• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    bump for all that is good and holy.

b:victory great guide Seraphim

b:quiet dont say that seraphim is a evil demon
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    oh... Bump for all that is dark and *giggitee giggitee* dirty b:laugh
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Dont say that around me im already close to being sage. 6 more levels till rebirth b:pleased
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    Biggyluv - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    WTF does endgame mean? I havent did a quest or anything that ends my game yet!
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    WTF does endgame mean? I havent did a quest or anything that ends my game yet!

roflmao b:laughb:chuckle
  • Seraphim - Dreamweaver
    Seraphim - Dreamweaver Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Very nice Seraphim. i remember reading this a while ago.

but I'm a bit confused. you mentioned Zeratul having 200 more Pdef and 1k less Edef. what about his critical hit rate? and have you actually killed him?

Still. Good job.

Zeratul hits me for 900 damage, I hit him back for 1.8k. He restat Arcane at TT90, but needless to say, My base hit outdamaged his Crit.

Will try my best to maintain this wizard guide. Looking for suggestions always.

Late reply to Tisa, Until level 80, unless you are a cash user, do not refine past +3. But do not leave any items unrefined either. Save Orbs for +5 Armor +8 Weapon and Immaculates for TT90.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Zeratul hits me for 900 damage, I hit him back for 1.8k. He restat Arcane at TT90, but needless to say, My base hit outdamaged his Crit.

Will try my best to maintain this wizard guide. Looking for suggestions always.

Late reply to Tisa, Until level 80, unless you are a cash user, do not refine past +3. But do not leave any items unrefined either. Save Orbs for +5 Armor +8 Weapon and Immaculates for TT90.

thats the point of LA. you restat at lvl 90 to pure. LA is just to help you through those certain lvls and if you want to pvp.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Pretty much every PvPing wizard I've seen(La or otherwise) has said LA is not useful at 90+. Just go arcane and get some nice +crit gear.

Also shouldn't this guide be stickied by now?
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    guess its not sticky worthy...i got to finish my guide b:shutup
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    We have a stickied guide from a guy saying he doesn't know anything post 60 ._.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    roflmao b:laugh

cant argue with that one
  • exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It is very surprising that there were not stated two main reasons (IMO, of course) to go demon.
    1. -channeling from demon spark, -25%.
    2. -channeling with demon wellspring, -15%.

Channeling is a main trouble wiz have got, and those skills can help very much, especially when stacked with equpment's -channeling.

<good notes skipped>

I have actually always wondered about that... Does it really stack with equipment channeling bonus or does it applies after? In other words, if you have -40% already with gear, would the demon spark get you to -65% or to -55% (40% + 25% of the remaining 60% time). Also, does it directly stack with crafted meds that reduce channeling time?

Please, I don't want answers like "It should stack" or "I think it does"... Does someone REALLY know?
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    exent wrote: »
    I have actually always wondered about that... Does it really stack with equipment channeling bonus or does it applies after? In other words, if you have -40% already with gear, would the demon spark get you to -65% or to -55% (40% + 25% of the remaining 60% time). Also, does it directly stack with crafted meds that reduce channeling time?

Please, I don't want answers like "It should stack" or "I think it does"... Does someone REALLY know?

How about.. "who cares?". The -channeling time for a Demon spark is already very fast enough.

What kind of stupid mage would have -40% channeling in the first place.
  • exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    How about.. "who cares?". The -channeling time for a Demon spark is already very fast enough.

I simply asked a question. If you don't like it, I would prefer you simply ignore it. There is no need to be insulting...
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options

b:surrender

what's better than -40% cehnneling? ...that directly equates to extra DPS (+/- 20% or so depending on skill cast time).

anyways... bump for Seraph's pro guide; STICKY PLEASE >:O
  • Seraphim - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Thank you Lieal for helping me make this post cute:P
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Pyrogram is in blue b:laughb:chuckle
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    congratz...good guide b:victory

anyway even if u say that demon are better than sage i still think sage wons...that chi is godly, ice dragon is very cool (but sage bid rly have 80% chance to crit like i heard), i prefer the sage gush than the demon 1 for a stronger mage 600 add atks isnt that much, divine pyro and gs is much better wiht - mag res, stone rain is pretty better to me and finally the +5% element dmg are just much better than +3% crit especially for a mage...even wihtout demon barrier and stuns and -channel on some skills...sage is just lovely

FoW-sutra-glacial snare-bids-divine pyro(if needed)-pyrogram(just if u need continue) this combo is OP

i prefer 3/2 hit ppl than hope for crits wiht some good stuns b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seraphim - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The biggest misconception is that these skillbooks are EASY to get. 12 hours in FB99, 4 runs, 4 days of farming wine. 0 skill books dropped. Thats not 0 Wizard books dropped. Thats 0 books dropped period.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The skillbooks only drop from the last boss in the FB at a 10% rate. Then that one boss drops EVERY skill book so the chance of seeing a wizard skill is really 1/6 and then there's already a 1/10 chance of a book actually dropping so you can say the odds are really about 1/60.

