Whats your build? come and be counted. (POLL)

Options

Comments

• imgirlplayer
    imgirlplayer Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    lol per 2 levels 9 dex 1 str(if there was no wepon or armor requirments i would add all dex but...u cant have everything in a perfect world 0.ob:thanks)
  • Takeda - Harshlands
    Takeda - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Eh, I'd say pure, but I was adding some points into Dex, Str, and Vit up until level 7. Then for a bit I was doing the 2 str, 3 dex one level then 3 str, 2 dex the next level up until level 11. Well, something around those numbers. Then I just started adding doing the 1 str 4 dex each level...
  • KrazyzViet - Dreamweaver
    KrazyzViet - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    lol per 2 levels 9 dex 1 str(if there was no wepon or armor requirments i would add all dex but...u cant have everything in a perfect world 0.o)
    1 str ever 2 lvls? you plan to use lower grade LA? b:shocked
  • EronKillstar - Dreamweaver
    EronKillstar - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    20 points to MAG for larger mana pool = more skills can be used and mana regenerates faster = PERPETUAL FLIGHT WITH BASIC WINGS = afk flying.

I TRIED the "PURE" build for the first 15 levels and ya know what??? Archers dont get out of DEX what my fist BM does - and I am fully comfortable statting THAT character pure Dex with only minimal contributions to STR (essentially 2str 3dex per level) Now that I've leveled off my MAG for perpetual flight, I'll be changing route and putting 3 dex 2 str per level = FASTER KILLS (before it even gets to me). in reading the "guide" it appears to me that the writer just likes to use base attack with only one skill per kill, then kite mobs around a lot. This is slow. The "pure" build has lots of ground to make up if it wants its DEX to rival that of my fist BM who is only level 13 and already has higher accuracy and evasion than my archer does after doing 15 levels of the pure build.
  • Xiao_Qian_ - Sanctuary
    Xiao_Qian_ - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I am going from hybird to DD so i can have good amount of health and also i can act as a DAMAGE DEALER xD i am soooo going to be the one of the best archer muwahahahahaha xD *hopes so*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Its not Eion anymore its Unknown]
    Done by ForsenX
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    20 points to MAG for larger mana pool = more skills can be used and mana regenerates faster = PERPETUAL FLIGHT WITH BASIC WINGS = afk flying.

I TRIED the "PURE" build for the first 15 levels and ya know what??? Archers dont get out of DEX what my fist BM does - and I am fully comfortable statting THAT character pure Dex with only minimal contributions to STR (essentially 2str 3dex per level) Now that I've leveled off my MAG for perpetual flight, I'll be changing route and putting 3 dex 2 str per level = FASTER KILLS (before it even gets to me). in reading the "guide" it appears to me that the writer just likes to use base attack with only one skill per kill, then kite mobs around a lot. This is slow. The "pure" build has lots of ground to make up if it wants its DEX to rival that of my fist BM who is only level 13 and already has higher accuracy and evasion than my archer does after doing 15 levels of the pure build.

I'm not even a Pure Dex archer and I feel offended by this.
  • Diesel_powah - Dreamweaver
    Diesel_powah - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i was a hibrif 7dex 2 vit 1 str...but now i cant remember what i put last so ill go with pureb:victory
  • Viroment - Dreamweaver
    Viroment - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Pure Dex here, My armour gives +8 Vit +12 Str and +4 Dex, w/o any shards. b:victory
    Proud member of Exclusive :D
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm not even a Pure Dex archer and I feel offended by this.

which part?
  • Bellasiel_ - Dreamweaver
    Bellasiel_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I guess i would be considered pure. I'm lvl 37 and have VIT 8 Magic 5 STR 38 and DEX 149 and that's without any +s from armor. With the only thing that changes is STR 41 and DEX 162. Is this a good build or should i put more into just DEX for a while? Let me know opinions please.
    edited September 2009
    Options

You can buy a cape or a hat that gives +2 MP Recovery. This will allow you to fly without wasting 15 points into magic.
    I TRIED the "PURE" build for the first 15 levels and ya know what??? Archers dont get out of DEX what my fist BM does - and I am fully comfortable statting THAT character pure Dex with only minimal contributions to STR (essentially 2str 3dex per level)

Dexterity adds to ranged damage.
    Strength adds to melee damage.

