Seraphim's PVE-TW Wizard Guide

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Right but if a BM uses Magic Marrow or even balance/marrow, he will still suffer from incredibly low Pdef which can be taken advantage of by your melee party members or melee TW guildies.

In either case, I doubt very many wizards will be trying to BIDS over BT vs magic marrow as its pretty common judgement :P

Sparked BT will work, but your best bet is to Frenzy/Expel/Anti-Status Pot - depending on Genie energy- and then MS+Sutra. You will be able to deal 9 seconds of damage while invicible as well as buy a 5 second stun when Expel wears off.

BT's long channel time compared to Sutra'd MS also runs the risk of interruptions if you aren't expelling.

@Ursa, Hi there! :D Just visiting after a little bout of nostalgia, PWI isnt installed on my new laptop:( Send me a private message so I can drop you my MSN!

in tw dont work the expel if i am not wrong and since the new buff filter also in raw pk (ok work but on urself not on enemy).

bt long but still faster than ms so happened with me when i crited and was enough :)
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/1817 ????

geh available only in TW D:

i need someone to make me ~like 1000 of those D:
    i like potato
  • Seraphim - Dreamweaver
    Seraphim - Dreamweaver Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I dont quite remember the name, but try to cycle through the pots until you find one that removes the seal.

Let me know and glad to see this guide is still helping new wizards and old wizards alike:)
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I dont quite remember the name, but try to cycle through the pots until you find one that removes the seal.

Let me know and glad to see this guide is still helping new wizards and old wizards alike:)

seraph get back to the game
  • Seraphim - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I'd only be on to chat surfer, which I would prefer to use MSN to do! =(

But on another note I heard alot about you and how you oneshot everything under the sky with your +12 Lunar x.x

I brushed up on some of your PVP strategies while browsing forums a few months ago, so I'd have to give you credit where credit is due. :P
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I'd only be on to chat surfer, which I would prefer to use MSN to do! =(

But on another note I heard alot about you and how you oneshot everything under the sky with your +12 Lunar x.x

I brushed up on some of your PVP strategies while browsing forums a few months ago, so I'd have to give you credit where credit is due. :P

hehe well thanks im pretty much the only active pvp wiz on Dreamweaver thats why id like to see u get back 2 xD and there is so many ppl that miss u , u got no idea lol im in calamity if u didnt knew and ur name brought up at least once a day somehow :P
  • Seraphim - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Anyone come up with a name yet for the anti-status powders?
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options

Genies

There are a whole slew of Genie skills to choose from. Here are a few popular ones that you may tailor to your favor.
    FIRST: Genies need to be Mag and Vit based as you will be putting supportive and healing skills, not damage skills. 80Magic will unlock 5 skills and a decent amount of Energy Regeneration. The rest should go into Vitality for a high energy pool.

Skills:
    Absolute Domain - Invicibility for 4 seconds.
    Expel = Invicibility for 10 seconds. Use a pot to remove the seal.
    Tree of Protection = HP Healing
    Extreme Poison = 20% Increased damage *Stacks with AMP*
    Fortify = Immunity to Stun
    Holy Path = Max movement speed *Amazing for Kiting*
    Frenzy = Increase damage by 20% (Great if expelled) but increases damage taken as well.

the genie section is outdated xd

number of skills are based on lucky points

51, 71, 81, 91
    yes, leaving out 61
    a genie has its final oOawesome-look at 61 lp

also id recommend a STR genie, with exactly 50 mag for recovery and balanced STR/VIT
    ...since Expel was nurfed...
    seems like skills are more affected by STR then DEX (increase chi with every 2 str points vs increase by 1 with every 100 dex points-.-)

Cloud Eruption (always left to lvl 1 for energy-efficiency) is a way to cast insane chi-consuming combos, even as demon

some combination of skills are simply impossible with affinity points etc..
    owwi we need a good sticky genie-for-wizards-guide ^^

-~
    i like potato
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Best genie I found to be a max vit +magic
    I have one at 64 magic and 90 vit... just incredible. only 64/100, but I prefer it to my 71/100 even if it has 1 less skill slot.
    The rate of recovery with high magic and the ability to cast heavy consuming energy skills at basically cooldown rate without basically render your genie useless for 10 minutes is absolutely awesome.
    I can stay tripple sparked for about 45 seconds (3 times in a row) and spark another 2 times in the next minute only with genie+master li+chi from pyro when using pyro/gush/WoTP combo.
    Besides, being able to DS-HP-DS-HP-DS-HP-DS helps me cover a huge amount of ground ( in les than a minute)
    yes, you may get benefits from having str and dex on genie, but believe me, being able to use genie more often surpases any minimal benefit you can have boosting those stats.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Best genie I found to be a max vit +magic
    I have one at 64 magic and 90 vit... just incredible. only 64/100, but I prefer it to my 71/100 even if it has 1 less skill slot.
    The rate of recovery with high magic and the ability to cast heavy consuming energy skills at basically cooldown rate without basically render your genie useless for 10 minutes is absolutely awesome.
    I can stay tripple sparked for about 45 seconds (3 times in a row) and spark another 2 times in the next minute only with genie+master li+chi from pyro when using pyro/gush/WoTP combo.
    Besides, being able to DS-HP-DS-HP-DS-HP-DS helps me cover a huge amount of ground ( in les than a minute)
    yes, you may get benefits from having str and dex on genie, but believe me, being able to use genie more often surpases any minimal benefit you can have boosting those stats.

