Think venomancers are overpowered? Please read.

Options

Comments

• chipsing1234
    chipsing1234 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Careless has nothing to do with a mob will not stay with the pet with a fighting veno the mob will attack the veno and the veno takes all the hits. And revive is there when someting does too much damage to your pet that a veno can't keep up with. It has nothing to do with carelessness. If a monster is taking away half your pets hp and you only heal 1/3 of it the monster will win. Those are facts.

I don't know why you would be fighting a mob that took half your pet's hp. Mind explaining? And, your pet has aggro skills.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Simple. With your pet heal, keep it healed till the mob is dead. Then unsummon/resummon it. I don't see a problem.
    Debuff phys def = 0 pet takes massive damage each hit, more than the veno is able to heal.. meaning pet dies shortly after. And shortly after that the Veno dies. You don't see a problem. Of course not, it doesn't fit within your narrow minded Nerf the Veno's ideaology.

~S
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    uhmmmmmmmmmm ok :)
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Okay, you're using Eyes as an example, lol. Eyes of the Krimson Beyond. Jewel v2. The boss even 8x barbs don't like tanking.
    I was talking about normal mobs. Debuffs such as poison or lower attack are nullified by veno heal. Only bosses have def down, and even talking about soloing them already implies an imbalance.
    No they are not. Again you show how little you actually KNOW about the class.

Just shut up, your showing yourself to be far more of an idiot than I originally thought.

~S
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Actually venomancers is the class with the most advantages BY FAR compared to other classes. I really have no clue what dev was thinking when they made 1 class so much better. With nix + herc its the best class in both pvp and pve. And any veno can make enough money to get battle pets since the class is 100% profit.

Venos make alot of money killing stuff(many classes almost loose money grinding due to repairs and pots). Most venos that claim they poor have like 2000 stacks of DQ in bank...they dont know the meaning of poor.
    I got my hercules ONLY using money i saved from grinding btw. That would be impossible for any other class.

A veno with a phoenix is pretty much impossible to kill 1v1. They can even solo barbs 90+. Venos that pvp is also not squishy like a lot of nubs tend to think after they like pked a full int lvling build veno.
    A light veno 90+ have more hp than archers since they can spend points into vitality. They have bramble hood (75% dmg reduction) and foxform with 120-200% extra phy def depending on lvl and if sage/demon. They also get more hp per vita than clerics and wiz.

Only classes that actually can hurt a 90+ veno with nix is heavy armour users with hp - barbs or BM (if they have GX). Archers, clerics and wiz cant even get into dmg range since the phoenix has more range...they get stun + bleed+ dead before they even can get 1 shoot of.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Question:

Has anyone seen a Veno or her pet being killed by regular mobs?

I have seen every a veno friend killed twice , one time with a boss and another with elite mob on FB39 (missing healer). I have never seen such a thing with regular mobs. However, I have seen every class getting killed.
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Debuff phys def = 0 pet takes massive damage each hit, more than the veno is able to heal.. meaning pet dies shortly after. And shortly after that the Veno dies. You don't see a problem. Of course not, it doesn't fit within your narrow minded Nerf the Veno's ideaology.

~S

Tell me which normal, or even elite mob, does def down.
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I hope you have an alt you've actually leveled higher, because I myself have a veno up to lvl 20. I've never had to buy pots, all I did was press "f2", or ironwood scarab, my pet would bleed and take aggro, and my spell itself would take off around 1/4 to 1/3 of the mobs hp. I didnt even bother getting updated armor since I was getting hit so few times.
    Your weapon and armor repairs are pathetic compared to melees.
    I guess I was simply a ..hmm, "better veno" isn't a good phrase, but life seemed like cheese to me on my veno.

******SARCASM ALERT******SARCASM ALERT*******
    OMG!!! A level 20 Veno! I here I thought this whole time that you were just talking out your ****. But having a LEVEL 20 veno prove you know something.

I have a level 20 barb. I have never bought any pots for him. I only used what I found. and I am still using the free armors I got at lvl 3. So I sappose this mean I am a better barb then every other barb out there!