Hell 99fb is probably faster to farm though, can do it with wine in about an hour or so.
  • Seraphim - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Made some minor updates on color
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The skillbooks only drop from the last boss in the FB at a 10% rate. Then that one boss drops EVERY skill book so the chance of seeing a wizard skill is really 1/6 and then there's already a 1/10 chance of a book actually dropping so you can say the odds are really about 1/60.

Hell 99fb is probably faster to farm though, can do it with wine in about an hour or so.

1/120 b:surrender

you still have to figure the book could be sage or demon... and you can only use one of those b:sad

which is why i've totally decided to make up my mind based on the first four skills (gush, pyro, SR, & the doll thing) & count the rest as extras I'll probably never have... so now I'm thinking it's sage for me :O

And a question for Seraph: how do you do in rebirth delta as an arcane wiz?

oh and mod please sticky this guide and burn the other two arcane wiz guides >.>
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Well at the current market prices you can get a level 92 skill for around 12 million (600k per old book page and need 20), and a level 99 skill for about 6 million (200k per page of fate and need 30).

The 99 skills aren't hard to get at all, and the 92 can be pretty tough to get though. So you either choose level fast and get the easier skills to get, or farm hard and get the harder to obtain skills but don't require the level.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/18839 - The 92 skills obtained from old book pages.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/19005 - The 99 skills obtained from pages of fate.

The rest of the skills drop from the 99fb.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Well at the current market prices you can get a level 92 skill for around 12 million (600k per old book page and need 20), and a level 99 skill for about 6 million (200k per page of fate and need 30).

The 99 skills aren't hard to get at all, and the 92 can be pretty tough to get though. So you either choose level fast and get the easier skills to get, or farm hard and get the harder to obtain skills but don't require the level.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/18839 - The 92 skills obtained from old book pages.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/19005 - The 99 skills obtained from pages of fate.

The rest of the skills drop from the 99fb.

Sage Sandstormb:dirty
    Quit.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    what does sage sandstorm does again?
    i think we confirmed it was a second debuff, can haiz confirm this plz

i so wish haiz was here when seraphim was saying hell mage was better for TW.
    Haiz would have torn him up b:laugh
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    what does sage sandstorm does again?
    i think we confirmed it was a second debuff, can haiz confirm this plz

i so wish haiz was here when seraphim was saying hell mage was better for TW.
    Haiz would have torn him up b:laugh

sage sandstrom efect is pretty stupid omared to demon....
    -it makes ur enemy loses 50% accu for 15 sec instant of 10b:chuckle

check here out--- www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • avalon2008
    avalon2008 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Very good thread. Thanks all.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I srsly think this should be sticky

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • woyaa
    woyaa Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Sticky :)

Very useful, thanks for the guide.
    Only points:
    @-chant:
    On another server, I have managed to achieve the Impossible, -100% chant (with deamon spark ;))
    Needless to say, it is highly usefull:laugh
    If I traded all my +crit for it, I would probabbly end up with
    *does math*
    +56% ;)
    @Heaven/Hell:
    Go Heaven for LA, Hell for Robes is my advice ;)
    Probs nothing you don't know
    I managed to hit level 104 on a X5 rates server!
    b:cute
    How you level 101's on X1 can stand it, I don't know b:shocked
    Woyaa|Level 104|Venomancer|Heaven|Heavy Fox
    SpringBud|Level 98|Wizard|Heaven|LA Mage <--Goes to DP
    Lowbie Alts:
    FrostSong|Level 90|Cleric|Heaven|Full Vit Cleric
    IcantPWN|Level 77|BladeMaster|Axe/Fists HA/LA
    X0neX|Level 89|Archer|Hell|Exotic EA (1 Mag each level)
    LaZy|Level 91|Cleric|Heaven|Full Int, retired
    T4nker|Level 8x|Barbarian|Full Con, playing on this one
This discussion has been closed.