear
    FadedChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    So what do we think they will look like ?

Personally (since alot of quests are on land) I will go for a 2 legged humanoid form, maybe with small fins on the arms etc, but I wouldnt be surprised if underwater they have a shapeshift ability like the untamed............ transform into a shark anyone !!!! b:laugh
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I don't think your an idiot for thinking that. But to me it looks like an elf that dyed her head feathers or something (I have a theory about these head feathers and the connection to the wings, and this falls into it nicely, BTW (am I over thinking things here?)). While it's possible that they'll look like that, I don't think an underwater race will have the same features as the humans and elves do. Plus, she doesn't have gills or anything, which should be present in an underwater race, IMO.

Elves have quills, the idea of the person/thing in this picture has something more like a leaf in the hair. I think it very well could be. There has been no proof that the new race is UNDERWATER. It could be "at one" with the water. Or something of that nature. That looks totally plausable.
    looks like an elf to me

Just a diversion. He really means to say.. oops you caught us. Way to go..
    Wait wait wait... what is that person in this picture? :o
    this.jpg
    Am I just an idiot, or is that the new race? b:surrender

Looks like a new race to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Looks like a new race to me.

If the new race was that closely related to all the others I would be sad. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    its a cleric or archer ~_~
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Hm... personally i think that it might be the new class but they might take out the "fins" i mean come on, name 1 person thats gonna be afraid of a assasian with fins as antlers....come on XD But it could be the female physic for sure XD

~Silver
This discussion has been closed.