*****THIS HAS BEEN ANOTHER TEST OF THE EMERGENCY SARCASM ALERT SYSTEM*****

Really you just again proved your own ignorance. Please stop before you make a total **** of yourself.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I hope you have an alt you've actually leveled higher, because I myself have a veno up to lvl 20. I've never had to buy pots, all I did was press "f2", or ironwood scarab, my pet would bleed and take aggro, and my spell itself would take off around 1/4 to 1/3 of the mobs hp. I didnt even bother getting updated armor since I was getting hit so few times.
    Your weapon and armor repairs are pathetic compared to melees.
    I guess I was simply a ..hmm, "better veno" isn't a good phrase, but life seemed like cheese to me on my veno.
    You played a veno to level 20. LEVEL TWENTY. You have no clue what your talking about then. THAT ALONE refutes every single argument you have ever tried to muster. You have never played the class to a high enough level to have any understanding at all of what your talking about. When your 70x then you can start talking. until then. you have no basis except a low level veno you ran to make a comparison with.

Nuff said, you also won't comment at all on the level rankings (not the pvp rankings). Tell me why so many clerics and archers are higher level than Venos on ALL the servers? Hmmm? We are so easy to run and make so much mad money, then why are we not the TOP CLASS on all the servers?

Arguemnt/discussion is over. You got **** burned by some veno and your mad. Nuff said.

~Saitada
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Options
    dieseasily wrote: »
    ******SARCASM ALERT******SARCASM ALERT*******
    OMG!!! A level 20 Veno! I here I thought this whole time that you were just talking out your ****. But having a LEVEL 20 veno prove you know something.

I have a level 20 barb. I have never bought any pots for him. I only used what I found. and I am still using the free armors I got at lvl 3. So I sappose this mean I am a better barb then every other barb out there!

*****THIS HAS BEEN ANOTHER TEST OF THE EMERGENCY SARCASM ALERT SYSTEM*****

Really you just again proved your own ignorance. Please stop before you make a total **** of yourself.

Note that I never said the veno was my main. Also, the person I was responding to was shown as a lvl 20 veno. Therefore when she asked if I knew anything, it was to prove that I had a veno the same level as her.
    Why do people always add insults at the end? Honestly, it doesn't accomplish anything.
  • Powermind - Lost City
    Powermind - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Actually venomancers is the class with the most advantages BY FAR compared to other classes. I really have no clue what dev was thinking when they made 1 class so much better. With nix + herc its the best class in both pvp and pve. And any veno can make enough money to get battle pets since the class is 100% profit.

Venos make alot of money killing stuff(many classes almost loose money grinding due to repairs and pots). Most venos that claim they poor have like 2000 stacks of DQ in bank...they dont know the meaning of poor.
    I got my hercules ONLY using money i saved from grinding btw. That would be impossible for any other class.

A veno with a phoenix is pretty much impossible to kill 1v1. They can even solo barbs 90+. Venos that pvp is also not squishy like a lot of nubs tend to think after they like pked a full int lvling build veno.
    A light veno 90+ have more hp than archers since they can spend points into vitality. They have bramble hood (75% dmg reduction) and foxform with 120-200% extra phy def depending on lvl and if sage/demon. They also get more hp per vita than clerics and wiz.

Only classes that actually can hurt a 90+ veno with nix is heavy armour users with hp - barbs or BM (if they have GX). Archers, clerics and wiz cant even get into dmg range since the phoenix has more range...they get stun + bleed+ dead before they even can get 1 shoot of.

Point prooved b:victory by a Veno
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Question:

Has anyone seen a Veno or her pet being killed by regular mobs?

I have seen every a veno friend killed twice , one time with a boss and another with elite mob on FB39 (missing healer). I have never seen such a thing with regular mobs. However, I have seen every class getting killed.
    I don't die as often as I used too against regular mobs, but then, I also pick and choose what i'm hunting with more care and where I can, pull single mobs out to prevent death. I admit that IS an advantage we have over others, we CAN pull single mobs out of a group.. but it takes time. we have to send in the pet, wait till it HITS the mob. despawn the pet. Respawn the pet, and hope pet attacks before the mob starts hitting us. Takes time and practice and if you **** it up. you get hit, and in some cases die.

~S
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Point prooved b:victory by a Veno
    actually not. If we are so godly in PVE and PVP why are we not THE number one class on ALL the servers. Nuff said.

~S
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Question:

Has anyone seen a Veno or her pet being killed with regular mobs?

I see dead venos all the time from regular mobs. Me... As well as other venos. You get a mob that kites, and suddenly you've got a ton of mobs on you. You cast heal pet, all the mobs go "What was that???" attack you, and you are a dead veno. Or worse, something decides to spawn on you... You see a body in your entire camera, and then you get that "You have died" message we all love to see.

