The Phoenix - Actual Numbers

Comments

• Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ....I thought we were talking 90+ here, seeing as you brought up refining, which most people don't even care about until 90+.

1.1m and the venomous scarab book (which I've gotten 2 of from like the 5 eden runs i've done) must be hella hard to get when the drop is like 3.6% or something like that. I wouldn't expect you to know though, you don't do HH or FBs and all....

2. That's about the amount of stat difference you have between mage and veno...which was my point I believe. I guess doing 2k normal atks with the nix 20% of the time after you use ironwood scarab at 90+ is too much, huh?
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Bump: because it should be.

Oh, wait, Ren got banned from forums for 6 months for being dumb, guess I have no one to bump this thread with useless arguments now. Oh well.
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Sadly I'm starting to think this thread will never be brought to their attention, or they are simply ignoring it.b:surrender
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Platypuss - Lost City
    Platypuss - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The fact of the matter is the GMs are ignoring it because they seem to respond to any other thread with immediate attention when such names as Yoshiki and Korren are passed around. What I fail to understand is why a GM cannot take their time to look at something thats been constantly argued about without even a simple reply from the GMs. Some attention would be nice let us know your reading this or else you failing your community. This is a serious issue and we need reasons why it cannot be fixed or if your in the process of investigation and repair. Let us know something for God's sake.
  • Aluarn - Lost City
    Aluarn - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    hmmm... I see Ren commenting on peoples grammar, but unfortunately for her...

Hers is also Fracking BS...
    I refuse to make a creative signature.
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This is a serious issue and we need reasons why it cannot be fixed or if your in the process of investigation and repair. Let us know something for God's sake.

Quoted for truth :3
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Chaoslegend - Lost City
    Chaoslegend - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Just let u guys know:
    1.bleed is not fixed in Chinese server,but phoenix do half damage when they atking ground target...but bleed damage still the same.
    2.in Chinese server...ppl don't QQ about the phoenix even they know bleed is a bug,because the money cost for a phoenix is equal to the cost of +8 full set
    armors.

Conclusion:
    Phoenix is too cheap on this server,and I dun think Chinese GMs r trying to fix it.therefore,I dun expect it be fixed here.
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    hmmm... I see Ren commenting on peoples grammar, but unfortunately for her...

also Fracking BS...

Fracking BS...

Fracking

Pure Win.....
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Just let u guys know:
    1.bleed is not fixed in Chinese server,but phoenix do half damage when they atking ground target...but bleed damage still the same.
    2.in Chinese server...ppl don't QQ about the phoenix even they know bleed is a bug,because the money cost for a phoenix is equal to the cost of +8 full set
    armors.

Conclusion:
    Phoenix is too cheap on this server,and I dun think Chinese GMs r trying to fix it.therefore,I dun expect it be fixed here.

If a phoenix cost the same as making your entire set +8 i wouldn't complain much either. Having full gear +8 seems pretty comparable to having a phoenix with bugged bleed in pvp so it would be fair.
    If u wanna have the power of a freaking semi god u better pay shiet loads for it. Like it is now a nix is 20 mil which is so ridiculously cheap that any nubs and their lil cousin can get it - its like same price as tauren chief cape + LY >.<
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If a phoenix cost the same as making your entire set +8 i wouldn't complain much either. Having full gear +8 seems pretty comparable to having a phoenix with bugged bleed in pvp so it would be fair.
    If u wanna have the power of a freaking semi god u better pay shiet loads for it. Like it is now a nix is 20 mil which is so ridiculously cheap that any nubs and their lil cousin can get it - its like same price as tauren chief cape + LY >.<

does that armor level with u? :D
  • ddsp
    ddsp Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You can blame the devs when it takes them YEARS to fix 2 lines of code.

