[official unofficial speculation thread]New Race?Rumor?

Maiya - Lost City
Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Chronicles
http://news.mmosite.com/content/2009-08-26/20090826024936324.shtml

True? False? Just a rumor?

If it is true, I don't see how successful it could be. Especially if they get introduced on existing servers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Maiya - Lost City on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    OH SHI--

*faints*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    god i hope not ._. talk about unbalancing the game further..
  • Xxtalonxx - Lost City
    Xxtalonxx - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    http://news.mmosite.com/content/2009-08-26/20090826024936324.shtml

True? False? Just a rumor?

If it is true, I don't see how successful it could be. Especially if they get introduced on existing servers.

New class will probably be broken.
    </3 devs
    I pwnb:sin
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I hope I can be a sexy merman.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Please don't add more races. It will just make the game more unstable and less enjoyable. At least don't introduce them to the current servers.

Please GMs and Devs don't add more classes, 6 is good, 6 is enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    awesome IM speechless. i might quit tho. itll be unbalanced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    whether or not this is coming, I always enjoy the reception. On one hand people want more content, but on the other people don't. It's very interestingb:thanks
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You guys will be seeing some official news on the PWI site next week regarding the upcoming expansion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Assassin? *perk*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It would definitely be interesting, but here are some thoughts I had:

#1. Will squad sizes be increased to 8? Seeing as (this is my assumption) squad sizes are maxed at 6 atm because of 6 classes.

#2. How will rebirths work now?
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If this is true and the assassin can do what the similar type class can do in another mmo, it will bring endless unbalance to the game and even crappier pvpers than the game has now.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    You guys will be seeing some official news on the PWI site next week regarding the upcoming expansion.

xD lol why u keep us waiting? *poke*

and i dont wana be a fish b:embarrass

can u imagine the icky fish smell when ur in arch? <.< cuz of the 24/7 shops >_>?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aquilonian - Dreamweaver
    Aquilonian - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    yes

"Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala
  • Flexfit - Dreamweaver
    Flexfit - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hopefully this will bring a map expansion, since this new race comes from the water and maybe even a new water mounts
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Hopefully this will bring a map expansion, since this new race comes from the water and maybe even a new water mounts

b:shockedOMFG can u imagine the inbalance?....i cna already see water charms >_>(so theyre gona breathe outside water)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    Kirashan - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    As an avid mage-type class player, I'd be excited to see what the Psychic would be like. I'm guessing that it would be a second pet-tamer class with skills somewhere between the Mage/Veno and the Cleric now. I'm sensing damaging debuffs and the ability to temporarily control the enemies around you.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    As an avid mage-type class player, I'd be excited to see what the Psychic would be like. I'm guessing that it would be a second pet-tamer class with skills somewhere between the Mage/Veno and the Cleric now. I'm sensing damaging debuffs and the ability to temporarily control the enemies around you.

im sensing horible fish smellb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It's really irritating to hear people say that things are going to get unbalanced when we don't even know how exactly these classes are going to work yet, what their role in a squad is, or what kind of skills they require and what not.

If we do get these new classes and race added onto the current content, I think it'd bring us all a breath of fresh air, a new challenge to figuring out the class and stuff. If you don't like it, then you know that you don't have to use it...(:
  • zandiya
    zandiya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It could very well be true...

Seeing as how there are more than enough empty folders in the
    /userdata/character/customize directory to allow for these two classes, I think it is quite plausible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flexfit - Dreamweaver
    Flexfit - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    b:shockedOMFG can u imagine the inbalance?....i cna already see water charms >_>(so theyre gona breathe outside water)
    They probably won't need the water mounts since they get a speed bonus or something, the water mounts would be for the rest of us.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    i hope we dont get another useless class like wizards T.T(for TTs :P)

and above post....lol? i didnt say anything in that way XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    DAMMIT NOOOOO

imbalance.

im gonna quit

but wait ive spent $2,500.oo on this game cant quit now

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    jaeseu wrote: »
    I think it'd bring us all a breath of fresh air

Did you honestly just make that pun about a class of underwater creatures?

That being said, who else thinks that someone just recently lost their job?
  • FadedChaos - Heavens Tear
    FadedChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOO it will cause imbalance in teh game.... o wait we dont know if its true and if so how they will work.... hmmmm pfft nvm lets all QQ anyway b:shutup
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    maybe a new server?

ANYWAY

CONGRATZ MAIYA

on the fastest growing thread ive seen

and findin this info.

i give u 1237 street cred. now u can hang with me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • jaeseu
    edited August 2009
    Did you honestly just make that pun about a class of underwater creatures?

That being said, who else thinks that someone just recently lost their job?
    O, rofl. I didn't realize that. XD Didn't even mean for it to be a pun.

But yeah...<raises hand> =| I actually lost mine recently...which made me mad 'cause the week before they said they were gonna hire me full time. =_=!!!

Back on topic: ._. I'm curious to see what the new class will look like.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    jaeseu wrote: »
    O, rofl. I didn't realize that. XD Didn't even mean for it to be a pun.

But yeah...<raises hand> =| I actually lost mine recently...which made me mad 'cause the week before they said they were gonna hire me full time. =_=!!!

Back on topic: ._. I'm curious to see what the new class will look like.

I didn't mean you, sorry... I meant the guy that leaked that information. Something big like that before an official announcement? There might not be enough of him left to fire.
  • jaeseu
    edited August 2009
    Well then...lots of misunderstanding...XD Oopsie.

Guess we gotta wait next week for announcement. .-. <wishes it was Tuesday already>
  • FadedChaos - Heavens Tear
    FadedChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If it is true... any betting on the new island off DW being the starting city or would you think it be underwater ?
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If it is true... any betting on the new island off DW being the starting city or would you think it be underwater ?

That's an interesting theory.

P.S. I do not know specifics, so don't take my comments as implying anything either way.
This discussion has been closed.