Stop the random pk's

Options

Comments

• Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle That was a good giggle.

People just need to know that just because you get pk'd a lot in one night that is not the end of the world.

I have been pk'd time and again but I am lvl 54 and still climbing.

One time I had to wait to the next day since noone could get through in FB29 since there was a PK party.

On the same note on another night, I wispered another set of PKers in there stating we were doing FB run and they let us through and kept pking everyone else.

Life is not as hard here in Lost City as most people think. All the QQers are just the weak ones of the group and will either do 3 things. They will realize they are not meant for a PVP server and quit, not meant for it and move to PVE or stay and grind it out and be a better person for it benig able to not be bothered by such litte things like a PK.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Today is the first day i've been on this week for more than 20 minutes, and I've done a few quest so far. But, on each quest, I'm being pked at least 5 times, and its getting really annoying. There is no point in random pking, besides making people mad, then crying when they say anything back. Don't tell me to switch servers or anything else like that, I'm fine with my current server, just tired of the random pks, making me spawn in a town, and having to walk back to where I was. Now, I know high leveled pkers won't agree with this thread, and if you don't, dont post, don't continue reading, just hit that nice little back button on the top of your internet browser and get on with your life. I know I'm not the only person that is getting tired of all the pkers. Yes, there are PvE and PvP servers, but the PvP need to have an option like the PvE ones, or at least a new way to stop the 9x from killing 3x players.
    One way I've thought of to help us low lvls out,(and anybody else that hates pkers), is a Lvled pking system. Where, if a player chooses to, they can turn it on/off at their own will. It will work by having a level requirement of people pk. If a lvl 95 runs up to a lvl 30-50, who is going to win? You guessed it, the 95. If there were a way, where the 95 could only attack others within his/her relative level, so he couldnt go around 1 hitting every noob there is. It could have, mabye a 5 or 10 level difference max to kill, so for example, with 5 levels, a lvl 80 could kill lvls 75-85 that, or with 10, lvls 70-90. The 10 level difference is nowhere near what most pkers kill. I've seen so many high levels, come areas where 3x players have quest mobs, and the pkers constantly pk them.
    If you agree with me on the leveled pking system, post a support b:laugh if not, if you have suggestions to improve it, post them, or if you don't support and hate me for making this thread, don't post at all and just go on with the forums.

Cry-Baby.gif

that is all
  • Queelen - Lost City
    Queelen - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    OMG get over it, if you picked a pk server and hate pk maybe u should reroll on another server. I think the problem is that ppl only wanna pk when they are READY for it, they hate when others surprise them. Ive only ever played on LC and I love it, I pk, I get pked... its a never ending cycle (of death :p). Its really not that bad, i rarely got pked from 30-60 (swamps was a bit worse) and i rarely get pked now. Its not nearly as bad as some ppl would have u believe.

PLUS, i see plenty of 30-40 players with rednames, according to some ppl here low lvls never pk other low lvls, so who are these 3x-4x players killing? 7x's? LOL

I love LC too, and if I had a chance to move my character to elsewhere, I wouldn't do it. I have good and bad memories, friends, enemies(?) and free PvP. It just saddens me, that a bunch of weirdos use this freedom to gang 20+ level under continously.

With the friends I made here, we make sport out of PKing each other if our level is somewhat similar. x) I love the adrenalin and experience I get from those battles. Never know when an attack is coming, being at least "half-caotius" all the time. I even don't care if a random 80-ish one-shots me once or twice. Happens. But there is a difference being killed on sight a few times, and being killed instantly when stepping out of Safe Zone, landing with areogear for like 30+ times a day. You didn't experience such thing at your early game play. Lucky you. Some of the people I know did (around 55-60% of them), others didn't (obviously the other 40-ish%).

I don't like to be ready for a PK. Suprise is what makes me happy. But then again, it's a suprise fight if you get PKED a lot. But it's not a suprise or enjoyment to get KILLED by high levels all the time. The first one is called fight, the second is called, I believe, harassing?