I'm not sure how adding Dexterity to a Blademaster gives it more damage than adding Dexterity to an Archer.
    Now that I've leveled off my MAG for perpetual flight, I'll be changing route and putting 3 dex 2 str per level = FASTER KILLS (before it even gets to me).

How does adding 3 to dex per level allow you to deal more damage than adding 4 to dex per level?
    in reading the "guide" it appears to me that the writer just likes to use base attack with only one skill per kill, then kite mobs around a lot. This is slow.

No, the writer is high level and knows what (s)he is talking about. It is not about kiting. It is about killing things quickly, which usually means a minimal usage of skills.
    The "pure" build has lots of ground to make up if it wants its DEX to rival that of my fist BM who is only level 13 and already has higher accuracy and evasion than my archer does after doing 15 levels of the pure build.

*giggle*... *snicker*
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You can buy a cape or a hat that gives +2 MP Recovery. This will allow you to fly without wasting 15 points into magic.
    well... I've not come across one yet, and prefer not to BUY my gear - rather to craft it.
    Dexterity adds to ranged damage.
    Strength adds to melee damage.

How does adding 3 to dex per level allow you to deal more damage than adding 4 to dex per level?
    I see this now - thanks for pointing that out.
    I'm not sure how adding Dexterity to a Blademaster gives it more damage than adding Dexterity to an Archer.
    It doesn't - however it gives an insane evasion and accuracy rate. In a duel the other day with a level 19 Barb against my level 13 Fist BM - I had the barb (with his his increased HP buff) down to a quarter health. All you saw was "miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss hit" above my head, whilst I was constantly hitting him at a rate of 1.43 times per second - versus his ~.64 times per second - mostly misses.

No, the writer is high level and knows what (s)he is talking about. It is not about kiting. It is about killing things quickly, which usually means a minimal usage of skills.

*giggle*... *snicker*
    well.. its not too late to continue down the 4 dex 1 str per level route. I only have 15 into mag which means I'd only be down like 1% on crit rate. 4 to dex every level starting at the first level up and continuing to level 100 will yield 5 + 396 = 401 dex for a crit rate of 21%

401 - 15 = 386 dex for a crit rate of 20%
    not overly terrible IMO.

as for my comment in regards to dex not doing for an archer what it will do for a BM - refer to the accuracy and evasion stats in the images below:
    BMStats.jpg
    archerstats.jpg

(how to embed images here?)
    edited September 2009
    Options
    well... I've not come across one yet, and prefer not to BUY my gear - rather to craft it.

Good luck!

It doesn't - however it gives an insane evasion and accuracy rate. In a duel the other day with a level 19 Barb against my level 13 Fist BM - I had the barb (with his his increased HP buff) down to a quarter health. All you saw was "miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss hit" above my head, whilst I was constantly hitting him at a rate of 1.43 times per second - versus his ~.64 times per second - mostly misses.

Let me rephrase:

Why do the effects of adding Dexterity to your Blademaster have any relevancy whatsoever to your Archer build?

Why do the effects of adding Dexterity to your Blademaster have any relevancy whatsoever to your Archer's damage output?

Why do the effects of adding Dexterity to your Blademaster have any relevancy whatsoever to the difference between a Pure Dex Archer and your Archer with a build of 3 Dex / 2 Str per level?

Your original condescending, haughty claim was that Pure Dex is slower killing mobs because it deals less damage than 3 Dex / 2 Str per level. Please explain this.
  • Seraphe - Dreamweaver
    Seraphe - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

It isn't going to matter much until just a little bit later in levels... If I would have to guess the 30s? You should often see Dexterity gear at very cheap prices even 3* items. This is due to the Bounty Hunter daily causing more of these items to drop in the game world.

You could be extremely lucky & craft your Dex gear but you will more than likely spend a fortune... By all means craft your gear to raise your profession levels but it will be a wise investment to buy what you still need afterwards.
    as for my comment in regards to dex not doing for an archer what it will do for a BM - refer to the accuracy and evasion stats in the images below:
    BMStats.jpg
    archerstats.jpg

(how to embed images here?)

You're also forgetting that an Archer is a range class while a Blademaster is melee. We get enough evasion + evasion buff to deal with any range physical mobs we may come across and as for melee mobs... After 19 the need for kiting will be cut drastically.

