Options

Comments

• Diogeneskyon - Lost City
    Diogeneskyon - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    1. 6 months overdue

That's completely irrelevant to the discussion
    2. the current servers WERE EST for a long time, they changed to PST and screwed a lot of people over

That, however, is a fair point.
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    athenian wrote: »
    Now, lets see another thing...
    For the new_pvp_server_PKer_wannabes... : PK with chivalry... PK with honor... We all love PK/PVP (that's why we'll be in the pvp server and not the pve - isn't it ?) but lets do it for a good reason... avoid PKing lowbies, 30-40 lvls lower just for fun or to give them a hard time to lvl...

Or else... sooner or later, a 3rd pvp server might come in the game, and then you'll see again the up_to_4x ppl fly away and you stay in the middle of a semi_emptied realm, with your RL pockets empty, hearing the clang of the 9xs or 10xs running over you as the last cavalry attack... lol

I'm sure that if an attitude with reason had occured, the number losses from LC would be much more fewer and so much affordable... Now, sorry it is too late... see you in the new one...

You can hope for this but in the end it will just be the same as LC, just some diff or some of the same people doing it. The good thing for people is that if they are there from day 1 there may not be many higher levels to do it to you. I highly doubt the reason for opening the new servers was because lvl 30's got griefed
    b:bye
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    b:shocked people from PVE servers moving to Harshland as well?
    b:dirty Good Luck surviving in PVP XD XD XD
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

You make it sound like players that currently are on PvE servers have never played on a PvP server before, or ever leveled to the level cap on a PvP server in any game.

But, it's your mistake to under-estimate them should you choose to do so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evenixus - Heavens Tear
    Evenixus - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

I'll keep my eye out especially got you b:pleased ill show you what a PvE Player can do in a PvP Server b:dirty.
  • Xxwarxx - Lost City
    Xxwarxx - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'll keep my eye out especially got you b:pleased ill show you what a PvE Player can do in a PvP Server b:dirty.

I hope your good, I may only be 66 but ive beaten peeps higher than me, it would be nice for some good competition.
    Forsakenx gunna make mine so be patient =)b:kiss
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited February 2009
    Options

Want me to show you what a PvP player can do on a PvP Server?b:chuckle
  • athenian
    athenian Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You must be kidding, asking bored PKers to not gank lowbies on a PvP server.

Well. yeah I know, some things never change... Besides PK is the reason to play in this server
    You can hope for this but in the end it will just be the same as LC, just some diff or some of the same people doing it. The good thing for people is that if they are there from day 1 there may not be many higher levels to do it to you. I highly doubt the reason for opening the new servers was because lvl 30's got griefed

That's true too...
    Of course some day the new one will be like the old one server - that's not bad ofcourse, LC is always a great server... I have pked and been pked hundreds of times, in this or other games, I never complained or even asked a pker "why", I just never found any satisfaction pking an unknown lowbie while he was lvling his char or doing his quest...
    And yes, there are lots lowbies that deserve to be KOS... lol... that's why I talk about "a reason"
  • potatoeyes
    potatoeyes Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    so...

why is there no level penalty for pking in this game, would solve a lot of problems and 8xs+ wont feel obligated to go rice off 3xs who in turn cant level

there really is no incentive to start on a pvp server late
  • athenian
    edited February 2009
    Options
    potatoeyes wrote: »
    so...

why is there no level penalty for pking in this game, would solve a lot of problems and 8xs+ wont feel obligated to go rice off 3xs who in turn cant level

there really is no incentive to start on a pvp server late

My opinion is that a lvl gap or a lvl penalty to pk much lower players adds a sense of "restriction" in the game and this is never good... Unlimited pk, can have 2 results - depending on the players - it can force ppl to abandon a pvp server and try a more conventional server, or, push ppl to try harder and lvl faster so they can have their revenge... lol... Anyway, the players that will enter the server asap after its opening, those who play 24/7 and those who prefer to spend some money, will shine very soon... And yes, the guys will the smaller @!$& and those who pirated their mom's purse will become apparent about the same time... LOL
  • potatoeyes
    potatoeyes Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    athenian wrote: »
    My opinion is that a lvl gap or a lvl penalty to pk much lower players adds a sense of "restriction" in the game and this is never good... Unlimited pk, can have 2 results - depending on the players - it can force ppl to abandon a pvp server and try a more conventional server, or, push ppl to try harder and lvl faster so they can have their revenge... lol... Anyway, the players that will enter the server asap after its opening, those who play 24/7 and those who prefer to spend some money, will shine very soon... And yes, the guys will the smaller @!$& and those who pirated their mom's purse will become apparent about the same time... LOL

if you knew the majority of the players pwi has cant spend their way and or put a **** amount of hours in to grind their way through unwarranted high lvl abuse youd see my point.

