Seraphim's PVE-TW Wizard Guide

Options

Comments

• Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    no1 will waste spark on wellspirng quaff...why?becyuz demons will surely safe chi for the big red funnel it rocks imo, +700% from weapon + less25% chan
    they do pyro+gush+phoenix and VUALAA...awesome dpsb:pleased

btw are u sure that Dpyro/GS res debuff staks wiht undine becuz i had already see hight lv telling it dont and some telling it do b:shocked
    We get sleep/stuned/sealed should we spark in PvP Q_Q
    Quit.
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    We get sleep/stuned/sealed should we spark in PvP Q_Q

well...we get stuned/silence/sleep even if we dont spark =(
    but u can always use ur silence/shrink away/sleep debuff while in spark..like spark>silence>gush>shrink>gush+pyro>sleep>gush+pyro/phoenix u just have to be faster....but yeh sometimes stun suxs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Depends on the situation for thee choice between demon wellspring and demon spark,

ie, how many sparks have you got stored?

Is it necassary to go SuperDemon on your opponent(It will look cool is an acceptable reason)?

Are you fighting several opponents?

I'm personally going sage but it is important to research all this ****, there's no going back once you've made your choice.

I'm not sure of the debuffs stacking, they do have the same icon(for glacial snare at least). I'm fine with that as long as they don't overwrite undine.

Also about stuns, Vacuity powder(apoth), badge of courage(genie) and fortify(genie) are your friends.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Depends on the situation for thee choice between demon wellspring and demon spark,

ie, how many sparks have you got stored?

Is it necassary to go SuperDemon on your opponent(It will look cool is an acceptable reason)?

Are you fighting several opponents?

I'm personally going sage but it is important to research all this ****, there's no going back once you've made your choice.

I'm not sure of the debuffs stacking, they do have the same icon(for glacial snare at least). I'm fine with that as long as they don't overwrite undine.

Also about stuns, Vacuity powder(apoth), badge of courage(genie) and fortify(genie) are your friends.

who the helll told u i dont go sage too^^

anyay sry for tell u this but i think the debuff -res dont stack wiht undine =(

and b4 i get the anti-stun stuff i will get screwed wiht bm stuns
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm going sage because I'd like to be able to use more two spark skills in pvp, stone rain cast time will end up nearly as good as pyro/gushes etc.

My genies lv.61 and the badge of courage on it hasn't failed to break me out yet. A real life saver.

edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm going sage because I'd like to be able to use more two spark skills in pvp, stone rain cast time will end up nearly as good as pyro/gushes etc.

My genies lv.61 and the badge of courage on it hasn't failed to break me out yet. A real life saver.

i go sage becuz of the awesome masterys more that awesome sage dragon wich if crit boom....and chi ofc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Is it true that when you have all 3 demon masteries you only get 1 % extra? Cause thats bullsh*t. In that case the sage masteries are way better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ya its only 1% crit
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Is it true that when you have all 3 demon masteries you only get 1 % extra? Cause thats bullsh*t. In that case the sage masteries are way better.

yeh i have heard ppl say it dont stack so instead of 3cirt u get 1 crit from all masterys what make it useless so demon can oly max 1 mastery and let stay teh other 2 at lv10

even if it stuck 3crit<<<<<<<5%dmg, IMO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    My current opinion on hell vs. sage spark looks something like this:

Sage: spark gives damage reduction, use genie for increased channelling, use apothecary to avoid being stunned.

Hell: spark gives increased channelling, use genie to avoid being stunned, use apothecary for damage reduction.

(Does anyone with real experience have any insight to offer on this kind of thing?)

sage is strongger wiht sutra + ulty i dont think he will choose waste him chi on spark wherever, can u explain me what is the genie skill that does less channel?

but the best is hell spar+anti-stune pot and the same for sage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ya its only 1% crit

Damn. I really would like to see some prove for this cause I can hardly believe they would make demon masteries suck so bad... Any demon wizard around with 2+ masteries?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm guessin it works the same as BM masteries, they only apply when using the weapon associated with it, so the 1% crit for demon will only apply to that element of skills.

Tricky question, will Elemental invokation(Tri-element spell lv.100) get 3% crit extra due to multiple elements being used, but I'd figure it would apply to the hp damage element in the spell so 1% still maybe. But an extra 1% is ok when your base crit is around 1-4% using easily obtainable gears. Crit is nice when it means instant kill.

(Mines 6% when I level ^.^)

• Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Undine and the debuff from Glacial Snare don't stack. But the good thing is that Glacial's debuff won't overide Undine.

I'm guessin it works the same as BM masteries, they only apply when using the weapon associated with it, so the 1% crit for demon will only apply to that element of skills.

Tricky question, will Elemental invokation(Tri-element spell lv.100) get 3% crit extra due to multiple elements being used, but I'd figure it would apply to the hp damage element in the spell so 1% still maybe. But an extra 1% is ok when your base crit is around 1-4% using easily obtainable gears. Crit is nice when it means instant kill.

From what I've read on the MY-EN forums about the lvl 100 Wizard skills is that they're not worth getting, they look cool but that's about it. And I must say by looking at them on paper they look pretty mediocre also. Take Manifest Virtue for example- I currently have 10080 MP unbuffed-(16000buffed) a 100%-160% increase in weapon damage is worse than single spark. I'll not be spending 30mil for pages + 4 mil SP and 3 ml coins for this skill. I'd much rather spend that money on improving my crit rate/refines.
    I like pie
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    My current opinion on hell vs. sage spark looks something like this:

Sage: spark gives damage reduction, use genie for increased channelling, use apothecary to avoid being stunned.