it all depend urs since they took off expel i moved to occult ice and for me 80 str work best, sure it sucks that i only got 55 vit and 50 magic. but uselly it works like this, i catch some1 with occult once his dead. and if not dead i made him use his genie to save his life so i can just sleep and stun him after occult and then he really is dead.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options

wait- ok agree but
    no dex.. b:chuckle

dex genies fail on frenzy(attack lvl), occult ice(stun), healing skills, cloud eruption(chi)
    dex increases duration on Extreme Posion... ohwoah useful a spammable skill last longer lol (ah yeah and expel.... )
    --

so genie recovery increases with every mag point?
    i wasn't sure about that :c so i left mine on 50

str vs vit/mag on cloud eruption is a thing... more chi vs more times casting it
    vit/mag is better when u reach the point of recovering to much of chi with one cloud eruption :)
    i like potato
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    wait- ok agree but
    no dex.. b:chuckle

dex genies fail on frenzy(attack lvl), occult ice(stun), healing skills, cloud eruption(chi)
    dex increases duration on Extreme Posion... ohwoah useful a spammable skill last longer lol (ah yeah and expel.... )
    --

so genie recovery increases with every mag point?
    i wasn't sure about that :c so i left mine on 50

str vs vit/mag on cloud eruption is a thing... more chi vs more times casting it
    vit/mag is better when u reach the point of recovering to much of chi with one cloud eruption :)

some wizards say go mostly dex for the genie skill spark.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    who would use spark??? LOL
    i like potato
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=792402

i think they have more pk/tw experience, but then again, im jsut a forum busybody :D
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wileyhyena
    wileyhyena Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    PEARLWOOD (Lost City/Luminate) - Nice thread. My wiz is Pearlwood, level 88, and trying to decide which path to take. From what I can tell both demon/sage are attractive and about equal depending upon your play style. My style till now has always been destruction in the dungeon (squad support), so I'm leaning towards sage. I've never concentrated on PvP because I've been full mag from the start, which means I've died alot in PvP. However, demon is interesting for precisely that reason..lol..payback.

Nevertheless, what I wanted to mention is on the subject of genies. Genies cannot be ignored in order to fully develop a wizard. By level 50 one may begin to realize that the genie has other uses besides "luring". Look for a genie that will gets its 5th slot at genie level 80 (51 lucky points). 6 and 7 slot genies are out there and are very expensive. But a 5 slotter can be obtained at reasonable cost if you don't already have one that is lucky. The number of slots is the key! Having said that, in my opinion, chi replacement is primary for the wizard. Thus, Cloud Eruption is the genie skill affinity mix all others should revolve around. Frenzy fits nicely in this affinity mix. Extreme Poison also fits this affinity mix. For the fourth skill, Holy Path fits and is a must.

My question is about the 5th genie skill. I'm leaning towards Fortify to counter those obnoxious stuns. It will fit the affinity mix nicely. Will Fortify break me out of a stun?

Lastly, I don't like Mage Star as it really concerns Wiz v. Wiz so I disregarded that from the start. Occult Ice is interesting because of the popularity of the Assassin (and BMs), but that changes the affinity mix enormously (chi is more important). Anybody have any further info on the subject of good affinity mixes? By the way....Frenzy plus MS rocks in frost :). Also, a tip for full magic newbies: Will of the Phoenix has a great visual knockback effect and can mesmerize squad clerics. Use it sparingly to defend them when the mob ambush is on. They love it!
  • AsagiDragRyu - Raging Tide
    AsagiDragRyu - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Is ToP better for (oh shi-) button when needed some fast healing than Second wind for wizards?
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    no
    ToP has a delay in healing.
    SW heals for less (about 2k HP max) but instant.

PvE wise:
    ToP heals for more, but over time.
    In my experience SW is great under 6k HP, saves a lot of times the charm if you have one and the best "oh shi-" skill on genie along with Abs.Domain.
    ToP is nice and you need to anticipate a bit it's usage. ToP + charm = $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for PWI, since it will eat your charm alive. Used before tick is just stupid, used after tick...well, you've used your charm already so maybe some event food will save you anyway.
    PvP/TW wise:
    ToP all the way. Learn to use it, it will save your life.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Outdated - closing in case of a future necro.
This discussion has been closed.