So to get blunt: I do NOT wan't to delete PvP, or make PvE our of those servers. I LOVE PvP, one of the main reasons I play online games. In reality you can't just walk over to somebody, poke him with a twig and say: I just PKed you to 5k crit! Show me your technique, hell yeah! :D

My advice was, to make a little stricter the thing, maybe a system thing watching how much does X person who is at leat 10+ higher than Z PK him during and hour and if it would be more than 2, than an exp penalty for 30min? We still have PvP but can cut out a lot of harassing. But then again, this is just an idea, nothing more.
    This is the dark present, this is who I am,
    Long forgotten dead, deep in a cold cavern.
    Errant who got swallowed by volatile time,
    Fallen angel on the brink of endless abyss.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I can understand the small Secret Passage but some 3Xs are just idiots

take hidden orchid for example, a newb goes there and start killing the mobs for the quest and obiovusly starts to get pk'ed

then why the hell do they always return there in front of hidden orchid, those mobs are everywhere around.. u can go east of archosaur and grind/quest there without getting pk'ed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Queelen - Lost City
    Queelen - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I can understand the small Secret Passage but some 3Xs are just idiots

take hidden orchid for example, a newb goes there and start killing the mobs for the quest and obiovusly starts to get pk'ed

then why the hell do they always return there in front of hidden orchid, those mobs are everywhere around.. u can go east of archosaur and grind/quest there without getting pk'ed

Because not everyone who plays this game is smart. b:laugh

Or they just don't want to wander further into the mob infested places, where the chances they get killed by a randomly spawned and aggroed beast, is like... what? 10x higher? :D Monsters around the villages are more rare/in-between so when you stand there and kill it, don't have to worry so much about another one appearing right behind/next/in you. By the way, we are humans. Humans are all a little lazy beings at the very core, so they don't want to fly/walk more than neceserry again if got killed. (:
    This is the dark present, this is who I am,
    Long forgotten dead, deep in a cold cavern.
    Errant who got swallowed by volatile time,
    Fallen angel on the brink of endless abyss.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I got a better suggestion for you, I won't be telling you to change server.
    Just RAGE QUIT.
  • Wyiana - Heavens Tear
    Wyiana - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I don't mean to offend anyone with this, just an observation.
    But in case you haven't noticed already, PWI's audience is... well, pretty immature. Just pay attention to the world chat for 5 minutes and you get a good picture of who plays the game.
    Of course you'll find people that are tolerant, fairplay, interesting, mature overall, and that's what makes the game really enjoyable.

But everywhere you go you're gonna bump into that annoying dude who likes ruining your day for his own amusement. And from what I've seen this has nothing to do with age, don't start thinking I'm being disrespectful. It's a state of mind. Exactly the state of mind that PvP servers and PvP mode tend to attract.

So if you chose that mode thinking it would bring the game to a superior level of intesity, entertainment, or whatever, I'm sorry but you couldn't have been more wrong. Be prepared for blows below the belt, because PK sure as hell does not rhyme with fairness and skill.

And being high level doesn't mean "I acquired game experience and maturity over time", it just means "I've been playing longer than you, n00b". So don't think it gets any better.

Here's a tl;dr version:
    southpark_wow2.jpg
  • Anberlin - Lost City
    Anberlin - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Umm the high levels weren't automatically given lvl 90 characters. Chances are anyone above lvl 80 on a Pvp server either had really high friends when they started OR they were one of the first ones on the server. This is the problem with the world, rather than deal with issues, everyone says just "get over it or deal with it". You do realize that the lvl 30 you just ganked is a potential cash shopper for PW. After they already spent 12.00 for a stone and then 9.00 for another upping their inventory, and safe. 30.00 for a mount and countless other money on items from the cash shop getting their character to lvl 30. They aren't likely going to "reroll". I wouldn't spend 100.00 on a character and then just reroll it b/c I found out the PvP system wasn't balanced at all. I'd just quit. Luckily I had a friend who was playing before I started here and directed me to the right server. I was almost totally new to MMo's and wouldn't have had a clue.

tl;dr

The first rule of Lost City is Reroll or Deal with it

The second rule of Lost City is REROLL ON PVE OR GROW A PAIR AND DEAL WITH IT.