Hell: spark gives increased channelling, use genie to avoid being stunned, use apothecary for damage reduction.

(Does anyone with real experience have any insight to offer on this kind of thing?)
    grats on 40 Cholla you are getting up there ^^
    Damn. I really would like to see some prove for this cause I can hardly believe they would make demon masteries suck so bad... Any demon wizard around with 2+ masteries?
    some wizard said it earlier
    sage is strongger wiht sutra + ulty i dont think he will choose waste him chi on spark wherever, can u explain me what is the genie skill that does less channel?

but the best is hell spar+anti-stune pot and the same for sage

relentless courage gives -chan
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options

Thank you, this makes sence:) Its 1 % for the element of the mastery. So its good, but the best when you have 3 masteries. (fire mastery would be nice for sutra+rebirth).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
    Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yes my Dear Friend Ser,

Staz is juuust now reading your post! Been busy trying to catch up to your butt! LOL But absolutely love your post and TY for taking the time for writing it and for everyone else's opinion as well. There are so many ways to roll this character and it's one of the reasons I love being Wizzy! That I and I don't have the patience to sit there and hit on a mob/char for hours. Booooooooooooring! I wanna 1, 2, 3 buubye! b:shutup ing up now! And going to bed!
    Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yes my Dear Friend Ser,

Staz is juuust now reading your post! Been busy trying to catch up to your butt! LOL But absolutely love your post and TY for taking the time for writing it and for everyone else's opinion as well. There are so many ways to roll this character and it's one of the reasons I love being Wizzy! That I and I don't have the patience to sit there and hit on a mob/char for hours. Booooooooooooring! I wanna 1, 2, 3 buubye! b:shutup ing up now! And going to bed!

good night to you too O.o
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Thank you, this makes sence:) Its 1 % for the element of the mastery. So its good, but the best when you have 3 masteries. (fire mastery would be nice for sutra+rebirth).

is 1%crit becuz is like...EX: u have demon earth mast and the fire demon mast as well but not the water....ur earth and fire moves will have 1%+ crit but water will not have the +1% crit bonus so is 1%crit at all wich suxs heavy compared to sage who adds +5% dmg.

poor demon's masterys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seraphim - Dreamweaver
    Seraphim - Dreamweaver Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Masteries wont make or break a character.
    edited August 2009
    Options

but they surely help to
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

5% extra damage on a strike is alot in this game.

alot of wizzys pull of 22k BIDS. it's not too hard to do. 5% is another 1100 damage on that strike. sure it wont make a difference on most classes as 22k kills them, but some barbs are HP freaks of nature and dont die without those huge hits b:angry
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options

hey seraphim :o
    what's up ^^
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Bump in preperation for sticky request.

• Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear
    Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    STICKY NOW!
    (I can't wait to full int. I used to be Str. Hybrid because I misread the pure build, 1 str per level, then switched to la. I died too much. I used a restat to get closer to full int, when a friend convinced me to go vit. hybrid for a few levels. Since we only get 10 vit per level, I decided to stop doing this. Need 1 more reset to go to full int!)
    I can learn how to be useful! Thanks =)
    [sigpic] [/sigpic]
  • Lady - Dreamweaver
    Lady - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Great Guide :)

Thank You.
  • Seraphim - Dreamweaver
    Seraphim - Dreamweaver Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Level 10 DB as full MAG makes me draw alot of aggro in Delta D: However, I do fine when taking off both rings as long as the BM has a weapon with similiar upgrades as mines.
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I have one thing to say:

EWWWWWWWWWW PVE GTFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NASTY DUDEEE !!!!!!

Nice guide though, by far one of the best compared to the other robe guides; where non-factors try to educate.
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Damn and what if that target is undined, 60% reduction on all three elements.. Holy **** im having a bon.er b:dirty
    Undine and the debuff from Glacial Snare don't stack. But the good thing is that Glacial's debuff won't overide Undine.

From what I've read on the MY-EN forums about the lvl 100 Wizard skills is that they're not worth getting, they look cool but that's about it. And I must say by looking at them on paper they look pretty mediocre also. Take Manifest Virtue for example- I currently have 10080 MP unbuffed-(16000buffed) a 100%-160% increase in weapon damage is worse than single spark. I'll not be spending 30mil for pages + 4 mil SP and 3 ml coins for this skill. I'd much rather spend that money on improving my crit rate/refines.

Thanks for ruining my day Bish.
  • ValkeryCain - Harshlands
    ValkeryCain - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    well, guess that that the problem of many wiz's is that they don't know how to use wizard, so my idea that following Arcane is the way to go is proved once more, besides Arcane robes are much cuter then LA xP
    thnks Seraphim for proving that stupid **** Pandora that just because shes an LA wiz doesn't mean shes the most powerfull on !
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    well, guess that that the problem of many wiz's is that they don't know how to use wizard, so my idea that following Arcane is the way to go is proved once more, besides Arcane robes are much cuter then LA xP
    thnks Seraphim for proving that stupid **** Pandora that just because shes an LA wiz doesn't mean shes the most powerfull on !
    Well i doubt he has ever claimed such a thing.
    Honestly Ive seen the effectiveness of both builds and i have to say pre 90 LA>arcane (unless you wanna through large amounts of cash on it) post 90 Arcane > LA.
    Quit.
This discussion has been closed.