AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    a high level mp hat will give more hp if you can fine 1 or more hp mod
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    At what lvl do u get the chance too chose between saga and demon? And will there be a guide for it in the nearest future?

there are plenty discussion about it and 89
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I may at some stage outline what i see as the key characteristics and advantages of Demon and Sage. I don't commit to doing this however as I have some reservations in advising on this choice. I will never recommend you pick one, as each has its own strengths, your archer is your own, and variety... ... pwns..?
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • Goldian - Dreamweaver
    Goldian - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I may at some stage outline what i see as the key characteristics and advantages of Demon and Sage. I don't commit to doing this however as I have some reservations in advising on this choice. I will never recommend you pick one, as each has its own strengths, your archer is your own, and variety... ... pwns..?

I difiinatly pick demon.. that demon spark + other demon skill combo.. is a one shot dead skill on most of the players.
    Btw lol wings of grace ownz o.0 i can actually have a fair match.. lvl 64 archer vs 81 cleric lolz

Meh sometimes i just want to reroll an archer on ht :o but yea.. ;p
  • BloodCountes - Heavens Tear
    BloodCountes - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Good guild. Definetly.
    My people, some of them have run away to the hills
    and have no shelter. No food, no one knows where they are,
    hear me my chiefs, I am tired. My heart is sick and sad,
    I will fight no more....
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Equipment and Grinding sections stripped to remove: words

Something i've been working on slowly is getting this to a more readable format. 'Overwordiness' and 'Sentences' have become my enemy. I'm very happy with the condensed equipment section, may continue to work on the grinding section.

Edit: made some furthur minor changes to a number of the sections.
  • Elfaria - Dreamweaver
    Elfaria - Dreamweaver Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Frost arrow - Aim Low - Stunning arrow ~

I followed your guide and maximized frost arrow. It really helps a lot but...

What should I do with Aim low and stunning arrow?
    A lot of archers in my guild told me to maximize aim low, your guide says to maximize stunning arrow.

Which of these 2 skills will I be usually grinding with?
    Im more of a grinder but I also do TW once everyweek.
    (Although its usually a 5minute fight)

Also, I heard from higher level archers that Deadly shot will also be added to my rotation for extra damage. Is it necessary?
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    What should I do with Aim low and stunning arrow?
    A lot of archers in my guild told me to maximize aim low, your guide says to maximize stunning arrow.

Which of these 2 skills will I be usually grinding with?
    Im more of a grinder but I also do TW once everyweek.
    (Although its usually a 5minute fight)

I maximized Stunning Arrow first. I only used it in emergency cases (accidental aggro) and against "Increased Life" monsters. It consumes a lot of mana, so I used it sparingly. However, it does not cost Chi, so it helps in tight situations.

I eventually maximized Aim Low, and I like that one as well. It "fails" less often than Stunning Arrow, so if I have enough Chi, I use this one instead.
    Also, I heard from higher level archers that Deadly shot will also be added to my rotation for extra damage. Is it necessary?

There is a thread about this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=261592
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Aim Low and Stunning Arrow are both exceptional skills, but I avoid using both (in PVE) as often as possible for their own reasons.

Aim Low - costs 1 spark... thats equivalent in chi to 2 Winged Shells and a bit more, or 4 Frost arrows. I prefer to be a little more cautious with my chi, if i have excess amounts (in PVE), i prefer to ration it out than spend it all at once on high chi abilities.

Stunning arrow has a high mana cost. This bothers me less as my mana is generally less of an issue than chi, I end up using this whenever a target is likely to hit me.

As far as deadly shot goes, I dont like it for grinding purposes, the mana cost is just far too high. As it has a relatively long cast time, it's really only useful as an opener, and for this purpose i find Frost Arrow far more effective on most targets. If you do use deadly shot regularly, you will definately have a noticeable difference in mana potion/charm consumption.
  • happime
    happime Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    THANK YOU
    I am so new to this style of game that it hurts, lol. This was helpful and thanks for taking the time to share your experiences.
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Glad to be able to help :)
  • Nayaliia - Heavens Tear
    Nayaliia - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I, got a little problem... I'm just willing to know if i leveled Take Aim & QuickShot, will it change something ... Cause it works perfectly with my low level combo... ( Take Aim(Charged) -> Normal Shot x2 -> Quick Shot -> Take Aim(Instant)).. So if somebody could tell me if it'll change something
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Take Aim can be useful at lower skill levels later on for chi generation - I didnt use this all that often though. Quickshot won't matter at all.