Also, to the poster who keeps claiming that your pet always holds aggro. Like most venos, I have a golem. A golem whose skills I keep as high as I can get them. Now, my build is a Vit Heavy LA build. I'm 48 points behind the guide on the magic stat. Which means, I'm a very, very gimpy caster. However, I even so much as get one crit, or use anything more powerful than venomous scarab (God forbid I use my powerful Frost Scarab), and the mob immediately ignores my pet and comes after me. It's the same principle as if an archer or wizard is shooting spells past a tank. Aggro is not a permanent thing. I just fought Khewy with a group of 3 barbs, a BM, and a cleric. Guess what? Every single one of us got aggro. Somehow, we managed to pull aggro off of even the highest barb. Things go wrong. Just because we have a built in tank doesn't mean the thing works right. If a mob catches us while our pet's skills are cooling down, it's almost as if the pet isn't doing anything at all, and the mob will ignore the pet until I stop casting and let it get whacked with a few skills.

Yes, venos are powerful. Yes, if you do things properly, you can solo entire FB's at their level, minus the bosses. Does that mean that we're overpowered, I'm not sure. All I know is that it take a lot of work and concetration to make sure that everything goes properly. It's not a walk in the park. When I feel like sitting back and relaxing, I play other classes, where the only set of data I have to keep an eye on is my own. I love playing my cleric alone without anyone to keep healed. It's frustrating at times not having anything to tank for me, and I burn through MP, but it's very liberating, not being tethered to something simply to keep alive.

You think other classes are overpowered? Try them. Stick with them for a few months. Don't bring along your high level friends, stick with people around your level. See the truth behind each class. If you still feel it's overpowered, at least now you have an objective opinion, and not one that has been formed without firsthand experience. My main may be a veno, but I tried out the other classes first. I chose the veno as my own personal challenge and enjoyment. You may choose a veno, or any other class. Point is this: We all have our ME class. That one class that at the end of the day, we can claim as our own. We know its strengths and weaknesses, what it can and can't do. It will always feel like home. But I ask you this. What's wrong with visiting the homes of others? You may find you like it there.
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm just going to make my own list and see how biased it will end up.

Pros:
    -Can solo mobs several levels higher than them easily.
    -Can solo bosses that other classes can't
    -Can solo TT much easier than others
    -Phoenixes+Flesh Ream=Epic Win in PvP
    -pets take damage for them, while venos heal
    -one of the best classes at leveling
    -Can make more money than others
    -don't get hit often
    -don't need too many pots
    -Bramble hood makes them untouchable for 15 seconds
    -have their own personal zoo

Cons:
    -everyone else hates them
    -bramble hood is easy to prevent
    -Phoenixes and Hercs cost a lot
    -not needed or welcome in zhen parties
    -lack of AoE attacks
    -very few buffs (but they don't really need them, so it's not much of a con)
    -bad against multiple agros
    -dead pet=dead veno
    -Very squishy
    -skills are fairly expensive
    -Pets are suspectible to debuffs
    -everyone else hates them (did I mention this already?)

I think this is a pretty fair list. Don't flame me plz.b:surrender
    My veno's only in the 3x right now, so I'm really just basing most of this stuff from other people's arguments.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thats so funny I have to laugh. If I had not spent $1200.00 on Zhen my Veno would not be anywhere near as nicely outfitted with pets and gear as she is, in fact, she'd just simply suck lol.
    I don't have stacks of DQ in my bank. Not even close. What I do have is a small army of picked up shards from loot etc clogging my bank up. Lets see, my levl 27 BM has 600k+ in coin she made herself. Above and beyond her repairs, and manufacturing her armor, skills etc. My 27 BM is richer coin wise than my Veno and has top gear for her level. AGAIN, from what she has done for herself, I have given her NOTHING to help her along.
    I have a Nix. Barbs and blades regualrly take me out, some even lower level than me. Stuns and that bloody barbs massive nasty attack do wonders. Been more than one occasion where I never even got a hit off at all. Nor did my pet. So.. Argument... refuted.

A PvP build veno. I went LA for a bit.. still died although instead of one shotting me, they would 2 shot me, and usually while I was still stunned and couldn't do squat.

Don't know about the HP part. Seems like a line of BS to me. same geared characters would/should recieve the same amount of HP per vit point increase.
    I'd say there are fewer HA/LA veno's than there are HA/LA other classes individually. Archers can get into damage range easily. Nix has to fly to the archer before it can hurt them, and a smart archer in PVP comes from above where "most" people forget to look. Thats why so much PvP happens in SP. People don't want to look up lol.

