The Phoenix - Actual Numbers

1234568»

Comments

• Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I wonder if brutius might be right?

When I try and find official statements about how PvP damage reduction should work, I can not find any.

Can anyone give me a url of some official statement about how PvP damage should automatically be reduced 75%? Or, any similar statements?
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    for a lv 7x mob
    Physical Defence
    Magic Defence
    Metal: 1079
    Wood: 3006
    Water: 1850
    Fire: 1850
    Earth: 1850

a normal arcane biuld
    phys res 390
    mag res 5k

a normal LA biuld
    Physical Def: 2k
    Metal Def: 3k

so um........

ream=phys dmg

HOWEVER
    i can do 7k dmg to them
    in pvp i can only do around 1.5k...
    so ream=glitched

if u were right i could 1 or maby 2 hit ko bms/barbs 10 lvs higher than me
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ream=phys dmg

I do not know about bleed, since I do not usually fight monsters with bleed, but wood and fire damage over time attacks are not magical attacks. If I use apothecary defense charms, they do not trigger nor protect me when I get hit by DoT. If I am harvesting, I do not get interrupted by DoT. And, of course, my winged shell does not protect me against DoT.
  • brutius
    brutius Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Base magic u sure u know this? take off your weapon and any gear that adds int then u will find your base magic attack k thanx.....

phoenix has attack buff of i think 40% + the extra 20% from haing full loyalty, phoenix hits with physical on the bleed, most LA/Heavy have 65-80% physical reduce + the hidden extra from the phsycial reduce 1% from gears etc, cancelling the pets boosts.

and yes i got to lvl 100 on a private server,
    i didnt play at MY EN for 16 months i didnt dominate that server i didnt see people complaining about the same stuff all the time whilst not learning that bleed is a minor attack in pvp and if played properly pets are useless against all classes in pvp(without using pots or pills). but heh im just a private server noob i guess
  • Osiris - Dreamweaver
    Osiris - Dreamweaver Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    brutius wrote: »
    [...]but heh im just a private server noob i guess

I completly agree with you...

Edit:

The 'game guide' of a private server i won't mention here:
    1.Free 10Million Skill Point,1Million Gold,Free Manufacture(Level 1 can Manufacture),Free New Player Equipment With Weapon 1Set,Free Reveal All Teleportation Point in Perfect World,Free All Skill,Free Expand All Slot of Inventory,Free Expand All Slot of Bank Storage,Free Expand All Slot of Pet's,Free Cultivation To Nirvana(Please Don't Take Any Cultivation And Mission,Direct Take Demon or Sage Mission Start From Level 89).

2.Experience Set to 600 Times,Skill pouint 300Times,Drop Treasure Rate Double,Coins 30 Times

3.New Pet Ride,New Aviation,Support Level 20 Can Wedding,(After The Two Parties Made Party And Wedding,Can't Offline,Leave Party In Half Hour,If Not Will Be Fail.)

4.Open New Item[Twilight Golden Equipment],[Supernatural Equipment].

5.Open Heaven Book System.

6.All Mineral Point Has Revise,Modify To be Manganese Iron Mine,Peartree Stake,Inside Include Equipment Material,Heaven Book,Dragon Orb(1 Star to 3 Star),And Super Aviation!!!All Player Can Call Up Pet's,All Occupation Have Revive Pet And Heal Pet Skill!!
    Fortune Sack Setting:
    1.For Battle More Delight,Cancel Guardian Angel!Top New Pet Ride,JiuWei Hu,New Edition Aviation!
    2.Increase Life Skill And Manufacture Material!
    3.All Aviation Replace to 9-10 Meter,And 10-15 Meter Aviation Can Manufacture
    4.Have All Cloths And Color Dyer
    Field Boss:All Boss Of 89-109FB At VALLEY of SCORPION,5 Minute Refresh 1 Time After Boss Dead
    Next All Boss 1 Hour Refresh 1 Time

Someone that thinks you can get to lvl 100 with all your skills maxed and deamon/sage in one day, being able to buy gold TT stuff directly (for the NPC price???) and slot and refine it basicly for free is NOT in the position to tell us how to play.
  • Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Base magic u sure u know this? take off your weapon and any gear that adds int then u will find your base magic attack k thanx.....

phoenix has attack buff of i think 40% + the extra 20% from haing full loyalty, phoenix hits with physical on the bleed, most LA/Heavy have 65-80% physical reduce + the hidden extra from the phsycial reduce 1% from gears etc, cancelling the pets boosts.

and yes i got to lvl 100 on a private server,
    i didnt play at MY EN for 16 months i didnt dominate that server i didnt see people complaining about the same stuff all the time whilst not learning that bleed is a minor attack in pvp and if played properly pets are useless against all classes in pvp(without using pots or pills). but heh im just a private server noob i guess

Are you stupid? With YOUR theory on base magic, full vit clerics do the same damage as full magic clerics. Or a full vit archer does the same damage as full dex archer. That's not how it works. Once again you're pulling **** out of thin air. Here's the calcuation of base attacks. It's affected by STATS otherwise everybody would do the exact same damage regardless of how much magic or dex or strength you put into your character.

Physical Attack Formula:
    ( ( 1 + ( ( 2 * STR / 3 ) / 100 ) ) + MAS ) * ( LVL + EQA )

Ranged Attack Formula:
    ( ( 1 + ( ( 2 * DEX / 3 ) / 100 ) ) + MAS ) * ( LVL + EQA )

Magical Attack Formula:
    ( 1 + ( MAG / 100 ) ) * ( LVL + EQP )

I know most LA/Heavy have 65% physical reduction with armor. Where in the hell did I mention anything about physical armor reduction when I was using Demon Cyclone, a MAGIC SPELL, as a part of the calculation. I was using MAGIC REDUCTION. Find me the AVERAGE LA/Heavy that can pull off 65%+ magic reduction who isn't from a private server with +12 everything.

