PW Coloring Book!

Comments

• LeLelle - Sanctuary
    LeLelle - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Wanting to try vector graphics software. Im just testing out Inkscape here. It has a very serious learning curve.

BeingHope2_ll.png

This was done with Corel Draw. Bleh.

344pnkj_ll.png
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Kittennice: I love the stripes one ;D May have to have a go at it m'self - if only to scrape some of the rust off my photoshop skills...

EDIT: Done!
    stripes.jpg

Awesome possum Keph =^.^=
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Can someone please colour this? b:cute

3.jpg

colored2-1.jpg

bahh eww
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Q____Q - Dreamweaver
    Q____Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Can someone please colour this? b:cute

3.jpg

ehh I suck at colouring cause I only have paint.net >.>
    transparent background ftw :D
    vzevpc.jpg
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Thanks both of you! b:victory

I really like the one you did, Q! xD

How did you know I have white hair? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Q____Q - Dreamweaver
    Q____Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Thanks both of you! b:victory

I really like the one you did, Q! xD

How did you know I have white hair? b:chuckle

Magic..
    and.. meh I did this with another person..
    I saved it as different things ._.'
    2zej6sn.jpg

>_> I like this
    3492t1y.png
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Magic..
    and.. meh I did this with another person..
    I saved it as different things ._.'
    2zej6sn.jpg

>_> I like this
    3492t1y.png

Oiiii. Thank youuuu <3

I like them! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LeLelle - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    I did this one with Inkscape. It crashed on me about 4 times. Remember to save from time to time.

NaoLines_LL_04.png
    edited July 2010
    Awww that's cute, Lelelle
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I'm posting on Reikara atm instead of Limeball 'cus I nearly did a backflip when I saw my Reikara on the patcher for Facebook Connect. I have no idea where they got that pic or if it's a Gm characer but it looks exactly like Rei did in her 80 levels and i'm waiting for an answer ~_~.

Anyway, this was my first attempt at colouring with my graphics tabelt since I got it, and it's given me a new found love for colouring :D.

Starassassin.jpg

Also, I was playing around with it and inverted the colours. I thought it looked pretty awesome so I made this o.0

assassin.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    *blink*

You are coloring with vector graphics software?

This is exactly where I want to go.

Your lines. I missed that at first. Also vector graphics? I would sure like to spend some time talking to you.

Two wizards: male (portrait) and female dressed for business. Love them.

Edit: @Limeball - Looking back at recent posts and READING them, I see you talked about your inking technique, and some of the things you have going on in your software world. Thank you for sharing. Good luck with inkscape. For coloring, I do believe there is some potential with that tool.

I'm Limeball, just posting on my old main atm. I coloured the archer guy in GIMP. I guess it's my poor attempt at cell shading lol. There's not much I find I can do with a mouse so I keep it simple. When I go all out shading I use my tablet.

I'm not too sure on inkscape, I need to do some tutorials or something with it, it irks me out a little when I use it but then again so did GIMP when I was new to it lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Have fun >.<

Xaldain

Xaldain.jpg

Stripes again. But I like my newer version. This has clothes at least..

Stripes-1.jpg
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    asian-ish assassin! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Limeball - Heavens Tear
    Limeball - Heavens Tear Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I didn't mean it to turn out that way but it just did by the time I was done with it lol. So I just gave her a background and font style to match ^_^;;
    Reikara - 94 HA/AA Veno - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Limeball -84 Assassin - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Reikarah - 99 Seeker - Sanctuary - Retired

Why do I stick around? I draw pwi fanart.
  • VaIentiine - Harshlands
    VaIentiine - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    This is such a cute thread. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC]http://i47.tinypic.com/f375aw.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    "You were right and I wasn't listening, I never told you what you were missing."
    Archosaur - 9x sage venomancer, Sanctuary - 9x demon venomancer
    Harshlands - 7x cleric and 6x archer, Raging Tides - 8x archer
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Wanting to try vector graphics software. Im just testing out Inkscape here. It has a very serious learning curve.

BeingHope2_ll.png

O_______O you made my bunny adorable!!!!! omg!!!!! b:cute awwww thank you thank you thank you so much for coloring my bunny!!!!!!!! Now I'm going to print it out and put it on my wall b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • LeLelle - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Corel Draw using automated tracing, gradient fill dialog, color selector, path clipping, and path editing.

This is a far as i could go without having to lay down my own lines and shapes.

kowlin_LL.png
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ^ Kinda awesome Kowlin^^

I've got a little request, could anyone please colour this sketch of Vixe?

huntresssilvy.jpg

Eyes should be blood red, hair dark brown, skin pale white, shoes black, pants dark gray, shirt a lighter dark gray, cape gray-ish/blackish with maybe a hint of blue, collar same colour and those almost hidden clothing parts white... well that would be it b:surrender Sounds a little bit ... picky... sorry xD
    Thanks in anticipation b:thanksb:thanks

(any other cool colouring would be also fine^^)
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Yet another awsome skeche of me- via the amazingness of Vixe
    blonde hair-green eyes folks ^^
    16ifuaw.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Yet another awsome skeche of me- via the amazingness of Vixe
    blonde hair-green eyes folks ^^
    16ifuaw.jpg

colored1.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • LeLelle - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    I am wanting to color the Joker lines. I seem to be struggling with the color.