~S
  • bobzilla21
    edited February 2009
    Options
    anyone notice how our posts are getting really long?
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Reminder that you can't use a personal experience to refute an argument. It has to be common enough that you can say any veno could/could not do whatever you're claiming.
    Just as a side note, at lvl 27 my bm was fairly poor. Thus experience varies, and that can't be used as evidence.
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    what I always read as a veno trying to show that they are not OP is that mobs attack them thats it will try playing a mage mobs attack us all the time..

when ever you try to say anything about venos being OP all you hear is them say *every 10 mobs or so a mob attack us omg we are gimped its not fair*

will not like I care anymore but whats the point of this argument anyway huh?

there will be nothing done....all this argument is nothing but hot air(or hot keyboard buttons) anyways good luck everyone venos are OP and they know it thats why about 40%+ of the game players are composed of venos..
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Reminder that you can't use a personal experience to refute an argument. It has to be common enough that you can say any veno could/could not do whatever you're claiming.
    Just as a side note, at lvl 27 my bm was fairly poor. Thus experience varies, and that can't be used as evidence.
    Pot meet kettle. You ran a lvl 20 veno and have no higher experience with the class to base what your saying from. And I'd say it is common enough to be valid. Most veno's I know really are NOT rich, unless they spend hours and hours and hours grinding out DQ and Matts and selling them. You can't even really get rich doing TT runs because solo mode TT drops SUCK. I ran 10 runs solo and got 3 green drops. 10 runs that took me an hour each. 10 hours to make 450k off Chintien edges and broken drums. wow i'm rich I made less doing that than had I went out and ground DQ (which grinding I can make 100k an hour just off NPCing the DQ and drops).

~S
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Note that I never said the veno was my main. Also, the person I was responding to was shown as a lvl 20 veno. Therefore when she asked if I knew anything, it was to prove that I had a veno the same level as her.
    Why do people always add insults at the end? Honestly, it doesn't accomplish anything.

It did accomplish something. It got you to reply to another thread that had 0 facts in it. At what time will you address the fact that if Venos are so overpowered, why aren't they the top class in ANY server? Why aren't you instead complaining about ZHEN parties being just as unfair? As pointed out a minute ago, venos are not needed nor wanted there.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    what I always read as a veno trying to show that they are not OP is that mobs attack them thats it will try playing a mage mobs attack us all the time..

when ever you try to say anything about venos being OP all you hear is them say *every 10 mobs or so a mob attack us omg we are gimped its not fair*

will not like I care anymore but whats the point of this argument anyway huh?

there will be nothing done....all this argument is nothing but hot air(or hot keyboard buttons) anyways good luck everyone venos are OP and they know it thats why about 40%+ of the game players are composed of venos..
    and less than 10% of the top group in PVE and PVP are venos. Such an overpowered class you would think that number would be SOOOO much higher.

~Saitada

*edit* Anyway, I am off to go watch the Whales. Facts refute the entire arguments used to claim Veno's being over powered. What are those facts ---> The server top level and server top PvP rankings. Veno's would be THE TOP RANKED CLASS across the board, if we were so easy to run, and level and fight with in PvP as so many try to claim.
    ~S
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Options
    dieseasily wrote: »
    It did accomplish something. It got you to reply to another thread that had 0 facts in it. At what time will you address the fact that if Venos are so overpowered, why aren't they the top class in ANY server? Why aren't you instead complaining about ZHEN parties being just as unfair? As pointed out a minute ago, venos are not needed nor wanted there.

What do you mean by "top class"? Are you referring to PvP rankings again? We already covered that. If you look at Sanctuary rankings, DeityofRain has surpassed even the Misti twins now.
    I thought venos were great soloers? Why are you pointing out Zhen?
  • bobzilla21
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Could some people tell me if my list is any good? I'd like to know if it's accurate or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Options
    and less than 10% of the top group in PVE and PVP are venos. Such an overpowered class you would think that number would be SOOOO much higher.

~S

As I mentioned a while back, people play different classes because they have different styles. Just because a class is powerful doesn't mean everyone wants to play it. Some people like being archers, others wielding blades and slashing things.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    As I mentioned a while back, people play different classes because they have different styles. Just because a class is powerful doesn't mean everyone wants to play it. Some people like being archers, others wielding blades and slashing things.

You're talking the human race here. Aren't we kinda famous for taking the most useful or powerful thing and running with it?
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    a-hole :D b:victory
    True. b:laugh

~S
  • bobzilla21
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Are you guys on here like 24/7?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Your arguments continue to refute themselves.

~S
  • chipsing1234
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Your arguments continue to refute themselves.

~S

Not really. You seemed to be saying that more people should be a veno if they're so powerful. I'm saying there are other reasons for picking other classes.
This discussion has been closed.