hEy! When is etherblades opening lol? - New Servers Announcement

Options

Comments

• Evenixus - Heavens Tear
    Evenixus - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    kantorek wrote: »
    Calm down folks. I know you guys are excited but that doesn't mean you should jump on each other like like a pack of angry Koala bears.

Announcements of exactly when and where will be made soon. Don't you worry your pretty little heads. Or there may be wet noodles in your future. b:sin

kantorek don’t make me Pk your ****! >:( just making sure its not going to be like 10 mins notice like you always do with updates! Would be cool to know 2-3 days in advance, and you and your soggy noodles don’t scare me, im a born killer.
  • Moytoy - Heavens Tear
    Moytoy - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    kantorek don’t make me Pk your ****! >:( just making sure its not going to be like 10 mins notice like you always do with updates! Would be cool to know 2-3 days in advance, and you and your soggy noodles don’t scare me, im a born killer.

kantorek dont worry , ill help you !!! :]
    Evenixus is a nub cleric , if he is pking you let me know =P
    ^^
    New guild coming out on the new PvE server [Dreamwaver] .
    Wanna join ? need more details ? PM me .
    edited February 2009
    Options
    kantorek dont worry , ill help you !!! :]
    Evenixus is a nub cleric , if he is pking you let me know =P
    ^^

2-2 if I remember correctly. I also wanted to know when it’s coming out so I can have an epic final fight in sp, hope you’ll come to MoyToy. See how many people turn up when I wc im pking with no angels >:)
  • Redained - Sanctuary
    Redained - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    does that mean that servers like sanctuary will be closed to any new players?
  • Desangel - Sanctuary
    Desangel - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    it'll still be open
  • Lybiansoulja - Heavens Tear
    Lybiansoulja - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    HT is way too over populated..cant wait for the new servers to open up b:victory
  • alehandro
    alehandro Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    GM does we have some date when the new 2 servers start, or i have to look for it evry day?...
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    Cosmos - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Got a question:

Will the new servers allow all previously taken names to be used, or like the HT/Sanc situation, will it be if a name is used on HT, it can't be used on Sanc and vice-versa?

(This question is directed at The Harshlands/Lost City, primarilly.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nivy
    nivy Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Have the launch dates been finalized yet? It's taking tooo long b:sadb:shedtearb:cry
  • potatoeyes
    potatoeyes Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    nice news, a lot of the f2p mmo competitve scene from dieing games (cabal/2moons for example) that didn't get into PWI early are going to undoubtedly bum rush the new servers (myself included)

reasonable chance at new competition = reason to spend $$, smart move despite the complaints from some of the higher lvl players on preexisting servers
  • Lirgorn - Heavens Tear
    Lirgorn - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Got a question:

Will the new servers allow all previously taken names to be used, or like the HT/Sanc situation, will it be if a name is used on HT, it can't be used on Sanc and vice-versa?

(This question is directed at The Harshlands/Lost City, primarilly.)

Should be fine, i got 2 chars, one on HT and one LC with the same name. Shouldnt be any different with the new servers.
    Currently playing:
    Lirgorn - Heavens Tear - Lv.7X Wiz - Elysium
    Akkari - Lost City - Lv.4X Archer - Guildless (as of 19/02/09)

Rolling Harshlands upon release! Archer all the way!
    Rule34!

Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he can promptly forget he ever didnt know and call people "noobs" in the fishing forums.
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Should be fine, i got 2 chars, one on HT and one LC with the same name. Shouldnt be any different with the new servers.

It's different for PvE/PvP servers.

E.g., let's say nobody on any other server has the name Cosmos.

I COULD use it on Lost City but not on Sanctuary (because I'm using it on HT and the two PvE servers share a namelist.)

So I'm asking if someone has the name, for example again, LoL on Lost City, if it will be useable on Harshlands because of the HT/Sanc name problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kambey
    kambey Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If you do that new server special fo EU player then you must use EU item and monster name because ppl remember other name what you use in your PWI name.
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    kambey wrote: »
    If you do that new server special fo EU player then you must use EU item and monster name because ppl remember other name what you use in your PWI name.

No they 'musn't', this is still PWI. PWI names apply. That was a bit of a rediculous request. b:bye Or demand, I should say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So I can't make a veno on Dreamweaver called Drazo? b:surrender
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sounds like you are mad because you can't simply try to dominate a new server if there are transferrs. Now you are just being greedy.

Also lets not forget, they may not even be possible to begin with.

Even if they allowed transfers, which is unlikely, they should only be allowed after the servers been live for a few months. It's not that they are necessarily already high level (they could be low level), but that they bring with them (or could do so) a lot of materials that will give them an unfair advantage over those who choose to re-roll. A new server puts everyone who starts when it goes live on the same level playing field.

The good players will naturally rise to the top, and it does give new players a chance to rise to the top that might not be able to on a mature server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RaijinRyu - Lost City
    RaijinRyu - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Calm down folks. I know you guys are excited but that doesn't mean you should jump on each other like like a pack of angry Koala bears.

Announcements of exactly when and where will be made soon. Don't you worry your pretty little heads. Or there may be wet noodles in your future. b:sin

Quick Question. I know any kind of char transfer is out of the question and i agree with that but what about MOUNTS? Could it be possible to transfer your mount to new server? I don't think mounts would give you any advantage over people other than running faster and also I think you wouldn't be able to use it until lvl 20 which is the same time other people can start using them.
  • Lindt - Heavens Tear
    Lindt - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Can we maybe get these servers released before the Hell Hound leaves the boutique? If we don't we'll have no chance to get them on the new server. We're already not gonna be able to get so many things like Nightmares, Elks, Boas, Christmas outfits, event items (such as v-day pendant), and even more. I think that list is already long enough. Please don't add Hell Hounds to it.
  • Desangel - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So I can't make a veno on Dreamweaver called Drazo? b:surrender

yes you can
  • Lindt - Heavens Tear
    Lindt - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Quick Question. I know any kind of char transfer is out of the question and i agree with that but what about MOUNTS? Could it be possible to transfer your mount to new server? I don't think mounts would give you any advantage over people other than running faster and also I think you wouldn't be able to use it until lvl 20 which is the same time other people can start using them.