As for Accuracy Archers will still rarely miss but even when they do again keep in mind the range we have more often than not makes up for any bad luck.
  • I_missU - Dreamweaver
    I_missU - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    maybe im hybrid, when im making archer i make plan 10 vit, str level+4, max dex.

from lv 2-6 (i guess kinda forget) 1 vit, 1 str, 3 dex.
    7-now 1 str 4 dex.

i have 10vit. 286 dex. 78 str. (without adding from gear, ornaments,tome or wpn)

with gear,etc i have 325 dex, 86 str, 29 vit b:cute

is that bad? b:surrender

but im happy anyway with my stat. i dont want to restat and i dont feel i need to. cuz i hate refining to +5 +6 or +7 and add immaculates perfect... i just refined my gear later only +3 and flawless no more than that b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    QQ
    I got demon quickshot at last b:victoryb:thanks
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Good luck!

Let me rephrase:

Why do the effects of adding Dexterity to your Blademaster have any relevancy whatsoever to your Archer build?

Why do the effects of adding Dexterity to your Blademaster have any relevancy whatsoever to your Archer's damage output?

Why do the effects of adding Dexterity to your Blademaster have any relevancy whatsoever to the difference between a Pure Dex Archer and your Archer with a build of 3 Dex / 2 Str per level?
    are you dense? or just being an "elitist" prick?
    Any person with common sense could tell that I was comparing the stats from dex between the two characters and THAT has everything to do with statting dex to my archer - because its not getting the accuracy numbers I'm used to on my BM..
    Your original condescending, haughty claim was that Pure Dex is slower killing mobs because it deals less damage than 3 Dex / 2 Str per level. Please explain this.
    PERHAPS... just PERHAPS it may have something to do with the fact that I was as of yet unaware of the fact that adding dex will INFACT affect my ranged attack's strength. Had you paid close enough attention to my previous post - you should have noticed the fact that I actually THANKED you for mentioning that fact to me - so that I would not have messed up the character by statting into STR where it would have no effect on my ranged attacks. NOW.. is it so hard to believe that it is possible to have a side conversation within the thread?

at any rate.. if you are "offended" by a post - GROW UP.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    are you dense? or just being an "elitist" prick?
    Any person with common sense could tell that I was comparing the stats from dex between the two characters and THAT has everything to do with statting dex to my archer - because its not getting the accuracy numbers I'm used to on my BM..

PERHAPS... just PERHAPS it may have something to do with the fact that I was as of yet unaware of the fact that adding dex will INFACT affect my ranged attack's strength. Had you paid close enough attention to my previous post - you should have noticed the fact that I actually THANKED you for mentioning that fact to me - so that I would not have messed up the character by statting into STR where it would have no effect on my ranged attacks. NOW.. is it so hard to believe that it is possible to have a side conversation within the thread?

at any rate.. if you are "offended" by a post - GROW UP.

1. Relax.

2. I am going to assume this is your first archer.

3. Listen to what higher leveled archers have to say and don't employ harsh tones in your posts. If you are unclear of something, ask politely. You barging in and claiming "so and so" is rude and hugely disrespectful.

4. If the archer community possessed a bigger biased towards people claiming they know the class at your levels, then there would be no more "high" levels to post. Why? They get driven out by the likes of you when they are providing their knowledge through experience.

5. Grow a few "ten" more levels before actually posting that, seriously.
  • I_missU - Dreamweaver
    I_missU - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    umm.. excuse me... eronkillstar u should lv up more then u know what best for archer. seriously. and dont compare BM with Archer. they are different b:surrender

or u can make new guide for ur stat b:chuckle i believe it can beat annor's guide b:cold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    QQ
    I got demon quickshot at last b:victoryb:thanks
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1. Relax.

2. I am going to assume this is your first archer.

3. Listen to what higher leveled archers have to say and don't employ harsh tones in your posts. If you are unclear of something, ask politely. You barging in and claiming "so and so" is rude and hugely disrespectful.

4. If the archer community possessed a bigger biased towards people claiming they know the class at your levels, then there would be no more "high" levels to post. Why? They get driven out by the likes of you when they are providing their knowledge through experience.