The third rule is N'sync > You
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'd like to note that the PvE forum posters are VERY visibly angry at this, while the PvP players are laughing and amused.

Poor worked up PvE players...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'd like to note that the PvE forum posters are VERY visibly angry at this, while the PvP players are laughing and amused.

How about this? QUIT CRYING AND DEAL WITH THE SHATTER!

What did I see when they put in shatter? Lots and lots of b:cry pkers. Same right back to you!
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    yeah and the pkers got over it....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    No.

/thread.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • XbladeXBm - Dreamweaver
    XbladeXBm - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Angry ? lol doudt we are, more like those such as myself find it funny and a lil sad that l33t pr0's have to prove how uber they are by PKing low levels.(which is what the OP is about not "OMG PK on a PvP server" in general).
  • Arelycia - Lost City
    Arelycia - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    you know there are pros to being on a pvp vs a pve sever. For starters, say during wraith hunts:

on a pve server higher levels can come and just kill all the mobs leaving noobs to cry.

on a pvp server the highers can be attacked either by a grp of noobs or some noobs big friend, but either way it encourages teamwork and making friends which ultimately is what mmos are for if im not mistaken.

This is just one example/

If you dont like pk regardless of the moral implications of how some1 "else" is playing, then you should not be on a pvp server (period) as for the rest of us who can see past the annoying growing pains of leveling in a pvp server, we found positive ways around it and thats why we leveled. We made friends and go on to enjoy the other aspects of pk.

Ultimately you are the one with the choice.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Not all of us, Aadi. I read his post, and nearly spit my soda on my laptop. Another example of someone wanting something for nothing. I find it amusing that people QQ so very, very much over things that can only be their own fault.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Heh, same. I'm mostly amused. No rage here. b:victory

Also @ Redmenace
    You're not sorry. Not even the slightest.
    I'm sorry for being insensitive. Not for pointing out the obvious. b:chuckle
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    How about this? QUIT CRYING AND DEAL WITH THE SHATTER!

What did I see when they put in shatter? Lots and lots of b:cry pkers. Same right back to you!

Heh.

There seems to be a similar amount of butthurt for FleshReam/Phoenix too.

'Needs to be more "REROLL VENO, STOP QQING ABOUT FLESHREAM, L0ZER!"

But that would be unfair - that's nothing like QQing over getting ganked, is it.

RedMenace
    \still have a barb on LC
    \\had to sneak out of the south gate and grind underwater to level up enough to get out the west gate back in lvl 30
    \\\still feel kinda sorry for the l0ser 7x's that camp the West Gate trying to raise their scores
    \\\\the "ow - poor homeless guy under the bridge" kinda "sorry"
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • TheChiken - Lost City
    TheChiken - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I am agreed with you.I have been pked too many whaen I was below lv 60
    and it's really annoing someone to pk you when you qeasting but look it at
    the good side-when you reach hi lv's you can pk reds.
    That is all to itb:victory
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I am agreed with you.I have been pked too many whaen I was below lv 60
    and it's really annoing someone to pk you when you qeasting but look it at
    the good side-when you reach hi lv's you can pk reds.
    That is all to itb:victory

That would then make you just like the very people that irritated you.

I am not enraged, or angry just an FYI for those who pointed that out.