Oh and you people don't seem to be getting this so let me clear it up.

THIS IS A NEW SERVER!

You have to start from scratch, no transferring things over at all. If you don't like it then just stay on your current server. If i wanted to go to LC right now from HT I couldn't transfer anything. Why is a new server an exception. If you want a mount early on you'll have to buy it with real money, and that's exactly what they want. Not that I'm complaining.

And yes you could abuse that. I know if they let us transfer mounts i would just sell all my stuff on HT, buy as many mounts as i could, transfer them and make some money on the new server with my giant stock of mounts.
  • athenian
    athenian Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Now, lets see another thing...
    For the new_pvp_server_PKer_wannabes... : PK with chivalry... PK with honor... We all love PK/PVP (that's why we'll be in the pvp server and not the pve - isn't it ?) but lets do it for a good reason... avoid PKing lowbies, 30-40 lvls lower just for fun or to give them a hard time to lvl...

Or else... sooner or later, a 3rd pvp server might come in the game, and then you'll see again the up_to_4x ppl fly away and you stay in the middle of a semi_emptied realm, with your RL pockets empty, hearing the clang of the 9xs or 10xs running over you as the last cavalry attack... lol

I'm sure that if an attitude with reason had occured, the number losses from LC would be much more fewer and so much affordable... Now, sorry it is too late... see you in the new one...
  • RaijinRyu - Lost City
    RaijinRyu - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Oh and you people don't seem to be getting this so let me clear it up.

THIS IS A NEW SERVER!

You have to start from scratch, no transferring things over at all. If you don't like it then just stay on your current server. If i wanted to go to LC right now from HT I couldn't transfer anything. Why is a new server an exception. If you want a mount early on you'll have to buy it with real money, and that's exactly what they want. Not that I'm complaining.

And yes you could abuse that. I know if they let us transfer mounts i would just sell all my stuff on HT, buy as many mounts as i could, transfer them and make some money on the new server with my giant stock of mounts.

Dude calm down i was asking a simple question. Did u read anything in my post that indicated I was begging? I was stating an opinion I didn't say "GM can we please transfer our mounts". Second of all what makes you think they would let you transfer unlimited mounts? I was talking about one mount, and I am planning to go to new server, what's wrong with wanting some information about it b4 it opens? Some people here just seem to be waiting for an opportunity to talk dirt about other people's comments go take a chill pill for gods sake.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Dude calm down i was asking a simple question. Did u read anything in my post that indicated I was begging? I was stating an opinion I didn't say "GM can we please transfer our mounts". Second of all what makes you think they would let you transfer unlimited mounts? I was talking about one mount, and I am planning to go to new server, what's wrong with wanting some information about it b4 it opens? Some people here just seem to be waiting for an opportunity to talk dirt about other people's comments go take a chill pill for gods sake.

He’s talking about a simple answer everyone seems to not understand, if the gm has to repeat 100 times there’s no transfer that’s just lame. If there was a transfer option the server would die instantly. End of.
  • Desangel - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The server should come out next friday, I have 3 tests and a presentation next week. b:laugh
  • _DynamiC_ - Lost City
    _DynamiC_ - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If there is character transferring from one server to another then there wont be any any competition between players to lvl up !!
    b:pleased

So there shudunt be such options...
  • Diogeneskyon - Lost City
    Diogeneskyon - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You don't have to abandon your old character. You don't have to abandon your old server. The old server won't work less well for you because of the new servers. In fact, it should work even better.

There is no logical reason for PWI to transfer anything -mounts, money, characters- to the new server. If you like your old character, your old mount, and have money on an old server keep playing the old server.

It's very straightforward.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You don't have to abandon your old character. You don't have to abandon your old server. The old server won't work less well for you because of the new servers. In fact, it should work even better.

There is no logical reason for PWI to transfer anything -mounts, money, characters- to the new server. If you like your old character, your old mount, and have money on an old server keep playing the old server.

It's very straightforward.

there is a good reason, the servers are :
    1. 6 months overdue
    2. the current servers WERE EST for a long time, they changed to PST and screwed a lot of people over
  • Xbloodmistx - Sanctuary
    Xbloodmistx - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    There New Serveres i never knew that?
  • Domnorix - Heavens Tear
    Domnorix - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Do wet noodles taste good after a beating?

(The answer is yes.... especially when marinated with the blood and sweat of one thoroughly lashed Devoted)

b:dirty me likes teh wet noodles wit blood b:dirty and sweat....b:dirtyb:dirty
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    athenian wrote: »
    Now, lets see another thing...
    For the new_pvp_server_PKer_wannabes... : PK with chivalry... PK with honor... We all love PK/PVP (that's why we'll be in the pvp server and not the pve - isn't it ?) but lets do it for a good reason... avoid PKing lowbies, 30-40 lvls lower just for fun or to give them a hard time to lvl...

Or else... sooner or later, a 3rd pvp server might come in the game, and then you'll see again the up_to_4x ppl fly away and you stay in the middle of a semi_emptied realm, with your RL pockets empty, hearing the clang of the 9xs or 10xs running over you as the last cavalry attack... lol

I'm sure that if an attitude with reason had occured, the number losses from LC would be much more fewer and so much affordable... Now, sorry it is too late... see you in the new one...

You must be kidding, asking bored PKers to not gank lowbies on a PvP server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.