Seraphim's PVE-TW Wizard Guide

Comments

• CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I dont like defensive stats on a weapon. Armor is for defense, just get good armor if you lack defense. Weapon is for attack, and you should get as much attack bonuses on your weapon as possible imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I dont like defensive stats on a weapon. Armor is for defense, just get good armor if you lack defense. Weapon is for attack, and you should get as much attack bonuses on your weapon as possible imo.

heh, i think like her....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009

ya what Celia said
    but inferno is just awesome
    +mag atk
    +3% crit
    +HP

nicely balanced weapon, i would only give it up for rank 8, warsoul or sinrabansho. Which i might start working on getting sinrabansho, cant you get the twilight scepter through chips?
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ya what Celia said
    but inferno is just awesome
    +mag atk
    +3% crit
    +HP

nicely balanced weapon, i would only give it up for rank 8, warsoul or sinrabansho. Which i might start working on getting sinrabansho, cant you get the twilight scepter through chips?

gl try getting warsoul, btw rank8 is already HARD to get
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Wow, really? And here I was with my 4.5k rep thinking 8jun was just around the corner.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    lol, ppl talking about 8jun and and warsouls as is just another item u get in a TT run.
    Same for demon/sage skills, I really want to see who has all of them on PWI. Prolly there is 1 player, the rest are having the base 3 + 1 lucky drop here and there.
    But hey, if u wanna spend the rest of your life in PWI trying to get a 8jun or warsoul, GL.

That Neon Purgatory wand looks like something that one might get if u farm lunar enough. Warsoul and 8jun talk is just bullsh!t for increase post count

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seraphim - Dreamweaver
    Seraphim - Dreamweaver Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It takes 1 of each warsoul fragment to make the weapon mold or something. And it takes 99 weapon molds to make the weapon...

Which means 99 of each fragment. I really hope I'm wrong but, I dont think collecting 99 x 2500 mysterious chips is my cup of tea.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    +HP is great. The HP+245 on the Ravager means you could basically take out 24-25 vit and add it to magic. That's a lot of extra damage. The HP bonuses make it easier to stick with 3/5 base vit without having very low hp/pdef.

If you build your character around this kind of gear, such a large HP bonus basically translates into a damage boost.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    I doubt i get a rank 8 or warsoul the best i can hope for is souless or sinrabansho if i do cube enough for twilight scepter
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Oops stupid phone x.x
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    I doubt i get a rank 8 or warsoul the best i can hope for is souless or sinrabansho if i do cube enough for twilight scepter
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    AFAIK the mat needed for Shinrabansho can't be chipped. It's a 0.0056% drop off of Minister in 3-3 so good luck with that.
    I like pie
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    +HP is great. The HP+245 on the Ravager means you could basically take out 24-25 vit and add it to magic. That's a lot of extra damage. The HP bonuses make it easier to stick with 3/5 base vit without having very low hp/pdef.

If you build your character around this kind of gear, such a large HP bonus basically translates into a damage boost.

he's got the idea though i'm of a mind that 90+ i'm going full glass cannon. every possible point goes to magic. with the 87 neck giving +7/8 str i'll be dropping str to add those to magic. if i want more hp i'll refine another level on gear.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    That Neon Purgatory wand looks like something that one might get if u farm lunar enough.
    You pretty much have to farm cube for chips to get those tinders, and 3-2 for the images. The 95 green wand is the one that you actually farm/buy mats for.

Unless you want to spend almost 8 hours (assuming a good squad), and several charms, for a low chance at a drop that everyone will want.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Ya im going for souless scaredevil until i get the mats
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Bump for sticky, please take away streakers guide or wizard guide for newcomers and sticky this guide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seraphim - Dreamweaver
    Seraphim - Dreamweaver Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Too many endgame gears =xxx
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Not necessarily a bad thing though. You don't want everyone to have your endgame gear, do ya? X3 Reminds me of my saxophone...

This is my saxophone. There are many like it, but it is my own. My saxophone is nothing without me, and I am nothing without it. ...

That's basically what it comes down to in the triple digits from what I've seen. X.x
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    it's not about having or not endgame gear, is how u obtain that gear.
    Some ppl were working their arses for months to get some TT gold mats or some FC weapons. Now everything is dirt cheap, u just need to slide your CC.
    That's why hardcore non cash players that were at the top of the charts just quit.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Bump for sticky, please take away streakers guide or wizard guide for newcomers and sticky this guide.

"Or?" OR!?!?! take both those ****ty guides & burn please :)
    Not necessarily a bad thing though. You don't want everyone to have your endgame gear, do ya? X3 Reminds me of my saxophone...

This is my saxophone. There are many like it, but it is my own. My saxophone is nothing without me, and I am nothing without it. ...

That's basically what it comes down to in the triple digits from what I've seen. X.x

rofl... full metal jacket- band camp edition?
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    I know being such a low level doesn't excuse my naivety, but I really haven't looked as much into the stuff as I should have. Bad Ophelius. ... Where's that water bottle? XD
    "Or?" OR!?!?! take both those ****ty guides & burn please :)

rofl... full metal jacket- band camp edition?

Yeeeees! I do so miss me some band camp...
  • makelulznotwar
    makelulznotwar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hmm

This has proved interesting material to read, i must admit i have Fuxxed my wiz up by starting off not knowing what to level, but the odd skillpoint here or there are somewhat negligable.

A very good guide, and has proved very fruitful and has given me a lot to think about and or change with my wiz

Props to you Seraph
  • Dagrun - Heavens Tear
    Dagrun - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Good Guide Seraphim! b:victory

I know I'm no where near the insane levels, but it's good to know that yes, I can do it arcane. I might need to um, rearrange my stats a tad (put a few in vit b:surrender) but otherwise I've been mostly pure magic.

I think the reason why I switched from Veno to Wizzy is the pure BOOM factor. It's just so much fun! May also be just letting my inner pyro out too. b:pleased
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    lol.
    Keep lvl that veno, you'll need the cash for a pure wiz :D
    A veno that can do a solo TT, no matter which one, is a cash machine.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Worship - Harshlands
    Worship - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Wow this is really deserving of a sticky... thank you for the guide =]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    i know, for some reason still some n00b Arcane guides are sticky instead of this one

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rezsonate - Heavens Tear
    Rezsonate - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Umm, wut does extreme poison mean?
    Dang!...I just lost my train of thought...
  • Kila_Master - Harshlands
    Kila_Master - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    y isnt this stickied.....
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Umm, wut does extreme poison mean?

Extreme poison is a genie skill that intensifies damage against your target. b:victory
  • Atiko - Sanctuary
    Atiko - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    y isnt this stickied.....

anyone ever asked a mod or admin to sticky?^^

bet if you did this would have 1 LOL!
This discussion has been closed.