hEy! When is etherblades opening lol? - New Servers Announcement

Options

Comments

• Moytoy - Heavens Tear
    Moytoy - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    GMs i never bought zhen so far , if you will open it tommrow ill buy loads b:thanks
    and ill give you each one of you tip =O b:chuckle
    Anyway , which should server i should choose PvP or PvE? b:shutup
    New guild coming out on the new PvE server [Dreamwaver] .
    Wanna join ? need more details ? PM me .
  • Evenixus - Heavens Tear
    Evenixus - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    So true, pay attention to this guy his speaking the truth

I only Speak the Truth! thats why the Gms Fear me so b:pleased
    GMs i never bought zhen so far , if you will open it tommrow ill buy loads
    and ill give you each one of you tip =O
    Anyway , which should server i should choose PvP or PvE? b:shutup

come over to the Harshlands lmfao, your gonna get tired of all them rookie clerics trying to fight you like i do b:dirty besides ive already had death threats from some rookie guilds lead by some 6x barb lol, will be fun to have another guild on Harshlands with a leader who actually knows how to turn off saftys b:victory
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Your personnal experience is wrong. There are tons of multiclienters on this game.
    imo I think the only way to prove that would be to have people pretty much blatantly say in world chat or forums "Hi I'm sharing my account" and then have a GM tie in the forum account to the user account and check IP logs.

Other then that unless you have a program checking IP logs daily against a database well then I guess there is none.

I can't believe I nerded out on that. Christ.

No no no, she was talking about multi-boxers using multiple clients on one machine, not account sharing, and she also supplied no proof of her claim which is what I took issue with.

As for detecting account sharing: it is possible if the two people sharing said account do not live in the same area, or unusual spike activity is detected suddenly, but if it's being used from the same computer/LAN by multiple people it can be next to impossible to detect without someone letting it slip that it's being shared.

I doubt checking IP logs from the forums and the game would do anything since the forums can be used from anywhere, including the library or anywhere else that the game cannot be played from while the game can only be played from a computer that has the game installed on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Options
    No no no, she was talking about multi-boxers using multiple clients on one machine, not account sharing, and she also supplied no proof of her claim which is what I took issue with.

As for detecting account sharing: it is possible if the two people sharing said account do not live in the same area, or unusual spike activity is detected suddenly, but if it's being used from the same computer/LAN by multiple people it can be next to impossible to detect without someone letting it slip that it's being shared.

I doubt checking IP logs from the forums and the game would do anything since the forums can be used from anywhere, including the library or anywhere else that the game cannot be played from while the game can only be played from a computer that has the game installed on it.

Well like I said 5 mins ago this thread is for the new servers, not for multiclienters but also it is a lot harder for gms to monitor for “spikes” because most ISPs these days use an IP masking service that makes it so your IP doesn’t give your exact location.

Go ahead and try it, find a site that reveals your internet ISP IP then use the IP Tracking service, I cant remember the site name so Google it and I guarantee you u’ll appear in grease or somewhere like that ^_^
  • Aysun - Sanctuary
    Aysun - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Actually I know from personal experience that many players will not run multiple characters on 1 computer, but rather have a catshop alt on a laptop while they game on their desktop, which is not against the ToS.

Are you serious? That's not against the ToS? In most other games (and I think in common sense's opinion) it really should be. It seems like a form of cheating to me.

(Sorry that was off topic, but I'm really curious to know for sure if it's not against ToS or not, cause those characters are a major annoyance.)
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well like I said 5 mins ago this thread is for the new servers, not for multiclienters but also it is a lot harder for gms to monitor for “spikes” because most ISPs these days use an IP masking service that makes it so your IP doesn’t give your exact location.

If an account shows certain types of unusual activity it can trigger an investigation, and by "spike activity" I mean prolonged account usage over an extended period of time that is unusual for that account. Could mean it's simply being used more, but if it raises other red flags as well... Just something to keep in mind.
    Go ahead and try it, find a site that reveals your internet ISP IP then use the IP Tracking service, I cant remember the site name so Google it and I guarantee you u’ll appear in grease or somewhere like that ^_^

What are you smoking? Seriously, I'd like to know because I want some.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If an account shows certain types of unusual activity it can trigger an investigation, and by "spike activity" I mean prolonged account usage over an extended period of time that is unusual for that account. Could mean it's simply being used more, but if it raises other red flags as well... Just something to keep in mind.

What are you smoking? Seriously, I'd like to know because I want some.

What? Never heard of them kind of sites before? ._.

and it would of been alot quicker just to say "the account is logged on at times when it is not usally logged on" >_>
  • markilian
    markilian Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

and it would of been alot quicker just to say "the account is logged on at times when it is not usally logged on" >_>

it would've been alot quicker to say alot of things that are irrelevant.
  • Boza_cutter - Lost City
    Boza_cutter - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Are you serious? That's not against the ToS? In most other games (and I think in common sense's opinion) it really should be. It seems like a form of cheating to me.

(Sorry that was off topic, but I'm really curious to know for sure if it's not against ToS or not, cause those characters are a major annoyance.)

