Xerelle - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yay!! Tear is a Champion b:cuteb:victory
  • DaMan - Dreamweaver
    DaMan - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I like the guide, pretty good for any newbie mmorpg player as a pet/caster class. Just wanted to add to this about hay and the like, my best farm for it was antelope pups by Silver Pool. And if you need fruit for the next slot I farmed soulchaser antelopes north of Tusk Town allthough most of the Vipions seem to drop either or depending on there level. But since I hate aerial fighting almost as much as water these were the two spots I went.
    I'm not anti-herc, I'm anti-bad veno!!!
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    abyssal thunderfins south of archo have a higher hay rate,

also the lofty pterosaurs above anglers village seem to have good friut too for 38-40 leveling
  • LadyWench - Heavens Tear
    LadyWench - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    there's a way of pulling that doesn't require unsummoning your pet (saves time on rebuffing a herc too), but will require you to get closer to the chosen mob/boss.
    your choice of having pet stay back or be with you. approach your target, and use your tame spell on them. it doesn't matter if they are tamable or not. they will then aggro onto you.
    run (of course) back to your pet or tank/dd/etc, sending pet to attack on your way to chosen combat area away from group of mobs.

in most cases, you will likely take a hit or two, similar to if your pet did not resummon in time to attack target, so having sparks available if bramblehood is needed is recommended.
    this method will consume a good amount of mana with each use, depending on what your tame level is, compared to your total mp.
  • Kabria - Dreamweaver
    Kabria - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    SLayerSLayer
    b:laughb:chuckleb:victoryb:dirty
    edited May 2009
    Options
    there's a way of pulling that doesn't require unsummoning your pet (saves time on rebuffing a herc too), but will require you to get closer to the chosen mob/boss.
    your choice of having pet stay back or be with you. approach your target, and use your tame spell on them. it doesn't matter if they are tamable or not. they will then aggro onto you.
    run (of course) back to your pet or tank/dd/etc, sending pet to attack on your way to chosen combat area away from group of mobs.

in most cases, you will likely take a hit or two, similar to if your pet did not resummon in time to attack target, so having sparks available if bramblehood is needed is recommended.
    this method will consume a good amount of mana with each use, depending on what your tame level is, compared to your total mp.
    although a viable method, i prefer unsummoning, because 9 times out of 10 i dont get hit, when its luring huge bosses like deathflow or dimentora, I keep hood on, rebuff herc while it casts, take hit/bash it, begin fight :P I dont need to burn me MP :O
  • LadyWench - Heavens Tear
    LadyWench - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i quite agree. there are however times when space requirements may not leave much room to draw target away from group as much as desired.
    just saw this technique recently, and hadn't heard of it before, so offering it to others as well. more tools = better (i.m.o.)
  • Malediction - Lost City
    Malediction - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    what soulgem did u use if any at all plz :3
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    HP shards are always recommended... Could mix them with phy def shards if you want. I prefer HP shards over phy def. since the defence wont be outstanding anyway, therefore I just boost my HP as much as possible for longer survivability.
    *Semi retired*
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    An additional recommendation to add to the Rebirth Order - Gamma section...
    Pet should be on manual... Should be used to attack the mobs attacking the Cleric/Wizard/Archer (in that order)... The Venomancer should never be in front of the Barb.

Once the Headless Horseman arrive the venomancer should concentrate on killing those... Since they're the robe killers at the final boss.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    yeah, also, those things are only killable when they go offensive.
    herc is also good for ridding of things that wander outside the AOE
  • IStv - Lost City
    IStv - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I love you.

Great guide, excellent work.
    I actually just made a veno, so reading this guide, I think it will help a tremendous amount. Thank you.
    While the Truncheon may be used in the lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    youre welcome kind sir
  • leskald
    leskald Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    One question - I've made a veno (only lvl 14 now) atm i am having Riding wolf as a pet (pretty good dmg and not bad def and mdef) but i red that later (i won't be able to afford herc probably) i Should have a "Golem" but the picture added is unavailable. Can someone tell me where can i find Golem and what level i will be able to tame it? (and between Wolf and golem i should tame Cristalline Magmite?).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "W życiu chodzi o to, by być trochę niemożliwym."
    (Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde)
    edited June 2009
    Options
    golem is way better than a wolf. goto timberfield northeast of etherblade, and you can tame them at 18
  • leskald
    leskald Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    At 17 to be accurate... And they are called Cristalline Magmites ;)
    i did already thanx, but it take me long to realise what are You talking about. You were using old names of monsters ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "W życiu chodzi o to, by być trochę niemożliwym."
    (Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde)
    edited June 2009
    Options
    yes the picture wouldve made it more accurate, but some jerk decided to trash my photobucket :P
  • EvilDragon - Dreamweaver
    EvilDragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    make sure you get a crystalline magmite (486 967) and not a vulcanic magmite. the vulcanic may be 1 lvl higher but the crystalline has better stats even with the lvl difference b:laugh
    and dont even bother to capture the higher lvl torgirn cuz the stats are not that good as the crystalline's