Would anybody say I am on the right track? Any advice would be appreciated.

JokerTest001.png

Thx.
  • LeLelle - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    This is just a concept and is far from finished. Someone might even finish this before I do. I wanted to show you some sample colors and see how far off they were from what you were wanting.

Proof003.png

The hair is an approximation. For dark brown, the hair should be darker, I think.

I wanted to see what you thought of the cape color.

For the pants, does the grey need to be darker?

The sleeves match the cape. This may not be right. The sleeves are part of the shirt?

There is a piece to the left (subject's left) of the eyebrow. Currently it is colored to be a part of the cape.

edit: Looking at the picture I just posted, I see that is hair to the left of the eyebrow.

There are 3 items to the left of the ear. I have these as a piece of shirt, a piece of pants, and a piece of shoe.

I also wanted to make sure I have the face right. There is cape collar to the left and right of the mouth. The mouth and chin are visible.

Sorry for being stupid. We don't get many action poses around here. This almost looks like Single Whip Right.

edit: update on picture Im just blocking out the colors to see if they are right and parts are identified correctly. Dont freak out on the white lines as this is just proof picture.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    guys! Guys really, a word of advice for all of you...

STOP USING THE PAINTBUCKET TOOL!!!!

That's why you end up with that white space around the lines that makes it look tacky. If you have a program that can layer, put the line layer on top, set the layer to something that is see through (for photoshop the mode would be called multiply) and put all your color layers below it so that you don't touch the line work at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    This is just a concept and is far from finished. Someone might even finish this before I do. I wanted to show you some sample colors and see how far off they were from what you were wanting.

Proof003.png

The hair is an approximation. For dark brown, the hair should be darker, I think.

I wanted to see what you thought of the cape color.

For the pants, does the grey need to be darker?

The sleeves match the cape. This may not be right. The sleeves are part of the shirt?

There is a piece to the left (subject's left) of the eyebrow. Currently it is colored to be a part of the cape.

edit: Looking at the picture I just posted, I see that is hair to the left of the eyebrow.

There are 3 items to the left of the ear. I have these as a piece of shirt, a piece of pants, and a piece of shoe.

I also wanted to make sure I have the face right. There is cape collar to the left and right of the mouth. The mouth and chin are visible.

Sorry for being stupid. We don't get many action poses around here. This almost looks like Single Whip Right.

Ah, thank you for picking the drawing up =)

Hm, the cape colour is almost right, should be like the cape of the original picture for the trench coat.

As for the pants, I don't know, but wouldn't it be better if the pants have the colour of the cape? I guess I was a bit mislead back then... (Otherwise, a darker gray would be appreciated, since it's somewhat misleading that the collar is so close to the left foot (subject's view))

About the sleeves, them being the same colour as the cloak is fine.

The shirt below the actual jacket/coat (which you coloured gray) should be white though (meaning those little pieces peering between hand and sleeve and pants and shirt).

I think you mistook the hand to the left (subject's view) as foot. The actual hand is "clawed".

And the collar. The collar should be "closed", the chin and the mouth shouldn't be to be seen.

To aid with the hair colour and the ears (which are meant to be fox ears), here's a picture of my character

Oh and another thing, is it possible to make that strand of hair visible in the face more transparent, so that both eyes are clearly visible?

Thanks again for colouring it b:thanks
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Lines: Deceptistar
    Color: me :P

assasinDeceptistarcopy-1.png

Photobucket murdered the quality >.<

I wasn't sure what color scheme to go by so I just used the one I have on my own tideborn character.... though she's a Psychic not an assassin. lol Blue skin... can't say I've ever done it before but it was kinda neat.

By the way... I DID NOT USE THE PAINT BUCKET TOOL ON THIS! Actually, I barely touched the line work... I'd feel bad if I didn't leave it alone... b:surrender Such epic line art.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    *touches legs* :d
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    >_> does that qualify as approval? lol b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • WizaII - Sanctuary
    WizaII - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i know it has nothing to do with pw,, but well,, it would be nice to see it colored, u.u
    is Smaug the dragon from "The Hobbit"
    ps: seen the whole thread,, good job guys and gals, ^^

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1230/picturexh.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] thnx to xRiptidex for the draw, to Kieve for the color, and to ForsakenX for the sig, ^^ b:thanks
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Guess what? I finally drew my own line art!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

Here you guys go, color on!!! >:3

cat.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i know it has nothing to do with pw,, but well,, it would be nice to see it colored, u.u
    its Smaug the dragon from "The Hobbit"
    ps: seen the whole thread,, good job guys and gals, ^^

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1230/picturexh.jpg

O....M.....G.....O_O

DAMN, that's a kickass dragon! I wish I could draw dragons like that. D=