5. Grow a few "ten" more levels before actually posting that, seriously.
    1. I am (now)
    2. it is
    3 - 5. you will have to forgive my tone, however it was directed at no one in particular - thus I find it quite odd that anyone could become offended with it. but that is neither here nor there. my frustration is rooted in going according to the pure build that everyone seems to find to be the best, yet for me I found to be bad. Perhaps one should mention that in the early stages, pre knock-back arrow, that the pure build will still need to use their other skills. I found it quite odd that the guide suggests to halt on certain skills that I found to be most beneficial to my liveliness to have leveled up, as they give a higher damage output than a simple attack. sure now that I have knock-back arrow and a few different elementals, I can kill easier without macros of back to back skills... but pre knockback it took a full macro of up to date skills + a bit of kiting here and there to get the kills done. Hence why I said that using more skills equals a faster kill that relying on base attacks, thereby the increased mana pool did help me. As for the adding in extra str - it was a consideration I was making until you cleared that up for me. A potential mistake out of ignorance.

so hopefully now you understand where I am coming from and why my post may have sounded a bit "harsh" (although was not ever my intent).
    umm.. excuse me... eronkillstar u should lv up more then u know what best for archer. seriously. and dont compare BM with Archer. they are different

or u can make new guide for ur stat b:chuckle i believe it can beat annor's guide b:cold
    perhaps b:laugh

lets all try to get along b:surrender and not rip each others heads off. my apologies
  • ketsura
    ketsura Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    My build is pure pwnage with an added bug.
    Touch me i'll keel you.
    Not really.
    That's what she said.
  • Nicoal - Dreamweaver
    Nicoal - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Annor! i am proud to say i used your guide as a basis when i started up and it helped me SO much, thank you very much for the wonderful help! I know there are many others with me on that =)

Anyways, i am a pure 100% dex build. I have minimum str to wear the armor i have, not for my level, and i have my dex completely maxed out. vit and mag are at 3, dex is at 406 atm. level 89 =) just went demon, i have take aim and blazing arrow and i can't wait to get quickshot!
  • Cavalieri - Sanctuary
    Cavalieri - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It s weird that barbs and bms get more acc and evasion per added DEX point (bowbarb ftw xD)... but besides that it s complete bullsh*t to compare your lvl 14 BM to your lvl 20 archer and then say archers suck.

Besides that, pure dex here. Restatted my mag and vit to 3 yesterday and got myself 2 heavenly lord rings.

Oh and btw, Eron, i AM offended, being pure dex.
    If you've been bad, Lord I bet you have
    And you've not been hit by flying lead
    You'd better close your eyes and bow your head
    And wait for the ricochet.
  • deli
    deli Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Almost pure but added 1 point in magb:laugh
    Im the biggest noobb:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • AngelicArrow - Harshlands
    AngelicArrow - Harshlands Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    QQ when i started i didnt know what i was doing and now have 15 vit... 3 gold wasted T.T
  • LiQuidSiLveR - Sanctuary
    LiQuidSiLveR - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Pure FTW b:laugh
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Lots of mag with dex and str enough for LA!!! Oh wait I'm a wiz.

I just had to see the poll results :P b:laugh .
  • chengzi
    chengzi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i add 3 dex and 2 str every lvl...so im a melee?
  • Zhadou - Heavens Tear
    Zhadou - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Pure build here.
    restatted to 3 vit 3 magic
    i got Gold TT80 LA because its just as good as TT90 if you ask me
    The biggest reason i did this was to maximize damage. now i dont have to worry about the extra str needed for the TT90 armor and i've just been pumping 5 dex every level.

I don't really have a problem with HP either
    i have 5k+ non buffed atm and its not like i need it anyway, since i kill most everything before it gets near me.
  • AricLecious - Dreamweaver
    AricLecious - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think I'm a pure o.o. I have 5 everything but strength and dexterity. My strength goes as high has the requirement for a Protection Helmet my level goes. Everything else gets dumped into dex.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think I'm a pure o.o. I have 5 everything but strength and dexterity. My strength goes as high has the requirement for a Protection Helmet my level goes. Everything else gets dumped into dex.

That's definitely not pure. Helmets your level need a LOT more strength than Light Armor your level does. Helmets are level x 1.5 + 4 Str, LA is only level + 4 str.
This discussion has been closed.