hEy! When is etherblades opening lol? - New Servers Announcement

Options

Comments

• Jacim - Heavens Tear
    Jacim - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hmmm.. I don't really have anything in LC, but I was wondering, since lag is a very important factor for me, where is LC located?
    How far is it from the middle east and mostly, which one is more close to the middle east?

If you are playing PWI the new servers Dreamweaver (PvE) and Harshlands (PvP) are going to be on the east coast of the United States, making them 3 hours closer than the current servers.

However there are other versions available such as the Malaysian and (I think) European version of Perfect World.

Hope this helped b:victory
    Late-start + Late-bloomer on HT server
    Switching to PvP for fun and the chance to be top50b:victory
    Harshlands class & IGN: Barbarian / Thor
    Please don't take my name? If so I will be forced to gank you for the rest of your time on the server b:laugh
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just curious, new server location = new offices = more staff that live in the New York / New Jersey area?
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I have no idea if this has been suggested yet, as I have no will to run through 37 pages of posts, but it seems that a lot of people would be willing to transfer if there were some way to transfer characters.

I wholly agree that a level 9x from LC/HT/ Sanc would completely upset the balance of a new server. So let's not transfer the character.

Let's transfer any items (not coins) he/she wants.

The levels and experiance still has to be gained, but any ZEN spent on the 9x character on the old server wouldn't be entirely wasted. The player still gets to keep their perfectly colored prized fashion, their ultra-cool upgraded mount, the 50 gold charms sitting in their inventory - heck, maybe even the shiny armor and weapons they spent hours slaving over or the pet that they spent millions on.

My logic could easily be flawed...but to me, this allows for a better balance in power on new servers, while still not sacrificing the money and material effort put in on the old.
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

That'd destroy the economy.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Reversal - Lost City
    Reversal - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I have no idea if this has been suggested yet, as I have no will to run through 37 pages of posts, but it seems that a lot of people would be willing to transfer if there were some way to transfer characters.

I wholly agree that a level 9x from LC/HT/ Sanc would completely upset the balance of a new server. So let's not transfer the character.

The levels and experiance still has to be gained, but any ZEN spent on the 9x character on the old server wouldn't be entirely wasted. The player still gets to keep their perfectly colored prized fashion, their ultra-cool upgraded mount, the 50 gold charms sitting in their inventory - heck, maybe even the shiny armor and weapons they spent hours slaving over or the pet that they spent millions on.

My logic could easily be flawed...but to me, this allows for a better balance in power on new servers, while still not sacrificing the money and material effort put in on the old.

So you get double item worth for paying once?

No, NO, No.

Stop being Greedy.

We have new servers, it means you start clean

Lets look at it in terms, you should be able to understand.

Lets say while your in Middle School you meet a lot of people and get 100's on all your projects

Then when you go to High School you meet more new people and even people you met in Middle School. Then you get a project to do, your not gonna say to your teacher "Can I get a 100 cuz I got a 100 on my project in Middle School."

No, your not, your going to work hard, and get the grade you deserve.
  • DeliaLotus - Lost City
    DeliaLotus - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yes, it's already been covered. The answer (correctly, and stated by mods) is no.

Why? Gold can be purchased with coins. Having something from the cash shop is no guarantee that it started there, in fact, I'm sure many high levels have earned a large amount of their cash shop items with in-game coin. Allowing any sort of transfer gives a huge upper hand to those who've been in the game longer.

If you want to keep the items you have, don't transfer servers. The current servers are fully functional, and, after the new ones are added, will be less populated (less lag). As to the time zones, I understand if you'd rather have events in your time zone, but that goal isn't a big enough objective to sacrifice the point of starting new, blank servers where everyone gets to start from level 1 again.

A lot of people want to transfer servers because of their newness (that is, no high levels or other advantages to other players) rather than the time zone issue.

Again, we have had 37 pages of discussion about this topic in general, and the mods have stated that there will be no transfers. I happen to agree with them, but that is largely irrelevant.
  • gencore
    gencore Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    kantorek wrote: »
    Reserved LOL

....can't remember what i was going to type here....
    If my mind reading skills don't fail me it should be the date new servers are going live ;)
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    they said 2 weeks, so they got 3 days left right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Jubas - Lost City
    Jubas - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i really hope so cuz all i do is patrol west gate of arch and i cant lvl cuz no use...i really want d new server out i wanna play again ^^
  • Boza_cutter - Lost City
    Boza_cutter - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    they said 2 weeks, so they got 3 days left right?
    They said 2 weeks on feb 20th. So they got about 6-7 more days.
  • Jacim - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Most theories put the new server releases during maintenance, therefore this maintenance (3 days) or the next (10 days) are the most likely days.
    Please don't take my name? If so I will be forced to gank you for the rest of your time on the server b:laugh
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Very true, but there is always room for unscheduled maintenance.

Besides in f2p MMOs its my experience that its most likely going to be 10+ days.
  • justachickk
    justachickk Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Dvorak wrote: »

WHEN:
    Soon, very soon. Launch dates have not yet been finalized but you can expect them within 1-2 weeks.

