Annor's Archer Basics (guide)

Options

Comments

• Goldian - Dreamweaver
    Goldian - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Good thing i may maximise winged shell now lmao.

I just need to tell you that following your guide till lvl 1, is realy hard.. specially against ranged monsters/fast monsters/or several monsters. I died a lot but for the rest i guess its great. If you play on dreamweaver may i get your contact information?
  • Goldian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Sorry for double post

I also want to add that at lvl 29 i got like 60k spirit left. So might lvl more skills too?
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    -I use a single mana regen piece as well to help grind, i think this is really effective especially when you can reduce your mana consumption to the point where it is practical to completely recover the mana you use, and use little or no mana potions.

I actually went a little overboard and have +13 MP recovery due to equipment.
    Your combos look very effective, sparking that late in your increased life rotation though, dont the monsters reach melee range well before your spark runs out?

After level 60, most monsters have ranged attacks. So they are still within the efficient kill zone. I should have mentioned the combo won't work before level 60.

I am ashamed to admit it, but I never sparked until after 70s. I never realized it would be useful.
    I would be surprised if Barrage generated less aggro... note that at low ranks though its damage is actually comparible to regular attacks, delivering approxiamately double damage with half as many attaks per second.

I noticed that as well. Perhaps I am just imagining things, with regards to the aggro comment I made earlier.
    Ty again :)
    P.S. i remember that 20/20/20 run with you Elena, i was impressed ^^

You're welcome.

I must apologize, but since I helped about 5+ different 20/20/20 runs, I'm not sure which one you were in *winces* Sorry. Was that the one you for which you were the tank?
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hehe, yes i was tanking -_-
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hehe, yes i was tanking -_-

Ah, then, yes, I do remember =) For some reason, I thought it was another female archer, instead of you.

Other suggestions for your guide:

- Making money, the archer way? I'm not sure if its anything different from other classes.

- What you are doing wrong - a section of common and not-so-common mistakes archers commit.
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Sorry missed your post earlier Goldian, yep level more skills, those max ones are just your top priority :).

I play on Heaven's Tear, same info as the forums (Annor), feel free to come over to HT and say hi ^^
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Tyvm Elena,

I would be surprised if Barrage generated less aggro... note that at low ranks though its damage is actually comparible to regular attacks, delivering approxiamately double damage with half as many attaks per second.

Barrage isn't worth setting unless there's at least 3 mobs you can hit. Otherwise it's more mana efficient to simply attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear
    Criticalhitz - Heavens Tear Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Barrage for me will only be leveled to 3 really, I love the 10k+ crits it puts out constantly on mobs though at my lvl and I havent leveled it.. Its nice but mana consuming..Rather use other stuff.
    Making new char..Which one? I have a BM..but I want more damage and stuff to do..

Experienced players contact with the cons n pros of there class and where to put points n what skills to up ASAP thanks..
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Good thing i may maximise winged shell now lmao.

I just need to tell you that following your guide till lvl 1, is realy hard.. specially against ranged monsters/fast monsters/or several monsters. I died a lot but for the rest i guess its great. If you play on dreamweaver may i get your contact information?

Greetings, Sir Goldian.

One thing that is not often mentioned is that the game gets easier for Archers after level 60. Most monsters have ranged attacks at that point, so there is no damage reduction due to melee combat.

With regards to your issues:

- Ranged Monsters - These should be the easiest, unless they have damage-over-time. If you are having trouble, then use this combo: Frost -> Normal -> Normal -> Knockback -> Winged Shell . This should provide necessary protection for you. If you are low on chi, cast Wings of Protection repeatedly in a safe area, and then meditate to regain your mana.

- Fast Monsters - Again, use the above-mentioned combo. Then, when they get close, use Wing Pledge and Lightning when you can.

- Several Monsters - The best advice here is to *not* fight several monsters. If you do get 2 or more, just cast Winged Shell and run away. When you get a better feel of your character, you can take on two or more if you are confident.

Be sure to look at a monster's special properties, if it has any. You should be able to kill a Weak or Sacrificial Assault monster with no skills, fairly quickly. Thus, you can regain mana while you are fighting those types of monsters.
  • Goldian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the help I will sure do that.

Btw do i need to lvl thundershock and lighting higher then lvl 1? (i didnt lvl at all atm)

And may i lvl flight mastery?
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The lighting abilities can actually be quite useful at low rank. At the lower ranks, you get to avoid the melee penalty and get that elemental conversion at a low mana cost. When you get to higher level for PVP you'll want them maxed though, so i would say delay it (Thunderous Blast in my opinion is an exception, usually when you call on this ability you want a serious effect -- whether to take down a BM/Barb, or AoE a group of monsters, so invest in this one if you use it often).

Generally flight mastery is only useful until level 30 (as it only works on your intial white wings which you will usually replace then), so my advice would be: get a rank or two if you want that extra speed, but dont invest too much spirit.

Note: I re-classified Winged Shell as 'Max' in the skill section, I don't consider ranks of this as important as the offensive 'Max' abilities, but its prior grouping did not stress the usefulness and importance of this ability -- I'm sure Fleuri will be happy.