I am more irritated that b/c of this exact reason I can not enjoy playing on a PvP server. As I said its one thing to do it once, its another for an entire group of ppl to hang out and Pk a lowbie. If I have to "sign off" the game to keep from being pk'd 40 times in 1 hour while I'm trying to complete a quest or fb, I would just sign off permanently. I don't see how anyone could call that entertaining.

I'm not suggesting doing away with it by any means. I think PvP is most likely very fun when done correctly. However; if you are 30, 40 or 50 levels above someone and constantly camp out to harass them, you are nothing more than a bully. You don't even have uber skill or experience; which is likely why you are doing it to begin with. CAREBEAR FTW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

I am not enraged, or angry just an FYI for those who pointed that out.

I am more irritated that b/c of this exact reason I can not enjoy playing on a PvP server. As I said its one thing to do it once, its another for an entire group of ppl to hang out and Pk a lowbie. If I have to "sign off" the game to keep from being pk'd 40 times in 1 hour while I'm trying to complete a quest or fb, I would just sign off permanently. I don't see how anyone could call that entertaining.

I'm not suggesting doing away with it by any means. I think PvP is most likely very fun when done correctly. However; if you are 30, 40 or 50 levels above someone and constantly camp out to harass them, you are nothing more than a bully. You don't even have uber skill or experience; which is likely why you are doing it to begin with. CAREBEAR FTW.
    what is the purpose of a pvp server where players can dedide when and how they want to be pk'ed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    what is the purpose of a pvp server where players can dedide when and how they want to be pk'ed

This. That's the point I think a lot of us are trying to make, and everyone keeps interpreting it as us saying QQ MOAR!
  • Fruitluips - Lost City
    Fruitluips - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Since you seem to think anyone who says "QQ more" is a super high level...

Get over it. Like pretty much anyone in this thread said, it's a PVP server, and by now you know damn well what you're getting into. Is it annoying when someone uses a powerful attack, exploiting your physical/magical weakness, and takes you out in half a hit? Of course. Do they have every right to do it? Of course. As a 3x or whatever you are, your PKing options are very limited. When you get higher, they're expanded by a lot.

I'm a 65 cleric, and yesterday was probably the only time I've been attacked in a few weeks, and it was a BM who stunned and killed pretty much instantly. The only things I got mad about were the wasted doll and an MP charm tick at respawn, but I just told him "2pro" in general chat and went on my way. You're not gonna win them all, and probably the only time you'll get a "fair" fight is a duel.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    He is just practicing for the future, after all

PVE players = carebears
    PVP players = QQBears
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    He is just practicing for the future, after all

PVE players = carebears
    PVP players = QQBears

Thing is, smart pvp players don't QQ when they get killed cause they know what they're getting into. PvE players would QQ far more given the chance imo
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Thing is, smart pvp players don't QQ when they get killed cause they know what they're getting into. PvE players would QQ far more given the chance imo

You don't see us making threads about being pked, do you? And there is lots of pk action... most the high levels like to run around red/pink or white it seems...
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Everyone on this server has had to deal with this problem. You get pked and you level yourself up to get revenge on them later on. I can say personally thats the reason i wanted to level for a while. It's good motivation to play this boring game. I can honestly say I would have quit from boredom if I didn't get pked at low levels.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You don't see us making threads about being pked, do you? And there is lots of pk action... most the high levels like to run around red/pink or white it seems...

There's a vocal minority of people who whine about being PKed, that's true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    There's a vocal minority of people who whine about being PKed, that's true.

Pretty much it woud be the same in our server.....
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think the current year is 2009.

I wonder how tehcnologically dificult it is to move your character from one sever to another everytime you log in?

I mean with today's technology, you should be able to move your character to any sever you want.

Oh wait, its agreed that we will never have that opionb:laugh
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Did you even read what he said?

He said, look at the bright side of things. Now when I reach higher levels I pk the red names.

How does that make him just like the Pkers who pk lowbies?

During all yuor Carebear rage you did not even read his post very well. He never said he would just PK lowbies.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
This discussion has been closed.