hEy! When is etherblades opening lol? - New Servers Announcement

1151617181921»

Comments

• andreav
    andreav Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I was wondering the same thing... I got this "Flare" on the first day of HT server...

Yeah... lol I got another question. I live on the west coast and noticed it says its east coast servers. Its silly but does it really matter where your located to make the game go faster? Or they just trying to organize sections by where people are living? I never knew the speed of the server based on where the server was locted. Totally new to me since I played other games and even had one company near me (TQ they suck) and my net speed was the same when I WAS leaving in the east coast to my move to the west coast.
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    andreav wrote: »
    Yeah... lol I got another question. I live on the west coast and noticed it says its east coast servers. Its silly but does it really matter where your located to make the game go faster? Or they just trying to organize sections by where people are living? I never knew the speed of the server based on where the server was locted. Totally new to me since I played other games and even had one company near me (TQ they suck) and my net speed was the same when I WAS leaving in the east coast to my move to the west coast.

The closer you are to the servers, the better the ping time, which means the better the connection with the server. Also, events like the daily race and crazystone still start on time if it is aligned with your time zone. For example, if you want to race is the west coast and you are in the west coast, you will start at 9:30pm, if in east coast, it will be at 12:30am. Just basically time difference of in game events and ping time.
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • andreav
    edited March 2009
    The closer you are to the servers, the better the ping time, which means the better the connection with the server. Also, events like the daily race and crazystone still start on time if it is aligned with your time zone. For example, if you want to race is the west coast and you are in the west coast, you will start at 9:30pm, if in east coast, it will be at 12:30am. Just basically time difference of in game events and ping time.

Which one is the west coast server?
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The already existing ones ie Lost City, Heavens Tear and Sanctuary are all West Coast servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andreav
    edited March 2009
    The already existing ones ie Lost City, Heavens Tear and Sanctuary are all West Coast servers.

=( lol all the good names are taken there... oh well I'll try a east coast server anyways b:laugh
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009

Ping time is also determined by the quality of the servers/connection and how much people are connected simultaneously, or at the same time to the server.
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009

Do the character names "reset" on the East Coast servers? I mean back to where all character names are available.
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Do the character names "reset" on the East Coast servers? I mean back to where all character names are available.

yes, indeed.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    What bra? Not wearing one.
    o..0 *peeks* HOLY Victoria's Secret! She isn't!

~S
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Wow someones on a necro spree.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Wow someones on a necro spree.

I know right, and don't click on that link it might be a trap. ijs b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I count easily over ten threads necro'd.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Ah, necros... Closed.
This discussion has been closed.