Improved some skill desciptions and added Flight Mastery, more major changes still to come.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Note: I re-classified Winged Shell as 'Max' in the skill section, I don't consider ranks of this as important as the offensive 'Max' abilities, but its prior grouping did not stress the usefulness and importance of this ability -- I'm sure Fleuri will be happy.

Yes! I am!

Thank you!

b:cute
  • KiRa_y_oShi - Heavens Tear
    KiRa_y_oShi - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    b:chuckleb:cuteb:dirty yo tambien te amo mi amor
    yes i have typos... no im nto gona correct them>.>
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    b:pleased
    _______
  • Goldian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thanks annor , i'm such a fan ;)b:dirty
  • KiRa_y_oShi - Heavens Tear
    KiRa_y_oShi - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thanks annor , i'm such a fan ;)b:dirty

b:angry -shoots flaming arrows at ur back-
    yes i have typos... no im nto gona correct them>.>
  • Goldian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2009
    Options
    b:angry -shoots flaming arrows at ur back-

Haha, She is, I got this site open all day when i lvl up I Alt tab to be sure wich skillsto take :)
  • Goldian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The lighting abilities can actually be quite useful at low rank. At the lower ranks, you get to avoid the melee penalty and get that elemental conversion at a low mana cost. When you get to higher level for PVP you'll want them maxed though, so i would say delay it (Thunderous Blast in my opinion is an exception, usually when you call on this ability you want a serious effect -- whether to take down a BM/Barb, or AoE a group of monsters, so invest in this one if you use it often).

Generally flight mastery is only useful until level 30 (as it only works on your intial white wings which you will usually replace then), so my advice would be: get a rank or two if you want that extra speed, but dont invest too much spirit.

Improved some skill desciptions and added Flight Mastery, more major changes still to come.

Could you post that on the 1st page in your guide?

Also it would be nice to split your guide in 2 a Pve and PVP section.

Would be way better for me, and for other people too.

Even if like 70% is the same its better ^^

Annor you should make a char on Dreamweaver ;) New server so all nubs, you get your lvl in what? A week? maybe 2?
    would be awesome if you did.
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The lightning bit would be difficult to fit in... a lot to cover and i dont want the guide to become so big that its no longer readable, but I'll see, the info on flight mastery was included in short form after i posted that :).

Currently most of the guild is PVE then theres just that small section on PVP, while im not too bad at PVP, im not absolutely amazingly incredible, so i dont know how confident i am to expand that section or write a full guide on PVP.

Hehe, ty for the invitation (to Dreamweaver), but i love my server ;)
  • Goldian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ok thanks, take you're time but do it before i need to pay 300k for reset lol

b:thanks
  • Mavfatha - Sanctuary
    Mavfatha - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the guide really useful
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ty Mav, nice to hear :)
  • Desolane - Heavens Tear
    Desolane - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Just wondering, and I apologize if someone asked it earlier in this thread:

Is it ok to buy NPC shop weapons and armor? I've heard mixed opinions on buying from NPCs; some say to buy them from other players, while others say its ok (at least for the lower levels).
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Just wondering, and I apologize if someone asked it earlier in this thread:

Is it ok to buy NPC shop weapons and armor? I've heard mixed opinions on buying from NPCs; some say to buy them from other players, while others say its ok (at least for the lower levels).

npc equips are basically the worse possible, at low lvls you might not have time to look for better equips, a quick stop around shops and auction house to look for equips for your next few lvls is a good idea
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I'd say NPC equip is fine until about 20, after that you should be looking for player-bought gear. As by then you should have your FB19 weapon, that main important equipment slot is taken care of for a good long time anyway.
  • Nodzzz - Heavens Tear
    Nodzzz - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hi Annor :) Im lvl 29 and atm using my fb19 xbow. How long should i continue to use this and when its time to replace it what shud i replace it with.Also am i better to grind with a slingshot? There's so many different opinions on here regards weapons to use and when to upgrade but i want yours.lol
    tyvm

ANNOR FTW!!!
    Noone remembers when you're good.
    Noone forgets when you're bad.

Dam now i know why im unforgetable b:laugh .
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I'd use FB19 weapon until low to mid 30s, i'd just use any weapon type at this level, its probably more effective just to use as high a weapon as possible in this bracket. From 30-42 you want to be on 2star and 3star weapons usually from the Auction House (upgrading every 5 levels or so). At 42, if you can afford it, the Sinister Shooter (mold sling) is amazing.
  • Goldian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Annor, I've used my fb19 till lvl 35, then i switched to a giant crossbow with decent stats. I'm thinking of keeping it till i get that quest bow 2start at lvl 46 i think. I'm now lvl 43. I thinkwe should just aim for TT weps already.
  • Comy - Lost City
    Comy - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Annor how can u say Flight Mastery is useless?????????????if u have lvl 10 Flight Mastery and use the lvl 1 wings(Natural one) your speed is 2.0 u know that??????????????????many ppl still use the lvl 30 one by quest whit 0.5 speed lmao and others wings whit 1.0,1.5 speed...b:chuckle
    They can run...but they cant hide!!!b:laugh
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i guess i took forever to get some fast cash shop wings, instead pushing my money into gear, so i used white with passive for a very long time, just had a mp recover cape to equip when need be