Whats your build? come and be counted. (POLL)

Options

Comments

• SashaSlick - Sanctuary
    SashaSlick - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ok i'm not sure what i am...
    Vit=41
    Magic=9
    Strength=75
    Dex=260

Any idea?

*i hope i'm not screwed LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toxicus - Harshlands
    Toxicus - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Vit=41
    Magic=9
    Strength=75
    Dex=260

Any idea?

Your basically an "off-pure" build. Whereas most of your points have gone 4 dex 1 str it seems, but you've tossed some vit in there here or there to give some extra survivability.
  • SashaSlick - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Your basically an "off-pure" build. Whereas most of your points have gone 4 dex 1 str it seems, but you've tossed some vit in there here or there to give some extra survivability.

So does that meani don't belong to any of the four poll?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Akash - Harshlands
    Akash - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Vit=41
    Magic=9
    Strength=75
    Dex=260

Any idea?

In my opinion, you are screwed.

You got 9 magic,..why??!! Put those magic points into dex!

You have a lot of vit.. which means you dont have a high crit rate (less dex). So I guess you have more HP than me, but I **** you with a crit.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Vit=41
    Magic=9
    Strength=75
    Dex=260

Any idea?

That's close to the 7-2-1 Hybrid build. If you move the 4 points from Magic into Strength, it would match exactly:

Vit=41
    Magic=5
    Strength=79
    Dex=260
  • SashaSlick - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ok.. looks like i am LOL
    I'll get that 4 point from magic out asap lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jkw0625
    jkw0625 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    So far im going 1-vit and 2 to both str and dex for levels 1-10 and after that im going 2/3 str/dex for the rest of my levels
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    jkw0625 wrote: »
    So far im going 1-vit and 2 to both str and dex for levels 1-10 and after that im going 2/3 str/dex for the rest of my levels

TIIIIIIIIIIINY little problem with that.

You kinda sorta need at least 3 dex per level to equip your bow.
  • XXCritterXx - Dreamweaver
    XXCritterXx - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I am a fist archer for the who like to run up on a archer in a duel or thoes pesky mobs that just wont run away.I split my sta pionts between Str and Dex to cover both weapons which leaves very little for Vit and none for mag.But I find it works very well and you should see what people say in a duel when they run up on you in a duel and you punch the snot out of them.they usually run back and I proceed to shoot them up. Its very entertaining
  • Oneshotu - Lost City
    Oneshotu - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    im number 500 on the pure dex build pollb:victory
    So the Dead guy says "LOL you fail, you didnt even one shot me"
    Nuf said.
  • Viroment - Dreamweaver
    Viroment - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    b:faintPures FTW. b:laugh
    Proud member of Exclusive :D
  • PolarisX - Dreamweaver
    PolarisX - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    im all PURE BABY!!!!
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    fyi for all your wannabe archers out there. the heaviest hitting archer on ht is no where near pure.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited October 2009
    Options
    fyi for all your wannabe archers out there. the heaviest hitting archer on ht is no where near pure.

Who would that be?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    massive refines and expensive equip > builds?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Oneshotu - Lost City
    Oneshotu - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

fyi, my main char has pked more people then anyone on your entire server,gg pveb:bye

also, equip does beat build...
    So the Dead guy says "LOL you fail, you didnt even one shot me"
    Nuf said.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    fyi, my main char has pked more people then anyone on your entire server,gg pveb:bye

also, equip does beat build...

don't you think for someone who claims to have over 3k kills and still post with a **** 73 alt is kinda pathetic? you can claim to have more kills then the entire ht combined... but as long as your posting with your **** acct, you are ****.
    reminds me of some lvl 5x threating to bring his 100 main to kill me. the only thing that little piece of **** accomplished is making me wait for 10 min at oracles for his "main" that never showed.

edit: don't disappoint me and come forward with your all so powerful main.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    massive refines and expensive equip > builds?

once you have over 300 dex, more dex only plays a small part in the overall dmg. a guy with 300 dex facing off another guy with 330 dex won't notice much diff in dmg given that both are using the same refines. but when the 300 dex guy pulls out his +12 tt99, hes gonna own the 330 dex with his +8. high level refines increase dmg a lot more then low lvl refines. and all those dmg are magnified by the dex multipler.

edited October 2009
    Options
    Sorry to repeat myself, but I genuinely want to know who is the heaviest hitting archer on Heaven's Tear. I do not know enough high level people to make a guess, at all.