Uhmmm, well, I have played over 30 MMOs since the year 1999, and none of them had it forbidden. I remember a thread in one of those's forum was of this topic, and mods, and gms answered something like this:"We could enter a rule such as that in ToS, but it would have no effect, since there is no actual proof to be obtained for cheating. If 2 or more computers are connected to Internet, it most commonly means it is performed throughout a switch, that gives separate IP endings to each comp. There for it is legal, owning multiple acounts in mmo game is not forbidden."

Well it went more or less like that, it was some time ago and I can't remember correctly, but the point is the same. The game in case was p2p mmo, in it you had to pay for every account you make, so why would they end their means of profit? Even with f2p game it enhances amount of accounts, and with that "number of registered players"="marketing potential". Why would some1 ban the player, who is so dedicated to the game that he plays it on 2 computers? It might be unfair, but sanity says its fair to game publisher.
  • markilian
    markilian Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

like the guy above said its not against the rules, and even if it was there would be NO WAY of stopping it or enforcing the rule.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Exactly. Person involved could always say its his/her brother's account or w/e, and that the other person is currently too ocupied in RL to play at the moment and will be joining game much later. Sharing items with a fellow player is not forbidden, so he/she can't be banned for that. And also, only logging in just to sell in cat shop is not forbidden, you can't make people level faster then they want, even if it means being lvl1 for 1 year.

This is only 1 scenario, just to show the most trivial example of multiple accounts not being against the rules.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Exactly. Person involved could always say its his/her brother's account or w/e, and that the other person is currently too ocupied in RL to play at the moment and will be joining game much later. Sharing items with a fellow player is not forbidden, so he/she can't be banned for that. And also, only logging in just to sell in cat shop is not forbidden, you can't make people level faster then they want, even if it means being lvl1 for 1 year.

This is only 1 scenario, just to show the most trivial example of multiple accounts not being against the rules.

accutually account sharing is bannable
  • Jacim - Heavens Tear
    Jacim - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I only Speak the Truth! thats why the Gms Fear me so b:pleased

come over to the Harshlands lmfao, your gonna get tired of all them rookie clerics trying to fight you like i do b:dirty besides ive already had death threats from some rookie guilds lead by some 6x barb lol, will be fun to have another guild on Harshlands with a leader who actually knows how to turn off saftys b:victory

LOL Even, I'll help you crush that dude's noob guild -.^ And don't worry, Rule34 is gonna help spice up the early stages of the new server. b:victory
    Late-start + Late-bloomer on HT server
    Switching to PvP for fun and the chance to be top50b:victory
    Harshlands class & IGN: Barbarian / Thor
    Please don't take my name? If so I will be forced to gank you for the rest of your time on the server b:laugh
    edited March 2009
    Options
    accutually account sharing is bannable

Actually you should learn to read more then last post. What part of multiple accounts you do not get?

No1 was talking of account sharing.

The word here is about people who play with 2 accounts, on 2 computers. 1 for selling in cat shop, and 1 for playing. It is not bannable in MMO games for the reasons i stated in my previous 2 posts.

To make it more simple:
    -person1 has 2 accounts, on 1 he sells, on 2nd he plays and levels his character.
    -account no.1 is logged from computer 1, account no.2 is logged from computer no.2,
    -both comps are connected to internet throughout a switch therefore they have the last number different in their IP, so no ToS breaking.
    -If GM asks that player "why do you have 2 accounts, that is unfair",
    -a player can answer "its my brother/sister's account and he/she can't play much now, too occupied, so he/she only sells stuff we get."
    -Sharing items is not against the ToS, and therefore not bannable.
    -Point in this mater is that owning 2 accounts and logging on them at the same time cannot be baned, nor fought against.

This is only a trivial (1st stupid one that came to my mind) example, why it is imposable to forbid people for having multiple accounts(more then 1 account)

Plus the stuff I posted in last 2 posts, forbidding people to have more then 1 account would be bad for the publisher.

Next time take some time to read of topic in question before posting something just so you post.
  • justachickk
    justachickk Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    These are my opinions on the matter.

It is a fine line but, take into consideration that if an account gets accessed from different IPs (like sharing your account), you get flagged, and can get banned.

Multiboxing (game running on a separate PC) with different accounts is allowed, but, we can see that they are being accessed by an IP range when they are accessed. If accounts are being accessed from say, India one minute, and then a few hours later, Brazil, the repercussions probably aren't going to be good for your account.

Another thread with official word: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=68472&highlight=accounts
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Next time take some time to read of topic in question before posting something just so you post.

Lmfaoooo you Fail with that single sentence, lets see this topic is about.. What..? Oh yea the new servers coming out. Not once did ANY gm post about account sharing.

If you want to spend half an hour typing up an essay then start a new thread and moan about it in there, other then that stop posting off topic stuff.
    edited March 2009
    Options

I didn't say I'd never heard of those sites before: that's your assumption. I simply asked what you were smoking because what I know says you are simply blowing smoke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I didn't say I'd never heard of those sites before: that's your assumption. I simply asked what you were smoking because what I know says you are simply blowing smoke.

