Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Can someone color this for me plox?
    I'm afraid to touch it xD

Kitten has:
    -silver/white hair
    -Purple eyes
    -Black lipstick
    -Black and white clothing:: Black gloves, black bra, white&black pants and white&black shoes

Kilk is just purple :3

Oh ya color the pocky whatever lol

Though everyone is welcome to color it as they like.b:cute Enjoy

kittenkilk.jpg
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • LeLelle - Sanctuary
    LeLelle - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    guys! Guys really, a word of advice for all of you...

STOP USING THE PAINTBUCKET TOOL!!!!

That's why you end up with that white space around the lines that makes it look tacky. If you have a program that can layer, put the line layer on top, set the layer to something that is see through (for photoshop the mode would be called multiply) and put all your color layers below it so that you don't touch the line work at all.

I'm using Corel Draw which is vector graphics instead of raster graphics. I originally assumed I couldn't do this.

For anyone using Corel Draw, put the bitmap in its own layer, and place at the top of the stack like you would with a raster program. You want the lines to be above any other bitmaps you may be incorporating.

Use the transparency tool on the bitmap. First drop down is set to Uniform transparency, second drop down is set to multiply. Transparency value is 0 so the lines are fully visable.
  • LeLelle - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    With apologies to the line artist. . .

I did not see how badly I had murdered the lines with the automated tracing tool until after I had uploaded the image.

My second attempt at this one.

Kowlin2_011_96.png
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    oooh^^; my lines didn't get lost :D
    ty for coloring^^

I'm still watching the pics that are being posted here. makes me want to draw more, but... I'm too lazy atm^^
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Exmortis - Sanctuary
    Exmortis - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    great ideea!
  • LeLelle - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    colorthis002_LL.png
  • Gwenibeth - Archosaur
    Gwenibeth - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I just color on photoshop. Most of the time it ends up a signature but yeah great idea PEACE
    b:quiet I'm Back b:quiet
  • VaIentiine - Harshlands
    VaIentiine - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I attempted to colour a few of these and ended up giving up.
    I honestly fail at it aparentally, despite my attempts not to. Haha.

b:chuckle

Anyways, props to everyone who has coloured and drawn. They're nice.
    [SIGPIC]http://i47.tinypic.com/f375aw.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    "You were right and I wasn't listening, I never told you what you were missing."
    Archosaur - 9x sage venomancer, Sanctuary - 9x demon venomancer
    Harshlands - 7x cleric and 6x archer, Raging Tides - 8x archer
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Roriror - Lost City
    Roriror - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    like the idea and love the art.

i shall be submitting when i stop being lazy. v.v

and also.. kyna i greatly admire your work.

now marry me. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    O.o I'm not quite sure I know what to say to that.... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited September 2010

pretty picture!!

i would like to colour but i have o idea which program to use i dont have photoshop i only use Gimp but ive never coloured before. maybe i shall have a go but i bet it will be horrific

(some time later)

okso i finished my first ever attempt at colouring in a line drawing. im sorry if i butchered your beautiful artwork *hides* but it was my first time

PINKCOLOUR.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Not bad for a first time I must say ^^ ... at least you didn't use the fill tool, I would have had to hurt you. >_>

So what did you color using? A tablet or a mouse? All I would say really is more layers of shading to make it pop and seem less flat, also, a tip I've been given quite a few times by other artists, try to stay away from pure white unless it makes perfect sense. White often reflects the colors around it, so it wouldn't be pure white, but rather, tinged a little toward another color.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for the feedback kyna!
    actually im on a laptop so regular mouse touchpad is what im using. admitadly not th best tool for art but to be honest i hadnt even thought about linking my sketchng which i usualy do to digital colouring so today ws browsing through this thread and thought what the hell i migt as well give it a go.

so now i guess it smy turn to submit some drawings? sorry they kinda crappy i did the sketches in a rush cause i wanted somethign to practice colouring on the first one was based VERY loosely on my Archer (wearing schoolgirl outfit) and is in my signature below the second is based completly on my hubbys char Anozira (wearing his shinobi) hope somebody has a go at colouring them xd.

scan0012trans.jpg
    scan0013.jpg

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Well, I took a stab at coloring something:

coloredcleric.png

Original lines are Deceptistar's.

I did this in GIMP, and what I used to extract the lines was colorselect white, and add an alpha channel to the layer before clearing, but it's not very effective, especially on thin lineart, so if anyone has a better way of doing this, it would be much appreciated. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Well, I took a stab at coloring something:

ColoredCleric.png

Original lines are Deceptistar's.

I did this in GIMP, and what I used to extract the lines was colorselect white, and add an alpha channel to the layer before clearing, but it's not very effective, especially on thin lineart, so if anyone has a better way of doing this, it would be much appreciated. :3

i used gimp too xd the pic looks great. i played around with Gimp for a while and found that if you go into Layers then Transparency then click Colour to Alpha making sure the colour that will go to alpha is white it gives an even cleaner line than colour select white...for more complex drawings

yup guys imma back!

• Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i used gimp too xd the pic looks great. i played around with Gimp for a while and found that if you go into Layers then Transparency then click Colour to Alpha making sure the colour that will go to alpha is white it gives an even cleaner line than colour select white...for more complex drawings

Thanks so much, I'll have to try that. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ok so I I think I got a little better at coloring :/ but I still don't know how to shade colors. Now I see the eye in this art as closed, so the green is like her eyeshadow I guess

Hope I didn't butcher it

2603kp4.jpg

here's another

9awmmx.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • LeLelle - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    . . . but I still don't know how to shade colors. . . .

I was looking at the coloring you did of SerenityMare on page 37 of this thread.

In that piece you were in fact trying to shade & highlight. Its just that the colors you selected didn't make any sense. Which is wierd, because the design and placement of the variations you did were correct. I am thinking that MS Paint is the cuprit here. You just don't have the needed colors available in your work palette. And the ones you need are hard to come up with using that tool.

Shades and higlights - this is what it is needed to add depth. I am going over what you did:

R Edge of Eyes - shadow
    R edge of R Shoulder - shadow
    L side of Hair - highlight
    R Side of Body - Shadow

And for the last one - R Side of body - you would have wanted to do similar to the arms.

so when you say you don't know how to shade and highlight, I am thinking you are learning how to.

For thsese last two colorings that you did, you are doing a real good job of staying within the lines.

Remeber: practice, practice, practice.
  • Misspoppycok - Heavens Tear
    Misspoppycok - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Lines: Deceptistar
    Color: me :P

assasinDeceptistarcopy-1.png

O-O that is awesome-sauce... *in a overload of awe*

b:chuckle but i tried to sketch up something really quick for y'all.
    have fun with it! :D and sry for my crappy upload of it :< my camera got kidnapped
    and i don't have the time to scan it atm... *used webcam* T^T I'll try and upload it properly soon tho! b:thanks

wargamesclean.jpg
    Art page: [behrblud.deviantart.com]
    edited September 2010
    thanks Lelle :)

well who's ever heard of a 23 yr old who cant stay in the lines lol

Ya, I tried a bit of shding, and you're right, I couldn't find very good colors.

I wanna try and get a pad so it'll be easier, but as of now, I'm using a mouse...

Thanks for th feedback, and of course, I'll definately keep practicing :)

• Q____Q - Dreamweaver
    Q____Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I was looking at the coloring you did of SerenityMare on page 37 of this thread.

In that piece you were in fact trying to shade & highlight. Its just that the colors you selected didn't make any sense. Which is wierd, because the design and placement of the variations you did were correct. I am thinking that MS Paint is the cuprit here. You just don't have the needed colors available in your work palette. And the ones you need are hard to come up with using that tool.

Shades and higlights - this is what it is needed to add depth. I am going over what you did:

R Edge of Eyes - shadow
    R edge of R Shoulder - shadow
    L side of Hair - highlight
    R Side of Body - Shadow

And for the last one - R Side of body - you would have wanted to do similar to the arms.

so when you say you don't know how to shade and highlight, I am thinking you are learning how to.

For thsese last two colorings that you did, you are doing a real good job of staying within the lines.

Remeber: practice, practice, practice.

Sometime ago I looked at the picture Grippe did of SerenityMare, I used basically the same colours, and I did it all on paint for you lolz xD
    2i6mw.png
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I grabbed the small version^^;

anyway, here' my try:
    (Lines by Deceptistar)
    flowerS_FlauschkatzeColo.jpg

can anyone tell me how to make the lines more clear? or do you make them transparent or...? :(

and ty for coloring my gryphon :)
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
    edited September 2010
    @QQ, wow much better than mine... I never was one for artsy stuff :/

@Flaus... Wow that was really pretty! O_O and haha I tried :/

• Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    it makes me SO DAMN SAD that this thread doesnt get used as much as it should so i rifled through to do a quick colour and this is what i did
    Yet another awsome skeche of me- via the amazingness of Vixe
    blonde hair-green eyes folks ^^
    16ifuaw.jpg

i am aware its not brilliant i only did it fast but i had fun.
    keep this thread going guys!

xd.jpg

yup guys imma back!

• Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    it makes me SO DAMN SAD that this thread doesnt get used as much as it should so i rifled through to do a quick colour and this is what i did

i am aware its not brilliant i only did it fast but i had fun.
    keep this thread going guys!

xd.jpg

HOLY POPTARTS! O_O

Dorset, I love how you coloured this in ^^ *insta saves* Thanks girl! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    np any time esne xd

yup guys imma back!

• Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Lines by Decepstar colouring by meeee
    angel.jpg

yup guys imma back!

• Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Meh post 2 i hope people start using this thread more its great for practice
    Assasin-1.jpg

yup guys imma back!

• _Agrona_ - Lost City
    _Agrona_ - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Just a tip
    color UNDER the line layer, not on top of it. >_> that way the lines won't get smeared.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Caster Fish will drown youuuu!

Eventually...