Is it the launch dates we can expect in 1-2 weeks or the new servers? b:chuckle
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If you mean as a meal, uhmm you got the spelling wrong.

Lunch(a meal) and Launch(as action of releasing a product) are spelled and pronounced differently.

It would make some sense if they were at least pronounced the same way. In this case your joke makes no sense.

If this aint what you mean, then I guess I don't get it. b:shocked
  • zarth
    zarth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    He/She meant if we're going to get the date of server release or the actual release in 1-2weeks. I hope it's the latter.
  • mickeydog
    mickeydog Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It would really suck if the date of server release came out and the release date was in like May or something.
    Citadel: New Faction on the Harshlands: Now Recruiting! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ citadel.forummotion.com ]
  • potatoeyes
    potatoeyes Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    "WHEN:
    Soon, very soon. Launch dates have not yet been finalized but you can expect them within 1-2 weeks."

first he was talking about the servers then he switches to the launch dates, and in that same sentence the them can either imply the aforementioned or what he was already talking about in that line. (the release dates)

i don't think theyd make an announcement (this thread) anticipating just release dates though, i'm pretty sure they were giving us a reasonable time for the actual server release - i personally am expecting it sometime next week
  • justachickk
    justachickk Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Could be we'll get a launch date this week or next, and the opening of the server a week or so after that.
  • Assuage - Lost City
    Assuage - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If you are playing PWI the new servers Dreamweaver (PvE) and Harshlands (PvP) are going to be on the east coast of the United States, making them 3 hours closer than the current servers.

However there are other versions available such as the Malaysian and (I think) European version of Perfect World.

Hope this helped b:victory

Thanks a lot for answering, and, well, time to take a break from PW. I hope that the launching date and the opening date will be together.

One more thing I'd like to add, my time zone is GMT+2, and if it DOES occurs in the weekly maintaince, in Tuesday either Wednesday, when will the maintaince finish, adjusting to my time zone?
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    andracil wrote: »
    That's account sharing, which is against the ToS.

Tons of people do it, no one was ever banned for that. Simply put : you have no way of finding about that unles the players say it themselves.

Tons of players also run 2 or 3 chars on the same computer, which is also against the TOS. Once again, there are no ways to find about that.

It would be funny tho know how many chars on heaven's tear are actually multicliented. A good portion of the cat shops are for sure.

Which is one reason why opening the new servers wont fix much of the overpopulation status on the PvE servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Jacim - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It would be funny tho know how many chars on heaven's tear are actually multicliented. A good portion of the cat shops are for sure.

Which is one reason why opening the new servers wont fix much of the overpopulation status on the PvE servers.

Actually I know from personal experience that many players will not run multiple characters on 1 computer, but rather have a catshop alt on a laptop while they game on their desktop, which is not against the ToS.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Actually I know from personal experience that many players will not run multiple characters on 1 computer

Your personnal experience is wrong. There are tons of multiclienters on this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Jacim - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If the normal time and duration of maintenance apply to the release of the new servers, midnight at GMT -8 (I believe) would be the start, and the end would be two hours later.

So for GMT+2 It would be approximately 10 am until 12 pm if my mental math isn't off (which it may be haha).
  • Jacim - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    There may well be, and if you know about it, report it, it would really help the server lag.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    There may well be, and if you know about it, report it, it would really help the server lag.

It's PWI's job to clean them, not mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Your personnal experience is wrong. There are tons of multiclienters on this game.

And your proof they are using one computer with multiple clients running is?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kratos_blade - Sanctuary
    Kratos_blade - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    And your proof they are using one computer with multiple clients running is?

imo I think the only way to prove that would be to have people pretty much blatantly say in world chat or forums "Hi I'm sharing my account" and then have a GM tie in the forum account to the user account and check IP logs.

Other then that unless you have a program checking IP logs daily against a database well then I guess there is none.

I can't believe I nerded out on that. Christ.
  • Evenixus - Heavens Tear
    Evenixus - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    imo I think the only way to prove that would be to have people pretty much blatantly say in world chat or forums "Hi I'm sharing my account" and then have a GM tie in the forum account to the user account and check IP logs.

Other then that unless you have a program checking IP logs daily against a database well then I guess there is none.

I can't believe I nerded out on that. Christ.

Gone a little off topic I think lol, and damm gms when you said the “Launch Dates” will be released in 1-2 weeks really means ur just gonna say “oh servers out next month” because I think A LOT of people will attempt to kill you if you do XD

We need a new server to buy Zhen! Its gonna be a rush for the first everything, first lv 30, first herc/ phoenix est.. your losing out on money by delaying us!
  • Jubas - Lost City
    Jubas - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    [QUOTE=We need a new server to buy Zhen! Its gonna be a rush for the first everything, first lv 30, first herc/ phoenix est.. your losing out on money by delaying us![/QUOTE]

So true, pay attention to this guy his speaking the truth b:laugh
  • shinigamideathnote
    shinigamideathnote Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    So true, pay attention to this guy his speaking the truth b:laugh

lol..

so true!
    Bringing fear and widespread random deaths into the Harshlands, that is my goal..

IGN: Shinigamii

Death Note Rule #18
    A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the gods of death.
This discussion has been closed.