Enough with the cryptic talk, what are you saying...
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Lmfaoooo you Fail with that single sentence, lets see this topic is about.. What..? Oh yea the new servers coming out. Not once did ANY gm post about account sharing.

If you want to spend half an hour typing up an essay then start a new thread and moan about it in there, other then that stop posting off topic stuff.
    go smoke some more of that stuff you've been smoking so far.

topic in question and thread in question are 2 different things.

so go smoke and leave serious discussion to serious people.

@OMGLAZERZ: did you by any chance play 9d?
    edited March 2009
    Options

so go smoke and leave serious discussion to serious people.

wow some rookie level 4 thinks he knows more then me.. hmmm lets see, topic title "hEy! When is etherblades opening lol? - New Servers Announcement" and your talking about what? oooh account sharing, ties in with "hEy! When is etherblades opening lol? - New Servers Announcement" how?

GG b:kiss
    edited March 2009
    Options
    wow some rookie level 4 thinks he knows more then me.. hmmm lets see, topic title "hEy! When is etherblades opening lol? - New Servers Announcement" and your talking about what? oooh account sharing, ties in with "hEy! When is etherblades opening lol? - New Servers Announcement" how?

GG b:kiss

OK now when that stuff you've been smoking wares off, show me a button "New Topic" and next time we will smoke together.

Hint: There is only "New Thread" button. So "hEy! When is etherblades opening lol? - New Servers Announcement" is a Thread not a Topic.

Rookie? zOMFGROTFL b:thanks
    That is why I love forums, people judge you by avatar. b:chuckle

Thread is about new servers, and we discuss topics regarding general issues along with new server issues.

Hint: Topic is a current subject of discussion.

So I'll repeat my self:

so go smoke and leave serious discussion to serious people
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    am the won smoking leave Even alone b:angry
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    b:laugh

peace with ya dude, smoke well.
    b:victory
  • p3nnstate
    p3nnstate Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Its people like Boza, that don't know when to admit their wrong..or after his written response, an idiot would work better. Also like to add my 12 year old sister is the same.

WHAT:
    2 brand spanking new servers will be opening up for your gaming pleasure! A new PvE server called 'DREAMWEAVER' and a new PvP server called 'HARSHLANDS.'

That is the topic of this thread, thats IT! Apparently your talking about account sharing...wow ever heard of Terms Of Service? Read the rules before barging in and making a fool out of yourself.

Judging by avatar might not be smart, but your attitude doesnt help much.
    Let me heat you up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jacim - Heavens Tear
    Jacim - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    To totally connect the two:

This thread is about the new servers being created **To address the lag issues due to the high volume of accounts on the existing servers**

Some of said volume is caused by players who run multiple accounts, therefore, it is within reasonable connection with the actual thread to be included, even if it is not completely relevant. Have a nice day everyone b:victory
    Late-start + Late-bloomer on HT server
    Switching to PvP for fun and the chance to be top50b:victory
    Harshlands class & IGN: Barbarian / Thor
    Please don't take my name? If so I will be forced to gank you for the rest of your time on the server b:laugh
    edited March 2009
    Options
    OK now when that stuff you've been smoking wares off, show me a button "New Topic" and next time we will smoke together.

Hint: There is only "New Thread" button. So "hEy! When is etherblades opening lol? - New Servers Announcement" is a Thread not a Topic.

Rookie? zOMFGROTFL b:thanks
    That is why I love forums, people judge you by avatar. b:chuckle

Thread is about new servers, and we discuss topics regarding general issues along with new server issues.

Hint: Topic is a current subject of discussion.

So I'll repeat my self:

so go smoke and leave serious discussion to serious people

b:chuckle silly, so you cant start a new topic so you rant in a off topic? your worse then people who world chat ****. maybe you should just uninstall plz b:kiss
    p3nnstate wrote: »
    Its people like Boza, that don't know when to admit their wrong..or after his written response, an idiot would work better. Also like to add my 12 year old sister is the same.

WHAT:
    2 brand spanking new servers will be opening up for your gaming pleasure! A new PvE server called 'DREAMWEAVER' and a new PvP server called 'HARSHLANDS.'

That is the topic of this thread, thats IT! Apparently your talking about account sharing...wow ever heard of Terms Of Service? Read the rules before barging in and making a fool out of yourself.

Judging by avatar might not be smart, but your attitude doesnt help much.

its also nice to see some SENSIBLE people to agree with me. fighting a lost case is just sad :( this topic is not about Multi account sharing. end of.
  • Alyssea - Sanctuary
    Alyssea - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yeah, Ima gonna join the new server. Start a faction, take some territories.

See you all there :D
  • mickeydog
    mickeydog Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    how the hell did this thread turn into an argument?
    Citadel: New Faction on the Harshlands: Now Recruiting! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ citadel.forummotion.com ]
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    Cosmos - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    mickeydog wrote: »
    how the hell did this thread turn into an argument?

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Please stop the arguing and get back on topic everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.