has nothing to do with being a care bear either, go play 2moons or cabal and youll see what im saying, its a perfect system because you have a legit chance to level and any pk would be from people in a REASONABLE range. thats how real competiton starts because theres incentive for people to get within the level range to pk specific people they want to, it shouldnt be they have to level through abuse to even be close to hurting whoever they want. this is why lost city doesnt get new players (before new server announcement, as thats another reason)

under a pk penalty system if you want to start **** you have the freedom and luxury to too, 'resctrictions' is just a poor excuse for people who have no day job and want to camp lvl 30 zones because without those mobscenes of lowbs theyll get lonely, not 1 shotting people might deflate their e-boner.. i mean really who wants to fight people on your own level. irony because i'd call that being a ***** which is practically the same thing as a 'care bear'

id rather have my pvp server still attract ppl when its 2-3 months deep than cater to some no lifers
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    Cooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Patiently Waiting b:pleased
  • Boza_cutter - Lost City
    Boza_cutter - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    There has to be a restriction or a penalty, in some reasonoble range(my guess is 10-15 levels +/-). This will stop imbeciles, to keep on prooving their, so called, might on low levels. It will protect a new player, and yet still give him some motivation to push harder(since 10 lvl higher player can pwn him even if blinded, generaly speeking), and not aggrivated for being bullied by some high level noob that can't PK people of his level. 10 levels is almost no diference at all, when we speek of leveling, it will most likely push you to gain levels fast, so you can take your vendeta.

Exception should be TW, Cube, Duels and such ofcourse.

All that disagree with this are lowbie bullying noobs that can't even kill mobs of their level, and not to talk about other players.

End of story. b:bye
  • skittles02
    skittles02 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Is there currently a way to move things over from one server (old server) to another (new server). Such as items, coins, mounts, cloths, gold, etc?
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Why would you think that that would be fair? Imagine, farming items, coins and gold on PvE server w/o any fear you'll ever get PKed, and then you decide to switch to PvP server with all you gained, to server where people(after lvl30) constantly wory about not just leveling but keeping their items safe from PKers.

In my opinion transfering characters, items and gold form 1 server to another is the same as next situation:

You play some game for a year, you get to high levels there and get bored. Then you suddenly ask someone to give you option to create a high level charr with equivalent amount of gold you had in another game. Does this make any snse to you?

Bottom line: IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. Its been asked 100000 times before, search the forums.

PS. For those who say its posable in WoW: Yeah but it costed about US$400 to switch the server, back when I was playing, and could of been done only once. Are you ready to pay $400 to change server?
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    Cooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    skittles02 wrote: »
    Is there currently a way to move things over from one server (old server) to another (new server). Such as items, coins, mounts, cloths, gold, etc?

NO.
    &&& you would know this if you read the previous pages.
    that is what most this thread is about. Transferring.
    big NO (:
  • p3nnstate
    p3nnstate Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    umm, higher lvs killing lower lvs wrong? Man get off the server, its a game. You get killed by a 90+ and your a lv 30? To bad, leave LC then.

You were given a choice...you picked one...live with it.

Can we transfer...jesus christ people are lazy, read atleast more then ONE post.

Just here for my daily plea for the new server to start which I know wont till next week, but a guy can dream right?

Sidenote on people no lifing on new server to "dominate." Dont get so worked up, there will always be another "no lifer" to balance that person out. So you might get dominated but not everyone will. O and trust me, you DO NOT need to spend money to get your lv up. Zhenning whatever....just play extra and you can catch up...people waste time setting a zhen party up...you just go to your grind spot and make in-game cash which can get you training scrolls for a smaller difference in exp from normal fighting to zhenning. (I could be wrong, but I highly doubt zhenning will get you to much more xp being split between a party.)
    Let me heat you up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yeap its wrong. It drives people of from the PvP servers. I personaly don't mind, but I'm a very very hard headed man, and I got used to playing in open PvP servers in all games I've played, since for me there is no fun in only PvEing. But whole bunch(and that would be a vast majority) of people get disscouraged by being bullied by much higher level noobs, so they leave. And honestly half-empty servers are no fun and go out of very essence of MMORPG. That is what happens when there is no level cap for open PK.

And yes I am annoyed when I see lvl9x idiot, trying to proove something by PKing lvl30 lowbies, its allowd in PWI, but it does not make it moral, nor right. Even if an imbecile is from my guild, I'll leave a guild and PK his **** until he gets sick, I've done it before, I'll do that again, as long as I play MMOs.
  • athenian
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I would rather prefer shivalry and honor instead of restrictions, but since the former two are non-existent amongst the half of the pkers, I would admit to exist a lvl pk gap...
    But, I want to be fair... As much annoying is to have the 9xers killing for no reason the 3xers, so annoying is to have the out_of_your_range guys, spawn in the place you are and pk your lower lvl companions while you can't help at all...
    That's why I said to my older post that should be there software triggers if someone attack a member of your guild/group etc...