In order to change the code they must also change the models and the textures and the rigging and the flow and the commands. Sounds easy but this "simple fix" just got 6 teams up and running to fix something that took close to 5 years to create. This is what im in school for. My texture tutor, who worked for years as a texture artist takes about a day to creat a single texture for a human. and that doesnt include the clothes. It takes many changes to make a "small" change to a game and as this is a free game unlike wow i doubt they have the millions to spend on every bug. so a bug sliped through testing. Want to do something about the nix prob then why not have every non-nix user ban together and keep pkin them? Just a thought but how many people can a nix kill at one time?
  • shield
    shield Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    dmg output in an instance has nothing to do with the textures. Its a mathmatic formula. I've gone to college for computer engineering and computer science. I program in multiple languages. It just isn't possible for it to be that complicated to make a change in the formula.
    The same piece of code is in place on every other class.

While we are pointing at the Bleed skill as bugged, lets also point out that the veno pets do not receive dmg reduction in instances. TT solo?!! What is designed for a squad to do, should not be done by an individual.
  • Cyanea - Lost City
    Cyanea - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    shield wrote: »
    It just isn't possible for it to be that complicated to make a change in the formula.

For example, they might attach a bleed object to a player and the code which fires off the attack might not have enough available parameters in the interface used to create this bleed object to distinguish all of the relevant cases and changing the interfaces to address this issue might require rebuilding and re-debugging their entire combat system.

Or not.

But... "not possible"?

b:question

Como se dice en ingles "not possible"!?
  • Lindt - Harshlands
    Lindt - Harshlands Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    hmmmm I'm not really for or against getting the bugged flesh ream fixed, there is one interesting thing i noticed though.

Why is it GMs don't respond to a thread about a bug in the game? Isn't it their job to fix those? Despite that they seem to be plenty willing to make pointless posts that don't actually tell us anything important... I'm not usually one to flame GMs, but come on, can you actually at least address this problem? The topic has come up so many times, and yet no one seems to know an official GM response other than: It makes more money for them to not fix it so they don't.

And now... some examples of completely worthless GM posts using time that could have been spent addressing this, or many other issues:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1837332&postcount=5
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=207252
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=1796311#post1796311

Now of course they do also make relivent posts, but it seems that whenever this topic among others comes up they're nowhere to be found (except maybe some random thread posting useless stuff).

Please, prove my point and not respond now.
  • Cyanea - Lost City
    Cyanea - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Why is it GMs don't respond to a thread about a bug in the game?

If they had responded, how could I find their response? (How many times do people ask questions?)
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    hmmmm I'm not really for or against getting the bugged flesh ream fixed, there is one interesting thing i noticed though.

Why is it GMs don't respond to a thread about a bug in the game? Isn't it their job to fix those? Despite that they seem to be plenty willing to make pointless posts that don't actually tell us anything important... I'm not usually one to flame GMs, but come on, can you actually at least address this problem? The topic has come up so many times, and yet no one seems to know an official GM response other than: It makes more money for them to not fix it so they don't.

And now... some examples of completely worthless GM posts using time that could have been spent addressing this, or many other issues:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1837332&postcount=5
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=207252
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=1796311#post1796311

Now of course they do also make relivent posts, but it seems that whenever this topic among others comes up they're nowhere to be found (except maybe some random thread posting useless stuff).

Please, prove my point and not respond now.

gm=/= programer
  • Lindt - Harshlands
    Lindt - Harshlands Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    OK but when it comes to player to programmer communications, that's the GMs jobs so it's their responsibility to inform the programmers of the bugs in the game so they can be fixed. When you report a bug who do you report it to? GMs. All I'm saying is that it's nice to know that the bug has been recognized and at least get some idea of if and when it will be fixed or not.
  • CrimsonScyth - Lost City
    CrimsonScyth - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    lol SEVENTEEN pages o.O
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hi, as my part for this thread, i think the phoenix bleed bug SHOULD be fixed, and cannot stay this way

as for some post (that im too lazy to quote cus it would take like 2 hours...) that have been here, ill say, first at all, a veno CAN solo a warrior, at least at my lvl, in TW and duels they hit me for 1k from ranged, im supposed to find them, do cloud sprint, stun them and pray for them to be silly to dont stun me....?
    so, they cant solo barbs, do you expect to solo every class or what?
    Phoenix do 800 each tick on me last time i checked
    big deal if you see that my hp is about 3k, 800X3= 2400
    so, dealing 2400 in nine seconds only the phoenix, not counting the veno that can deal 2k in 6 secs..