Its optional basically... I wouldnt feel too bad about a mid or higher level rank of either of these. Just don't go levelling Knockback Arrow past level 1 ;).
  • revoker
    revoker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I leveled my Knockback to Lv2, but that was ages ago and that's how I'm used to it. I doubt the extra 10mp and 120ish damage is going to gimp me forever lol. My +mp rec gear makes up for that and more. Frost/Knockback combo while grinding is unnoticeable on my mp.

I didn't level it any further than 2 because I noticed it made no difference other than damage and increased mp cost. Is it because of the mp cost people say not to level it? I have no desire to level it, just curious.
  • Goldian - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Options
    sweet annor remember me? ;p

add the genies in your archer guide ;) i only lvld relentless courage so far and i putted lots of dex on my lvl 60 genie for the rest im waiting for you to make a guide bout it lol.

Relentless courage is ... damn it overpowers archers ;p rly.. makes me want to pk again even tough i wanted to get 80+ first to catch up cause i had to stop playing for 12 days :(

but lol also the lvl 69 ownz in pvp... i dont need xbow like everyones says.. i mostly stun and do regulars, all dead and wings of grace for sleep and stun immunity
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Heh, I won't be including genies until I've figured them out, at the moment I'm as lost as anyone else. And not particularly drawn to the feature to be honest.

But I'll work it out in time..

edit: and of course i remember you ^^
  • Goldian - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Heh, I won't be including genies until I've figured them out, at the moment I'm as lost as anyone else. And not particularly drawn to the feature to be honest.

But I'll work it out in time..

edit: and of course i remember you ^^

its easy to figure it out, i just dont have sp/exp like you ;p so i only tested with one skill that you surely will like a lot.

And i give you a tip, be fast, get to know these genies fast cause people will most likely use them and if you dont you'll be underpowered: ( like that anti bleed against nix... anti stun against bms.. all good stuff lol or even that heal that can also help against the nix

But yea meanwhile i dont concentrate on defensive skills/buffs what ever just fully atk lol ;p pking is easier now <.<

edit: on the pure build you might also suggest people to skip str once in a while and just go for 5dex. works fine here ;)
  • kindolus
    kindolus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Love the guide very helpfull
    Shortage
    Lvl 80+ Slayer

Introduction ID:
    Olympus - West
    3720112G080609007007110S3e8fb2
  • gentleassailant
    gentleassailant Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Thanx man.
    It helped me a lot
    Keep the info coming if u can i appreciate ur work in this hope to see u in-game.
    ^_^
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ty kind and gentle (cute pair right?).
    I haven't been too active in-game recently, approaching exam time -_-
  • Goldian - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ty kind and gentle (cute pair right?).
    I haven't been too active in-game recently, approaching exam time -_-

Yea you ain't active in your mailbox eitherb:surrender
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Sorry... I'll let you know how the Biology paper goes. b:sad
  • Arrowwz - Dreamweaver
    Arrowwz - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    wat monster drops moon shadwo bow piz answer
  • kirby3219
    kirby3219 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Sorry to bother yall but a friend of mine, KrystalKlear, is having trouble. she's level 3 with a lvl 1 bow, and can't equip it. the requirements are fulfilled, so we're wondering why she can't equip it.
  • Goldian - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Annor; Guess who's back in pvp ranking after 10-20 days of being inactive ;)

Oh by the way i only did 1 tw lol. So my kills are pure from pvp b:victory

My first tw was against a guild full of 1-shot-dead-members lol! Xd
  • XxHugiyaxX - Lost City
    XxHugiyaxX - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the help!!!!b:victory
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Wahhhh suddenly super-active...
    to Arrowwz: Are you sure you got the name of the bow right? I havent seen or heard of that bow, neither has PWdatabase.

to kirby3219: Strange, I don't have an explanation for that. The only thing I can suggest is make sure you've got the requirements right. Also make sure you have ammunition for the bow (arrows) -- although a lack of arrows should still let you equip just not fire the bow.

to Goldian: Very Impressive, I would have liked to get onto the PVP rankings on my server when it was a bit younger, one of my archer friends did it... unlike me he didn't mind killing level 30ish players 4+ times in a row (neither of us were in TW guilds at the time).

Annnnd to XxHugiyaxX: glad you found it useful ;)
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Following the recent attention I felt it was time to look at revising / upgrading this guide again.

I've began to add extra information in the post below the guide (just for people who hunger for a little bit more, I wanted to keep the core guide at an easily disgestable size). You can expect that section to grow slowly, as I remember the additions that I rejected in the past, and some new information as well ;).
  • Goldian - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Options
    @ Annor, meh i just run do my stuff i need to do in pvp mode and kill what i c i dont realy search for whtie names i dont bother anymore, i got pissed im not in top 20 anymroe cause of my break <.< i wanted to hit my head on the wall lol nah joke ^^