But then again, this way we make things very complicated... It's a game after all...
  • josefinemutzenbacher
    josefinemutzenbacher Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I have decided not to move to another server... I'm lvl77 on LC, so I'm not very high, but I don't feel like spending more $$$ and having to grind all the way again. And if I think about it... it took me like 4 months to get where I am now (I can't really play much), but I bet on the new server the situation will be like this:

- after 1 week there will be people about lvl50 and they will start taking territorries
    - after 2 weeks there will be people about lvl70 and half a map will be taken
    - after a month there will be people 90+ and most map will be taken

(I checked and it is possible to get to lvl30 easily under 24 hours, about lvl50 it takes 3-4 hours of solo grind to lvl).
    and situation will be pretty much the same as it is now on LC, only in smaller numbers (less player of a certain lvl). Plus those with a lot of real life money will get ahead even faster.

Instead of going there and getting to maybe lvl 50 after a month (lvling at my speed, which is not very fast, as I don't have much time lately) I would rather get my main character here to lvl80+ and just keep having fun. I really hope I will not be the only one playing on LC, lol :P.

The only thing that I hope will change on LC will be the smaller number of new people starting there, for some time. After some time it will even between the LC and Harshlands. Only thing I am really afraid of is GMs paying even less attention to whats going on LC :]
  • Valkyun - Heavens Tear
    Valkyun - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    p3nnstate wrote: »
    Can we transfer...jesus christ people are lazy, read atleast more then ONE post.

Don't call people lazy just because they don't read the whole of the thread before posting. I've been trying to keep up with this thread every day but it's become so discombobulated with random talk that doesn't even relate to the topic that it becomes very frustrating to read.
  • athenian
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I have decided not to move to another server...

This is a wise decision at your lvl... Besides, who knows, maybe the opening of the new server will help LC "clean" itself a bit... Not sure that the new server in 2-3 months will be better than LC... maybe the opposite...
  • Valkyun - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Quick Question. I know any kind of char transfer is out of the question and i agree with that but what about MOUNTS? Could it be possible to transfer your mount to new server? I don't think mounts would give you any advantage over people other than running faster and also I think you wouldn't be able to use it until lvl 20 which is the same time other people can start using them.

I see his point. The hell hounds will probably no longer be on sale by the time the new server comes up. So what are people supposed to do about that. It makes perfect sense for cash shop items to be transferrable. After all you did pay actual money for them.
    Honestly, despite that an answer to a question has been said before, the people on this forum should have a little more patience with each other. We're all playing the same game after all. And considering how disorderly and off topic these threads tend to become it makes sense for people to miss something.
  • Jacim - Heavens Tear
    Jacim - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hey guys!! Not too many people know me outside of Heaven's Tear but I'm Jacim b:laugh

Anyways I am switching to Harshlands because I want to play a PvP server, and I want to start a top faction!

I'll be creating a barb named Thor (wewt!) and will be leveling like crazy. Any experienced people are welcome to sign up now, but I warn you: level requirements will be a bit tough as I want a strong faction. Anyway if you feel like signing up now you can PM me on Heaven's Tear on my character Jacim or post in a thread I will be making after this post. b:victory
    Late-start + Late-bloomer on HT server
    Switching to PvP for fun and the chance to be top50b:victory
    Harshlands class & IGN: Barbarian / Thor
    Please don't take my name? If so I will be forced to gank you for the rest of your time on the server b:laugh
  • Evenixus - Heavens Tear
    Evenixus - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I have decided not to move to another server... I'm lvl77 on LC, so I'm not very high, but I don't feel like spending more $$$ and having to grind all the way again. And if I think about it... it took me like 4 months to get where I am now (I can't really play much), but I bet on the new server the situation will be like this:

- after 1 week there will be people about lvl50 and they will start taking territorries
    - after 2 weeks there will be people about lvl70 and half a map will be taken
    - after a month there will be people 90+ and most map will be taken

(I checked and it is possible to get to lvl30 easily under 24 hours, about lvl50 it takes 3-4 hours of solo grind to lvl).
    and situation will be pretty much the same as it is now on LC, only in smaller numbers (less player of a certain lvl). Plus those with a lot of real life money will get ahead even faster.

Instead of going there and getting to maybe lvl 50 after a month (lvling at my speed, which is not very fast, as I don't have much time lately) I would rather get my main character here to lvl80+ and just keep having fun. I really hope I will not be the only one playing on LC, lol :P.

The only thing that I hope will change on LC will be the smaller number of new people starting there, for some time. After some time it will even between the LC and Harshlands. Only thing I am really afraid of is GMs paying even less attention to whats going on LC :]

90+ in a month, you mad?!
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The servers will be up on.....

b:chuckle
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • smilsha
    smilsha Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    but where i can see that server when he comes out????b:surrender
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    Crash - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    kantorek wrote: »

b:chuckle

*gets wet noodle ready...*

when is the dang server gonna be released :/
    need somert else to play like...nao! lol

is there no ETA?
    retired from PWI server Heavens Tear, October 2008
    want to start on Harshlands ASAP!
  • Valkyun - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    kantorek wrote: »

Why the purple?? Is it some kind of secret loading bar?
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    He's messing with you because of the word hunt event, see general discussion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.