Basically everybody here is calling you an idiot, why are you even trying to back up your answers without any proof?

Oh yea, here is a post of xarfox saying that flesh ream is bugged.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1931051&postcount=10
  • brutius
    brutius Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    BASE magic u sure u know this? take off your weapon and any gear that adds int then u will find your base magic attack k thanx.....

highlighted the keywords a little so that u can do your maths again without looking so stupid at reading english. Base int will be around 2xx or so i guess not below 10.
    I know most LA/Heavy have 65% physical reduction with armor. Where in the hell did I mention anything about physical armor reduction when I was using Demon Cyclone, a MAGIC SPELL, as a part of the calculation. I was using MAGIC REDUCTION. Find me the AVERAGE LA/Heavy that can pull off 65%+ magic reduction who isn't from a private server with +12 everything.

because you began the **** with stating your MAGIC even tho this thread is about a PHYSICAL pet skill, so therefore you made the comparisons with MAGIC and PHYSICAL i just carried on to aid your poor understanding.

As all can see u are now just trying to pick up on anything that can try and aid the readiong population to favour you now, even by quoting a GM that does not understand his own game mechanics its pretty much sad.
  • Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    BASE magic u sure u know this? take off your weapon and any gear that adds int then u will find your base magic attack k thanx.....

highlighted the keywords a little so that u can do your maths again without looking so stupid at reading english. Base int will be around 2xx or so i guess not below 10.

because you began the **** with stating your MAGIC even tho this thread is about a PHYSICAL pet skill, so therefore you made the comparisons with MAGIC and PHYSICAL i just carried on to aid your poor understanding.

As all can see u are now just trying to pick up on anything that can try and aid the readiong population to favour you now, even by quoting a GM that does not understand his own game mechanics its pretty much sad.

Prove that your calculation for base magic is correct. I already supplied links to prove that mine is correct.

Here's another one:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=1293371

and

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=143481
    The main attribute STR affects is Physical attack, though, it won't affect it directly, it will only work while you use a weapon.

There is already a base physical attack your character will have without weapon, the formula for it is:

Base physical attack = ((Level + First Digit of Level)*2)+3

When you equip a weapon, your base physical attack will raise, and then it will be affected by each STR point you have added. Your level and the amount of STR you have will make a multiplier number that will affect the Weapon physical attack, it's calculated with the next formula:

Multiplier = (STR/Level)

Then, it multiplies the weapon physical attack, so the formula is the next:

Physical attack = [(STR/Level) * (Level+Weapon Attack)] + Base Physical attack + Shards + Refinement + (Equipment Physical attack*Multiplier)
  • drag0nball
    drag0nball Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    So the bugg is here more than 4 months...the thread is written more than 2 months...GM-s still nowhere...maybe they have gone for an eternal holiday and not hurry to awnser this glitch at all...not to mention to fix it. And so venos can beat any 20-30 lvl higher class in duel in 2 seconds. Is this fair?? Of course not...
    But the glitch butique stuffs how fast they could delete and fix it and even players to ban because of GM-s mistakes!!! Because this unfairnes reached them....
    Ohh well what can I say... everyone just hail "Glitched Phoenix FTW and hiding GM-s FTW" b:victory
    Just keep up like this. Everyone will love ya!
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    drag0nball wrote: »
    So the bugg is here more than 4 months...the thread is written more than 2 months...GM-s still nowhere...maybe they have gone for an eternal holiday and not hurry to awnser this glitch at all...not to mention to fix it. And so venos can beat any 20-30 lvl higher class in duel in 2 seconds. Is this fair?? Of course not...
    But the glitch butique stuffs how fast they could delete and fix it and even players to ban because of GM-s mistakes!!! Because this unfairnes reached them....
    Ohh well what can I say... everyone just hail "Glitched Phoenix FTW and hiding GM-s FTW" b:victory
    Just keep up like this. Everyone will love ya!

I kinda let the thread die because I lost faith in it ever being fixed. The only thing the GMs will ever reply to it is : "send a ticket" and if you do send a ticket the only reply they will ever give you is "we are aware of the bug, we are working on a fix"

it's like US companies versus Kyoto Protocol, they won't lift a finger unless something major happens that would force them to do so.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Antelope - Lost City
    Antelope - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Stop bitching about a ****ing overpowered pet. Overpowered is good so stop posting stuff like "0MG! H3RK 0V3RP0W3R3D!"!!! I like the Sephara overpowered and I love being overpowered! It owns all the noobs!
    Level 1x WF. Harshlands (PvP)
  • Ponza - Lost City
    Ponza - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It's been over half a year, and still no sign of a fix. Its pretty safe to assume that PWI is only interested in extracting as much money out of the nix as possible, before the playerbase leaves for games like AION or Guild Wars 2.

You can say I'm QQ'ing as much as you want, but I've played Lineage, WoW, Everquest, Everquest II, LOTRO, and Guild Wars, and PWI, and no other game has as blatantly OP'ed a bug as the Phoenix :/

Guild Wars and WoW are the most balanced games on the list, and they are also currently the most successful MMO's. Coincidence?

I've seen 9x and 8x venos singlehandedly destroy an entire 6-man squad, while having 0 deaths, it's just absurd, any "fun" PvP action dies the moment a skilled nix user who knows how to use the nix comes into play.