Not trying to start a popularity contest or anything. Just wondering.
  • Shintera - Sanctuary
    Shintera - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well, Annor definately isnt fail, so your logic seems perfect Legerity :D

i like my hybrid archer (cant seem to find the avatar for him though b:sad)an average of about 15 or so hp per vit so at 80 that'll be another 1.2k vs more dmg yes. but once i'm done with gamma and such i may restat around 90 cause that's when so much dex will count and great gear (will take the time to get that gear since it's worth it) will make 90dex a big difference and 1.2k hp not so much when the shards give so much more hp to replace it. besides slightly less dmg of a couple hundred per shot for awhile and higher after that i think is worth it. no barb = no fleash ream in FB's and BH ect so the higher dmg only draws more agro to me if i'm not cautious and i'd rather atk full time and less agro chance and survive it when i do. then draw it easily when i constantly attack and not be able to take as many hits. besides to not draw agro i'd hit less and as vit i'd not hit as hard so i could just stay constant fire which don't bother me one bit. well that's my personal 2 cents on why i prefer hybrid over pure till upper levels of 85+ and so on
  • Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear
    Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hmm... proof? Several people have asked, and yet you produce nothing?

....Wait, wait, wait... I got it. You don't have any, because you're wrong?

....Yeah, I think I'll go with that.
  • Argyle - Dreamweaver
    Argyle - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    not really pure, because i don't do the 4,1. at lower lvl's i had my vit at like 25, now vit and mag are at 3 and str is just at light gear requirement, everything else is pumped into dex
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I voted melee variant. I have enough str to equip Annihilator of Souls for certain situations, and just today I bought a Rocking Thunder Helmet (Str 125) which I plan to equip in the future. About 45 Vit also. I can still equip any ranged weapon I may want to for my level. :P

Not heavy armor though... that's kinda suicidal. It'd make more sense to make an arcane-armored archer, at least after 60. Why has no one done that yet? XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    an archer by the name of Fleuri once theorized that you can make some sort of robie archer with massive -channel in order to...cast **** at people fast and thus own everyone or something.

that would require massive refines since you pretty much have to shard garnets to your armor, massive amounts of +crit gear to make up for lack of crits
    (i suppose possible through the recent lol insertion of crit boots, hax tomes, big shards, and super capes)

i also suppose if you +12 your weapon it wouldn't matter how little dex you have

fully buffed you can have very decent pdef and mdef, like say,those rich robie clerics with heavy refines on pdef orns and big shards...you'd be able to beat the **** out of any pure dex archer with average gear i reckon (b:chuckle) but if you dont invest much into your gear, i would imagine that to be a very lackluster build indeed.

money solves a lot of things in this game, including strange builds b:laugh
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    edited October 2009
    Options

Actually, I think a lot of the high level archers in Heaven's Tear are hybrid.

I don't think Sir Kiyoshi is wrong.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Actually, I think a lot of the high level archers in Heaven's Tear are hybrid.

I don't think Sir Kiyoshi is wrong.

Where the heck do you people get the Sir/Lady thing?
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Where the heck do you people get the Sir/Lady thing?

Oh, that would be entirely from me.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sorry to repeat myself, but I genuinely want to know who is the heaviest hitting archer on Heaven's Tear. I do not know enough high level people to make a guess, at all.

Not trying to start a popularity contest or anything. Just wondering.

the hardest hitting is aluba. +12 xbow with 11.7k unbuffed hp last time i checked. most 100 archer average around +5/+8 weap and 6k hp unbuffed. against similar lvl a 100 arch would do 1-2k normal dmg. a high end crit could reach 5-6k. so an average arch would need 5 high end crit in a row to drop him... while he'll just need 1 mid-high end crit to drop you.

another pointless response from a **** archer that doesn't even try to do his own research in game.

edited October 2009
    Options
    the hardest hitting is aluba. +12 xbow with 11.7k unbuffed hp last time i checked. most 100 archer average around +5/+8 weap and 6k hp unbuffed. against similar lvl a 100 arch would do 1-2k normal dmg. a high end crit could reach 5-6k. so an average arch would need 5 high end crit in a row to drop him... while he'll just need 1 mid-high end crit to drop you.

My thanx, Sir Kiyoshi.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    so he +12's his xbow and hits hard, but that's not really because of his stat build is it? it's cuz of his xbow. i think we can still conclude that pure dex build itself is the hardest hitting build out of all the other options right?
This discussion has been closed.