as an airpet the sawfly will do fine...but you will start fighting in de air after lvl 30. and you may find it boring to train the low lvl sawfly all the way up to your lvl. so just wait till you can capture the pinnaer foxwing (lvl 34)

as a waterpet...just capture a new one everytime you need to fight in the water. or ask your bm or barb friends to help you, they can be your tank. as they take agro from several mobs you can kill them without getting hit b:victory
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Tear, you planning on staying robes at 90? So many people on LC move to LA at 90 and I just don't like the idea of nerfing my mag like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isiphilion - Heavens Tear
    Isiphilion - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    o.O
    What the heck is the point of switching from Robe to LA after lvl 90? If ya gonna do a switch from robe at that point then go HA...

Beside that, I need some advise on lvl 70-80 arcane gear. Right now using;
    Pants: Lvl 70 mold, dark pants of hades
    Chest: Lvl 70 3* Robe (refined)
    Boots: lvl 66 3* (refined. These have 4 sockets and a lot of HP, so not too kin on replacing em yet)
    Bracers: lvl 64 -3chan, but getting the lvl 77 -6 chan mold as soon as I reach the lvl.

So my main problem right now is the chest piece.. I was planning on getting the TT80 gold robe, because it has lots of HP. IMO TT70-80 is just cra.pish.. The regular TT80 robe would be okayish, but this means I have to waste money on tt70 to get the soulgem. On the other hand I dont like the idea of spending 3mil+ on bounded item than I cant sell afterwards... So does anyone have any opinion in this matter?
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    plenty of people do it because it's a LOT easier and cheaper than HA, and still offers more pdef than robe. I just don't like the idea of HA or LA because of the mag attack nerf. I'm curious to see what others think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Options
    no im not switching, if i did, itd be for TW, which i quite frankly cant do on sanct. (apparently id give these big facs a 'bad rep' which is quite funny considering some of the bad apples they have, and my only issue is my forum antics) in any case, LA and HA are both stupid at later levels, whats the point of gimping almost every aspect of a caster class just to be able to take a hit?

isiphilion, tt80 green is pretty wonderful, if youre 70 use snow dance -> intangibility and sell it off later. if youre really a cheap **** though, just use 2-3* junk with good mods and just get TT90 junk way later :P.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    My other question then is if you're staying robes are you:

1) keeping statted vit
    2) statting out vit but only after refining TT90
    3) statting out vit immediately

Sorry, just got into a thinking mood. God knows when I'll actually reach 90 >_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Options
    ive put vit since i started my char. vit is super importante man.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Woman.

Vit... I have base 50. I dunno. Never needed more, probably could easily get by with less. But I like my cushion and sometimes wish I had a bigger one. *ponders*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Options
    well, with TT90 junk ill have ~135 vit. boosting me to a little over 5k hp with higher refines and beautiful gems
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Well have you found that much vit truly helps you, as in, have you encountered many situations where it stood between you and death? I'm not interested in nerfing mag for an occasional occurance, but the reason I statted my vit in the first place was that I was dying far too often just in general, in instances to bosses, to bosses outside of instances... mainly to AOE. Even to normal mobs the chunk their bites took out of me was pretty considerable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If you don't want to nerf your magical attack, then I don't see any reason why you should just cause bunch of venos are switching to LA at later levels.. There is no rule to that.

I've tried both LA, robe, HA past my 60's and ended up playing robe. To be honest I died A LOT more as LA than I do now. However, that has probably to do more with some other factors.. hehe... Anyway, I won't ever play LA again.. If I ever do a switch that will probably be to HA. There are more pros being a robe + vit than LA - vit, IMO...
    *Semi retired*
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Oh, I highly doubt I'll be switching to LA. But I was curious to see what other people were doing. I don't skimp on armor budgets either so I plan to make up some of the pdef with shards (obviously would be rather difficult to make up ALL of it, but some can be made up).

I'm also interested in the amount of vit robe venos are statting. All extra points? Some? Where did you guys cap off?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Nowhere in particular. It depends a lil on the gear too. Like, I went with the -chan TT.. So means it gives me a lot of VIT, therefore I barely put anything in VIT to "make up" for the INT stats from +crit TT -path. Also the green TT gear nurfed my HP by somewhat of 200-250hp. Therefore I put some more in VIT. Right now I got 3125 HP, 35 pure Vit and a total of 60 with bonus. I got some sort of idea what minimum amount of HP I should have when I lvl up and/or switch gear. So, there's not much more of a plan, got more to do with "feeling" for what I need. But I nevr put more than 3/5 VIT points.. Its more like 4/10 max.
    *Semi retired*