PD: Maybe im worst warrior in history T.T but i cant solo venos unless they are in front of me and wave before attking
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It took weeks of thread-creation spamming to get them to make a statement about Harpy Wraith materials that were obtained through glitching, it will probably take even more weeks before they DO something about it, if they do. I wonder if the people will have to make yet another forum rebellion to get them to make a statement about the bleed. They've made a thread for a "skill wish list", which is just that, a wish list to try to keep people happy and distracted, because I doubt that's ever going to get anywhere.

If they can suggest playing around with something like that, the skill system, why can't they just fix what's already implement? I mean, get real, the bird is strong, just because the bleed makes it godly doesn't mean it's not the best pet by itself, and that people won't buy it.
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If they can suggest playing around with something like that, the skill system, why can't they just fix what's already implement? I mean, get real, the bird is strong, just because the bleed makes it godly doesn't mean it's not the best pet by itself, and that people won't buy it.

Yes, my phoenix doesn't even have the skill. Why use something that makes pvp so easy? It's boring.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Maybe if we spam the wish list with phoenix immunity, they will get the picture.

Venos have quit the game because unless they are outnumbered greatly people won't even fight them b/c of the nix. I've actually seen a few venos using bees even thought they have a nix, just so they can have some fun.
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Maybe if we spam the wish list with phoenix immunity, they will get the picture.

Venos have quit the game because unless they are outnumbered greatly people won't even fight them b/c of the nix. I've actually seen a few venos using bees even thought they have a nix, just so they can have some fun.

b:laugh yep i seen same thing venos who got a nix but they use sawfly so people actually try to attack/fight back against them for once. Although i also seen a bm get pretty full of himself tried to gank the veno (who has a nix and was hiding it by pulling out a sawfly) with two other clerics so when veno came out of sz he/she said to go out more from the sz and pulled out the nix and **** them allb:chuckle. The funny things i see when i go on my world questb:pleased.
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    I bump you long time.
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Bump back up.
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • CrimsonScyth - Lost City
    CrimsonScyth - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    fix. flesh. ream. bug. please.

GMs you must be tired of hearing QQs. we are tired of QQing but i promise you it wont end till you address and fix the flesh ream bug. its such a glaring imbalance in pvp.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    From playing around with my phoenix in pvp so far I've found that although it hits fast, its damage is quite low. I've had it fight players above, at, and below its level and I have found nothing interesting in its damage.

At this moment I say it really is the skill that is the problem for sure, not the phoenix because the phoenix really isn't all that great in pvp to begin with.
    Main characters
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    From playing around with my phoenix in pvp so far I've found that although it hits fast, its damage is quite low. I've had it fight players above, at, and below its level and I have found nothing interesting in its damage.

At this moment I say it really is the skill that is the problem for sure, not the phoenix because the phoenix really isn't all that great in pvp to begin with.

There is a problem with the nix (or maybe pets in general, but no1 will sleep/stun/seal anything besides a nix anyway). The problem is that sometimes it cannot be disabled, and that usually happens if it's already flying towards you. I've seen people sleep nixes, and the nix **** them while sleeping or being stunned, or sealed in place. But all that wouldn't be as much of a problem if bleed was fixed.

At 89+ a hell veno with nix without bleed **** you 20% of the time, and manhandles you the rest of the time (b/c of hell ironwood scarab). Being unable to die and doing max dmg should be enough for a pet. Flesh ream is just too much. We don't all have +12 gears and 13k hp.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Hmm, I'll have to test that disabling thing to see if that's true. I know that a wizard had no trouble keeping my hercules away from him. Heck, he even beat it and he was a lower level light armor wizard. (people duel my pets and I don't heal my pets because then the pet would nearly always win.)

Although, I had my phoenix fight a blademaster 2 levels below it and he stunned it just fine. The phoenix still beat him but just barely, I mean like the bm would have won in 1 or 2 more hits.
    Main characters
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    ....They are going to code frigging genies in the game but they can't fix a block of broken code?! COME ON! A bug doesn't require permission to be fixed, does it?!